Number of rows in Excel 2007

Hi everyone, I was under the impression that Excel 2007 was going to have
more than 1 million rows and 16,000 columns. I opened the program last week
at work and saw only the regular 65,536 just like previous versions.

Am I dreaming, did I invent in my own mind?

Your comments will be appreciated.

Gilles

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If your workbook is an xls workbook, then only 65,536 rows show.  Save as an
xlsx and it will have the million rows.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"Gilles Desjardins" <gilles.desjardins3@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi everyone, I was under the impression that Excel 2007 was going to have
> more than 1 million rows and 16,000 columns. I opened the program last
> week at work and saw only the regular 65,536 just like previous versions.
>
> Am I dreaming, did I invent in my own mind?
>
> Your comments will be appreciated.
>
> Gilles

Thanks Bob, I will check it out next week.

Gilles
"Bob Flanagan" <noreply@noreply.net> wrote in message
> If your workbook is an xls workbook, then only 65,536 rows show.  Save as
> an xlsx and it will have the million rows.
>
> Bob Flanagan
> Macro Systems
> http://www.add-ins.com
> Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel
>
> "Gilles Desjardins" <gilles.desjardins3@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Hi everyone, I was under the impression that Excel 2007 was going to have
>> more than 1 million rows and 16,000 columns. I opened the program last
>> week at work and saw only the regular 65,536 just like previous versions.
>>
>> Am I dreaming, did I invent in my own mind?
>>
>> Your comments will be appreciated.
>>
>> Gilles

Money 2007 Deluxe trial version in Canada.
I have been using the trial edition for a while now, but my trial expires on November 27. The Canadian Microsoft site still doesn't offer Money 2007. When I try to purchase from the American site it will not allow me to enter a Canadian address. How can I purchase this product? I have added a huge amount of info to my file, and because I need it to track my investment portfolio, I don't want to be without the paid for version. I asked here once before and was told that Canadian and American versions were merged for 2007. The trial version seems to work well here. Why isn&...

Access -> Excel: How to export fields > 255 characters
Dear newsgroup I have seen that there are a couple of similar threads in other newsgroups and there are also some documents in the ms knowledgebase. Anyhow I would like to know whether it is possible or not to export data from access fields > than 255 characters. My problem is that I have a database containing some product information. Now I have to deliver some of the data to an external marketing platform and they are using excel sheets as standardized data exchange format. I need to put a longer description into one cell in this excel sheet but I only can store 255 characters. B...

Numbering
Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:07:02 -0700, carosaam <carosaam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? Yes. Do you mean for the process names or function names? Yes. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ Electrical for Visio http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Adding a row to a protected table
Graham Mayor provides a macro that is extremely helpful to me in a project I am working on entitled: "An alternative method of adding a row to a protected table " (http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm). What I am having trouble with is identifying the number of the table. I have a lengthy document and over time some tables have been added or deleted, and I am suspecting that I my table numbers are 'out-there.' I have a commandbutton running the above macro and if I tested the macro to add rows to tables 1-4 and it works fine. However, I cannot seem t...

negative number to positive number
How can I change a negative number to positive number Multiply by -1 or use the ABS() function. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I change a negative number to positive number =ABS(##) or mult it by -1 -- Regards Rob "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I chan...

Excel used for exam questions?
Are there any examples of Excel (or maybe Access) used for general exam (or revision) questions? Pointers, anyone? For a simple example, randomly select two numbers from two lists provided, and ask the candidate to multiply/divide/whatever operation, and insert answer; evaluate the given answer. I've Googled, but only come up with exams ON Excel, not exams USING Excel. Simple examples would be appreciated. Thanks Pedro ...

How do I expand the number of characters in Access comment box?
I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 characters in a "Comment" box. Hi, You could try changing your table's field type to Memo. Assuming that your are talking about a field in a table, that maybe shows on a form. If that is not the case, please describe precisely what comment box your are attempting to use. Clifford Bass Pearlene wrote: >I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 >characters in a "Comment" box. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

envelope printing from excel
Can I print an envelope when using the Microsoft invoice (Excel) template? ...

Need a formula for multiple sums in a cloumn when rows vary
I am making a invoice I need a total for each truck, with a grand total at the end. The number of rows for each truck in the amount column will vary. Is it possible to have the text truck total to the left of the total? A small example below, there will be more entries under each truck and more trucks also. tr# date hrs rate amount 3 4/12/10 10 50 500 4/13/10 5 50 250 truck 3 total 750 4 4/10/10 1 50 50 truck 4 total 50 and so on ...

1-52 pages, 8,000 employee numbers
Dear Excel, I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees. The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages for each employee. Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it (0001 to 8000). Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the week number from 01 to 52. Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000 pages. Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us! How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel? Thanks On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13 <gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wr...

use excel to create PP slides?
I'm not sure if this is possible but I have a list of information in an excel table and I'd like to auto matically generate a slide for each row of data. for instance, I have a list of products and each product is on it's own row with 6 product features in the following columns. How can I take that info from excel and create a features slide for each product using the information from the following columns. I don't mind cutting and pasting the list - it doesn't have to be fully automatic but as I have over 1000 products I desperately don't want to reype ...

Hide page numbers for mutliple discontiquous levels
Hi: I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the \n switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple ranges for this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003. Phil You have to use a trick. See the "Omitting page numbers for noncontiguous levels" section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm#OmitPageNumbers -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Phillip Llacuna" <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote in me...

Sequential numbering in Number field
When I am entering transactions manually, I will put "Debit" or "VISA" to indicate how the withdrawl was made. When I download my account information, Money05 overwrites this with a sequential number. I have to go into the entry a second time to redo my change. Does anyone know how to turn this "feature" off? I want my values used - sequential numbering does not help me in the slightest. This is not a "feature" you can turn off. It's a reflection of the basic premise of downloaded transaction data. The presumption with downloading data...

Stacking data from diffferent excel worksheets within the same excel file,
Deal all, I'd like to automatically stack data which is in an identical format (ie same number of colums but different column lengths) within the same excel file but contained in different worksheets. Ideally I'd like to have the worksheet name (i.e.off the tab) added to the stacked data. The worksheet tab names are product based and non-sequential I am using excel 2003 Any help would be gratefully received Thanks Ed One way: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim RptWks As Worksheet Dim RngToCopy As Range Dim DestCell As Range With Activ...

Number of Cells in a column
Hi, I want to add this formula in my ESS. COUNTIF(sheet1!S2:S43,"*Yes*") to find out the number of value containing "YES". My concern is I don't have fixed count from S2 to S43. It could be something else. What can I do to have this code reusable? I thought something like COUNTIF(Sheet!S2:Count($S2),"*Yes*") \But it doesnt work Thanks for your help Jack Try this if there is nothing else in that column:- =COUNTIF(sheet1!S:S,"*Yes*") -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - ...

Excel Formula #14
I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets - "Data Entry" and "Summary Data". I need a formula for the following: If any cell in "Data Entry", column "I" has a number that is equal to the number in "Summary Data", column "A", I want the date in "Data Entry" column "J" that corresponds to the number in column "I" to populate "Summary Data" column "B" next to the same number in "Summary Data" column "A". Example: (Data Entry worksheet) (Column I) (Colu...

General Number Format Changed
Excel 2003 on XP I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays as 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box. ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you get "1". Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard? Many thanks DeanH Sorry that should have been: ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in "1." (as in 1.0) you get "1". "DeanH" wrote: > Excel 2003 on XP > I have a collegue who's Excel setting for G...

Excel 2008 hyperlinks won=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=92?=t save on .xlsx format, but will save in xls format.

How to define cells so that only numbers can be filled?
Hi, How could I format cells in excel so that only numbers can be filled The input should be integer e.g. between 0...99 and cells shoud no accept any other marks, such as space, letters... simply nothing els but integers. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Juha! Try: Data > Validation You'll find it pretty intuitive and very flexible as to what you can do as far a restricting input to a cell. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available fre...

Copy rows of data to another worksheet where ReturnDate is blank
I'm sure this is do-able within Excel but what formula I should use to accomplish it escapes me. Basically, I'm working with a spreadsheet which lists books checked out from our Resource Center. When the books are returned, the Return Date is entered in column D. I want to run a report showing everyone who has outstanding books without having to go through the spreadsheet, row-by-row, to copy the data to the worksheet "Outstanding." Thanks for your help! Try AutoFilter - Select Row 1, go to Data, Filter, AutoFilter. An arrow will appear at each cell in that row....

Limit number of characters in a cell
Hi, Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a cell. I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't want them to be more than 35 characters. Thanks for the help Dr. Senji Take a look at Data|Validation. You can have excel yell at the user when they hit enter after typing in a too-long string. Dr Senji wrote: > > Hi, > > Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a > cell. > > I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't > want the...

transaction number in PC Charge
Is there any way to manage the fields that should go to PC Charge while tendering credit cards in RMS. The problem is that transaction number ( called Ticket in PC Charge) doesn't appear in PC Charge and that cost as extra money. Regards, Ewa ...

restricted access in Excel 2000?
How do you create content in Excel 2000 with restricted access? ...

Numbering, revisited
While there are already a lot of posts about numbering, I haven't been able to find the solutions for my specific quandry... [BTW, I'm posting this under "General" even though ultimately I'd like to make macros to support the answer -- since a manual solution needs to be the first step! :) ] Background: My workgroup is preparing to migrate to Word 2007 very soon. We create/maintain hundreds of large procedure manuals, each containing multiple chapters (sometimes up to 40-50 per manual). Each chapter consists of steps, using multi-level numbered lists...

horrible problem with division in Excel
Hi, I've recently purchased Office2003 and there is a horrible problem in Excel that none of friends can help me solve. I cannot make it divide two cells. The formula =A1/A2 is not working and returns an #ARG! Other calculations are fine. It is just dividing that causes the problem. I also switched off the option for "/" as Excel menu button but it is no good. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for possible solutions. Many thanks to all. Marek I'm not familiar with the #ARG! error - perhaps it's a Polish localization. By any chance do you have R1C1 referen...