OLAP Cube for Excel 97?

Hi all,

  There's an option of getting data source from OLAP cube in Office 2000 or
later application but not in 97 while creating pivot table.  May I know if
there's add-in download available that support this function for Excel 97?

Thank you

0
ryanrhyme (1)
9/13/2004 3:13:14 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

I know a company called Applix used to do and addin -
(many moons ago) might be worth looking them up.

ttfn benm

0
anonymous (74721)

Windows Excel 2000 file running on an IMac computer
Hi I have an excel spreadsheet with codes and macros in it. It was written in Excel 2000 for windows. Does any know if it will run on an IMac computer running Excel for mac? Thanks in advance for you help Kimberly I don't use a Mac, but I've seen a lot of code posted by Mac users that'll work on wintel pc's. But I think the real answer is it depends. If the windows macro used things that are specific to windows, then you'll have trouble. If it's pretty plain vanilla stuff, then you'll be ok. I think the test is really just running it and testing the heck out...

How do I save more than 1 toolbar configuration in Excel?
I want to make a new toolbar without every Excel file changing to that toolbar. Jan Karel Pieterse has some instructions about creating a toolbar via code or attaching the toolbar to a workbook. http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro04.htm C. Christman wrote: > > I want to make a new toolbar without every Excel file changing to that toolbar. -- Dave Peterson ...

Excel leave calendar
Does anybody know where I can get or a tutorial to do a staff works annual leave calendar. Thanks Nigel ...

Excel+ODBC == read-only?
I am trying to create a .XLS file via ODBC and it's not working. If I use the same code with a different DSN (such as a dBase or Access file) it works just fine. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact error message, but as I recall, executing a CREATE TABLE statement returns an error message stating (paraphrasing) "can't do this on a read-only table". The .XLS file does not get created and, naturally, the table within it does not get created. Does the Excel ODBC driver support any file manipulation, or is it strictly a read-only data source? If necessary, I can get th...

getpivotdata in excel 2007
=+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the pivot table is called "pivot1" and the reference cells represent (name of doc), (date), (procedure type). I get a REF# I have spent hours already and need a solution fast. Please Fern wrote: > =+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) > > I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the > pivot table is called "pivot1" and...

excel stops responding
Hello First off, it doesn't completely stop responding. You just cant do certain things like print. Here is the issue. A simple spreadsheet is being used, nothing special or complex. After a random amount of time, it just stops working correctly. The only way to get it to work is to restart the computer. Recently, it would not print after a random amount of time. It will print from other applications (including other office apps) just fine. You have to restart the computer for excel to work again. This has happened on 2 different computers, both running winxp sp2. Both computers ...

creating a dropdown list in excel
i want to create a dropdown list in excell that will highlight a word when first letter is typed To make a dropdown first highlight the list you wish and give it a name (anthing you want eg listX). Do this by going Insert>name>create. After doing this go to the cell where you wish for the dropdown list to appear, and go Data>Validation. When the box comes up, in the box next to "allow:" secect "list". In the box below that says "source" type "=(your list name). For example "=ListX" Your dropdown is then complete, so click ok. hope ...

Removing Access 97 recently used file list
Is it possible to suppress the recently used file list from Access 97? I've just discovered that even if you hide the database window and lock it so that the user can't get in by holding down the shift key, the user is still able to open the whole thing, completely unprotected, simply by selecting it twice in succession from the recently used file list on the File menu. Seems absolutely ridiculous to me... It sounds, then, as though your database isn't properly secured, as that should have no bearing on how it opens. For Access 97, the MRU is stored as up to four...

Function to convert Excel column into number
Dear all, I need a function to convert Excel column into number. Example : A = 1 B = 2 C = 2 Z = 26 AA = 27 AB = 28 AZ = 28 BA = 53 BB = 54 Please help. Thanks. Chlaris Public Function XLSColToNum(ByVal strCell As String) As Integer Dim strCol As String Dim strChar As String Dim bytPos As Byte Dim intAsc As Integer Dim intNum As Integer For bytPos = 1 To Len(strCell) intAsc = Asc(UCase(Mid(strCell, bytPos, 1))) If intAsc < 65 Or intAsc > 90 Then Exit For End If Next If bytPos > 1 Then strCol = UCase(Left(strCell, bytPos - 1)) i...

HELP! Excel problem.... Will Pay!
I have had serious problems trying to get this Excel file right to upload into my OsCommerce - Easy Populate script. If some one is willing to help me with this and do the first upload for me I can pay you! I REALLY REALLY need to get this finally finished up! So to any one willing to help just email me. popuplace@yahoo.com title it "Excel Help" Here is the main file I was given from another member from these forums. This is the format the file will need to be in. If you are able to change another CSV file into this format PLEASE contact me ASAP! Thank You! http://www.pricetrim...

Set up a Calendar in Excel
I have a Lotus 123 spreadsheet that brings up three calendars. I need to convert it to EXCEL. All I do is enter the first date of the month and the three months come up one under each other. I just used formulas to create the dates in each field. Could someone tell me a formular I could use in the cells to bring up the appropriate days for each calendar. I tried to just convert the spreadsheet and apparently there is some problem with the formula. Here is the 123 formula for the 1st day of the month of the first calendar. I just added days to it to get the rest of the days of the month....

i need an Access or Excel template for managing a driving school?
My requirements are Customer and Diary management so i guess i would need to hold info on Customer Details Lesson Plans Payments What are the additional functions that you are looking for? You can have a few columns to do all that if you just want to store it. "elmbeck" wrote: > My requirements are Customer and Diary management so i guess i would need to > hold info on > > Customer Details > Lesson Plans > Payments All I want is to be able to link a customer database with my diary.(i.e. select from list of customers to allocate time in my schedule). I wil...

Text Into Excel
I have a text file list of uk music charts for 2004 In this format data on seperate rows Nelly & Christina Aguilera Tilt Ya Head Back 28 Nov 5 I could do with importing it all into excel so it ends up with data in seperate columns, I know that copy ,paste special,transpose would do this for individual bits of info But is it possible to do all of the text file in one go without having to copy n paste each one. Tia And Season Greetings ...

Outlook 97 #16
I am using outlook 97 and have been for quite sometime. All of a sudden when I tried to open it, I received the followign message: "Outlook.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." I have rebooted several times. Anyone have any ideas. My pst file is 34,905 kb. Thanks. ...

Cannot open Excel files.
i cannot open any excel files directly from there location. When i try to access the file, it will open the program to the point just before the workbook is about to be displayed and hangs. No error messages are created and the system does not hang. I can however, open excel files from within excel. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Much appreciated Wayne Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Window...

dissapearing spreadsheet- excel 2003
Something awful has happened. I just finished a massive spreadsheet down to the last detail. Everything balanced out, it was perfect. I was ready to print the final draft. I wanted to take out the grid lines and the a-z and 123.. borders so I was looking at various commands on the tool bar. I got to the "insert' heading and clicked on "worksheet" to see what it was. Everything is now gone....... I am sick. Please tell me how to get the spreadsheet back. I have tried to open the one I want from the saved files but nothing but a blank worksheet comes up. While looking thru t...

How do I create a calendar from data in excel?
I have two columns with dates in them and would like to display a calendar at the bottom of the page. Is this possible? Try a 3rd party application like WinCalendar... With this you can insert a Calendar into any excel sheet. You can also save daily appointments on a floating Calendar that later display on the inserted calendar. Refer to http://www.wincalendar.com/ for more info. TG On Jul 31, 12:00 pm, kare7272 <kare7...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have two columns with dates in them and would like to display acalendarat > the bottom of the page. Is this possible...

excel in browser
hi out there Could you tell me if there is any chance to use cmd button to print preview (i.e charts, sheets, ranges,.) when excel file is open with internet explorer. I've created excel application myself and just recently found out that my file is to be hosted externaly on one of virtual learning environments (VLE) sites. When I uploaded my file onto (VLE) and then open with browser cmd buttons with printpriview methods caused error message "Print preview method of chart,range,.. class failed". Also I used to read from text files to obtain some information and display ...

Excell 2007 compatiblity
In Excel 2003 I have a rectangle and a textbox grouped together and then a macro assigned to the group. When I load the workbook up in 2007 (compatiblity mode) it looses the the assigned macro, clicking on the groupbox does not fire the macro. If I go ahead and assing a macro to the groupbox again, when the assign macro box come up it does have the correct macro already. Seems to me that may be a bug in 2007? Anyone have a solution or other thoughts? Thanks ...

Why are columns in some Excel files numbered instead of lettered?
How do I change column headings in existing files created by other people back to letters instead of numbers? As a rookie Excel user, it is a lot easier to create formulas by signifying cells with a number for the row and a letter for the column. Tools|options|general|uncheck r1c1 reference style john.p.blough@gm.com wrote: > > How do I change column headings in existing files created by other people > back to letters instead of numbers? As a rookie Excel user, it is a lot > easier to create formulas by signifying cells with a number for the row and a > letter for the co...

Excel xp
Everytime I try to save changes in an Excel xp file, I get this message: The file ___ may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? -save a copy, or -overwrite changes I have been -overwriting changes. No one else on the office network has this problem - just me. I've also had problems with Publisher xp. SJ wrote: > Everytime I try to save changes in an Excel xp file, I get this message: > The file ___ may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. > In that case, what do you want to do? -save a copy...

hot to access deleted information in excel sheets
Hi everyone, a friend of mine did something stupid ;) she deleted some data in an excel worksheet, saved the file and quit the program. Now she discovered she actually still needs that data. No backup though. As far as I know, some information about former states of an document is saved by Excel even if versioning (or whatever it is called) is not enabled. Is it possible to retrieve these and if how? thanks and regards, Goeran No way that I know of other than maybe the power of prayer ... but I wouldn't hold your breath. IMHO it's gone. It is called a "learning experie...

How do I remove a password on an excel document when I don't know.
We have had an employee leave and have gone to use work spreadsheets which this employee applied passwords to. Now we can't make corrections. If we can not get in we will have to re-do all the spreadsheets Not being funny here, but have you contacted the ex-employee and asked them? I'm not aware of any way around the password sadly. "Trish35" wrote: > We have had an employee leave and have gone to use work spreadsheets which > this employee applied passwords to. Now we can't make corrections. If we > can not get in we will have to re-do all the spread...

Select contacts for export to Excel
I need to select anumber of contacts and then to export them to an excel spreadsheet. I select the contacts highlighf then and then export. Outlook exports all my contacts. How do I export just the selected items ? -- Stephen Connolly Copy the selected items to a new, empty contacts folder, then export from that folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Stephen Connolly" <StephenConnolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Excel gridlines not printing
I've checked the box on Print Setup/Sheet. The gridlines show in Print Preview. The gridlines print when I email it to another user. But they won't print for me. I'm running XP professional. Hi have you got the lastest drivers for your printer - these can (generally) be obtained from the web site of the printer manufacturer. Cheers JulieD "PIMHH" <PIMHH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B02AD017-6520-4881-BA9F-1C94D4FA958E@microsoft.com... > I've checked the box on Print Setup/Sheet. The gridlines show in Print > Preview. The ...