Old data in pivot tables

Hi,
how can I get out old data from pivot table, which is not longer used in
source table.

Example (source table):
Name            Age
Tom                20
Bob                15
Jane                23

I make pivot table and then I remove Bob(from source table), but in pivot
table is still stay!!!

Refresh table is work but record stays...

Thanks
Radim

0
krikri (1)
3/22/2005 9:47:22 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There are instructions here for clearing old items from a PivotTable
dropdown list:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

ListBox do not display items from linked xls table
Dear Colleagues, Please advise what may be wrong, access stopped to display items from linked excel table? In the same time, if I link access table it works properly. I think it became after recent october updates, but I am not shure. Thank you in advance On Oct 18, 11:17 am, Sergey <sdol...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Colleagues, > > Please advise what may be wrong, access stopped to display items from > linked excel table? > In the same time, if I link access table it works properly. > I think it became after recent october updates, but I am not shure. > > Than...

better way to copy data from an embedded html box
i have some fields from a browser window pasted into excel. the become shapes when pasted into excel. i give the shapes names starting with box 1 to box ?, depending on what's been pasted into excel. when one shape is selected, it shows the following the the formula bar: embed("forms.html:text.1",""). right now i have some code that will copy the data from the field: With ws.Shapes("Box " & i) Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary SendKeys "^A", True SendKeys "^C", True end with this wor...

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

VS2008 complains about T[ ] data = ...
I have been seeing code samples using notation like this: ... T[] data = source.ToArray(); ... When I try the sample in VS2008 -- I get the following error message: "The type or namespace name 'T' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?" Is the notation above a VS2010 thing? If yes, is there an equivalent for VS2008? If no, what do I need to add so that VS2008 does not complain about T[] something = ... ? Thanks Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Rich P" <rpng12...

office 2007 and old office 2003 excel files
I have a desktop pc with Office 2003 and Vista Home premium system. I am getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on it. With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop. However, all my old files were generated by office 2003. Will the office 2007 be able to access and process these old files? Also, can I uninstall office 2003 from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files created by office 2003? Thanks. Carl Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new version by savi...

Opening docs from old versions
In attempting to open a doc created in an ancient version of Word (for Windows, not DOS), I get this message: "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening by your registry policy setting." What is the registry setting I must change to override this and allow the opening? Thanks. -TedMi Hi Ted, I'm pretty sure this is the KB article you need: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 There are both downloadable reg files and instructions for manual editing...

Retrieving Data from a Column / Row to populate a cell
I currently have data supplied to me in an Excel spreadsheet that I to transfer manually I would like this to populate a cell reference, the problem I have is that I cannot gather a train of thought to obtain the data from from a specific row/column. There is a sample of the data supplied to me below Name In Out Int Greg 165 108 29 09 July 2003 42 34 9 14 July 2003 44 19 4 16 July 2003 40 40 8 17 July 2003 39 15 8 Andrew 125 43 9 1...

Combine data rows in Pie Chart
I have a large excel spreadsheet that has client names and transaction amounts on it (along with other data). I made a chart that has the names and amount percentages on it, but there is a problem. It lists every transaction from a client as a different piece of the pie. So if a client has 5 transactions he has 5 pieces of the pie. Any way I can get Excel to recognize the same name and group it on a pie chart? :confused: -- Jayntree ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jayntree's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

how can create a formula to add data from 1 worksheet to another?
how can create a formula to add data from 1 worksheet to another? Hi Linnie You can use VLOOKUP, if it is based on info on the destination sheet. Would need more info to help you there. You can also reference the cell in the source sheet, by inserting a formula in the destination cell. Say you want to put the data in Sheet1, cell A3, and you want to read the data from Sheet2, Cell F8, then in Sheet1, cell A3, enter the following formula: =Sheet2!F8. HTH "Linnie" wrote: > how can create a formula to add data from 1 worksheet to another? =Sheet2!A1+Sheet1!A1 or =SUM(Sh...

Retrieving/opening Outlook express emails from old drive
Hi all, I recently needed to replace the hard drive in my notebook. The old drive is still operational, so I can now using it as an external hard disc. How can I open to read / and save or import all the email folders in Outlook express from this older disc? I'd like to save all those messages to a backup/archive. Thanks, Shayne. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Out...

MO Entry Window Error: Save operation on table MOP_Order_MSTR fai
Updated to V10, from V9 SP3 on a test SQL server. When going into the MO Entry window, we are getting: A Save operation on Table 'MOP_Order_MSR' failed accessing SQL Data. We can click OK and it goes to the window, but it does not default the next MO number. If I click on the 'More Info' button onthe above window: SQL Native Client violation of PRIMARY KEY Constraint PKMRP001 cannot insert duplicate key in dbo MRP0101. Does anyone know what I need to do to correc this error? I am waiting to upgrade to V10 'Live' until I figure this error out. thanks! Doug ...

get external data not working
office 2000 i installed all the options for excel query, at least thought i did but when accessing get external data, the 'new web', 'new database', and 'import text file' options have a starlike yellow icon splashed on/over the icons for those options on the menu, and if i select any of them excel just hangs up, i've given it about 5 minutes but have to end up killing excel went to reinstall query etc, but its not really clear how to select just that from the change/add functions when doing a change/reinstall, it seems i would have to completely reinstall all of of...

old posts
How can I find a post I made yesterday? Hi, when you open this post, click on your name, it will pop up a window with your information, at the to right click on Recent posts by this user if this helps please click yes, thanks "Eric" wrote: > How can I find a post I made yesterday? I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like: http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm Eric wrote:...

DEP
I just applied SP1 for W2K3 to my E2K3 SP1 server. When I logged in after the reboot, a message popped up about DEP, wanting to block the start of IIS, which would of course make my mail server somewhat less of a mail server. When you go into the DEP configuration (System Properties/Advanced/Performance Settings) you have the option to only run it against Windows programs and services, or run it against all programs except an exclusion list that you would tick off. The only item currently appearing in the exclusion list is IIS, currently unticked. What should I be doing with this on...

Data display issues
I am new to XML so pardon my ignorance. I have an XML file that is used to layout an invoice from a program. The problem I am having is I need more data than the program puts out so is it possible to use a script or something to query an MS SQL Server database for the additional data. I so how would you go about this. Any help would be great thanks in advance Richard Richard wrote: > I am new to XML so pardon my ignorance. I have an XML file that is used > to layout an invoice from a program. The problem I am having is I need > more data than the program puts out so is it p...

Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.
When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution? What version of Outlook? Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like yours is corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

Outlook gets OLD messages again....
How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had deleted. May be your provider restored a backup? -- EDV-Service Marchert [Peter Marchert] --------------------------------------- Homepage: http://www.marchert.de Rufnummernformatierung mit EditNumbers Kontakte per Mausklick mit ContactMaker smerf schrieb: > How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had > deleted. It's 1and1.com.....the girl that answered couldn't do anything but request a sample email from me and promise a call later. This has happened...

How old are you?
I'm trying to work out the age of someone, based on the current date an their date of birth. I've used the YEAR [Year(A1)-Year(B1)] function bu it rounds up? Can anyone help? Thank -- tee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- teeb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51062 Hi teeb With the date of birth in B2 Completed years =IF(B2<=TODAY(),DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"Y"),-DATEDIF(TODAY(),B2,"Y")) See also http://www...

historical data
I have a few years worth of data in money 2005 on another machine, can I transfer via cd or flash drive? In microsoft.public.money, rozelle25 wrote: >I have a few years worth of data in money 2005 on another machine, can I >transfer via cd or flash drive? Yes. Copy over the *.mny file in particular. Copy the file to the Documents/MyDocumnents folder on the destination machine. If you choose the CDR route, undo the read-only attribute. That extra chore does not occur if you use the flash drive, so that is easier. ...

how can I get old replaced excel file
I have one A file, suddenly I have go to sav as option & select file B to replace with A I said yes, but my mistake I said yes. Please see how can I get that old A file from back date ? Use the backup copy. If you didn't create a backup last time, make sure that you do next time. In your "Save As" dialogue, "General Options" comes from the Tools option (in Excel 2007). If you didn't create a backup copy yourself, then you are out of luck unless your system (or your IT department if you have one) has created a backup, or unless you sent a cop...

Blank record inserted in table
Hey there, I have a main form and a subform. My subform's recordsource basically says select * from table where id = id from my main form. Works great but whenever I create a record in my main form it automatically creates a blank record in the table that is the recordsource for my subform. If I choose not to enter info in the subform for that id, I get a blank record still in the table. How can I prevent this? Thanks! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "gmazza via AccessMonster.com" <u37142@uwe> wrote in message news:a0f0c6ee99ecd@uwe... ...

Labeling Data Pairs
I have a spreadsheet which I use to plot test results .. What I am hoping for is if someone can tell me how to go about adding the following information to the graph. My xy coordinates are easy enough to display if I need to, but what I really need is to display the numbered point. ie point xy1 should display a name, point xy2 should display name2, etc... I played around with this for a while and couldn't figure it out and the help file was, well, no help at all. Maybe I'm just dumb as a brick but I just figure out the answer. If anyone can help I'd be most obliged. I am usin...

Need more complex data validation than I can see available from the menu
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet, and I want the data in cell B to be between 2 values if the data in cell A is between 2 other values. For example, cell A contains an annual review score. Cell B is to contain a merit increase percentage. Once the user has entered a score in cell A (say "2") and then enters a percentage in cell B (say "3.5") I want the validation to check if cell A is between 1 and 2, don't let the merit percent be over 3.0 or under 1.0). Any help would be appreciated! I'm scrounging through the help files and an ebook of macro coding, ...

link data shape property to size and position entry
Dear Visio Experts - I need your help to find a solution for this issue Problem: I want to have the height and width of a drawing(for ex: rectangle) coming from the excel which I have linked to the Visio? For ex: I have an XL with following data set. Type X-side Y - side Block1 8 1 Block2 1 2 Block3 2 4 I linked this XL to visio using Data--> Link data to shapes->excel workbook. I got external data window in XL and was able to draw rectangles on visio drawing which are linked to the external data window. Now in the size and shape properties window of each re...

How do I view old appointmens in my calendar.
I'm trying to view old appointments in my calendar but it only shows activity for the past 10 months. How can I see what I did a year ago or more? Are you using autoarchive to clean up the old appointments? If so, you need to open the archive. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LS...