Number to Text Value

Hey,

I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1 (YES)
from a tickbox in Access.

Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word in excel in another
column.

0 = NO or FALSE
1 = YES OR TRUE

Thanks in Advance.

0
KYMO (2)
8/8/2005 3:13:05 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"=?Utf-8?B?S1lNTw==?=" <KYMO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Hey,
>
> I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1
> (YES) from a tickbox in Access.
>
> Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word in excel in
> another column.
>
> 0 = NO or FALSE
> 1 = YES OR TRUE
>
> Thanks in Advance.

It seems too simple a solution, so probably I did not really get your
problem. ;-)))

=if(somecell=0,"NO","YES")

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

Thks for your help.

Never come across that, coundn't even find it on the web.

Thks again.

"Dodo" wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?S1lNTw==?=" <KYMO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1
> > (YES) from a tickbox in Access.
> >
> > Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word in excel in
> > another column.
> >
> > 0 = NO or FALSE
> > 1 = YES OR TRUE
> >
> > Thanks in Advance.
> >

> It seems too simple a solution, so probably I did not really get your
> problem. ;-)))
>
> =if(somecell=0,"NO","YES")
>

> --
>
> It is I, DeauDeau
> (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

0
KYMO (2)
8/8/2005 5:28:01 PM
Another simple way:

=A1=1

--
HTH,

RD

"KYMO" <KYMO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dodo,
>
> Thks for your help.
>
> Never come across that, coundn't even find it on the web.
>
> Thks again.
>
> "Dodo" wrote:
>
> > "=?Utf-8?B?S1lNTw==?=" <KYMO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1
> > > (YES) from a tickbox in Access.
> > >
> > > Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word in excel in
> > > another column.
> > >
> > > 0 = NO or FALSE
> > > 1 = YES OR TRUE
> > >
> > > Thanks in Advance.
> > >

> > It seems too simple a solution, so probably I did not really get your
> > problem. ;-)))
> >
> > =if(somecell=0,"NO","YES")
> >

> > --
> >
> > It is I, DeauDeau
> > (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/8/2005 5:52:25 PM
Another option if all those values are in a single column:

Select the column
edit|replace
what: 0
with: No
replace all

and same kind of thing with 1 to Yes.

--

Dave Peterson
0
KYMO wrote:
> Dodo,
>
> Thks for your help.
>
> Never come across that, coundn't even find it on the web.
>
> Thks again.
>
> "Dodo" wrote:
>

>>>Hey,
>>>
>>>I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1
>>>(YES) from a tickbox in Access.
>>>
>>>Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word in excel in
>>>another column.
>>>
>>>0 = NO or FALSE
>>>1 = YES OR TRUE
>>>
>>>Thanks in Advance.

You could leave the cell only, but apply a custom format of "Yes";"Yes";"No"

kcc

rcv msg, parse, execute program with parsed text?
I would like to create a rule (using Outlook 2003 SP1) where, if I receive a message from a specific user, with a specific subject line, I would then parse the text of the message (or just insert the entire text of the message, if need be) and execute a program with that parsed text as command line parameter to the executed program. I'm familiar enough with creating rules that I can handle creating the rule from the specific user and with a specific subject line. I imagine the rest of it must be done by creating some kind of VB script that does the rest of the work, and the rule w...

Calculating number of days from input.
How do you calculate the number of days from the original date the the record was recorded. for example You have a text box the has three options 90 day, 180 days, and 360 days. And a date and time box to true to show the expiration date. How do I get the database to show the to calculate the expiration date depending on the number of days that was selected. Am 04.06.2010 21:17, schrieb Dave: > How do you calculate the number of days from the original date the the record > was recorded. > > for example > > You have a text box the has three options 90 d...

Calendar Spreadsheet: Column 1 = Date, Column 2 Time of Day, Column 3 memo text field
I am an excel novice. Looking for a template or instructions on how to create a Calendar Spread Sheet with a single line for each day. I.E. Left Hand Column Would be a date Column Friday June 1st, 2007 Saturday June 2nd, 2007 or to make it more simple Friday 06/01/07 Saturday 06/02/07 .... and so on (want to start with 2006) 2nd Column should be time of day Want to be able to manually insert a duplicate a line, e.g. more than one event on a given day. Like to know how to create additional columns that are true false and/or time of day fields. Also want a final column that is a variable...

How to change links to regular text
Hello, I have a Workbook with a lot of data in the worksheets, all the data in each cell is a link I want to change it to regular text. I don't know much about excel so please no advanced solutions please. Thanks You can fix the values by highlighting the cells with formulae in and click <copy> then Edit | Paste Special | Values (check) | OK | then <Esc>. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 26, 6:01 am, "Just Me" <nob...@isp.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have a Workbook with a lot of data in the worksheets, all the data in > each cell is a link ...

Resetting values in a dialogue box
Hi, I need to do screen shots of the Cross-Reference dialogue box for a demonstration. I need the listbox under "Reference type" to only contain items (figures, headings, captions) that have been added for the document I am working on. My problem is that under the reference type, the options include all the captions that I have used throughout all other documents I worked with with since the Word 2007 application was launched. Is there some way to erase Word's cache of reference types without rebooting the computer? I will be doing a presentation and will not be able to ...

Save External Link Values
What exactly is Save External Link Values, and is it necessary for linked files? I keep getting a message that says 'Not enough memory'....'unable to save external link values'. Before I turned it off, I'd like to know what I'm doing to the workbook. The help files don't seem to have anything on it, or it's listed in some obscure way. There's no harm in turning it off. I have it off in all my large data sheets, not for the memory problem, but to reduce the time it takes to open the large sheets on some of the "old" machines around the office. ...

Row and column, value = 1 inch
To print square unit in Excel, with row's height and column's width with the same value, of 1 inche, or 1/2 inche, how could I find the precise value for that? With regards Solve it using: Trail and error - too much depends on your printer. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Pierre-Yves Ste-Marie" <stemariepy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:TjDCd.7194$7n1.536902@news20.bellglobal.com... > To print square unit in Excel, with row's height and column's width with > the same value, of 1 inche, or 1/2 inche, how could I find the precise > value for th...

find the highest letter/number combination
I wish to have Excel 2000 look along a row of letters and return the highest letter/number (latest in the alphabet) to a cell. the range is like: A-B-C1-D3 i can find the highest letter, but i can not find the highest number. i want excell to find the combination D3, does anyone know how to solve this problem? Will you have only a single letter in each cell? Is each letter upper or lower case? If the answer is yes to both questions, create a formula next to each element of the row as follows: assuming your row begins in D1 and ends at L1, in D2 enter "=Code(D1)+right(D1, len(D1)-1)&quo...

I have a problem with getting a total Sum of numbers (URGENT)
I'd really appreciate if someone could help me here. I am using Microsoft Excel 2002 on a Microsoft Office XP system. I a trying to develop a minor league baseball schedule, but am having som problems. I have attached a copy of my spreadsheet to give everyone some idea o what I'm doing here. I have where the fans list the "RUNS, HITS & ERRORS) of both teams an for each game of the series. I then have it set up in the TOTA WON/LOST column where if the T-Bones RUNS are more than the SALTDOG runs, a "1" appears in the WON column. If the SALTDOGS have a highe numbe...

Query for random values multiple records
I have a table of names (lots of names! Too many to write individual queries for...). I want three random non-repeating numbers between 1 and 7 for each of these names. Output example: Name1 3 Name1 2 Name1 5 Name2 1 Name2 5 Name2 4 From reading on the boards I was able to come up with a way to generate output such as this: Name1 3 Name1 2 Name1 5 Name2 3 Name2 2 Name2 5 However, that will not work for what I want the random numbers for. I need a different set of each random non-repeated number set for each name. Thanks! On Mon, 16 Apr 200...

Personalized IV Document Number
Im creating a personalized IV Document Number, that work fine if the user is using tab key. But if the user click in other field, IV Document Number dont work. Which event i use? POST, Change, Pre... Regards Cesar, Could you post the code you currently use and tell me which event it is attached to, and which field? Leslie "Cesar" wrote: > Im creating a personalized IV Document Number, that work fine if the user > is using tab key. But if the user click in other field, IV Document Number > dont work. > Which event i use? POST, Change, Pre... > >...

Excel Adding duplicated numbers together
I am importing a .txt file from a portable data collector to Excel. I can't figure out how to get the program to recognize duplicated numbers in order to add them together. The .txt file reads like this: 33110003,2 The ',2' is the count from the .txt file but does not add other numbers together that are the same. So when I read the file on excel it looks like this: 33110003,2 33110003,4 I want it to be this way: 33110003,6 Please help, thank you! When you import the data, put each of those fields into its own column (comma delimited???). Then you could sort by column A an...

Outlook sends mails in "Rich-Text" since SP2
Hi, I have problems with SP2! Since I have installed SP2, Outlook always sends mails in "Rich-Text" though in Outlook's options Tools --> Options --> Mail-Format is configured that new messages will be send in "Plain-Text". I figured out this behavior when I sent an email with an attachment to users who are using outlook express. All receipients told me that they have not received an attachment. Receipients of this mail which are using Outlook received the attachment. Below you can see a part of the header: This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---...

And introducing... The Default Text Box Add-in!!
Default Text Box for Publisher 2002/2003 allows you to save defaults for text boxes in Publisher 2002 (which before now has been impossible) and to save these defaults for use in future publications (which isn't even possible with Publisher 2003!) Download it now from http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm Go on, give it a go - it's free! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm I don't want add-ons for 2002 - I want 2003! "Ed Bennett" <...

Sort Treats Empty Cells As Largest Value??
I have several projects that sort data from greatest to least (descending). That is, nothing is considered greater than a million. Of about 4000 rows between a third and a half are blank (no count). I need the maximum values/count at the top of the list, but Excel puts these empty cells at the top of the list. As a result I have to do a lot of moving of large groups of data around to put the empty/blank cells at the bottom of these lists -- a real time consuming pain. Is there a way to have Excel treat empty/blank cells as having lower values than cells with values? I assume I could f...

text to columns problem #2
I have an invoice that uses "text to columns" to help it update. I use macro to paste data from a network application to the invoice. When close down Excel, even though I have it saved, it no longer separate the test when pasted. Anyone know why? Thanks, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com A guess in the absence of other replies :- Normally with a text file we have to SaveAs a .xls workbook otherwise the file remains a text file. I wonder if this is affecting your data. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Stripping Down Text
I am using excel 2000 I have a massive list of names and I want to extract the surname which is the last item in the text string. The "Search" function will operate from the left of the string but I cannot find any function to operate from the right. Using text to columns can take up to ten columns. Examples "Mr S. Bishop" , "Mr & Mrs S. Bishop" , "Mr S. Bishop & Mrs S. Bishop" etc. Thank you in advance for your help Hi for getting the last word use one of nthe following formulas: =MID(A1,FIND("^^",SUBSTITUTE(" "&A1...

Drop down text box when cell is selected
Hi, I've got a spreadsheet that I need to modify. There are some cells that have drop down 'text' boxes associated with them that are activated only when the cell is selected. There is no indication on the cell that there is a 'comment' attached - they're not inserted comments. I've looked in the code for anything relating to 'activation' but there's nothing there at all. Any one got any ideas on how this type of user help box is generated? Regards Roger Look at Data>Validation Thre must be a list attached HTH -- AP "Roger" <roger.b...

How to redisplay the text field based on a stored ID field
I stored the ID of a lookup table for Salutation as a foreign key in my People table. I did the same thing with a suffix lookup table. I am trying to produce a concatenated Salutation Firstname MidName Lastname Suffix based on my people table, however, it will only show the stored ID Number. Could someone show me the proper way to query this. I have setup relationships from the Suffix and Salutation tables to the foreign keys in the People table, and I was able to get the salutation to display as text...when I look at the sql view, it seems to me that my problem is that the...

can not accses my email i get Error Number: 0x800CCC32
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32 abe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. > Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs > /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server > Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): ...

Calculate next 5 numbers from table field
I have a small problem. I created a small append query that works very well if there is only one row. But it has a problem if there is more then one row. To explain... I have a field in the query that gets the MAX value from a table field (the same table it appends to) and adds 1 to it. So if the MAX value is 10 then it calculates 11. But if there are 5 rows it calculates value 11 for every row so I get 5 duplicate values. Is there anything I can do to fix this ? (except AutoNumber) You will need to append the records one at a time, e.g. 5 append queries, or OpenRecordset and AddNew ...

incorrect autobudget numbers
I have the budget set up and working well, but it seems to double the allotted amount for some budget items, yet when I try to edit that, it shows the correct number. It's throwing everything off, what should I do? Thanks! ...

Linking or Vlookup actual values
I have a workbook with 3 worksheets: Actual Weekly Units Ordered, Projected Weekly Units Ordered and Analysis. My column headings are set up by dates for all 3 worksheets, 1/2/2006 thru 12/25/2006. In the analysis worksheet, I need to pull in the Projected Weekly Units Ordered, however as the current dated week comes up and the Actual Weekly Units Ordered is entered, I need to have the Analysis Worksheet pull in the Actual Weekly Units Ordered for the then current week in lieu of the Projected Weekly Units Ordered for that week. I hope I made myself clear. Any help would be apprecia...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

automatic text highlighting
Hi folks, I use a spreadsheet that automatically changes the font color of the row to red if the text in a particular cell = fail. My problem is it's not working consistently (because of my editing the spreadsheet I expect) and I CANNOT find out how it's done. There's no macro and no hidden cells that I can find that perform this text coloring task. Has anyone an ideas of how it's been done? Thanks Glenn Glenn, Mark the area where you want this applied, and then go Format > Conditional Formatting. The rest is self-explanatory. HTH, Nikos "Glennh" <g...