Need to duplicate (cut / paste ?) formulas but can't use $ (F4)

I have a massive array of formulas in three columns that I need to
duplicate to the next three columns exactly as-is.  I cannot use F4
b/c there are too many formulas to edit individually.

If I cut the original columns, I can paste the contents into the new
three cols, but I can't re-paste them back into the original columns.
This would be ideal, but I don't know how to do it.

Is there another way to exactly replicate the contents?

One other complication is that the target cells do not sequence with
the parent cells (rows = columns & vice versa; they're transposed and
nonsequential), so I can't do a typical trick like inserting new rows,
offsetting them, copying/pasting, then dragging them into the new
position.

Example:
    A      B      C
1 =D2    =D4    =D8
2 =C2    =C4    =C8

I need to replicate the above to
    D      E      F
1 =D2    =D4    =D8
2 =C2    =C4    =C8

Thanks,
Michael.
0
hojikuru (3)
8/20/2004 12:59:57 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try the following on a copy of your data:

Select the cells you want to copy
Choose Edit>Replace
   Find What:     =
   Replace With:  x=
Click Replace All

Copy the cells to the new location

Select the original cells and the copied cell
Choose Edit>Replace
   Find What:     x=
   Replace With:  =
Click Replace All

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
8/20/2004 3:05:38 AM
Works great!  Thank you Debra.
Michael Lambert
hojikuru@yahoo.co.jp

Debra Dalgleish <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message news:<41256A82.6040205@contexturesXSPAM.com>...
> Try the following on a copy of your data:
>
> Select the cells you want to copy
> Choose Edit>Replace
>    Find What:     =
>    Replace With:  x=
> Click Replace All
>
> Copy the cells to the new location
>
> Select the original cells and the copied cell
> Choose Edit>Replace
>    Find What:     x=
>    Replace With:  =
> Click Replace All
>

> hojikuru@yahoo.co.jp wrote:
> > I have a massive array of formulas in three columns that I need to
> > duplicate to the next three columns exactly as-is.  I cannot use F4
> > b/c there are too many formulas to edit individually.
> >
> > If I cut the original columns, I can paste the contents into the new
> > three cols, but I can't re-paste them back into the original columns.
> > This would be ideal, but I don't know how to do it.
> >
> > Is there another way to exactly replicate the contents?
> >
> > One other complication is that the target cells do not sequence with
> > the parent cells (rows = columns & vice versa; they're transposed and
> > nonsequential), so I can't do a typical trick like inserting new rows,
> > offsetting them, copying/pasting, then dragging them into the new
> > position.
> >
> > Example:
> >     A      B      C
> > 1 =D2    =D4    =D8
> > 2 =C2    =C4    =C8
> >
> > I need to replicate the above to
> >     D      E      F
> > 1 =D2    =D4    =D8
> > 2 =C2    =C4    =C8
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Michael.
0
hojikuru (3)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

recently used files
It's back! Opened Excel this morning and have no recently used files listed under FILE. This happens randomly and only affects Excel not Word. No maintenance preformed. No reboot. It was there when computer went into "drive off & monitor off" mode last night and no files listed today, its starting a new list. Excel 2000 on XP machine "suits my needs so don't suggest newer version please" Its aggravating, any thoughts on cause please SG On thought would be if you run programs such as AdAware when it is done, don't check the MRU list "fix" W...

What are .ifs files used for Exchange 2003?
I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise with the default install. So drive m should be disabled. Though I notice .ifs files popping up in the directory where the mailbox store is. The research that I found it that Exchange uses these files as temp files and the SA removes them when they are done. But I don't know how acurate the research is that I found. Does anyone know if this is normal operation for Exchange 2003? What does Exchange 2003 use .ifs files for? I have notice that one particualar .ifs file has not been removed for over a day. Thanks... Regan IFS - Installab...

Do I have to use Conditional Formatting or a Macro?
Hi All, I have a table like this: Value1 Value2 Value3 aq x 3 aa y 5 The cells under 'Value2' already have a ConditionalFormatting (with 3 conditions) to change the background color. I'd like to know if it's possible to apply a format (ie just border) to the entire row, and copy the ConditionalFormatting regarding the 'Value2' column, as soon as I insert a new record in 'Value1'. That is, when cells under 'Value' are not blank, then the row will have a border, and cell under 'Value2' has ConditionalFormatting...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Tab Duplication Issue?
Our client's PC is running OneNote 2007, SP2, on Windows XP, SP3. We run identical versions on his laptop, and share a OneNote notebook on a network drive, where both PC’s can access the file. OneNote will randomly hit an error where it creates new tabs for new data, and will not update changes from a tab from one system or the other. This generates two versions of a tab, and makes merging the data difficult at best. This issue is re-occurring, how do we prevent the tab duplication issue? Note: The share OneNote Notebook gets taken offline while he works on it and then he c...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

2 sumif functions in one formula
Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula and return the same results. If so, how would the formula be written? Thanks. Todd If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas? It would be good to give specifics with examples. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d201c3b391$f9f5ef20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula > and return the same results. If so, how would the formula > be written? Thanks. > > T...

Help with formula 12-17-09

I need Help

need help badly

adding columns past IV
Is it possible to expand columns in excel past IV? If so how? Can it go to ZZ? beyond?? Help Danno, Take a look at your other post in excel.worksheet.functions Sorry to say, a consensus has been reached and the answer is a resounding NO. Dan E "danno" <drobert@winnipeg.ca> wrote in message news:26b9201c38ea2$9185ff70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to expand columns in excel past IV? > If so how? > > Can it go to ZZ? beyond?? > Help Not in Excel "danno" <drobert@winnipeg.ca> wrote in message news:26b9201c38ea2$9185ff70$a601280a@phx...

Need Help Despertly!

sumif formula required
Hello I have only basic knowledge of excel and need a formula to extrac information. A B C Client Process Sqm CEK Fibre 100 RDF Gloss 200 ERF Emul 150 CEK Fibre 100 What formula should I use to extract all CEK clients who purchase th fibre process giving total sqm. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who...

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Summary of data using array formula
I have a spreadsheet where there are several columns with data using validation picklists as well as free-entry columns. I would like to create a summary of the data in the form of counts based on the existence of specific values in these columns with the ability to change the date range. I've created the array formula and have set up a 'startdate' and 'enddate' cells where the user can enter the range they're looking for. No matter what I do the value always reports a zero. I have used these types of array formulas before, however, not using date rang...