Number of rows and columns

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet that has only 85 rows and columns to AH. After
that the spreadsheet is gray. I checked, but there are no hidden rows
and the VBA code does not have anything apparent to hide or limit the
rows/columns. Could somebody explain how that is done?

Thanks in advance.
BR,
A. Crawford

0
antcraw (14)
10/19/2006 1:16:48 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You are in page break preview, click on the view drop down and select
normal to see the whole speardsheet

Sandy

AC wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a spreadsheet that has only 85 rows and columns to AH. After
> that the spreadsheet is gray. I checked, but there are no hidden rows
> and the VBA code does not have anything apparent to hide or limit the
> rows/columns. Could somebody explain how that is done?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> BR,
> A. Crawford

Sandy,
I forgot to mention in my post that I am in normal view. I have also
cleared all print areas.

Any other suggestions?

TIA.
BR,
Antje Crawford

0
antcraw (14)
10/19/2006 1:55:42 PM
Do me a favor place the below in a macro and run it and let me know
what number comes back in the message box...

Sub Page_View_Test()
   MsgBox ActiveWindow.View
End Sub

make sure your problem window is active (not in the backround)
-press ctrl +F11 (opens the visual basic editor)
-click on Insert ===> Module
-Paste the code
-close the editor

-In excel click on Tools ==> Macro ==> Macros...
-Click on Page_View_Test and click run

Sandy

AC wrote:
> Sandy,
> I forgot to mention in my post that I am in normal view. I have also
> cleared all print areas.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> TIA.
> BR,
> Antje Crawford

Sandy,
msgox returns 1.

Thanks.
Antje

0
antcraw (14)
10/19/2006 2:42:29 PM
Sandy,
msgbox returns 1. What does that mean?

Thanks.
Antje

0
antcraw (14)
10/19/2006 2:43:04 PM
It means that you are in normal view, if it was a 2 it would have meant
that you were in page break preview view
A couple of questions

1) In the workbook are all the worksheets like this or only this one
sheet
2) are there blue lines bordering the worksheet
3) does this happen in a new workbook

Sandy

AC wrote:
> Sandy,
> msgbox returns 1. What does that mean?
>
> Thanks.
> Antje

Also check to see if there are any custom views set up in the worksheet
under the view drop down

AC wrote:
> Sandy,
> msgbox returns 1. What does that mean?
>
> Thanks.
> Antje

Sandy,
1. All worksheets in this particular file are that way.
2. There are no blue lines bordering the worksheet.
3. When I open/create a new workbook this does not occur, meaning I
have my 65536 rows and 255 columns.

No, there are no custom views set up.

Also, the gray area does not even have column & row headings.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
BR,
Antje

0
antcraw (14)
10/19/2006 3:08:50 PM
ok found the problem you do have hidden rows and columns the easiest
way to unhide them is run this code in the same module that you ran the
last one

Sub unhiderowscolumns()
ActiveSheet.Columns.Hidden = False
ActiveSheet.Rows.Hidden = False
End Sub

Sandy

AC wrote:
> Sandy,
> 1. All worksheets in this particular file are that way.
> 2. There are no blue lines bordering the worksheet.
> 3. When I open/create a new workbook this does not occur, meaning I
> have my 65536 rows and 255 columns.
>
> No, there are no custom views set up.
>
> Also, the gray area does not even have column & row headings.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> BR,
> Antje

Sandy,
Thank you very much. That did the trick. Can you tell, just by what
little information we have exchanged, how the rows/columns were hidden,
e.g. by code or manually?

Thanks again.
Antje

0
antcraw (14)
10/19/2006 4:03:34 PM
Can be done either way.

To try it manually, take a new sheet and select say *all* of Column D by
clicking in the header.

Then:
<Ctrl> <Shift> <Right Arrow>
Right click in the selection and choose "Hide".

--

HTH,

RD

"AC" <antcraw@swbell.net> wrote in message
Sandy,
Thank you very much. That did the trick. Can you tell, just by what
little information we have exchanged, how the rows/columns were hidden,
e.g. by code or manually?

Thanks again.
Antje

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/19/2006 4:28:44 PM
My guess is manual...Unless someone coded into vba played the macro and
then erased the code (which would take longer than selecting the
columns, rows and then unhidding them

Glad to help.

Sandy

AC wrote:
> Sandy,
> Thank you very much. That did the trick. Can you tell, just by what
> little information we have exchanged, how the rows/columns were hidden,
> e.g. by code or manually?
>
> Thanks again.
> Antje

Thanks for the enlightenment. Learned something rather simple here. I
guess I've never tried to hide all unused row and/or columns. :))

BR,
Antje

0
antcraw (14)
10/19/2006 4:48:26 PM
Appreciate the feed-back.
--
Regards,

> Thanks for the enlightenment. Learned something rather simple here. I
> guess I've never tried to hide all unused row and/or columns. :))
>
> BR,
> Antje

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Number Formatting #3
Thank you, now at least it makes sense! :) -- Nan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6785 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=272052 You're welcome. See the thread started by M.Johnson about rounding. You might find something of use to you there too. Carlos "Nan" <Nan.1eop7y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Nan.1eop7y@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Thank you, now at least it makes sense! :) > &...

Custom Chart/ Line-Column Type
I am doing a Line/Column chart on the custom chart tab. I cannot get the chart to work the way I want it to. I am charting for different types of data. I want 3 of the types of data to show up as a column and one row of data to show up as the line. However, it keeps reverting back to the 2 columns, 2 lines that it is programmed to do. Is there anyway to change it and customize it to do what I want it to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Make your own custom chart. Plot all four series as columns, then right click on the one, select chart type from the pop up menu, and...

How do I limit the visible rows in Excel?
I want to hide everything in a worksheet except for the table into which I am asking others for input. Columns are easy, but how can I hide ALL the rows below my chart? I could colour them out in black, that would lead to printing issues. Help please! Tom, One way I like to restrict access is by defining a scroll area thus: Sub DefineScrollArea() ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "MyCellRange" End Sub Once you run this macro, you can only move the cursor to a cell within this range. You can also use cell addressses instead of the "MyCellrange" range name Sub DefineSc...

Need a tool to create large number of test mailboxes in exchange 2003...
I want to create large number of test mailboxes in Exchange 2003 server. Not getting any tool to do this. Could any one please let me know a tool or a script for me ? Regards, Shivaraj You can use ldifde or csvde. Read this: http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/2199331 "shivaraj" wrote: > I want to create large number of test mailboxes in Exchange 2003 > server. Not getting any tool to do this. Could any one please let me > know a tool or a script for me ? > > Regards, > Shivaraj > > ...

Numbering Images when saved as jpeg
When I save a presentation as jpegs, I'd like to have two or three digit numbering conventions ... instead of Slide1, Slide2, etc ... I'd like Slide01, Slide02 .... etc. Any way to do this? I'm using PPT 07 "AV Guy" wrote: > When I save a presentation as jpegs, I'd like to have two or three digit > numbering conventions ... instead of Slide1, Slide2, etc ... I'd like > Slide01, Slide02 .... etc. > > Any way to do this? In article <C43BD0B9-3178-424B-9000-874B33E1B49F@microsoft.com>, AV Guy wrote: > When I save a p...

stacked column chart but label with %?
Hi again everyone, I have a graph that has 5 variables in a stacked column. X axis is year, Y axis is total number of people. On the same graph, I'd like to label each individual series with its % of the total for that year. I've done this before by making individual text boxes and manually entering in the percentages, but I feel like there must be a better way to do this. I tried a line-column graph and plotted the percentages on a second Y axis (percentage) but the data points don't line up with their corresponding bar chunk. I hope I'm making sense, I've b een sta...

How do I add different ranges in a column together?
I have a large column of numbers and need to select random numbers that I need to total. Rather than adidng one cell at a time. How do I add multiple ranges within the column together? Thank you If they're ranges (as in groups of consecutive cells) you can use SUM, as in =sum(a1:a5,a20:a43, ... ). If they're cells that are selected based on the value of some other cell in the same row, you can use sumif: =sumif(b:b,"Selection",a:a) would add the values in column A of the rows where column B is equal to "Selection". If it's really pretty random, I'...

multiple columns and row table and finding the answer
Looking for the correct Function I have a table that looks sort of like this A B C D E F G H I J A 14 14 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 B 2 14 14 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 C 3 2 14 14 11 10 9 8 7 6 D E Etc Etc Etc I want to right a formula that will return the correct value in the table. So if I enter A A then 14 if it is B A then 14 but if A B then 2. Any idea's where I can start? hI, I have assumed the top left cell of your table is A1 and extends...

How to define a "from this row to the bottom of the spreadsheet" range?
Hello. In a spreadsheet, I have a formula which refers to the values of a column ('C', for instance). The first line of that column is a title, so I currently use a range that begins with 'C2'. There is no total at the bottom of the column. All cells that follow the last value are blank. The problem is that the number of values on that column grows periodically. As of now, I am using an arbitrary high value to make up the range in the formula, e.g. 'C2:C1000'. The question is: how can I specify that range without using a magic number? In other words, how does o...

grand total column B from every worksheet in workbook
I want to have a function in a cell that totals column B from every worksheet in my workbook even w/o knowing how many worksheets there are or what the name of any worksheet is. Even better, because I would like to have a "summary" worksheet, the function should skip column B in its own work sheet -- so, the function I'd like might total every number in a column called "Qty" for any worksheet in the workbook that has a column named "Qty". I have an Excel doc that holds all of my sales data. The data is imported as a text file from a webstore db into a wor...

Organize and sort columns
Does anyone know of a way to re-order columns in an Excel spreadsheet other than by selecting the column, Shift, and dragging it to the desired location. The sort by rows option would work if it wasn’t limited to ascending, descending. The program I import data with might provide me with column headers like Company Name, Branch, Contact Name, Account Exec, Agreement Expiration, etc up to 30 Columns. I want my columns to be ordered as Account Exec, Company Name, Agreement Expiration, Branch, Contact Name…… You could insert a helper row and assign a, b, c, in the order you prefer the colu...

Unmatching row numbers
Okay, I'm trying to use this formula to tell me if there is a matching number in another worksheet IF(Sheet1!$E$1:$E$65536 = "Value from Sheet2 (D3)","Found","") But Excell will only tell me it is "found" when the row numbers match, how can I overcome this setback. Thanks Again, ~E~ ------------------------------------------------- Dear Creperum You dont mention if the row numbers need to match (eg sheet1 d1=sheet2 e1=Sheet3 e1 or whether you only want sheet1 a1 to look at both ranges to see if the value is present. depending on which way you w...

Genrating text and auto number
How to generate auto number but i want it to be combination with text Example L0001, THEN L0002 and so on..how? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Emily, What does the 'L' stand for ? Will this field contain other series of numbers that start with some other letter but which must also start sequencing at 00001? By storing more than one piece of information in a single database field, you are violating the first normal form of database design. I would recommend you store the letter designator in a separate field. Assuming that you have other letters, that mu...

Line
I am using line-column charts to show productivity metrics. The columns (bars) are indicators and the line as a benchmark. After 5 indicators, the bars change to data poitns. Is there a way to have multiple bars (columns)? Example A B C data a data b Monday 34 Tuesday 56 Wednesday 45 Thursday 40 Friday 50 Saturday 60 Sunday ...

Column modification in address book
How can I manipulate the columns of data when you open the address book. For example I want to see the mobile phone numbers of my staff in the addressbook but that column of data is not shown when you go into the address book. Please help Douglass Outlook does not provide that capability.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Douglass" <ccs4u@comcast.net> wrote in message = news:ezLBji6WFHA.4032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl....

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

PO number field length should go back to 20 characters
In previous RMS versions, PO number field length was 20 characters. With RMS 2.0, the field length shrunk to 15 characters for no apparent reason. I have already had 1 customers who changed to 2.0 complain about that. They have long PO numbers/Transfers numbers because the use descriptions in the transfer numbers. Others usning 1.2 and 1.3 may also have done this. Plus what happens to those long po numbers after conversion? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &qu...

such next free rows
Hello i need help to finalyse the vba code. the vba code is working but i need to find the first empty line and paste the data from the (excel base.xls). can someone help me Thanks Dim Wk As Workbook Set Wk = Workbooks.Open(Filename:="C:\Databasere_validierung.xls") Windows("excel base.xls").Activate Range("B1:B75").Select Selection.Copy Windows("Databasere_validierung.xls").Activate Range("A4").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, Ski...

Selecting rows from various sheets #2
Thanks for the reply Frank, but unfortunately it's a bit over my head. Something simpler would be better. I've managed to create a column that has unique values of all the identifiers. So now all I need to do, is compare the unique identifier with the other sheets and extract the data from the other columns on each sheet. Cheers Shav -- shav ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11980 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=266657 Hi w...

Comment indicators show as numbers in HTML
have recently posted a workbook to a server and am viewing the document as a web page. The comments I have created for certain cells show much better but the indicator is showing as a linked number [2] centered within the cell. It there a way to remove the numbers or to at least have the indicator show? ...

How do I label or name a column in Excel?
please advise me how ot make a label or a name for each column in an Excel spreadsheet? You can't change the column headers in a worksheet. They are fixed as letters, by default, or numbers if you select the R1C1 reference style under Tools, Options, General. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "kmax" <kmax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:329627BC-145F-411B-B0CA-4CE689BE693A@microsoft.com... | please advise me how ot make a label or a name for each column in an Excel | spreadsheet? Kmax, just put your names in row 1 -- Paul B Always backup your data before t...

auto number columns in excel
Is there a way to set up a column of numbers so that it automatically updates the numbers every time a line is added or deleted? >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to set up a column of numbers so that it automatically updates >the numbers every time a line is added or deleted? >. >Use =count(A1:A10) or more rows as required. If its the last row used - =row(B1) extended down to maybe B100. Then you can use =large(B1:B100) this will give you the last row used. Mal I either did not understand the reply given or was not clear in what I am trying to accom...

RE: Works in all columns but one
Never got a reply. Can anyone else help? Thanks, Doug -------------------------------------------------------- Hi Galimi, I don't know how to check the background/foreground colors. I'm using Excel 97. Can you help me? "galimi" <galimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2410A4AD-5A8C-4092-BB14-FE4505AC5162@microsoft.com... > Check the color of the foreground. Ensure it is not the same as the > background color. > > http://HelpExcel > > "Doug Mc" wrote: > > > I have the following formula in about 15 columns in one ...

Can you round numbers to display a specific set of numbers, for e.
I am working on a timesheet, and have a question. Due to a request by a user to be able to only enter time with a signle keystroke, for example, 8:00, only enter 8. Due to that, I have changed my cell formatting from time to numbers. Now, I need a formula that will round the number to a set of predetermined minutes. Example: If a user enters 8.25 for a time in, we would like a formula to change the number to 8.30. I need the formula to do this for the following entries: 0-14: 0 15-29: 15 30-44:30 45-59: 45 Any ideas, or am I very far off base? Try this =ROUNDDOWN(TIME(INT(A11)...

FRx row format account labels
Hello: When an FRx row format is created by using "Edit...Add Rows from Chart of Accounts" and so forth, how does FRx determine the name of the account to place within the row? What I'm getting at is that a row format that is based on the natural account segment can represent several accounts--for example, an account that represents several departments--can be "divided" into different departments based on the segment of the account. So, for an account that has as many as ten departments, how does FRx determine the name for the account. The account description ...