Null value syntax of export XML

Dear all,

I use excel 2003 to export a excel file into xml file.  For those blank
cells in the excel file, I input a ' so that excel can recognize it as a null
value when exporting to xml.  After exporting, the syntax of null value in
the xml file will look liked
<remark/>
However, I expect the syntax of null value will look liked
<remark></remark>
Everytime I will use Notepad to modify the syntax. May I ask whether there
is any method to modify the xml output syntax?

Thanks.

Regards,
Michael

0
Michael5492 (655)
2/9/2007 4:01:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

spin button value
Hi Does the value in spinbutton properties have to be numeric or can it be a day eg mon tues wed etc if so how do I dio this Thanks tina A Forms toolbar spinner control returns an integer. You can have another cell with a formula that references the cell linked to the spinner like =CHOOSE(A1,"Sun","Mon","Tues","Weds","Thurs","Fri","Sat") Here A1 is linked to the spinner. You'd want to limit the spinner's minimum value to 1 and maximum value to 7 in this case. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "tina" <tina@...

Null Is Null
I've got a text box in a report that's not returning properly. Here's its Control Source: =[Reports]![rptFGPackConfigsPKWeights]![srptFGPKConfigsSUPK_totalwt]! [SumWtg]+IIf(IsNull([Reports]![rptFGPackConfigsPKWeights]! [srptFGPKConfigsTPK_totalwt]![SumWtg]),Null,"") This returns #Error. It's definitely my IIf statement as it returns properly when removed however there are times when [srptFGPKConfigsTPK_totalwt].[SumWtg] will be null. In fact, this subreport will not appear if no records exist. I suspect that this is the problem. How can I write this Control Source t...

if A1=Null and B1=A1 why is result in B1=0 ??
if A1=Null and B1=A1 why is result in B1=0 ?? because of this I get wrong result for average calculations: average for (6,8,0) <> average for (6,8,null) Use =IF(A1="","",A1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "WGeorg" <WGeorg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09FCCF25-D0DC-4B1E-BFA1-CEF9A9327C46@microsoft.com... > if A1=Null and B1=A1 why is result in B1=0 ?? > because of this I get wrong result for average calculations: average for > (6,8,0) <> average for (6,8,null) Use this ...

Reading the XSD to get the Elements and Attributes for the XML
Hi, Is it possible to fetch the Elements and Attributes in XML by reading the XSD?? I want to develop a application whose Elements and Attributes changes when i change my Schema. The Elements and Attributes will be displayed in the Form to fetch the user input and the new node will be appended to the existing XML. Any help regarding this would be of great help. Thanks in Advance. tdpriya1984@gmail.com wrote: > Is it possible to fetch the Elements and Attributes in XML by reading > the XSD?? > I want to develop a application whose Elements and Attributes changes > when i change ...

Exporting Crystal 9 to Excel 2002
I can export just fine from databases. But when I do, it's not very user friendly. I find that most of the information occupies more then one column. So when I go to use a vlookup, for example, all I get are N/A's. How do I merge the columns so when I ask for the info in column #17, it gives that info! Thanks for the help, ...

Syntax for Is Not Null ?
When one of our forms is opened (Current event) I want a message box fired by certain conditions (that the Ref control does have a value, but the Country control is empty). I have tried various bits of code along the lines shown below, but keep getting runtime errors. Wot's wrong with the following, please? If [Me.Ref] is not null and [Me.Country] = "" Then MsgBox "Please enter the country!" Many thanks CW CW - Try this: If (not isnull([Me.Ref])) AND IsNull([Me.Country]) Then MsgBox "Please enter the country!" -- Daryl S ...

When is a Null not a Null?
I have a form which is used for adding and entering data depending on where it is called from. When called in add mode (acFormAdd) a blank form is openned. When the cursor enters the text box [Name] on the form field I am trying test whether it is empty so that a search form can be openned if a new name is to be added. (I don't want the search form to open in cases when the form already has data in and I am editing rather than adding data). The form is based on a query and the data displayed in [Name] is the result of a calculated field in the query which concatenates firstname and surn...

retrieving the XmlEnumAttribute and the enum-values (2)
This post is a followup to the thread "retrieving the XmlEnumAttribute values for an Enum" in this same forum earlier this month, since my last query in that thread went unanswered. I have an enum defined (DotNet v2) as public enum velocityUom { [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlEnumAttribute("m/s")] ms = 21, [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlEnumAttribute("cm/a")] cma, ... } My original post was to ask how I could retrieve the XmlEnumAttribute values for this Enum so that I could create a combo box with values like "m/s", &qu...

What is the Null character?
What is the character sequence that Excel uses to represent an empty cell? I am using a formula and when it returns false, I would like for it to represent the cell as if it was empty. I have tried using "" as an empty cell, but excel recognizes that this is a value, not an empty cell. You can't do what you want to do. A formula always returns *something*. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Quinn Ramsey" <Quinn Ramsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D67F6311-0CCA-48B5-A...

Passing Values between forms
I am trying to link to forms. I have a button on the main form (frmCompanies) that needs to open another form when a button is clicked. The new form that opens is frmScheduledActivities. When it open it needs to check to see if there is an existing record (scheduled activity) for the company and if there is no scheduled activity be set to add a new record. When the button is clicked on the main company form (on the on click event) this code runs: Private Sub cmdCallBack_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdCallBack_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String...

Is the syntax correct?
Is this syntax correct: =ROUNDUP((I35+I38),2) (need ROUNDUP sum.) What's in I35 and I38? What result do you get when you enter the formula in a cell? What result do you want? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:03:57 +0200, "Kvin" <kvin@msnews.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is this syntax correct: > > =ROUNDUP((I35+I38),2) > >(need ROUNDUP sum.) "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:s7hhl29liq71dpq570tlsaj8la0eceron6@4ax.com... > What's in I35 and I38? > > What result do you get whe...

Charting null values
I have a chart that is plotting null values. I tried the formula =if(C25="",N/A(),Sum(C22:C25)). I've also deleted the formula to create a completely null cell. I've been to Tools, Options, Chart and selected Plot empty cells as Not plotted, zero and Interpollated As well as turning Plot Visible Cells only (turned it on and off) Nothing seems to make a difference. Any suggestions? Stephanie, what kind of chart are you using? Can you give an example of how your data table looks like? br, Henk "StephanieH" wrote: > I have a chart that is plotting ...

NULL values
Working with a downloaded table form a Lotus Notes contact manager. Now in access call tblclients. I query certain info. to update the records. BUT...'Is Null' does not work. It comes back empty and there are definitely empty contents in the fields I chose. I know how to do this as it works in my other tables on other databases. The only difference I can see in this table as opposed to tables created directly in Access is the Field Design property called Unicode Compression saying No instead of the default Yes. I changed the Unicode to Yes in case this had something to do with it and ...

export adress book with sub-directory
I want to export adress book with sub-directory from outlook express to outlook 2003 or a new install of outlook express. The problem is that i find all my adress in the new version but all in the primary directory, all my sub-directory of adress book are lost. how can i do to still have sub-directory in the new version. thank for help me. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to...

How to Link a cell in an Excel spread sheet to a text value in Visio 2007
I would like to have a text value in Visio take the value of a cell in an Excell spread sheet. Is there a way to do this, at least on opening the Visio Document? Thanks in advance, Marco UCO Lick Observatory Laboratory for Adaptive Optics visio 2007 professional http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/HA100518191033.aspx al "Marco" <null@null.net> wrote in message news:uCcafQkuKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I would like to have a text value in Visio take the value of a cell in an > Excell spread sheet. Is there a way to do this, at leas...

How can I check a combo box content or value or something
Hi. I need to check if my combobox has something on it, what I mean is if my users choose any value. I need something looked like: if combo1 then msgbox "you must choose an option on Combo1" exit sub end if How can I do something looked like? Regards, Marco Marco, In the AfterUpdate event of the combo type, if IsNull(combo1.text) then msgbox "you must choose an option on Combo1" End If "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92B57DBB-74BC-4177-AB68-A87153654F34@microsoft.com... > Hi. I need to check if my combobox h...

Export OWC to Excel
Hi, Is there anyway that we can export a graph that is generated using OWC to excel programmatically? I know we can do do the export from one of the buttons in the owc chart control itself. What I am looking for is the programmatic way of doing it. Please help. Regards, Rajesh ...

Taking the Mode based on cell value
Could you provide a few more details about what you want to do? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "sip8316" <sip8316@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3F4DE24-C5E8-4911-96E6-E61A1E56DEF0@microsoft.com... > ...

How to MATCH value up a column
I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA! Hi I don't know what you are looking for, but see: MATCH(A2,A1:F1,0) or VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "DevourU" wrote: > I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA! Thankx for the reply. Here is my formula:=IF(A11>A10,C10,(IF(A11=A10,A10,"?"))). I need to have IF(A11<A10, search up column A for 1st match, example A4, display next column B4. Clear as mu...

VLOOKUP: Retrieving Values
Vlookup: I am trying to lookup a value ( SCOTLAND ) on a spreadsheet called ( Data ) in order to populate ceratin cells on my other spreadsheet ( Spreadone ). If the value (SCOTLAND) is located in (Data) I want it to copy the values of specific cells (not all of them ) from the same row into ( Spreadone ). So : CHECK COLUMN N (CLASS) IN SPREADSHEET (DATA) FOR STRING (SCOTLAND) IF THE STRING = SCOTLAND THEN IN SPREADSHEET (Spreadone) POPULATE CELL A7:A25 = ACCOUNT NO (from Data) CELL B7:B25 = CLIENT (from Data) CELL C7:C25 = CUSIP (from Data) CELL D7:D25 = QTY (from Data) CELL E7:E25...

XML Serialization of the Exception Class
I am attempting the following: XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Exception)); I receive the following error: Message: There was an error reflecting type 'System.Exception'. Message: The property 'TargetSite' on type 'System.Exception' cannot be serialized because it is decorated with declarative security permission attributes. Consider using imperative asserts or demands in the property accessors. If I had ANY IDEA in the WORLD what this message is trying to tell me I would try to do something about this. Can anyone help me? Thanks In Advance d...

Can I set an audio alert that triggers as Excel cell value chgs?
I would like to add an audio alert to a spreadsheet cell whenever it changes to a specific value? Can this be done? ....I'm not familiar with any audio alerts but, you can use conditional formatting to the cell's format change when it value changes. Go to Format...Conditional Formatting. You can then either set a value or use a formula and set the format (what it will look like when the cell is the value that you set). "SellUnHi" wrote: > I would like to add an audio alert to a spreadsheet cell whenever it changes > to a specific value? Can this be done? L...

PrimaryContactID NULL
Hello, i have discovered a strange behavior of CRM regarding the relationship between accounts and contacts: Some of my accounts show up a referenced contact but do not have a PrimaryContactID GUID in the databasefield. Both where converted from a lead which is refrenced with the correct GUID in the OriginatingLeadID Field in the database? Any idea how this can happen? Regards Sebastian When you convert a lead into an account/contact the contact references the account throught the parent customer field. The account does not reference the contact (this would be the primary contact fi...

Using CORREL with arrays containing null values
XL Gurus... I'm using the CORREL function, but one of the arrays I'm comparing has null values (entered as #N/A), so my result is #N/A. How can I modify my formula to correlate all the points in the 2 arrays, apart from the null values and their corresponding entries in the other array? You might incorporate an IF function, along the lines of IF(ISNUMBER(your array function here),your array function here,0) It seems redundant, but it evaluates the array function to determine if it is numeric. ...

experts: structure of dataset xml
hello, i have a problem, i wonder if anyone can help... i am retrieving records from an access table using a dataset and want the data to be returned in xml, so i am using the dataset.GetXml() method. lets say, for example, that the xml is in the following format: <Users> <User> <UserId>1</UserId> <Username>robert</Username> <Password>friend</Password> </User> <User> <UserId>2</UserId> <Username>natasha</Username> <Password>sunny</Password...