Office97 home edition Excel

My new Vista operated Dell inspiron does not run the Server add on from my
Office 97 disk.  It was fine with the previous XP machine.  Is there
anything I can do to get it working?  The Help files don't work with Vista
it seems.  Thanks

Alan C
r.combellack@nspmexplorenet.com

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel help #2
Hi - I'm pretty familiar with most stuff in excel and I'd say I'm an intermediate user. I would like to learn how to do vba in excel. Does anyone know of any online help or tutorials that would teach me? If possible, I would like interactive suggestions. Thanks in advance. Newtechie David McRitchie's "Getting Started". Note links to other sites at the boittom of the page. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm VBA Tutorial from Microsoft. http://support.microsoft.com/support/excel/content/vba101/default.asp There are many more, but these sho...

HOME!!!!!
Hey everyone, just to let you all know that we have got home safely after being stranded because of volcanic eruption. you might get this message late as my e-mail service isnt working properly. Hey, Tottenham have done really well this season, dont ya think. Better than most.(not mentioning any names). lol. anyway, hope everyones doin alright, hope to hear from you soon, from chantelle and Fam. ...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

.jpg attachment opens in Excel
Recently I have noticed that any jpg attachments I receive in Outlook Express email messages try to open in Excel. How can I correct this so that it will open properly like it used to? B Not strictly an Excel Issue, but. Right click on a jpg while holding down the shift key. You should now get an option to 'Open with...'. Select an image editor from this list and select 'Always use this program...'. That should fix it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "B" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Removal of Outlook97 / Office97
Trying to uninstall Office97 (Pro), but always hung up when Outlook's friend "Windows Messenger" shows up as a shared file to be kept or removed. All other Office97 elements removeable individually, just Messenger is the block. As part of WinXP (Pro), it is not removeable in itself. Any ideas? Many Thanks! Kento. ...

Customizing the Home Page Activity View
Does anybody know how to customize the Activity view that is on the CRM home page? We would like to add a field to that view but I can't find out where to do it within system customization. Thanks, Shane Hello Activity views are one thing you cannot customize in CRM. Hopefully we will see customizations available in this area in the next releasse. Also check out www.c360.com who produce a number of additional solutions which may help you "yensid" <mthompson@meyners.com> wrote in message news:fdc09ccd.0308080901.3516a813@posting.google.com... > Does anybody know ...

excel 97 filename truncation in Windows XP Pro
I have a legacy application that runs in Excel 97. I have Excel 97 and Excel XP loaded on a new machine that runs Windows XP Pro. The legacy application fails because the filename of a workbook is truncated during the saveas command. When I do a manual saveas in Excel 97, the filename truncates to the first letter. If I do the same thing in Excel XP, the saveas works normally. There have been a few posts describing the same problem. I searched google and found this: http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl The last post in the thread suggested an answe...

problem with rich edit control #2
Hi, I am facing a pecular problem with RichEdit Control I have written a chat program. In that i have used richedit control to type the message and recieve. For embedding the images ,like emoticons, i have written code using OLE. But after deleting the image from richeditcontrol(sender one) and replace it with new image and after that when i sent it, still previous image only going. Can you plz help me ,how can i resolve this one. thanks in advance, ram ...

how do I apply values to axis?(excel graph)
I would like to apply sales figures to the X axis and Profit figures to the Y axis, plus Breakeven point line in the middle of the graph. I have got a table of figures. Please show me how to do it. Thank you. ...

opening Excel attachment in updated outlook in office 2003
I have recently updated my office 2003 package after a crash in word document. Now I can not get to open the attachments in particular the EXCEL attachment. Can any body help me in finding a solution? Sometimes one of these works when you can't open a file by double clicking in Windows Explorer--maybe it'll work for your attachments: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry...

Row/Column unhide shortcut keys not working in excel 2007
Specs: AMD 64 X2, Vista Business Edition, Office 2007. I searched through the groups, but I didn't come across an answer to my problem.. Do the shortcut keys for row/column unhide work in excel 2007? I'm used to excel 2002/03 where the command is CTRL+SHIFT+9 and CTRL+SHIFT+0. According to the excel 2007 help, the commands are the same, but they do not work for me (I can unhide by going to Cells- >Format-> Hide & unhide). Interestingly, Ctrl+9 and Ctrl+0 work fine for hiding rows/columns. On a (related?) note, in the following thread http://groups.google.com/group/microso...

Office97 Outlook Question
I run ME. When I boot up and Office97 is trying to load, I get these error messages: 'The Outllib.dll file is linked to missing export MAPI32.dll:239' and 'C:\program files\microsoft office\office\outlook.exe a device attached to your system is not functioning.' I checked all my attachments like the printer, scanner, etc. Everything is working fine. When I click the Outlook Icon, it opens fine. So, why the error messages? This usually occurs when another program besides Outlook is set as the default MAPI client. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://s...

can i convert a word document into an excel spreadsheet?
i would like to convert a word document into an excel spreadsheet. "jodibaldwin" <jodibaldwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F32216D-9070-4AEA-BFBC-58ADDFAFE53B@microsoft.com... > i would like to convert a word document into an excel spreadsheet. Try saving as a text file and opening that in Excel. ...

How do I transfer data in a pdf file into an excel workbook?
How do I transfer data in a pdf file into an excel workbook? Open the .pdf file in Acrobat Reader. Edit > SelectAll Ctrl-C (to copy) Switch to Excel, cell A1 Ctrl-V (to paste) You now have a 1 column TEXT file in Excel........it can be "broken out" using the Data > TextToColumns feature...... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "CBooze1969" wrote: > How do I transfer data in a pdf file into an excel workbook? A post from Jason Morin........ You can convert the pdf to an html file, and then open it up in Excel. Of course you'll lose formatting but you can r...

convert existing Excel into Data source document to link to exist.
Convert existing Excel into Data source document to link to existing Mail Merge document to create multiple letters for mass mailings? In Word, select the Excel file as Data source "KayLMPD" wrote: > Convert existing Excel into Data source document to link to existing Mail > Merge document to create multiple letters for mass mailings? ...

needing help with uninstalling windows vista home to down grade to windows xp home!!!
ok i have this problem where the computer i have a dell dimension 2520 is infested with a virus that i some how cant find with no matter the anti virus spyware or maliscious ware program i find.... everytime i try to runthe windows xp boot disk in the beginning i get the whole checking raid controllers an what not runs the disk to the very end then it starts windows... after that i get a blue screen that says *** stop BLAH BLAH BLAH. an tells me to restart the computer can someon please help me on this current situation i have been at it for 3 -4 days trying to find a solution an som...

Multi Homed Exchange ans SmartHost
I have a multihomed exchange domain, across two sites. If I use SmartHost at either end then replication messages do not get sent/received But I want to use smarthost for internet mail to offload the mail delivery to the ISP Is there a way to do this with routing groups? Can anyone offer any advice on this? Many thanks, jON On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 10:32:36 +0100, "Jon Rowlan" <jon.rowlan@sads.com> wrote: >I have a multihomed exchange domain, across two sites. > >If I use SmartHost at either end then replication messages do not get >sent/received > >But...

Excel, in a cell, how do i link to a pic & autohide like a comment
Is there a way to insert / attach a picture from a file to an excell 'cell' and have it autohide? Similar to the way a comment box behaves? (2003). Debra Dalgleish has a neat approach: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture Does that help? -- Regards, Ron "harperma" wrote: > Is there a way to insert / attach a picture from a file to an excell 'cell' > and have it autohide? Similar to the way a comment box behaves? (2003). ...

Pivot Table in Excel 2007?????
Why did Microsoft complicate the creation of a simple pivot table???? I now have a single column of the data I want in a table: Col A 1 7/1/2005 $210.00 7/14/2005 $120.00 8/4/2005 $180 etc I want: 1 2 3 etc 7/1 210. 7/14 120. 8/4 180 etc How do I get from a single column to a multi column/row??? It was so easy before!!! Now????? OMEd Hi, This interests me greatly. I put your sample data into one column of a spreadsheet and made a pivot table from it using 2003 but I could not reach the layout you show. Coul...

VBA Excel
I have a small app that as a part of what it does has a "Preview" dialog that allows the user to navigate through the worksheets in the workbook and it will highlight an area of each worksheet to show that a specific range is set. It all works fine, except for a problem that I believe has to do with focus. The controls look like this: |<< << >> >>| They represent, respectively, First Sheet, Previous Sheet, Next Sheet, and Last Sheet. The Problem: The default one with focus when you start the app is "Next" (>>). If you clic...

Usernames not showing up when tracking changes in Excel
One of my users is sharing out an Excel document in their shared documents folder. When he tracks changes, for some users it shows the user's full name, ie John Smith, but for others it shows nothing. This is on an XP Pro operating system on a Novell 6 network. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >One of my users is sharing out an Excel document in their >shared documents folder. When he tracks changes, for >some users it shows the user's full name, ie John Smith, >but for others it shows nothing. This is on an XP P...

Editing root name using XmlDocument
hi, i am new to xml can any one plz tell me how to change the root name in a xml. <NewDataSet> - <PersonInfo> <ID>3123</ID> <Person>Mohan</Person> </PersonInfo> - <PersonInfo> <ID>3124</ID> <Person>Ram</Person> </PersonInfo> </NewDataSet> how to change <NewDataSet> to some other name using XmlDocument ..... plz help me hi Sridev, I'm assuming you are using C# here as you mentioned XmlDocument object by VB.NET uses same basic functionality. You can't by default change the name ...

How to get two instances of Excel
Now that I have dual monitors (forming one logical desktop), I'd sure love to be able to open a workbook in a second instance of Excel so that I could display one workbook on the main monitor and the second workbook on the secondary monitor. Any way to make a workbook "detachable" or whatever? Even better, detach a worksheet in a workbook and move it to the secondary monitor? Excel 2000 running on Windows 2000 with all updates. If I "upgrade" to XP and/or Office 2003 will that give me the capability? Many thanks, Fred Holmes Fred, I have two monitors, but don...

File is locked for editting
We have a network running on server 2003, client machines are all Windows XP SP1. I have a user that consistently when opening .xls files that are stored on the server, gets the popup message, <filename> is locked for editting by 'user'. The odd thing is, the 'user' is the user that is opening that file.. and she does not have it open allready. Also, the open and close time of her files are a lot slower than they should be. Any ideas? Version of Excel is 2003 Justin, It may be that your user is experiencing the problem we had at work when we first upgraded to XP ...

VBA in Excel
Halo, im a newbie 2 both VBA and Excel, I was assigned to design a VB script which can post query and retrieve data from an excel sheet, i it possible to do so?..If yes, what is the 1st step should follow?....and im a newbie 2 visual basic as well. Here is an example of my requirements... Lets said I post a query, Select all employee from emp1 where sex female and age > 20, and the VBA will retrieve the data from exce which match the query... I jus know this can b done by a Java program with a linking to acces by ODBC.... pls...tis is urgent, any1 can help?? thankz.....(^_2 -- Messag...