need to chart sum of 2 rows in worksheet

I have a worksheet in which I have 12 columns to represent the months and my
expense categories in the rows below. The last row is a Total row of all the
expenses above it. One of the values I want to represent in a 12-month line
graph is the Total row less the Misc Expense row. How can I graph this
without creating a new row in my worksheet to hold just this calculated
value? I'm very comfortable with writing macros if that's what it will take
to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Barry

0
bswedeen (11)
12/16/2003 3:45:59 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Graph
Hi, Here is the problem - There is a graph I have to create, based on the following information: I have projects names, and each project has the following data: 1. Estimated cost. 2. Actual cost. 3.Status, which can be one of 3: a. over with b. in progress c. per demand I need to put the data on a 3D column graph, in a way that each project will have 2 columns that compare estimated and actual cost, but the problem is I also need to put some kind of an attribute on every project which reflects its status. How do I do that? Thanks in advance, Chen. Chen - I'd suggest a 2D chart type in...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Extracting Data #2
Dear All, I need a help on data extracting... I have a data abt 12 col and 40 rows with header in each col. the header like --- Inv no, Inv Dt, Customer Name, amount, chq no Chq date etc.... there are mutiple records (ie. rows) for a customer, i want to lis all the records / rows pertining to a customer and make report in a diff worksheet. I can do this using advance filter, but if i change the the custome name resepective rows will not get changed dynamically, again i have to do the whole process of advance filter.. cud u plz suggest same other method so that records are dynamicall chan...

Text Values #2
I'm tryng to build a spreadsheet to track employee vacations. How do I sum 8 hours if a cell has a "V" entered and 4 hours if a cell has an "X" entered? Assuming you're using column A, and each row is either the number of hours worked, or a V or a X, then use a helper column, B, and insert this in B1 and copy down.......change the A1's to A2's if you have a header in Row 1, and put this in B2. =IF(A1="V",8,IF(A1="X",4,A1)) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Brando" <carpenterchsd@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1113...

Match value in one column and return value in same row in next col
Hi, I have a a set of values in A1 through A100. I need to look up each value and find a match in another set of values located in C1 through C200. If a match is found then I need the formula located in column B to return the value in the same row but the next column over (D). Example: A B C D 359 375 10012 456 125 10031 125 10031 952 10052 854 444 10017 The formula located in B3 should find that the value of 125 (located in A3) matches the value in C2 and returns 10031 which is the v...

Excel need help

charts #6
Hi, I have some 100-150 dates whose different datas have to be represented on line chart. So when i created same the chart made is small and cant be properly displayed. What i need is ome sort of scroll bars at ends so that at one time i can show say 10-15 dates' data and scroll to show others.... pl help... try this url http://www.andypope.info/charts/Scrolling.htm help <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0FE3172-2ACD-4D79-B08C-81327F961A2B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have some 100-150 dates whose different datas have to be represented on > line ...

Organisation Chart
Hi I've written a solution in VB 6.0 via visio 2000 that creates org charts and exports them to our intranet. I do it this way as i have more control over everything This works fine when you run it from the command line and you are logged in. (charts are produced and exported) But when i try to run it via an XML web service (using shell method) it just hangs, this happens when i try to bring in the organisation chart template, the server beeps (no event logs) and i only get an error when i go on the server and kill the visio task the web service is set up to run as an authenticat...

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Multiple Recipient Policies #2
I have a dilema. I have created (2) storage groups in Exchange 2003 SP1. I had my default storage group for a while but I wanted to start archiving. I allready had my maximum (4) mailbox stores on my default so I created a second storage group called "Archive Storage Group" with a single mailbox store also called "Archive". Here is my question; How do I set a retention (recipient) policy on my Archive storage group/user without affecting the default storage group? Currently my recipient policy deletes anything in deleted items older than 7 days. For my Exchange Archive use...

Chart apearing small for one user only
I have a situation where person one sends person two a excel 2003 document with a chart and person two can see the chart but it is rely small. Person one can send the file to other people and it shows up fine. Person two can send the same file to other people and it shows up fine. What is wrong with person two's setup? The zoom percentage on both computers for both people are always the same value. Person two can increase his and it seems as if it distorts the chart. When he sends that file to someone else it looks ok (not distorted) but very big. Please help. Thanks. Do...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Pivot Chart and combination with another chart
Is it possible to combine pivot chart and to input another one ? For example: I make one pivot chart - some item consumption every day but I need to input some target level to be reached .. it means how to combine these two charts to show how it is pivot chart reaching daily a target ? Thanks / Juraj ...

Help needed

Linking errors with MFC Dialog Based application and Crypto++ #2
* bump * Any suggestions? Please... * bump * -- Crocodil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Could you provide the linking error you have got! ...

chart "squaring"
I'm trying to "square" a chart... I mean: given 2 points (P1 and P2) with coordinates P1(x1,y1) and P2(x2,y2), I want set the vertical (y) distance between P2 and P1 equal to the horizontal distance between the points (on the monitor, in pixels). I start with a chart, and after drawing the chart (let's say with ..plotarea.width = k) I want resize it to fit my need. From a matematichal point of view, the problem is very simple. What I want is that: (y2-y1) -------- = 1 (x2-x1) So (y2-y1) = (x2-x1). Obviously you have to consider the value in pixel of both y2, y1 and x2,x...

2 sumif functions in one formula
Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula and return the same results. If so, how would the formula be written? Thanks. Todd If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas? It would be good to give specifics with examples. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d201c3b391$f9f5ef20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula > and return the same results. If so, how would the formula > be written? Thanks. > > T...

Need help on this....thanks

hide workbook behind chart
Hi, I am dealing with a pre-owned spread-sheet. It has nice charts in each worksheet; when looking at these charts the background of the worksheet is not visible - the chart appears to be "floating" in the workshhet . Whenever I add a new chart to the book (on a new worksheet) I get a chart sitting atop a grid of cells. How can I make my new charts pretty like the other ones? Bill... The "nice" chart you describe is not embedded in a worksheet, instead it is its own chart sheet. In step 4 of the chart wizard you have a choice whether to create the chart as an objec...

Filtering problem #2
Dear All, Is it possible to return results from the same row but within differen columns using a filter? I appreciate your help -- gaftali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47302 Hi there, Not sure what you mean there. Can you explain 'return results'? -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) "gaftalik" <gaftalik.1wdxqa_1128441903.0178@excelforum-n...