New Drop-down lists failing

Hi, I'm working on Excel 2003, in a workbook with macros, radio buttons
etc. I've been trying to add a drop-down list using Data>Validation.
The validation info gets registered (only the data entered is a valid
input) but the drop-down list is not displayed (no arrow). Performing
the same procedure in a new spreadsheet on same workbook is successful
and drop-down arrow is displayed. Can anybody help me troubleshoot the
problem? What should I check?
Thanks

0
me_mywhy (1)
12/17/2006 3:37:07 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It is possible you have Tools>Options>View>Objects>Hide all selected.

This is a workbook only setting so does not apply across all workbooks.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On 17 Dec 2006 07:37:07 -0800, me_mywhy@yahoo.com wrote:

>Hi, I'm working on Excel 2003, in a workbook with macros, radio buttons
>etc. I've been trying to add a drop-down list using Data>Validation.
>The validation info gets registered (only the data entered is a valid
>input) but the drop-down list is not displayed (no arrow). Performing
>the same procedure in a new spreadsheet on same workbook is successful
>and drop-down arrow is displayed. Can anybody help me troubleshoot the
>problem? What should I check?
>Thanks

0
Gord

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

Auto select from a list
the Max() function will allow me to capture the maximum value in a column of data. Is there a similar function for text? Example: I have Projects Status file that contains varioius data about the project and a color code to provide a "stop light" indication of status. Project ABC consists of 4 ecp that are variously G, Y, R. At the ABC level I want to automatically show the worst level of status - in this R, because ecp3 is R. If ecp3 goes to G, then the rollup value would be Y because ecp2 is Y etc. I know that I could convert the values to 1,2,3 for G,Y,R and fix the problem. ...

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Attempting to creating a prioritized "to do" list
I'm trying to figure out how to post a bulleted list of "to do" items into excel that I can then prioritize and sort. An example follows - Project "A" work - Call Jerry K. to confirm transition to new phone system - Migrate Customer List into SAP - etc. - Project "B" work - Communicate leads information to field sellers - Schedule review date w/vendor -etc. I'd like to be able to copy the example above from word and paste into Excel as only two cells (Project A and Project B). I need to maintain the hierarchical structure of t...

Style available all sheets new or old

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

Coloring list item?
Using the MFC (in VS C++ 2003 .NET), is it possible to change the background color of a list item, not the whole list background, just a single item / line inside the list control (and NOT just highlighting it with a select message)? Or is it possible to change foreground color / text color? If the answer(s), are yes, then could an example be posted or a resource be pointed to? Any advice would help. I just really want some of the items of a list to *stand out* and to be different from other elements (and I would prefer not to just add an icon to differentiate differing elements). Thanks al...

Protected Worksheet And Lists
Is it possible to protect a worksheet that contains a list, and still be able to add rows to the list? (Excel 2003) Thanks, Mark I never thought about it but after a few minutes poking around it doesn't look to be possible. Even if you unlock all the cells in the sheet. -- Jim <Cuperman007@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1437ba9f-e2d6-43a5-818a-5c1921e80b38@f3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... | Is it possible to protect a worksheet that contains a list, and still | be able to add rows to the list? (Excel 2003) | | Thanks, | Mark Hi Jim Yes, I had also been trying various thing...

OWA Address List won't open
We have one user here (maybe more) who cannot open the GAL when using OWA. Clicking 'New' to create and email, then selecting the 'To' button gives the follow error: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Request Url: https://mail.mydomain.com:443/owa/forms/premium/DirectoryView.aspx?ae=AddressList&t=Recipients&a=Pick User host address: xx.xx.194.13 User: A.User EX Address: /o=My Domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=user SMTP Address: user@mydomain.com OWA version: 8.0.685.24 Mail...

New User has admin rights

holiday card list
I am trying to find a way to manage whether a holiday card was sent to or received from a contact each year. I downloaded something called holicard.exe, but I can't figure out how to use it. Can anyone help me? Thanks, Marlene There are instructions for using the holicard.exe file on the download page at the Microsoft site...what have you tried and what specifically are you having trouble with? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:13cc601c3c...

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

Expedia Map function fails
The map an address button found in the contacts view of Outlook 2000 now sends me to a Microsoft Website instead of sending me to Expedia. I've not been able to find anything in the KnowledgeBase on this. Has this function been disabled by Bill's minions or is there a problem with my Outlook 2k installation. The original URL was broken and no redirect was provided. No official fix from Microsoft yet, but there's a registry hack to make it work -- look here for instructions: http://www.poremsky.com/displaymap.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my...

new to old
hi, A web designing company has just done us a website, and part of it includes the database of our stock. They have written/created it on access xp, but we have only got and old version of access. Can we open/use/update files written in access xp on an older version of access? thanks very much jethro Hi Jethro, It depends. By default Access 2002 (XP) uses the Access 2000 file format, so if you have Access 2000 you may be able to use the database as is. However, if the database is in the form of an mde file created by Access 2002 it will be in Access 2002 format. Otherwise (i.e. if t...