non scrolling angled row

I have seen this many times, but am unfamiliar with how to make it work
I wanting to angle a top row with headings at -45 degree angle.  No
only the text, but the cells also.  I would then like for that row no
to scroll.  I only want the date below to scroll.

Any help is appreciate

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can't actually change the angle of cells. However, if you set the
text angle to -45 degrees and apply a border to the cells, the border
will also angle, so perhaps that's what you remember.

For freezing that row, see Freeze Panes in XL Help.

In article <cmg.1au2d6@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 cmg <<cmg.1au2d6@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> I have seen this many times, but am unfamiliar with how to make it work.
> I wanting to angle a top row with headings at -45 degree angle.  Not
> only the text, but the cells also.  I would then like for that row not
> to scroll.  I only want the date below to scroll.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
8/11/2004 6:31:40 PM
Thanks for the help.  That is exactly what I was looking for.

Much appreciate

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

copy a row of data to a column in another workbook?
I am trying to get the data i enter into my charity subscription workbook, to be automatically updated in my gift aid register (workbook) so that i do not have to input twice. The data is entered into the subs register in rows and the gift aid register is entered in columns. Any ideas would be appreciated. hi, =('H:\CodeStuff\[ConnectPaths.xls]Sheet1'!D4) a formula like this in your gift aid register wb will draw the data over from your charity subscription wb. I don't know your file paths so you will have to change it to fit your set up. in the gift aid register wb, put the ...

Unhiding Protected Rows and Columns? is it possible?
I have a workbook with a number of worksheets that all interlink. I have protected a number of cells in one of the sheets. the problem arrises in that the unprotected cells cannot be hidden or indeed unhidden when the sheet is protected. Is there a way I can protect cells whilst still keeping the formatting ability to widen / hide rows etc. thanks -- guilf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ guilf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39...

non

vertical scroll bar
I cannot seem to view my vertical scroll bar. I've gone into my options and it is selected to view this but for some reason it's not showing. I can only view so far. Can anyone help? -- Jill Any chance that the window is a little off center, so that the scroll bar is just out of view? I'd try (in xl2003 menus): Window|Arrange|tiled and resize the way I wanted Jill wrote: > > I cannot seem to view my vertical scroll bar. I've gone into my options and > it is selected to view this but for some reason it's not showing. I can only > v...

Setting a row to stay on top
What I would like to know is how to have a row that stays the first row, when I scroll down, so that whatever page I am on, and no matter how far down I am on the page, I can see the subject of the columns I am filling in (for example: name, address, city, state, zip, etc). Any help would be awesome!!! tim Assume your col headers in A1 across Select A2, click Window > Freeze pane -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "timmyc" wrote: > What I would like to know is how to have a row that stays the first row, when > I scroll down, so that ...

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

Outlook 2003 notes scrolling
Is there any way to get Outlook 2003 Notes to have scroll bars or scroll in response to the mouse wheel? Nope, not possible -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Ric" <riiiiiic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23TWMxe$cEHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get Outlook 2003 Notes to have scroll bars or scroll > in > response to the mouse wheel? > > ...

any way to bypass Excel Limit of 255 rows?
hello all I have a data range that is over 600 rows deep, and would like to build one line chart which is based on selections using autofilters. I don't want everything charted (as I'm filtering), but I can't create the initial chart as there's a max limit of 255 rows. Any ideas anyone? cheers griff ...

NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign
What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor? I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0) (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a runtime error (we have not had yet)) Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it? PS I have a < > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items assigned to the < > blank tax id I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS ex...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...

find biggest numbers in row
Is there a way in excel to scan across certain columns, per row and find the highest value? EG: Col1, Col2, Col3, Col4 24, 88, 77, 66 32, 72, 21, 88 11, 98, 12, 29 I want it to only look at Col1 and Col3 and return the highest value and place it at the bottom of my sheet. So it would have found 77, 32, 12 Try this: =MAX(A:A,C:C) -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Joe" &l...

How to implement scrolling in status bar?
Platform: Windows 2000, VC++ .NET Hello, In my MDI application, I am working on displaying a document's complete detail information on the status bar.However if the detail is too long then user is unable to read whole detail as there is no provision for scrolling in statusbar.Is there some way I can support scrolling in status bar. Any pointers or help would be of great use. Thanks and Regards Rinku. You can do this but you will need to do it all yourself and make sure you dont conflict with ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI stuff if you are using indicators. I personally would not do this. Inste...

reselect row
Hello, How can I re-select a previous selected row in a list control ? please note that since the list gets refreshed so it loses the row which was focused before. Thanks in advance, Smith JSmith wrote: >Hello, > >How can I re-select a previous selected row in a list control ? please note >that since the list gets refreshed so it loses the row which was focused >before. Before you refresh the list, determine the index of the selected item. After you refresh the list, select the item that now has that index. If you want to select the same item, and that item could've m...

mail from non exsiting user accounts
Hi, I have one exchange 2003 cluster server. and the email address configured as user@corp.ho.com. We are not using it for external mails. one of our IBM AIX user is able to send mails to anybody in my exchange server eventhough he is not having mail account in the windows 2003 domain. if u check the ID of the sender u will see that he is also using the same domain name ie @corp.ho.com... How can i stop others who do not having account in exchange to send mails to my domain. thanks BM Uncheck "Anonymous access" from SMTP virtual server properties | Access | Authentication and r...

Pull Data From Non-Default Calendar
Hello, I am running Outlook 2003 and I have a macro that pulls data from the default calendar. I created a new calendar named "Instructor Schedule" which is a subfolder under Calendar. I would like to change the code so that the data is pulled from the new calendar. Currently I am using the following code. Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items What change would I need to implement to get my desired results? Thanks. Regards, Chris -- Regards, Chris Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders.Item("Instructor Sch...

non project time
I am using MSP2007 for several projects en use a resource planning. The problem I have is that 1) the people have 8 hour working days but are not working 8 hours on the project. I can simply change the working time per person (it is different per group) but when I ad vacation as a task (next problem) MSP is not using the 8 hours but the adjusted time. This means that the vacation days are shorter than actual. 2) how can I use the non working time and make it visible in the Gantt Chard, like individual vacation and the non project time per day. 3) when adding vacation in the res...

Automatic Insert Rows VBA
A Very Good Evening All, I have a macro that runs: advanced filter/copy to another place/unique, between two worksheets (Column A in each worksheet being the identfier; worksheet1 is source data,with duplicates of identifiers; worksheet2 is formula driven from the sum of the unique identifiers in Worksheet1) However...I would like the macro to automatically extend the rows in worksheet2, to accommodate the ever increasing rows of worksheet1 Here is my specific code worksheet1 = "Invoice Record" worksheet2 = "General Report" Sub CommandButton1_Click() ' A...

Insert Automatic, Non-Updating Date Stamp
I use an Excel invoice to bill clients. Currently I have an Invoice Date field which is populated by the =TODAY() function. That's good. However, if I open the spreadsheet down the road and accidentally recalculate, the Invoice Date field is updated with the current date. That's not so good. Is there a simple macro I can use that Inserts the date when the document is created and then terminates? Something, I guess, that calls the TODAY() function and then pops the resulting date value into the appropriate cell. I know I can just use CTRL+; to insert the date manually but I'm shoo...

finding last non empty cell in a column #3
FYI - The column could be any column not just B -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26238 ...

Conditional Hide/Unhide Rows
I am working with a workbook that has one worksheet only. I want all rows visible when the user opens the file. However, In cell B10, I have a drop-down list I'm generating with data validation. The only values are YES or NO, and YES is initially selected. If the user selects YES, then I want the entire worksheet to remain visible. If the user selects NO, then I want to hide rows 11 through 50, and display an error message entered in row 51. Using previous posts, I've begun the code, but I know it's missing some things. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ...

Enable Non-Backorderable Items in POs (e.g. automatically cancel)
Enable identifying vendors and/or items to be non-backorderable from vendor. (e.g. automatically cancel non-received items) Many vendors do not backorder items. If an item is ordered and not shipped, it must be reordered. The current system requires the PO to be Edited so unreceived items are cancelled. This is an extra step and one if missed, is bad. For example, when an item is not received it remains in "released" status, which means the PO generator does not suggest a reorder. yet the vendor isn't going to ship. We face stock shortages and lost sales. In a busy environ...

Unable to select rows in the repeat rows on top option
I am unable to select rows to repeat on top. The option is not grayed out, but when I click the button on the end, to make it possible to slect rows I am not able to select any rows. It is with every file, sheets are not grouped and I am not going to the page setup from the print preview. Any idea? What happens if you attempt to key in the row numbers into the box rather than select them? Try typing: 1:3 HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am unable to select rows to repeat on top. The option is not grayed out, >but when I click the button on the end, to m...