need to get rid error message

Last month I tried to install Symantec's Winfax software on my XP Pro
machine.  For whatever reason, it kept crashing during the installation, and
I couldn't figure out a way around it.  Now whenever I first start Word or
Excel, I get an error message that says:

Compile error in hidden module:  WinFaxPrintAndMerge

I can click OK and it goes away, but what do I need to do to make it so that
message doesn't appear again?  In other words, how do I fix whatever it is
that it thinks is wrong?  Any help you can provide would be much
appreciated.  Thanks.

By the way, I'm using Office XP.  Thanks.

0
noway3941 (1)
9/22/2005 6:29:32 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If it's in a hidden module, I don't think you can fix it.

But you could just turn it off completely.

Look under tools|Addins for any Winfax addin that's checked.
close excel and...
Check your XLStart folder and move any Winfax workbooks to somewhere else.

--

Dave Peterson
0

I have never used Winfax, but this is what I would do:

Try to reinstall, there may be an option to remove/ repair.

Ensure your AVS is up to date and run a complete scan,

Download and run Spybot S&D with the latest updates.

Download and run Ccleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com) . Note this is
quite a brutal application and some of your default settings will
change.

Defrag your hard disc.

BTW if you are running an illegal copy of Windows XP there is no hope
for your machine.

Regards

Mike

If the version of WinFax is not compatible with your version of Word, you
will get such errors.

If the version of WinFax was created prior to Office XP, then I expect that
you will need to get a more recent version of Win Fax.

Also, do you really need WinFax?
Check whether the Windows built-in fax program is sufficient for your needs.

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.

0
kaikow (53)

Errors in Event Viewer
I have three errors in event viewer that occur during computer startup. How can I address these? 1) Event Source=Dhcp, ID=1002 Description: The IP address lease 192.168.1.21 for the Network Card with network address 00508D8287D7 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message). (note: The computer is connected by Ethernet cabling) Comcast cable --->cable modem --->Netgear router --->computer (The error is obviously related to the router but the signal should be just passing through the router.) 2) Event Source=Service Control Man...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

SEARCH ERROR
Something strange has started to happen with IE8. When i put something in the search bar it has started to come up with a page full of what looks like chinese. i'm also having a problem editing the church website since the site's been upgraded. However it has been tried with IE8 on 6 other computers but won't work properly on my laptop. any ideas? Your computer is infected with malware. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est woodstockpeace wrote: > Something strange has started to happen with IE8. When i put something in the > search bar it has started t...

Excel need help

Help with IF stament (getting result FALSE in some cases)
Good morning everyone. I have the following calculation that is causing me a problem =IF(G109<70%,SUM(G90-G96)*AVERAGE('Base Data'!$I$31:$I$35,IF(G109>70.01%<99.99%,SUM(G90-G96)*AVERAGE('Base Data'!$H$31:$H$35,IF(G109>100%,SUM(G90-G96)*AVERAGE('Base Data'!$G$31:$G$35)))))) The 1st part of the formula (<70% ) is working and returning a value. However if the % is greater than 70% I am getting the result FALSE I'm sure it's a simple fix but cannot put my finger on it Any help greatly appreciated, Thanks Hi Mark, Apart f...

error 0x80040126 I can recieve emails but cannot send
I am getting the Task Error (0x80040126) when sending e-mails. Error message shows up, also says not connected to server. I can recieve e-mails, but error shows up every time. I've contacted comcast, but they assure that it is a Microsoft issue. BTW I have Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. Are you sure this error is associated with your Comcast e-mail address and not a Hotmail account? The reason I ask is that I am used to seeing this error with the connector that allows one to add a Hotmail mailbox to Outlook 2003. If it is the later, have you tried uninstalling/...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Get complete email message source from Outlook 2003???
Hello! I need to be able to simply copy/paste the COMPLETE source data from an email message recieved in Outlook 2003. I know I can get headers by using Options, but I need the complete message. In Outlook Express this is very easy. Select the message, view Properties, Details, Message Source button... Voila! I don't see how Microsoft could omit this in Outlook 2003! http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/view_source.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www...

Messages NOT deleted from the POP3 mailserver
Anybody knows the answer to this question? >I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the >option "Leave on the server" with the additional >option "Remove when deleted from Deleted items". This >doesn't work and none of the messages I receive are >deleted from the server and all remain there. When I use >other email tools, I don't have this problem. I have also installed service pack 3 and it still continues to have this problem. ...

Need help on this....thanks

I need Help

need help badly

how do i get my currect email account onto microsoft outlook?
i just deleted my trial of microsoft office. Now I have microsoft office xp with front page. i can't figure out how to get my email account set up on outlook. i have cable internet service. Please Help!!! acrowl <acrowl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i just deleted my trial of microsoft office. Now I have microsoft > office xp with front page. i can't figure out how to get my email > account set up on outlook. i have cable internet service. Please > Help!!! Your cable company can tell you that. It's usually a POP account so start with Control Panel>...

Need Help Despertly!

How can you get back a lost part of a document?
After typing 3 or 4 additional pages to saved document, I don't know what I hit but I lost all the added work. Is there a way to get it back? If the document has not been closed since the error - CTRL+Z (Undo) will restore the text. If the document has been closed and the changes not saved, then there is nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<...

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help