Need to change Autofilters behaviour in Excel 2003

Hello,

Does anybody knows how to change the color of the triangle arrow on the
column titles of autofilter ranges?
Presently, when a filter is put on one column, the arrow for this column is
changed from black to very dark blue.

I need to change this color, so that this becomes more visible.
At our office, my boss cannot make any difference between these two colors.
This is a problem for daily work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bertrand from Tokyo, Japan
0
Bertrand
4/21/2010 3:22:37 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

see response to your earlier posting
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Bertrand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anybody knows how to change the color of the triangle arrow on the
> column titles of autofilter ranges?
> Presently, when a filter is put on one column, the arrow for this column is
> changed from black to very dark blue.
>
> I need to change this color, so that this becomes more visible.
> At our office, my boss cannot make any difference between these two colors.
> This is a problem for daily work.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Bertrand from Tokyo, Japan
0
Roger

Excel 1997
I know, I know...... It's time to upgrade my microsoft office software, but right now I can't afford it. So I'm stuck still using my Office '97 edition. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any way to hide the contents of a specific cell so that when I printed the page the contents would not be seen. Does anyone know how I might go about doing that? Thx. You could change the colour of the characters in that cell to white, but don't forget to change it back or you will never see it on screen. -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply b...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

SIZE OF FILE CHANGED
Ive got an excel file that was 1mb in size. I then made a couple of small alterations and now the file size has shot up to 8.5mb. The file is going to be uploaded to a website and may take a while to load. Any ideas why the file size had increased so dramatically. Cheers Duncan Here are 4 things that often reduce the size: 1) Blanks. Edit>Go To...>Special...>Tick Blanks. This will give you a Idea of how much space your Worksheet takes up. Try to reduce th Blanks 2) Fileformat. File>Save As...>Select Save as type: Microsoft Exce Workbook (*.xls). If you use Microsoft Exc...

Excel need help

User changes last name
I have a network user with an associated mailbox. The user's name is jsmith and the Exchange alias is jsmith. This user has a new last name now, jjones.The user wants her email address to reflect the new name. She also wants to have any mail that goes to her old address forwarded to the new address. Can I just rename some things or do I have to create another userid and create the new mailbox and import all the email into the new mailbox and forward the old email to the new one. That senario would also cause the user to get a default profile on the desktop which I want to try to av...

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

My Outlook 2003 follow up flags don't pop up as reminders?
I have used ollow up flags extensively before on previous laptops and previous server systems, but for some reason when I set a reminder on an outgoing email on my current system it doesn't pop up at the set time and go into the reminders task schedule - any ideas? For Outlook 2003 and previous, flags only work for items in the Inbox. Outlook 2007 fires reminders for flagged items in any folders. You can make it work for previous versions of Outlook by using this add-in; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/slovaktech_extendedreminders -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coautho...

Excel 97 / 2000 Viewer
Is there a problem with installing this product when I already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? No -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays <jbeiting@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:059c01c3c647$2c87c9a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Is there a problem with installing this product when I > already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? ...

Need to test a mobo

outlook(?) changes email address upon sending
I have had trouble sending email to persons who have "netscape" as their email address. Somewhere in the process of sending the message, the word "netscape" is changed to "netescape" and the message is returned to me. This happens constantely. Any ideas? A bug? ...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

need help badly

Excel 2003 coding issue
I have a button, when pressed it will ask the user to select the email address from sheet 2, the problem i'm having is if I hide columns A, B and C it comes up with a debug error but if the columns stay visable it works? VB highlights the following: Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & _ "Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Please help. ...

I need Help

Change Font/Display Size???
Am running Money 2006 on Vista machine, where it was serving as backup for an XP machine. XP is having problems so have decided to make VIsta the primary. Is there any way to change the size of the display/fonts on the display to something larger? Too small for these tired eyes. I can change the desktop display size ,but then it screws up the display for every other program. Any help would be appreciated. TIA In microsoft.public.money, starrin wrote: >Am running Money 2006 on Vista machine, where it was serving as >backup for an XP machine. XP is having problems so have decided t...

calculating in a changing range
I am trying to find a maximum value in a range that will be changing (in starting position, and length). Here is an example, this is cells A1 to A13: 2 1 0 1 2 3 4 3 2 1 0 1 2 I want to find the max between zero points (In this case, there would be one max, and it would be 4). The number of zero points and the number of cells between them will change. Anyone have some idea of how to go about this, or anything to even get me started? Thank you! -- gkaste ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gkaste's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?...

Sort range changes during sort
After highlighting the columns and rows I want sorted, I select data and sort. At this point the sort range changes to include the entire row from A to IV of each row I selected. I've searched the options screen and help menu, but don't know why this is happening. Thanks in Advance. This is a complete guess--I couldn't duplicate what happened to you in xl2003. Do you have merged cells in that range? If yes, maybe that's the problem. coffedrinker2003 wrote: > > After highlighting the columns and rows I want sorted, I select data and > sort. At this point the so...

How do I Create backup of excel file in other folder
Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, but I have traffic in my working folder, so I need the backup files to be in other folder. Using VBA< you can use the SaveCopyAs method and specify the target. -- HTH Bob Phillips "khalid" <khalid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A442EDF2-66D9-4F8E-A36D-13CFE12A22F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. > I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, ...