No calculation on new machine

I run XP Home with Office 2002

I have just installed my programs to a new machine.

Excel is behaving differently on the new machine:

Observed so far:

i) I cannot select a cell by moving with the arrow keys.

ii) I can insert  a calculation, SUM for instance, into a cell and I
get a 0.00 result.

iii) Format > Cells provides three options, Border, pattern and
protection. The old machine additionally gave me number, alignment and
font.

What have I miised?

Thanks,

Robin Chapple
0
robinsky (18)
8/28/2004 9:31:33 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Robin,
Check your status bar that you do not have SCRL on the
right side to indicate Scroll Lock  (there is also a keyboard light).

Make sure that  you do not have  Transition navigation Shortcuts
checked   in  Tools, Options, Transition  -- you don't want any
of those options checked.

Don't know what you have done for the last item, but
what you get is dependent on what you can enter
For instance from the formula bar the only Format you
have available is  Font.   Perhaps there are more protection
options in Excel 2002 than my 2000,  see if you have
Tools, protection,   ...anything..   turned on.
---
HTH,

"Robin Chapple" <robinsky@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:1cu1j0d4dgdsehn566v14c8hqj95japnj0@4ax.com...
> I run XP Home with Office 2002
>
> I have just installed my programs to a new machine.
>
> Excel is behaving differently on the new machine:
>
> Observed so far:
>
> i) I cannot select a cell by moving with the arrow keys.
>
> ii) I can insert  a calculation, SUM for instance, into a cell and I
> get a 0.00 result.
>
> iii) Format > Cells provides three options, Border, pattern and
> protection. The old machine additionally gave me number, alignment and
> font.
>
> What have I miised?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robin Chapple

0
dmcritchie (2586)
8/29/2004 8:38:38 PM
G'day David.

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:38:38 -0400, "David McRitchie"
<dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote:

>Hi Robin,
>Check your status bar that you do not have SCRL on the
>right side to indicate Scroll Lock  (there is also a keyboard light).

That was correct. The cursor now moves.

>Make sure that  you do not have  Transition navigation Shortcuts
>checked   in  Tools, Options, Transition  -- you don't want any
>of those options checked.

None of those options are checked. I have now experimented and A1+A2
will add but SUM does not work.

>Don't know what you have done for the last item, but
>what you get is dependent on what you can enter
>For instance from the formula bar the only Format you
>have available is  Font.   Perhaps there are more protection
>options in Excel 2002 than my 2000,  see if you have
>Tools, protection,   ...anything..   turned on.

There are no protections turned on.

Many thanks so far,

Robin
>---
>HTH,
>David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
>Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
>
>"Robin Chapple" <robinsky@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:1cu1j0d4dgdsehn566v14c8hqj95japnj0@4ax.com...
>> I run XP Home with Office 2002
>>
>> I have just installed my programs to a new machine.
>>
>> Excel is behaving differently on the new machine:
>>
>> Observed so far:
>>
>> i) I cannot select a cell by moving with the arrow keys.
>>
>> ii) I can insert  a calculation, SUM for instance, into a cell and I
>> get a 0.00 result.
>>
>> iii) Format > Cells provides three options, Border, pattern and
>> protection. The old machine additionally gave me number, alignment and
>> font.
>>
>> What have I miised?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Robin Chapple

0
robinsky (18)

New elearning course
Since eLearning has recently been added to our enhancement plan as a way to learn more about GP, I would like to suggest a course regarding the new enhancements that are available with each new version of GP. Our users are very familiar with how to do their day to day jobs. But when a new version is introduced these new improvements are often missed because of lack of awareness. For example for GP version 10, could you offer an eLearning course on the new features so our users would be aware of these feature and more likely to use them. Also with an understanding of these new featur...

Allitcertkiller.co.uk study guides has new updates than Testking.co.uk
Allitcertkiller.co.uk study guides has new updates than Testking.co.uk ...

How can I move a menu to a new database?
Hi. I have made a menu of my own in a access database. I want to create a new database and copy table, queries and form from a old database but the menu I made is not coming to the new database. How can I include also the menu to the new database? Hannu Under Import, select the original db, and when the selections come up, click on Options. That will show you a checkbox for importing menus, etc. Damon "hanski" <lappalainen.hannu@luukku.com> wrote in message news:1183315800.017804.19890@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > I have made a menu of my own in ...

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

Build me a new Item Add Wizard
We are looking for a developer to build a custom item add wizard for HQ Manager. Specs are: One screen that shows entry form for: 1. Item Lookup Code 2. Description 3. Price 4. Cost 5. Margin% (it shows the % when Price and Cost are entered) 6. Quantity boxes for each store. (We have 3 stores. - This is different from others in that we enter qty at HQ before updating each stores. - We do not use PO or item receive check) Should be prefilled with 0. 7. Deptartment (dropdown) 8. Category (depends on which dept selected) (dropdown) 9. Supplier (DROPDOWN) 10. Barcode (dropdown wit...

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

New record added when debugging but not when running normally
This is weird. I was having a problem with a form writing to a table so I was running the debug to step through the code to see what the problem was. Once I figured it out and ran through the code again with the debug tool, the records added to the table correctly. Howevever, as soon as I turn off the toggle point and try to use the form, none of the data will write to the table....... Can anyone tell me what is happening here? On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:19:02 -0800 (PST), Opal <tmwelton@rogers.com> wrote: >This is weird. I was having a problem with a form writing >to a table so ...

How to protect a template but allow all changes to new documents?
I need the old "Read only" protection ie you can not edit the original but can save a copy under another name and then edit it. Does anyone know how this can be done in Word 2007? Background -- only read if you want to. I need to provide a template for use by a number of collegues. The documents which they will create (using File - new) must be capable of being editted But the template itself must be locked against changes to prevent corruption. In the past some collegues have opened the template in word and corrupted it instead of downloading the template to thier P...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Currency setup in new company
hello: I am trying to setup a new company, but can't get a currency established. Please see the movie below: http://faculty.rio.edu/campbell/gp90_rjc/rjc_bbal2.htm Thanks Richard Campbell Hi Richard, I assume you are only using one $US currency for the moment. Go to Tools->Setup->Financial->MultiCurrency and select your functional currency from there. You will probably have to set up a Reporting currency as well. Cheers. R. "Richard_J_Campbell" wrote: > hello: > I am trying to setup a new company, but can't get a currency established. > Please...

New user not added to TWO database
Hello, I've recently noticed that newly created users are not added to the TWO database when they are created in GP. This prevents the user from being able to log in (they get an error message saying to contact the system administrator). Is there a SQL query I can run to fix this problem? Thanks Josh Josh, No SQL. Go into Tools > Setup > User Access and add the user to the companies that you want them to access. -- Lyle U Josh Kandiko wrote: > Hello, > > I've recently noticed that newly created users are not added to the > TWO database when they are cre...

I don't have the rack diagram under file-new-network
I installed visio standard 2003 on my windows 2000 PC. When I follow the instructions for creating a rack diagram, I don't have the feature under File-New-Network. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Wes According to this page, it is in the professional version http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/prodinfo/diagramtypes.mspx#XSLTsection128121120120 al "Wes" <Wes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8553EF5-B6FB-4865-9148-849FD4A04EA7@microsoft.com... >I installed visio standard 2003 on my windows 2000 PC. When I follow the > instructions for cr...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...