Newbie question with Excel Hyperlinks

I know you can hyperlink to an image, but is there a way to change the
software that opens the image.?

Thanks in advance

--
Greg Eshleman
ETEMCO

0
GE
9/12/2007 6:46:26 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Sep 12, 2:46 pm, "GE" <geshlema at etemco dot net> wrote:
> I know you can hyperlink to an image, but is there a way to change the
> software that opens the image.?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Greg Eshleman
> ETEMCO
> 1370 Arcadia Rd
> Lancaster, PA 17601
> 717-393-9653 EXT. 15
> 717-299-9430 FAX

I think you would have to chenge that in Windows.  The hyperlink will
use whatever you have set up to open that type of file in your Windows
setup.  Example: MS word opens up .doc or paint shop pro opens
up .jpg.  You can set it up by going to control panel/folder options/
file types.  In there you can find the file type you are trying ot
open and select the program you want it to open with.

Hope this helps.

Paul S.

0
psilzle (9)
9/12/2007 6:51:33 PM
The images open in Microsoft fax and viewer on the computer, but when they
are opened via the hyperlink, they open in Internet explorer

"psilzle" <psilzle@bbei.com> wrote in message
> On Sep 12, 2:46 pm, "GE" <geshlema at etemco dot net> wrote:
>> I know you can hyperlink to an image, but is there a way to change the
>> software that opens the image.?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>> Greg Eshleman
>> ETEMCO
>> 1370 Arcadia Rd
>> Lancaster, PA 17601
>> 717-393-9653 EXT. 15
>> 717-299-9430 FAX
>

> I think you would have to chenge that in Windows.  The hyperlink will
> use whatever you have set up to open that type of file in your Windows
> setup.  Example: MS word opens up .doc or paint shop pro opens
> up .jpg.  You can set it up by going to control panel/folder options/
> file types.  In there you can find the file type you are trying ot
> open and select the program you want it to open with.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Paul S.

0
GE

excel add-ons

Multithreading Question
Hi, I am writing a multithreaded server application. I have written a class to handle thread(CThread , say) activities like creating, suspending, resuming threads etc. I have derived a class from CThread (CMainThread, say) and a class (CClientThread, say) to handle client connection which is also derived from CThread. In CMainThread class i am creating a thread and waiting for incomming connections. As soon as a connection came i am creating an object for CClientThread and call the function to create a thread and so on. code flow: 1. Start the main listening thread. 2. wait for a con...

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

MS CRM Certification question

How do I compare two lists of names in excel?
I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other. Is there any formula I can use in excel to highlight names that appear only in the larger of the 2 lists? Chip Pearson has information on finding and tagging duplicate entries in a list. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Jack the Cate wrote: > I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large > numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other. > Is there any formul...

auto file path update when excel sheet moved to another directory.
Hello, I've been working on a huge excel file for a while and I'm trying to make it easier to use. My problem is that when it is moved from the template folder to a working folder the formulas referencing a file in the template folder have their path changed in the formula and have to have the links updated. Since the file is protected it's impossible for the users to chance the source. It's wierd because it will still pull information, but if information is changed in the external data file the updated doesn't get ported over. I need some like the $ command to ...

Please help with Excel VB question
Hi, I'm trying to set a Name range in Excel through VB, by setting the name property when a specific cell in a worksheet is changed. The code is as follows: fred1 = CStr("=PL!$A$4:$E$" Worksheets("Control").Range("maxnumpass").Value) ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="numpasslist", RefersTo:=fred1 My problem is that the change is only active for the worksheet where I change the cell. Is it possible to ensure that this change takes effect across all worksheets in the workbook? Any and all help appreciated either in a reply to this post or on jgal...

Plot 3D data in excel
I need to plot borehole coordinates (x, y, z) axes that are determined using MS Excel. Can I use a Jon Peltier solution or would it be better to manipulate excel capabilities with VBA? You would be better off with an addin such as SigmaPlot - see www.spss.com best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "WYGMBP" <WYGMBP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A8D9E65-FA5C-47EE-89F7-E0F65C2964ED@microsoft.com... >I need to plot borehole coordinates (x, y, z) axes that are determined >using > MS Excel. Can ...

update trigger question
If I have something like this in an update trigger: if update(FirstName) or update(LastName) begin update n set FullName = i.FirstName + ' ' + i.LastName from Names n inner join inserted i on n.NameID = i.NameID end I only want FullName to update if either FirstName or LastName are updated. Here's my question. A batch update updates 50 rows in the table. Of the 50, only 20 have changes made to the FirstName or LastName columns. It's my understanding that the "if update()" ONLY allows 20 rows that fit the if update criteria to be updated in the...

Excel File #2
unable to open xls file from shortcut or explorer will only open from withing excel I have changed the options / general / ignore other apps still the same issue thanks in advance Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. ==== You tried the first, how about the second??? Mj wrote: > > unable to open xls fil...

Pasting HTML table with feet/inches column, excel changes it to da
I am copying a web page table with a roster into excel. The table includes one column with height x-zz where x is feet and zz is inches. Pasting to excel (there is no paste special option) this column converts to a date where 6-1 becomes 01-Jun, 5-10 becomes 10-May, and 6-0 becomes Jun-2000. 1) Is there a way to paste this information so that it is not converted to a date? 2) Is there a way to easily convert the date back to feet-inches? (It would be trivial if the even feet weren't changed to a different year.) 3) What is the easiest way to get around the problem? The best I have c...

Really simple questions re CSliderCtrl
Using SetSelection() I can get a CSliderCtrl to display a highlighted selection ... but so what? What use is it other than to look pretty? Which of the following is possible, and how do I do them? (1) Prevent the user from moving the thumb outside the highlighted range. (This seems to be what the documentation suggests that SetSelection does, but in fact it doesn't, the thumb can be moved outside the selection.) (2) Have the user change the selection. (The documentation seems to suggest this is possible, but I can find no combination of keystrokes or mouse actions that will do it.) -- ...

Newbie, accnts. payable & accnts.receivable sample DB
Hi guys, I�m running access 2003, windows xp pro SP2 I've been commission in my work to do a small application to track and report the accounts payable and accounts receivable movements, I'm not an accounting savvy person :(, does anyone know of a link or sample access database that can help me with the basic structure of the tables and reports?, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

multithreading question
I drive my game's physics engine using a simple loop running on its own thread. It invokes Thread.Sleep(1) when processing takes little or no time (under 4ms) to allow real time to catch up. For heavier loads the loop uses bigger timeslices, up to 20ms, with no sleeps. Since this is a multithreaded application, I decided to break out CHESS to test the object (render) buffer for problems. But CHESS hates Thread.Sleep() - it fails any test that hits one, calls it a livelock. I ended up switching out the original realtime loop with a high resolution multimedia timer, but I ...

Email Setup Questions
Howdy and Happy New Year! I just bought a new computer and I'm trying to set up Outlook. Other than logging onto work email using the internet from a hotel o at home, I've never used Outlook away from work. I have several different email accounts: Hotmail, AOL, and work emai (which uses Outlook). Is it possible to utilize Outlook to retrieve my emails from th separate accounts? Can I setup each of the folders for the differen email accounts all on the left side? After I set it up, how does Outlook know which account I'm using when send email? Hotmail? Work? I need h...

Visio Newbie
Hello all, this is my first time using Visio for drawing a floor plan and I have a quick question. Yesterday, (Using a tape measure) I mapped out the floor plan of an office my company might be moving into. I wrote everything down in Inches. Is there a way once I get a room shape kinda close to teh measurements, that I can manually type in teh length for each wall? if not in inches, at least in feet. For example, I have one wall that is 154 inches ( 12.83 ft) Then the next wall is 242 incehs( 20.1 ft) The opposite wall of the first measurement is 288 inches, third wall 100 inches, then 13...

General design question
hi! i'd like to design a class - let's call it CDrawObject - that is able to contain some data and draw itself. furthermore i'd like to have a class CDrawMultiObject that is derived from CDrawObject and can contain objects of type CDrawObject. i imagine to have the following situation: CDrawMultiObject -> base object (i.e. an object manager ) CDrawObject -> first element CDrawObject -> secound element CDrawMultiObject -> third element CDrawObject -> first element CDrawObject...

C++ / Access Newbie
Hi Folks... I have a small commercial package written in C++ (targeted to Windows platforms) that uses its own proprietary database. We are just starting to investigate the option of replacing our database with a commercial package, such as Access or MySQL. Can anyone recommend informative reading that provides details on programming C++ with either of these two databases? At this stage we have no (any I mean ZERO) experience such programming. Any information would be helpful: recommendations for Access over MySQL (or vice versa), sources of such comparisons, licensing considerations, OD...

Exchange newbie problem
Hi all; A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though they can get there mail just fine. We need to get the messages from this mailbox. Any ideas would be great -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it's a dry heat. you should be able to reconnec...

How will I do Excel user-defined function to extract letters from string
How will I extract letters from this string like... to: AB-123456-45 AB BCD-678901-23 BCD E-23454 E if I this bottom code extract numbers from a the same string: Function ExtractNum(rCell As Range) Dim iCount As Integer, i As Integer Dim sText As String Dim lNum As String sText = rCell For iCount = Len(sText) To 1 Step -1 If IsNumeric(Mid(sText, iCount, 1)) Then i = i + 1 lNum = Mid(sText, iCount, 1) & lNum End If If i = 1 Then lNum = CInt(Mid(lNum, 1, 1)) Next iCount ExtractNum ...

excel export available
I have a query that I wish to export the results to Excel. However, the Excel button on the Export Data tab is grayed out? It used to work. Any ideas of what makes the Excel Export unavailable? Thanks, Mike ...

Printing question
We are having an issue with LPR printing using our software in conjucntion with a Windows 2008 server which is preventing us from being able to flash images to a printer from our application. We use Universe, SB+ and SBClient and would use the DOS shell from inside SBClient to use LPR print commands to send the images to the printer, this has worked fine on all other Windows servers but not 2008. What happens is when you drop to DOS you can browse to the %systemroot%\system32 folder and do a dir but you cannot see LPR. If you do the same from a normal command prompt the file ...

excel 2003 not working when published to remote site
Using Excel 2003. Create a chart and have saved it as a web page and published to a remote share. When I save it locally, it works fine and is interactive,etc.. When I save it remotely and open the htm file in a web browser, it opens like the charting area but the data is not present. Gives error below in the pivot table that appears. Getting error The query could not be processed: o Error opening data file "file://\\remoteserver01\hassan\numbers_files\Numbers_Jan24_12558_cachedata001.xml". Any idea how to fix it ? I want others to access it remotely. Thanks ...

General Question
Is this the only way to get Outlook help without having to pay? There are lots of websites with information posted. http://www.slipstick.com for one. Of course there's always http://www.microsoft.com/outlook. And the online help files in Outlook. (Press F1) -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03c701c3a959$cafe41f0$a3012...

Excel Import Specification
I have a situation for which I’m not sure a solution exists. I have a database that imports data from several tabs in an Excel file into tables. The database then runs several queries based on the imported data/tables. My problem is that the code bombs if the Excel tab/sheet name does not match the name I’ve specified in my DoCmd: E.g., DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, tblname, FileName, True, sheetname *the “tblname”, “FileName”, and “sheetname” variables are populated from a table. The code also bombs when the field names being imported are...