Office 2007 Excel

Every time i open Excel 2007 i get the following; "The file you are trying to
open,'PDFMaker.OLDxla',is in a different format than specified by the file
extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source
before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?" I pressed
CTRL+Shift+I and receive the folowing id 101786 however I could not find
anything relating to the above. As a note you have to press NO two times
before you can get into excel.
Hope I got this in the correct discution group.
0
Jim8980 (510)
2/23/2007 3:28:40 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you're not using the pdfmaker.* addin, how about just closing excel and using
windows|search to find that file and move it to a different location (or delete
it if you really don't want it).

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> If you're not using the pdfmaker.* addin, how about just closing excel and using
> windows|search to find that file and move it to a different location (or delete
> it if you really don't want it).
>
> JIM wrote:
> >
> > Every time i open Excel 2007 i get the following; "The file you are trying to
> > open,'PDFMaker.OLDxla',is in a different format than specified by the file
> > extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source
> > before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?" I pressed
> > CTRL+Shift+I and receive the folowing id 101786 however I could not find
> > anything relating to the above. As a note you have to press NO two times
> > before you can get into excel.
> > Hope I got this in the correct discution group.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Jim8980 (510)
2/23/2007 7:57:41 PM
I'd still look for PDFMaker.OLDxla.

Even if you don't think you have it, excel does.

(Although, I've never seen PDFMaker.OLDxla.  But problems with PDFMaker.xla are
the subject of many posts around here.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

I get the same message when I try to open a file with a custom
extension that has been associated with Excel.  I would like to find a
way to bypass the message but haven't had success yet.  If I figure
anything out, I'll post back.

Tom

On Feb 23, 2:57 pm, JIM <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thank you Dave but i am not aware of a PDFmaker addin being installed on this
> machine. I have adobe 5.0 and reader 8.0 installed however I did not have
> this issue with office 2003
>
> "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> > If you're not using the pdfmaker.* addin, how about just closing excel and using
> > windows|search to find that file and move it to a different location (or delete
> > it if you really don't want it).
>
> > JIM wrote:
>
> > > Every time i open Excel 2007 i get the following; "The file you are trying to
> > > open,'PDFMaker.OLDxla',is in a different format than specified by the file
> > > extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source
> > > before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?" I pressed
> > > CTRL+Shift+I and receive the folowing id 101786 however I could not find
> > > anything relating to the above. As a note you have to press NO two times
> > > before you can get into excel.
> > > Hope I got this in the correct discution group.
>
> > --
>
> > Dave Peterson

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Data-Exchange between Excel and Word-Documents
Hello, I have the following problem. I need something, which generates a Word-Document with information from the Excel- sheet. Do you know some help? Tini How much information from Excel do you need? There are many options. The most simple would be to copy from Excel (Ctrl+C) then paste into Word (Ctrl+V). Or from the Word menu, you could try Insert/File, select All File types, browse for your Excel file, click OK then pick the sheet you want to copy over. Formatting is lost when you do this though. Another option is to drag the Excel file from Windows Explorer into a Word...

Outlook 2007 DST/Time zone issue
I have a network with 4 computers running Office 2007, XP Pro connected to SBS2003. Outlook is connected to the Exchange 2003 component of SBS2003. Computers were deployed using a single, new image inside the last 3 months. New Zealand has had changes to the daylight savings change over dates, and as part of this process the required Microsoft Updates were deployed to the workstations, using WSUS, and applied to the server. Two of the computers have no problem, while two have an issue where calendar entries are 13 hours out. They appear to be defaulting to GMT, instead of NZT (GMT +1200)...

Using Lotus 123 command in excel 2003
I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use lotus 123 command. Why so? Please help me Rao Ratan Singh Why would you? I believe it allows for some things to be done and you can go to tools>options>transition to change a few things -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0267594A-0E71-4A73-89B1-C78B788545C7@microsoft.com... >I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use > lotus 123 command. > > Why so? ...

Out-of-office twin replies

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Transfer / combining Excel data
I have a data worksheet created in excel with a column containing 5 digit serial numbers, up to 300 diferent serial numbers (in individual rows). I have the data sorted in assending order based on serial number column. Serial numbers are random and not consecutive (ie. 05943, 05944, 05945, 05968, 05988 etc..) 1) I need to be able to select all the serials and transfer them to another worksheet in excel, placing them in one cell, table, or ? - for purpose of issuing a certification to our customer listing all the serial shipped- is this possible? 2) If they can be in be transfered, i...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

Excel 97 vs. Excel 2002
What's the difference between Excel 1997 and Excel 2002 (in brief). Is there a way to save a 2002 version file so it won't open in 1997 version program? Specific context: I have a 2002 file that doesn't allow users to access protected cells. This is essential for the file to work as designed. When I open it in a 1997 version almost everything seems to work correctly, except that the users can access protected cells. Which f's everything up completely! I'd rather they weren't able to open it in 1997 version. Also when I save it it in 1997 it sometimes turns off th...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Excel Formula Needed
Our DPW director is looking for a formula that he can enter the date and time that a plow driver started and the date and time that he ended and have it give him the total hours worked Thanks --- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ With start time in A1 and finish time in B1, in C1 put = B1-A1 Format all cells as Time. If you need to multiply this by an hourly rate, you will need to multiply the value in C1 by 24, then by the hourly rate, eg in D1:- =C1*24*Hrly_Rate -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Wi...

Can I get menus in 2007
Is there any way to get a menu bar w/ word 2007? I like 2007 but the choices in the tabs are not sufficient and I have to fight to get the function I need. thanks john Add what you want to the Quick Access Toolbar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "John Coltrane" <tendengarci@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ejbigfJ5KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get a menu bar w/...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Access 2007 security warning...
Hi, Does anyone know how to stop the security warning on a packaged access 2007 database. I create and sign the database but it still seems to appear. Is the only way to purchase a signature off someone like thwate? Adrian If you used the self-signing certificate that comes with Office, that's only accepted on your own computer. The only solution I found was buying a code-signing certificate. If you are part of a Windows domain that includes a Certificate Server, you can probably generate the code-signing certificate there (for free). Then your users would have to trust your ...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

import file so that it is a actual csv file, no excel cell version
How can I import a spreadsheet file from finance.yahoo.com for the history prices of a stock and import it into my charting software. My charting software reads ASCII "DOHLCV" or D,O,H,L,C,V or "Date", "O", "H", "L", "C", "V" . I have tried for a week trying to manipulate the data to be read by my charting software but it will not take it. When downloading data it automatically opens excel 97 spreadsheet and inserts the data. I save it as a CSV file but my charting program will not read it and when I open the fil...

Excel 2003 #27
Hi Folks, I use MS Office 2003 at work and none of our support people can solve this problem. Some people use Excel and floppy disks to store their weekly reports. When a person opens a file on their floppy disk and does their work and then saves it on the floppy all is fine. However the next time someone opens Excel, before Excel can open the program it tries to open the floppy disk for 15 or 20 second before the Excel will load. Sometimes it will not load and hangs up. The same terminal is used by many different people. I have set all the options I can find, such as, zero most recent docu...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

Getting Excel Sheet Name (ODBC)
Hi to all I am using ODBC to get information from an excel file, when I know Sheet names, I can Query the file : Select * From [$sheetName] how can I get sheet names? if I use CTables its not working? any idea thank you ...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...