novice trying to write formula

I'm trying to write a formula:  If column D = K or any number 1 - 12
and K = A     then L = NL ( or I could use the number 1)
Please remember I'm a novice EXCEL user...and what little I know i
self-taught.  thanks

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Mary
    It's somewhat difficult to follow what you're saying.  Does "column D =
K" mean "column D = column K"  or is it "column D = the letter K"?  And what
does "K = A" mean?  And what does "then L = NL ( or I could use the number
1)" mean?    HTH   Otto

"marywatson >" <<marywatson.zzho2@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to write a formula:  If column D = K or any number 1 - 12
> and K = A     then L = NL ( or I could use the number 1)
> Please remember I'm a novice EXCEL user...and what little I know is
> self-taught.  thanks.
>

> ---

> I'm trying to write a formula:  If column D = K or any number 1 - 12
> and K = A     then L = NL ( or I could use the number 1)
> Please remember I'm a novice EXCEL user...and what little I know is
> self-taught.  thanks.

=if(or(D1=K1,and(D1>=1,D1<=12,K1=A1)),L=NL,false)

That is what you said. Whether it is what you intended or not, I don't
know.

Fabian
Visit my website often and for long periods!
http://www.lajzar.co.uk

0
lajzar (58)

trying to send an email in outlook
i'm trying to send an email to an email address that ends .org outlook comes back with the following error 550 <xxxx@xxxxxxx.org>... Relaying denied Hi asphy, your Outlook version is? Does your Outlook normaly works with email or do you always get this errror? Are you using an Exchange Server or a local installation? Have a look on this site : "Troubleshoot 550, 553, and relay-prohibited errors" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011128331033.aspx Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Public ShareFolder Synchro...

usb ports shuts my computer down when im trying to use them?
i have problems when i plug my digital camera or my ipod into the usb ports it shuts my computer down and gives me a report that it experianced a blue screen. although my printer still works. please help. please tell us wtf this has to do with windows update lisaannpoohbear wrote: > i have problems when i plug my digital camera or my ipod into the usb > ports > it shuts my computer down and gives me a report that it experianced a blue > screen. although my printer still works. please help. ...

Clear Contants w/o effecting formulas #2
Thanks for the help. I create the following macro but it seems to be working funny. With Worksheets(Cur_Month).Range("a7") ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(Cur_Month).Activate Range(Cur_Month & "!All_Data").Select Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23).Select Selection.ClearContents End With It was working great then I saved / closed / and reopen my applicatio now it gets to the Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants 23).Select, part, I get an error saying "No Cells were found". What does that mean? I verified that the range I want selected i sele...

Blank lines using letter writing assistant
I have a form letter in letter writing assistant. It has the employees address with address1 and address2 lines. Is there a way to suppress the blank line for address2 if there is nothing in that field. I know how to do this in MS Word mail merge using options, but that dialog box does not appear in letter writing assistant. What version of GP? I tested this on v10 SP2 (10.00.1061) and it only writes one line followed by city, state, zip if address 2 is blank. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Bo...

formula doesn't work
Hi, I am using window XP, have column B, C and D. Cell C1 and B1 are the numbers. I try to enter a formula into column D, it keeps give me C1/B1*100 in cell D1. Why it won't give me the numbers in D1? Is this my Exel's setting problem? -- JJ Hi JJ Instead of C1/B1*100 try =C1/B1*100 HTH. Best wishes Harald "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:50C9EF25-AFA5-4397-B01C-83E2B49DC6B1@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am using window XP, have column B, C and D. Cell C1 and B1 are the numbers. > I try to enter a formula into column D, it kee...

Keeping data updated between 2 sheets... novice needs help.
Good afternoon, My question is a bit hard to explain.. but I will do my best to convey it. I have two spreadsheets in an Excel file. In the first sheet I have "raw data" (hereon called RawData). The second sheet (hereon called DisplayData) contains basic formulas that just pull the data from RawData, and arranges them in the way I want them displayed (ultimately for printing). This excel spreadsheet will be used by laymen who don't have time (or the understanding) to fool with layouts for their data. So I am trying to take data, and arrange it into a easily updatable document...

MS Picture Manager tries to open Adobe pdf files
How do I stop Picture Manager from trying to open pdf files? It appears to have made it's self the default program for most email attachments. -- Paul Paul Harrison wrote: > How do I stop Picture Manager from trying to open pdf files? > It appears to have made it's self the default program for most email > attachments. =============================================== The following article explains how to change a file association. Windows Vista - How to Associate a File Extension Type With a Program in Vista http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69758-default-pro...

I get an OLE error when I try to insert a PDF file in a Publisher
I have enough disc space. I am using XP service pack 2 and I have Symantec Endpoint Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 ole32.dll in the Open box, and then click OK. If that doesn't work How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "arny" <arny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6F420F4-F3E5-4A9B-91C6-CCE2AB7B7141@microsoft.com... >I have enough disc space. I am using XP service pack 2 and I have Symantec > Endpoint ...

Disappearing formulae
I recently was asked to help someone with a problem in which, on certain sheets of a large Excel 2000 spreadsheet, every formulas had been inexplicably replaced with seemingly random numeric constants, all in ten decimal places. Only certain recently added pages were affected; the original sheets, which the new sheets summarized, were unchanged. Unfortunately, the person didn't have a backup of the spreadsheet, but he did find that he was able to re-enter the lost formulas by hand. While the spreadsheet had certain macros, the person ahd always run the sheets with them disabled, ...

Another Countif Formula
Hi. I want to find the amount of numbers in a given set that are greater than a specific cell. The hard part is, the range depends on a list of dates in another column. I have from a1:a200 a descending list of dates, starting from today. I want a function that has the range start today (that's easy) and ends when the date hits March 1st (for example). Then the formula would apply that range to the column with the numbers. The reason the dates are not fixed is because the data is automatically updated from the internet so March 1st (for example) is always one cell lower. Example: ...

trying to calculate time
Using Excel 97 and am trying to make a simple time card that wil calculate employees hours. I want to enter: Time in, Lunch out, Lunc in, Time Out--then have excel show me how many hours they worked. I'v had some success with this but the SUM function doesn't always seem t add time correctly. And--this is where I have NO clue what to do--ho do you change a number that is formated as time into a number that can calculate with. I'm trying to get hours x rate = total then add totals for a weekly total thanks for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi p...

To write living will do I need special format
I just need to change and update a living trust You should consult someone with the appropriate legal knowledge in the jurisdiction in which you are domiciled. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "belladonna" <belladonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F25A64CB-355F-44E9-A005-16AA61DA15A7@microsoft.com... > I just need to change and update a living trust ...

Charting help for a novice?
I have a value in Column A and a calculated value in column B =if(A1,A1*14,"") I want to plot column B on a chart, however where there is no data in A then the chart plots B as a zero, but I don't want it to plot anything if there is no data. Can anyone help this relative novice? Thanks in anticipation Dave =if(A1,A1*14,NA()) should cure it on the chart. If you don't want the NA# to show in your data sheet, you can hide it with conditional formatting. -- David Biddulph "Dave Jones" <dave.g.jones@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:9_ednVQGkPw-b3_Y...

How to write a COM object which can be refered in C# .NET prj?
Hi, As we know, we can write a COM object with VB6, which can be refered in C# ..NET project. My question is, can I do so with VC6, other than VB6? In VB6, it is easy to create a COM object: Wizard->ActiveX DLL. But how to do in VC6? I created a DLL in VC6: MFC AppWizard -> Regular DLL with MFC static..(with Automation checked). I refered it in my C# .NET prj, but any classes of it can not be seen. ? Thank you in advance. Use the ATL COM AppWizard. (You might want to go through an introductory ATL book) -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com ...

creat the formula
sir how to creat the formula ex. grand total $1245.95 to choose the total = $1245.00 If you have for example in A2: 1245.95, then: =INT(A2) will give you 1245. INT will round a number down to the nearest integer. You could use INT(A2) as the lookup value to match in index/match or in vlookup. Any good? hit the YES below. -- Max Singapore xde --- "wama" wrote: > sir how to creat the formula ex. grand total $1245.95 to choose the total = > $1245.00 ...

- Excel 2007: Pivot Table to SSAS why menu item "Options"->"Formulas" is disabled?
I am using Excel 2007 with SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 SP2. I want to create calculated measure based on other measures, but I cannot do this for Pivot table. If I go to menu "Options"->"Formulas" I can see that it is disabled. Same menu is enabled if I create Pivot table based on cells in sheet. How can I create caclulated measure for Pivot Table based on SSAS? Thank you ...

How to add 4 of 5 highest numbers using a formula
How to make a formula for this problem in Excel Hi =SUM(A1:A5)-MIN(A1:A5) Arvi Laanemets "jost" <jost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D9628C9-A066-41CC-A601-B4D6C5139BD9@microsoft.com... > How to make a formula for this problem in Excel or =SUM(LARGE(A1:A5,{1,2,3,4})) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Arvi Laanemets" <arvilaanemets@hot.ee> wrote in message news:u5Hk4vZ5EHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > > =SUM(A1:A5)-MIN(A1:A5) > > > Arvi Laanemets > > > "...

Formula on Actual Vs Plan
Hi Friends! Could some help me on this formula? I need to complete a task say from 1-Jun-05 to 30-Jun-05 i.e 30 days, but however on a given day when I analyse the Project schedule (say today), I find out that on the 9th day i.e 9-Jun-05 on actual progress I have completed only 4% of the Job, Hence what should be my forecasted days to complete the job a 100% in actual, now putting it in a mathematical sense: 100% = 30days (Plan) 4% = 9days (Actual & when the plan is 30%) Hence 96% = ? (How may days in Forecast) I want the formula to be dynam...

Will comcast new DTA box work with Windows Media Center computer? Have tried every recommended path and noting works.
I was told I had to upgrade to Comcast DTA box to continue receiving TV. I get my TV through Dell XPS with Windows Mediacenter Edition Version 2002. (XP SP3). I've been using this setup for years with no trouble. With DTA activated I can't use MCE remote or keyboard to change channels, can't set up to record programs, can't select programs from guide. If you know without reading further that I will never get this working, I'd like to know so I can quit messing with it and cancel comcast TV since it is now useless to me. I have followed instructions at ...

Try that critical package from the Microsoft Corporation
--raeddklkidcvklu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="raeozhtviqupeqwfv"; type="multipart/alternative" --raeozhtviqupeqwfv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lifkjmddjmskvddz" --lifkjmddjmskvddz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now ...

novice question #2
hi I am trying to create a form in excel that keeps track of my sons exercise regime. 7 days a week are represented as columns and the sports he trains in are the rows. each row is summed up in both time and distance. The totals are put into week 1 week 2 week 3....etc. I have created a clear form button with a macro. my problem is that when I clear the form it also clears the week 1 total. I want to hold the total in week 1 and get the user to enter a "2" into a certain cell and then start gathering data for week 2. then week 3 and so on. Any ideas? thx in advance steep_takeoff ...

Try on this update from M$ Corp.
--ltaoghekcwmekgq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bfynicdkejygvy"; type="multipart/alternative" --bfynicdkejygvy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bqrablcetyhda" --bqrablcetyhda Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vul...

formulae do not calculate
Hi folks, I hope you can help me. I am a veteran Excel user, but I encountered a very troubling incident today. I have a large, multi-sheet spreadsheet. I pasted (values only) from another spreadsheet into this calculating spreasheet. After I did this, I looked at some formulae (on a different sheet in the same spreadsheet) that referred to the cells to which I had pasted the new data, only to discover that the cells had not recalculated. A few items before you get going: 1) I have recently ugraded my computer (Dell P4, with 512MB of memory, etc.), operating system and office ...

Try this corrective pack
--felngocqcsvpjmym Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ukmbifcgjvs"; type="multipart/alternative" --ukmbifcgjvs Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vlvarlutagefxpor" --vlvarlutagefxpor Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help ma...

Login problem (Try this)
Works for me now by just starting money with "msmoney -s" and that's it, I skipped the rest of the instructions. I have been able log in and out several times with no problems. >-----Original Message----- >Works for me now by just starting money with "msmoney - s" >and that's it, I skipped the rest of the instructions. >I have been able log in and out several times with no >problems. >. Doesn't work. Still need to enter password which is deemed incorrect. Doesn't work for me.... >-----Original Message----- >Works ...