Need sum in pivot table, not count

I have a spreadsheet which I'm trying to show the sum of each item, but the
pivot table wizard only gives me a count.  It will do a sum for each column
or row, but not each item.  I can do this in a snap if I import the
spreadsheet into access and run a crosstab query, but the folks that are
going to be using this cant use access.  here's a sample of my data:

Item          Amount          Month

A02214         0                  JANUARY
A056480015 0              JANUARY
A13              -348          JANUARY
A16EPG-AD   -2000      JANUARY
A18              -1950      JANUARY
A14RS          -20          FEBRUARY
A18              -3397      FEBRUARY
A18-F          -5000      FEBRUARY
A31EP-AD         0          FEBRUARY

and I'm trying to produce this:

Item                  JANUARY      FEBRUARY

A02214              0                      0
A056480015      0                      0
A13                      -348              0
A16EPG-AD     -2000                  0
A18                  -1950                  0
A14RS              -20                  0
A18                      0                  -3397
A18-F              0                  -5000
A31EP-AD         0                      0

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks.

--
moondaddy@nospam.com

0
moondaddy (4)
6/30/2004 3:11:18 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

moondaddy <mailto:moondaddy@nospam.com> leverde op 30 jun 2004 een
briljante bijdrage in <news:microsoft.public.excel>. Klik op deze link
om het bericht in zijn oorspronkelijke context te lezen:

> I have a spreadsheet which I'm trying to show the sum of each item,
> but the pivot table wizard only gives me a count.  It will do a sum
> for each column or row, but not each item.

Have you tried a Right Mouse Click on your Count field in the pivot table?
Third item from below in the context menu.

--
Amedee Van Gasse
http://www.amedee.be

Dit bericht is geplaatst in een nieuwsgroep. Post je evt antwoord of
vervolgvraag graag in dezelfde thread in de nieuwsgroep a.u.b.

Importing spreadsheet to a table from a button?
We recieve information weekly and sometimes more frequent then that. I have a access database set up with a table, queries and reports. What I would like to do is instead of having to manually go in and import the table to make it more user friendly to the folks that don't know how to use access that well. I figure this will have to be done through code to call the worksheets, but I would like to create a button on a form that when selected it will automatically import the spreadsheet directly to the table. If it has to call the wizard that still would not be as bad and navigating throug...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Importing Access 97 table into Access 2000
I'm trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 using the create an empty 2000 database and import from the 97 database. I have a copy of the 97 database on my machine and no one else has access to my machine much less the database. When I try to import the table from the Access 97 database, it runs for a while and then dies with: The Microsoft Jet database stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. I told Access to import the table definitions, the data, and the relationships. Does anyone have any idea wha...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Pivot Chart and combination with another chart
Is it possible to combine pivot chart and to input another one ? For example: I make one pivot chart - some item consumption every day but I need to input some target level to be reached .. it means how to combine these two charts to show how it is pivot chart reaching daily a target ? Thanks / Juraj ...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

How to emulate Footer with table
I'm using a third party software (Oracle's BI Publisher) that allows me to consume XML and generate forms using designed Templates in Word. It can make use of the native header/footer in Word to handle pagination nicely however some of the functions I need to use cannot be used within a Word footer. Is there a way to duplicate the properties of a footer on a table? For example, the table would need to anchor to the bottom of the page, not move with the text above and print on every sheet. My document currently consists of 2 seperate tables... the body content and the...

need help badly

I need Help

Ones in pivot table
Hello, I import my pivot table data from an external data source (MS Access query) and it displays like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count.jpg instead of showing values. If I double click on any of "2's", a new worksheet is generated showing me the actual values. How do I make the values show like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count2.jpg Brenda, Post a small table of your data: you probably need to change what data you are using in the pibot table, and change from count to sum for the fields. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Brenda Love" &...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Component Transaction Entry SQL Table, Mfg
I am writing a crystal report to show all the scrap transactions, I am looking for the table that has the Document Number, Date, etc, as well as the Note Index (next to the Pick Document Number. Can anyone tell me the SQL Table that is the Component Transaction Entry Header and if the 'Note' is stored in the Sy03900 table like the other Dynamics Notes, or if Mfg has its own note table? thanks! -- Doug Manufacturing does not have its own note table......not certain best table for scrap transactions..... "Doug" wrote: > I am writing a crystal report to show all t...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Which setting do I need to adjust
I've noticed that when using my default browser IE 8 and I click on a link that is suppose to start a download, it doesn't. When I click on the same link in firefox the download starts like it should. Can anyone tell me what setting in IE 8 is preventing the download from starting? on the page it says "Downloading: 50fpct-Just4freeplanet.com.rar | 34.7 MB" but in IE 8 it isn't downloading. It also isn't asking me if I want to allow IE 8 to download the file like it sometimes does. Thanks Shep wrote: > I've noticed that when using my d...

Need Help with Excel and Flagging Outcomes!
I’m using Excel 2007, and here is my question… I want to put a formula in cell C3 that looks at outcomes in cell B3. If the raw score outcome in cell B3 has the following values, I would like cell C3 to provide the following words: IF: THEN: B3=Blank C3=Blank B3= Greater than 0-1.9 C3=Definitely False B3=2.0-2.9 C3=Mostly False B3=3.0-3.9 C3=Don’t Know B3=4.0-4.9 C3=Mostly True B3= 5.0 or greater C3=Definitely True Thank you for your help! Hi This should do it: =IF(B3=0,"",IF(B3<2,"Definet...