Need help...getting #DIV/0!

My formula is

=if(sum(p6/o6)*100<=0,"",sum(p6/o6)*100)

The formula works fine if there are numbers in p6 and o6 cells.  If I leave
it blank I get #VALUE! and if i put a zero I get #DIV/0!.  Is there a
solution? Thanks for any help in advance.

0
compcoff (64)
11/25/2005 6:01:40 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Peter

Try
=if(o6="","",if(sum(p6/o6)*100<=0,"",sum(p6/o6)*100))

Regards

Roger Govier

Peter McCaul wrote:
> My formula is
>
> =if(sum(p6/o6)*100<=0,"",sum(p6/o6)*100)
>
> The formula works fine if there are numbers in p6 and o6 cells.  If I leave
> it blank I get #VALUE! and if i put a zero I get #DIV/0!.  Is there a
> solution? Thanks for any help in advance.

0
roger1272 (620)
11/25/2005 6:08:55 PM
Peter

You only have to check the "divide by" cell value.

=IF(O6="","",IF((P6/O6)*100<=0,"",(P6/O6)*100))

Note: you also don't need the SUM Function.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:01:40 -0500, "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>My formula is
>
>=if(sum(p6/o6)*100<=0,"",sum(p6/o6)*100)
>
>The formula works fine if there are numbers in p6 and o6 cells.  If I leave
>it blank I get #VALUE! and if i put a zero I get #DIV/0!.  Is there a
>solution? Thanks for any help in advance.

0
Gord
11/25/2005 6:20:40 PM
"Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote...
>My formula is
>
>=if(sum(p6/o6)*100<=0,"",sum(p6/o6)*100)
>
>The formula works fine if there are numbers in p6 and o6 cells.  If I leave
>it blank I get #VALUE! and if i put a zero I get #DIV/0!.  Is there a
>solution? Thanks for any help in advance.

Sign is all that matters - you seem to want only positive results. P6/O6 > 0
necessarily implies O6*P6 > 0 unless O6 = 0, but you want to exclude that
case too. Try

=IF(O6*P6>0,P6/O6*100,"")

0
hrlngrv (1990)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Migrating customers from CRM 3.0 to GP 9.0
Since the CRM <-> GP Connector was pulled with no release date in site, what is the procedure for migrating all our existing customers from CRM to Great Plaines? I can't believe we have to re-enter everyone and their contracts. Thanks, John I have been using Scribe software with great success for both Migration and Integration to GP 9.0 from MSCRM 3.0. I know it can be a little pricey but it does not need it's own server like biztalk did. Go to http://www.scribesoft.com for more information. Or you can contact me directly at bmeyer@cargas.com to get more information. -- ...

Get complete email message source from Outlook 2003???
Hello! I need to be able to simply copy/paste the COMPLETE source data from an email message recieved in Outlook 2003. I know I can get headers by using Options, but I need the complete message. In Outlook Express this is very easy. Select the message, view Properties, Details, Message Source button... Voila! I don't see how Microsoft could omit this in Outlook 2003! http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/view_source.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www...

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

how do i get my currect email account onto microsoft outlook?
i just deleted my trial of microsoft office. Now I have microsoft office xp with front page. i can't figure out how to get my email account set up on outlook. i have cable internet service. Please Help!!! acrowl <acrowl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i just deleted my trial of microsoft office. Now I have microsoft > office xp with front page. i can't figure out how to get my email > account set up on outlook. i have cable internet service. Please > Help!!! Your cable company can tell you that. It's usually a POP account so start with Control Panel>...

I need Help

need help badly

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

How can you get back a lost part of a document?
After typing 3 or 4 additional pages to saved document, I don't know what I hit but I lost all the added work. Is there a way to get it back? If the document has not been closed since the error - CTRL+Z (Undo) will restore the text. If the document has been closed and the changes not saved, then there is nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<...

CRM 3.0 and eMail from Outlook
I have a problem I need help solving. The has to do with the Outlook add-in for CRM 3.0 and email. When I get an email that I want to track in history for CRM, I select track in CRM and a reference item. THis part seems to work fine except that it puts the email in my "Assigned" My work queue. I can not delete this item from the queue without it also deleting it from the history for the specified reference. I can not mark it complete. How can I get it out of the queues while leaving it in the history? I have seen other remarks in the news group regarding this but never a r...