Not Sure

Hi,

Can anyone help?

If I use a Form selecting from the range "make" I want the next Form to be
able to pick from the "model" range of that make.

So if I picked Ford in the 1st form, the 2nd form will only give me the
options of Mondeo LxTD or Mondeo Aspen. The other information I can already
obtain using Vlookup() but I cannot find a way of inputting the "model"
range into the Vlookup()

In cell A1 the form will bring in the option picked (ford Or Vauxhall)

What I need is in cell B2 I want to be able to pick from only the cars made
by ford or vauxhall which ever option was picked, so if it was Ford, it
would pick from "ford" range.

A1 = Ford

B2  =VLOOKUP(A1,(A1),2,FALSE)

Make               Model                 Value            Group

      Ford
     Mondeo LXTD
     �12000
     8

     Mondeo Aspen
     �13000
     9

      Vauxhall
     Cavalier
     �4000
     6

     Vectra
     �8000
     8

TIA.

Mike.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could use dependent data validation lists. There are instructions here:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
1/19/2004 10:38:02 PM
That is exactly what I needed to know.
Cheers for that !!! Spot on.

Mike

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> You could use dependent data validation lists. There are instructions
here:

>    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html
>
> Nobody wrote:
> > If I use a Form selecting from the range "make" I want the next Form to
be
> > able to pick from the "model" range of that make.
> >
> > So if I picked Ford in the 1st form, the 2nd form will only give me the
> > options of Mondeo LxTD or Mondeo Aspen. The other information I can
already
> > obtain using Vlookup() but I cannot find a way of inputting the "model"
> > range into the Vlookup()
> >
> > In cell A1 the form will bring in the option picked (ford Or Vauxhall)
> >
> > What I need is in cell B2 I want to be able to pick from only the cars
made
> > by ford or vauxhall which ever option was picked, so if it was Ford, it
> > would pick from "ford" range.
> >
> > A1 = Ford
> > B2  =VLOOKUP(A1,(A1),2,FALSE)
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

That is exactly what I needed to know.
Cheers for that !!! Spot on.

Mike

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> You could use dependent data validation lists. There are instructions
here:

>    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html
>
> Nobody wrote:
> > If I use a Form selecting from the range "make" I want the next Form to
be
> > able to pick from the "model" range of that make.
> >
> > So if I picked Ford in the 1st form, the 2nd form will only give me the
> > options of Mondeo LxTD or Mondeo Aspen. The other information I can
already
> > obtain using Vlookup() but I cannot find a way of inputting the "model"
> > range into the Vlookup()
> >
> > In cell A1 the form will bring in the option picked (ford Or Vauxhall)
> >
> > What I need is in cell B2 I want to be able to pick from only the cars
made
> > by ford or vauxhall which ever option was picked, so if it was Ford, it
> > would pick from "ford" range.
> >
> > A1 = Ford
> > B2  =VLOOKUP(A1,(A1),2,FALSE)
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Not sure why this code isn't working
Hello, I have a subform in Access 2003 with these fields, type of day, OLPEndDate, OLPBeginDate. At the end of each row, I want to calculate the total day taken for that particular vacation request, so if a person took 12/1/2009-12/2/2009 then the last field "TotalOLPTaken" should calculate as 1. What's happening is that it does calculate but all of the rows calculate to the same number. If I put the cursor in the second row and that row happens to have 12/4/2009-12/6/2009, then even the row with 12/1-12/2 calculates as 2. Then if I put the cursor back in the fi...

Not Sure
Hi, Can anyone help? If I use a Form selecting from the range "make" I want the next Form to be able to pick from the "model" range of that make. So if I picked Ford in the 1st form, the 2nd form will only give me the options of Mondeo LxTD or Mondeo Aspen. The other information I can already obtain using Vlookup() but I cannot find a way of inputting the "model" range into the Vlookup() In cell A1 the form will bring in the option picked (ford Or Vauxhall) What I need is in cell B2 I want to be able to pick from only the cars made by ford or vauxhall...

Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news
The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is that you can know for sure that you are going to Heaven which is described in the Holy Bible as a beautiful place with no death, sorrow, sickness or pain. God tells us in the Holy Bible how simple it is to be saved so that we can live forever with Him in Heaven. "For if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:9) Over 2000 years ago God came from ...

Not sure.
Ok, Kinda new a formuals for Execl 2003 / 2007 I have catalog numbers in column A B LNL FNM BLB TNT KBA BER these are cross reference numbers for a fuse company, what formula would you use that if you choose LNL and it would reference cell "B" FNM, Hi Old Guy I would use VLOOKUP, check it out in Excel Help. Regards John ( Old Guy too ) "Old Guy" <OldGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E10D6AF2-F61D-481D-99C4-1D06F3F57CF8@microsoft.com... > Ok, Kinda new a formuals for Execl 2003 / 2007 I have catalog numbers in > co...

Volume Shadow Copy - how to test to make sure new copies are being created?
Hey folks, I am running into a problem where several of our Windows 2003 servers are no longer creating shadow copies on their shares. The Volume Shadow Copy service kicks off periodically like it should, but there are no new copies being created (there is plenty of disk space available). However, I'm not necessarily looking for a fix on that front - it would be nice to fix it, but I have a higher-level goal in mind - I need to *test* to make sure these copies are being created on all of our file servers. (I'm not actually a Windows file server admin, I'm the guy i...

Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news
The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is that you can know for sure that you are going to Heaven which is described in the Holy Bible as a beautiful place with no death, sorrow, sickness or pain. God tells us in the Holy Bible how simple it is to be saved so that we can live forever with Him in Heaven. "For if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:9) Over 2000 years ago God came from ...

Outlook 2003 or 2002 Not sure?
I can't figure out why when I hotsynic from the handheld to the computer, why there is always duplicates of some names? It does this do ways, if i hotsynic either way: from the computer to the handheld or vise versa. Can someone help? I'd check with your handheld manufacturer's support people (or whoever makes the conduit for Outlook). Stephen wrote: > I can't figure out why when I hotsynic from the handheld > to the computer, why there is always duplicates of some > names? It does this do ways, if i hotsynic either way: > from the computer to the handheld or ...

Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news
The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is that you can know for sure that you are going to Heaven which is described in the Holy Bible as a beautiful place with no death, sorrow, sickness or pain. God tells us in the Holy Bible how simple it is to be saved so that we can live forever with Him in Heaven. "For if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:9) Over 2000 years ago God came from ...

Very easy I'm sure
Afternoon.. This is the easiest thing to do i'm sure but i cant!! I need to enter a date into a cell format. 170983 and it change it to show. 17/09/1983. I cant find this in the formatting options as all show in mmddyyyy format. Thanks James -- themax16 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ themax16's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23622 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=478218 Morning..<g> Excel number formatting (including date/time, etc.) is generally not ...

Not sure what to do?
I have an Access database containing general information about students. Each of those students has a seperate excel spreadsheet containing their "plan" for schooling. I need to somehow setup a link or something where I while I am in the Access database, click a button and open that particular students plan. I'm not sure what the best process is, or where to start. Any suggestions? Dear Patti, Create a field that contains the path to that excel spreadsheet. Then create a button and put dim strPath as string strPath = me!Name_Of_Field_That_Contains_File_path followh...

Not sure if this is possible
I am in charge of Payroll in my company, and at the end of the year have to compile a very large excel sheet showing what each employe made, for tax purposes. I have a digital copy of all the payroll o the computer, which is also excel sheets. My question is this: Is it possible to make a formula that will take the money that the made from the one document onto this new one? If so, how -- C_Purbaug ----------------------------------------------------------------------- C_Purbaugh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519 View this thread: http://...

Surely this is a Bug
Microsoft Word developer's have proven once again their determination to make the goal of a simple and reliable means of validating content control contents seemingly impossible. The OnExit event has been buggy since the release of Word and MS simply doesn't seem to care. For the last several days I have been getting closer and closer to finding a reliable (far from simple) means. At first I thought that the CustomXMLPart NodeAfterReplace event would fit the bill. Unfortunately when a mapped CC starts out life with the placeholder text displayed then the correspondi...

Match
I have created a Validation List called Suppliers, and then once I have picked a supplier I want it to pull over the correct Account Code. An example of the list I have is: A1 B1 1 Fred Bloggs C0011 2 Snoopy C0022 3 Donald Duck C0033 4 Mickey Mouse C0044 5 Pluto C0055 6 Danger Mouse C0066 So when I pick from the drop down list (which is on another sheet) Fred Bloggs, I want it to pull over the code C0011 in a separate cell. Not sure if I have made this clear or not, but any help will be appreciated. I trie...

sending doc's, not sure what software they have, best format to se
have tried sending several different times, getting frustrated ..pdf files are best. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Skeeter" <Skeeter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86855616-A4F9-4BC7-B5A9-CA54D4A5BD93@microsoft.com... > have tried sending several different times, getting frustrated Skeeter wrote: > have tried sending several different times, getting > frustrated ======================================== I guess you are saying your recipients cannot open the files? Try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creat...

SSRS not Initialized and not sure why
we have been rebuilding a server and having problems; says it's running but not initialized and I do not see a db version with 'C 5.0.8' or whatever. Any ideas or how to's would be appreciated. -- Regards, Pat this is SQL Server 2005 SP3 SSRS -- Regards, Pat "PatM-Reno" wrote: > we have been rebuilding a server and having problems; says it's running but > not initialized and I do not see a db version with 'C 5.0.8' or whatever. > > Any ideas or how to's would be appreciated. > -- > Regards, > Pat ...

Not sure why!
I have a table: Pain diary PD_Date PD_Med_1_Name PD_Med_1_Dosage PD_Med_2_Name PD_Med_2_Dosage PD_Med_3_Name PD_Med_3_Dosage PD_Med_4_Name PD_Med_4_Dosage I plan on running 4 insert into queries to populate the table PancreasMeds I need to sum the dosages of each MedName, so I created the following query to sum the values for Med 1 INSERT INTO PancreasMeds SELECT PD_Date AS PD_Date, PD_Med_1_Name AS PD_Med_1_Name, Sum(PD_Med_1_Dosage) AS [Sum Of PD_Med_1_Dosage] FROM Pain_Diary GROUP BY Pain_Diary.PD_Date, Pain_Diary.PD_Med_1_Name; which works fine.... I need to d...

Problem with Autoresolve, not sure how to describe it
I made a program that fills chosen email groups by its own, according to a pre selection. I have around 6-7 groups, each containing around 20 distribution lists. One group contains a dist list named "BMW US", other group contains "BMW". When my program enters the mailing list into the To: area, (e.g- "To: Benz; BMW; Volks;") the Autoresolve decides to put BMW US instead of BMW. (so it becomes "[+] Benz; [+] BMW US; [+] Volks;") . I tried everything but I can't resolve it. Unfortunately I can't change any of the names. I hope I made mysel...

not sure what to do. i'm a dummy
I recently decided to use Outlook, instead of Outlook express, and then installed business contact manager. decided i don't need business contact manager, and couldn't uninstall it. now, when i TRY to load outlook, it tells me all of my .pst files and such are missing, and it closes down. i don't know what to do, short of bashing my computer with a 10 pound sledge hammer!! thanks, Vince What do you mean with; can't uninstal it? Doesn't it show up in Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs? The best way to go would be to start of with a clean profile; Control ...

Sure delete
I'm using this good utility to definitely erase the free space of my HD. Now I'd like to ask 2 questions: 1) I'm sure the free space of my HD is unrecoverable, but do existing files keep any track of the former data recorded in their physical sectors? Namely, before I ran Sure Delete the free sectors were currently re-used to record new or modified files, so perhaps they have been recorded only 1,2 or 3 times and so some highlevel recovery utility would be able to recover their previous content. I guess there would need an utility "normalising" the voltage ...

I am sure this is old,
But Microsoft should Fire the People who designed this Live Mail. I will take Outlook Express any day. On the WLMail Menu Bar: Help | Send Feedback. Let them know how you feel. You are not alone. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Tim" <nospam@mail.com> wrote in message news:uDVrPXawKHA.4532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > But Microsoft should Fire the People who designed this Live Mail. I will > take Outlook Express any day. "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:epICmeawK...

Making sure a replica of another node is not saved in the xml document
Hi, How do I iterate through the nodes of an xml file to check if the newly added node is a replica of another node(incl. innertext and each element of the node and values thereof) ? If there newly added node is a copy of another node I would then delete the new node and save the xml file. All this would be done from the click event of a button in a webform. What is a good way of achieving the above? A code sample would be great. Thanks a lot Anita, Yould run an XPath expression against the document before you insert a new element. The most generic case would be an XPath like this: //*...

Computer crashed suring revent update
My computer froze during the restart process of a recent update (KB971512) forcing me to manually restart it and now loads very slowly. It runs fine except for whenever it need to load (example: Left 4 Dead 2 take about 10 minutes to load a level, but then runs fine besides the occasional sputter when it loads during play). Other things: whenever I start Windows, it comes up with "Windows update: Configuring 3/3 0%" but then moves onto the login screen. I also tried running Windows update again (I thought maybe it would catch it's own error or something) but I get err...

Not sure what I need...
Hello, I work for a footwear company, and we have a site, basic design, but I did up a form on a page, in which a customer can place an order, and since we don't deal with consumers, and just regular stores, we don't need credit card information or anything like that, they have accounts with us. Anyways, we have several style #'s that correlate specifically to style name's, descriptions, & color. Depending on the style # they type in, depends on the size run that would be available. As of right now, it's all manually entered by the customer, I would l...

Not sure what this would fall under in Money 2004
I just upgraded from Money 2003 Deluxe to Money 2004 Deluxe. When I get everything reconciled in 2004, all my numbers come out just the way they are supposed to. When I exit Money and come back to it later on, I find that my balance on my checking account is off. I am the only one who uses this program. It's almost like there's something in Money that adds the starting balance in my checking account to what the balance is now and that's how much Money says that I have. It only does it on that one account in Money. Is there any way that I can get this corrected? Thank you in a...

not sure if it would be sumif or if
Hi There - hoping someone can help. I need to be able to count and sum a set of data based on a persons name and an out come code. I have tried using the following formula =IF('[Leads Results Template.xls]Status'!$P$1:$P$1000=Q4,SUMIF('[Leads Results Template.xls]Status'!$I$1:$I$1000,Q17,'[Leads Results Template.xls]Status'!$M$1:$M$1000),0) In translation if the persons name (Q4) is contained in the lookup range($P$1:$P$1000) I want it to then evaluate a second column for phrase "New Contract" , "New Existing" and "new Order" (if this is...