Object library not registered

When I open a document in Excel (2002 on Windows XP) I get:

Microsoft visual basic
Object library not registered

What does this mean, and how can I fix it?

Thanks
Carol

0
sitea (2)
12/4/2003 2:26:57 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Win2k8 server registered with vpn address in DNS
Hi I have a Win2K server which also acts as our vpn server for the office. At the moment I've noticed that the servers name is registered in the domain DNS records with its vpn server IP address and not with its normal LAN IP address. Is there a way to prevent his happening so all LAN traffic uses the correct IP address for the server? Thanks Roger. ...

Objects duplicated
If a workbook consists of Objects: Sheet1, Sheet2, This Workbook.... What would cause Excel to duplicate these objects in the same workbook. Somehow, I now have to sets of objects in the same workbook that are exactly the same. ...

cannot shift objects off sheet, but also cannot find objects
Trying to hide columns gives error "cannot shift objects off sheet." Try as I might, I cannot find any objects in or near the offending columns; indeed, there are no objects on the entire sheet. I went to Tools>Options>View>Objects and selected "Show All," but still nothing appears. An easier way to see if there are any objects on a sheet is through F5-Special. Cell comments are objects too. Do you have any of them? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "danielo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cff01c47b0d$f5a72620$a601280...

How to record which objects a user clicks on
Hi, New to the forums here. I would like to know how to track which objects a user clicks during a powerpoint presentation. I realize this will probably require a macro and that is where I need help. I'm fairly tech savvy, but I don't know how to program in VB. Whenever there is a mouseclick on an object in the slideshow, I would like two things to happen: 1) Advance to a particular slide (which I see can be set easily in the program) 2) Write data, to a separate file (it can be a text file), that reports which object was clicked. This would happen in the background so t...

How do I group objects and Word Art in Publisher?
I am creating a button and have our company logo along with a slogan that I put in Word Art. I would like to group these two items together so it will be easier to move around as one object. I have tried using the "select object" tool and it will not let me group them. It just moves my objects around and not as a group. I don't quite understand. Do you have a border around your page? If so send it to the back and try selecting your logo and WordArt again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Fal...

Problem With Opening Embedded Object After Turning On "Track Chang
In order to use the routing function, I'm using company forms created in excel. On another tab, I've embedded "as icon objects" any supporting material created in Word. This works great, as recipients can double-click these icon objects and launch the documents in Word to view them. The problem occurs when I decided to add "Track Changes" to the files I am routing. When this is done, the icon objects still appear but can no longer be double-clicked. The online documentation in excel indicateds that you can't insert any embedded objects after "T...

Turn off object theme colors
I have a presentation with a number of objects (mainly simple shapes like circles and squares) that have powerpoint theme colors. I now want to copy and paste them into another Powerpoint that has a different theme. I of course don't want the colors to change. Other than going into each object and changing the color into a customized color, is there any way I can get these objects in using their original color - not tied to the theme? Hi When you paste the objects into the other presentation you'll get a little clipboard in the bottom right hand corner - click on ...

Insert Object File path when attaching OLE Objects
When attaching a note and click on the paper clip, I go to Edit Insert New Object to attach a word document or an excel file. When I select 'Insert New Object' the Insert Object screen opens and I select the Create from File option. The path showing there is the path where GP is installed, in my case - c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\. Is there a way I can change this default path? Maria, I am afraid this path defaults from the location of your DEX.INI file, which in the case of GP 9, can be found typically under the GP root folder, in the case of GP 10, under the GP...

WTL objects dependent on what runtime objects?
If I make and distribute a WTL program, what DLL's (if any) must also be present? I mean, if I make an MFC application, I assume that my installation program is also going to need to make sure that MFC42.dll and maybe a couple of other DLL's is on the target machine and up to date. What is a WTL program dependent upon? *********** Richard Lewis Haggard "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> wrote in message news:OBcsU13uDHA.640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > If I make and distribute a WTL program, what DLL's (if any) must also be > present? I mean...

Embed a modeless cdialog derived object into a cformview derived object
I am creating an mfc application and would like to know if this is possible at all (not very experienced with MFC). I have an SDI application with a CFormView derived object. Inside this form I want to embed a CDialog derived modeless dialog which contains controls that I want to reuse throughout the application (a few edit boxes, a couple of buttons). I'm at the point where the CFormView gets displayed, and at this moment I want to embed in it my dialog object. First of all: am I going about this the right way in trying to reuse a dialog? I tried the following code: CSelectOriginType i...

Sheet Protection / Edit Objects 12-05-09
I have a spreadsheet with multiple objects that I'm trying to lock. My problem is I also have cells that I need to have comment insertion capabilites. When going to Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet and allow Edit Objects is checked I can insert a comment. However, it also allows the other objects on the sheet to be accessed. Is there a way to allow the Edit Objects option in a specified range of cells and still protect the sheet? Perplexed.... Keyrookie -- Keyrookie You would have to have that range without the checkbox for locked checked: FORMAT CELLS>PR...

Static CMap object #2
Hi all, Excuse but the other message is wrong I've declared in my .h file the following CMap type : typedef CMap<CString, CString&, MyClass*, MyClass*&> Map; ... ... class AnotherClass { ... public: static Map BuilderMap; ... ... static void Register(CString name, MyClass* instance); }; In one of my CPP file call the Register method as following: AnotherClass::Register(_T("TEST"), this); The code of Register method is : void AnotherClass::Register(CString name, MyClass* instance) { AnotherClass::BuilderMap.SetAt(name, instance); } When linking my project there t...

All CRM objects have been updated in one weekend. Not sure how.
I noticed that every Lead, Opp, Account and Contact has a Modified On date of this past Saturday or more recently. The records with Saturday's modified date don't show any particular changes, just the Modified On date and the Modified By user. It's more than a trivial issue. There are business reasons for knowing when things are being updated. Some of these Modified By values are disabled, former users. They were the original creators of the objects. CRM is running on its own server. This SQL Server is also running Veritas Backup Exec. did these users create any work...

Chart Object and Worksheet Object
What are the difference? I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... It always comes out as a worksheet object whether I get a chart of the data. Whereas, Edit>Paste special method clearly differenciate a chart object from a worksheet object. I know I could convert to either way but any difference? In article <CE92D095-8E17-4AD4-85B9-317AC15A13BF@microsoft.com>, Win wrote: > What are the difference? > > I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... As I suggested earlier...

disconnected chart objects
Consider the following: A B 1 15 15 2 25 15 3 25 35 4 15 35 5 15 15 6 7 45 45 8 75 45 9 75 105 10 45 105 11 45 45 In Excel with row 6 present & blank you get two disconnected boxes using XY-scatter format with lines and points. If you remove the empty row 6 you get the boxes plus a line connecting points 15,15 and 45,45. In Open Office Calc (OOC), you get the boxes connected in either case unless you move one of the y sets to column B (creating two series.) Although this is an Excel group, since I haven't been able to get any re...

Microsoft visual C++ library runtime
I always get that library runtime popping up saying that the application has requested the rumtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Program C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE can anyone help me get rid of this problem.. On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:48:20 -0700, "Mikk" <wonderwomen@scicable.com> wrote: >I always get that library runtime popping up saying that >the application has requested the rumtime to terminate it >in an unusual way. Program C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE can >anyone help me get rid of this problem.. Sounds to me like MSBlaster virus.............. easily g...

Remove overdue tapes / Remove tapes from library
Hi, How can I delete overdue tape or remove tapes from the library/pretection group? We've used tapes in the testfase without barcode labels. These tapes do have a a barcode label now, but dpm expects tapes without a barcode label. These aren't available anymore. Can I remove these, so they won't be listed as overdue in the tape management report? No-one?...

XmlSerializer and inherited objects
Hi I have a hirachy of classes which are Message(base), then FileMessage and ChatMessage (extended) I want to serialize the objects and when i am deserizaling i dont know if i am getting FileMessage or ChatMessage. So how to get that object and use it I have written following code for serialization public void Send(Message message) { NetworkStream netWorkStream=null; try { XmlSerializer serializer=new XmlSerializer(message.GetType()); netWorkStream=new NetworkStream(_clientSocket); Stream stream=(Stream)netWorkStream; serializer.Serialize(stream,message); } finally { netWorkStrea...

Transfertext Error
Thank you inadvance, Following code gives me an error "Database or object is read only". Your insights are appreciated. Dim MyDate MyDate = Replace(Date, "/", "-") OutPutFile = "\\....\Report " & MyDate & ".xls" DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "MySpecification", "MyFile", OutPutFile, True You're trying to use the TransferText method, but you've got a file extension of .xls, which is Excel. Either use the TransferSpreadsheet method, or change the file extension to one that's appropriate for tex...

My object cannot be sent behind the text
Hi I'm trying to send an object behind the text, the Draw/Order/Send to Back option is available but when I select it tye object is still in front of the text. Any suggestions? ...

WMI Object
This script works on V1, but I am running it from V2. I am trying to automate SCCM collection population using queries (as opposed to direct memebership). A successful running of the script will take a CSV file, pull out PC names, put those into a WQL query format, and then push the query into SCCM through the WMI interface. The class\instance I am trying to connect to is \\<SCCMServer>\root\SMS\Site_<sitecode>:CollectionID="<CollectionID>" When I enumerate this object in wbemtest on the server, I get 2389 objects returned, but when I connect throug...

Lock an object to a slide
Can anyone tell me how to lock an object to a slide in PowerPoint? For example, if I'm inserting multiple objects, once I have the first one in the place I want it, can I tell PowerPoint not to let it move from that place? Thanks!! :) I'm turning on the ESP and guessing here because you're not telling us much! Maybe, just mayb,e Tools > Auto Correct options > Autoformat as You Type > UNTICK auto layout for inserted objects?? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutoria...

how to stop audit on object access
My domain GPO does not have any audit policies. Also i have turned off all local auditing. Why I am still seeing these events On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 13:42:09 -0700, "tony" <none@none.com> wrote: >My domain GPO does not have any audit policies. Also i have turned off all >local auditing. Why I am still seeing these events > > Which events are you referring to? Its the 562, 565, 560 Handle Closed object access events "Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message news:jp85f1td7tul4v2raslahhpp03egafijro@4ax...

Object reference is not set to an instance of an object #2
After creating a custom entity, everything worked well. I think things went wrong after I added a N:1 relationship with Account and added the lookup field to my form view. The form seems to work but when pushing the save-button I get the following error message: "Object reference was not set to an instance of an object". If someone had any idea how I can fix this, please let me know! thx -- Erik De Cordt Assusoft nv Hi Erik, I remember having received this error in the past when I had tried to create a relationship without publishing the custom entity first. Publish the cus...

Error message on saving a file with math objects in Word 2007
When I write a document with several mathematical objects in Word 2007 I can easily save the document. But after a while, as the document becomes larger and more complex (with dotted lists and other paragraphs), the program won't save the document anymore. The error message says: "A file error has occurred [file path]". Can somebody please tell me what happens, or just tell me what to do? ...