Need help with wrapping text

I am trying to show this text by using the wrap feature. This works i
other cells in my spreadsheet but not this one. Can someone tell me wh
it is not working or what I can do to show this text wrapped. I hav
copied it to a new sheet to attach it to this post for you to look at.

Thank

             Attachment filename: excel problem.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=54733

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

GetGo

Format the cell as General with Text alignment Horizontal: General and
Vertical: Top

Worked for me

Regards

Trevor

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=547333
> ---

Trevor9259 (673)
5/17/2004 9:15:11 PM
Trevor Shuttleworth Thanks  for the help it worked. This was a littl
thing but it was bugging us.

Thanks again for your help...

You're welcome ... little things can mean a lot !

Regards

Trevor

"GETGO >" <<GETGO.16f5xy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Trevor Shuttleworth Thanks  for the help it worked. This was a little
> thing but it was bugging us.
>
> Thanks again for your help....
>

> ---

Trevor9259 (673)

Text prediciton
How can I stop excel completing text when I enter data e.g. if a line above says "study day" I enter the line below "student" when I enter "s" it will automatically enter "study day", how do I stop this? Hi, Tools>Options>Edit tab - uncheck 'Enable AutoComplete for Cell Values' HTH Martin Thanks Jason "MartinW" wrote: > Hi, > > Tools>Options>Edit tab - uncheck 'Enable AutoComplete for Cell Values' > > HTH > Martin > > > Boenerge, You may know this, but when the autocomple...

AUTO TEXT | switch off
in Calendar after I update a meeting, the shared calendars show the following auto-message, which I want to switch off "The contents of this message have been updated....". I don't think you can do that in Version 2007. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "Shevvie" <Shevvie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E76000B4-D637-4E65-985A-7DCD91176EFA@microsoft.com... > in Calendar after I update a meeting, the shared calendars show the > following > auto-message, which I want to switch off ...

Help. Log files are killing me. Exchange 2000
I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have another empty 36GIG drive. I did not realize that log files take so much space. I only 3 GIG of free space left. 1. How can I move the log files to my empty drive? 2. How can I delete these files w/o any problem on Exchange? I mean almost 20GIG of log files in one day. Give me a break. 3. Is there a way to do that automatically. Thanks, On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:19:49 -0400, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have >ano...

IIF function help in query
Hello, I have the following field in the query to look at a field PartDesc, if any of the text have a *BUSH* word, return yes, otherwise no. BUSH: IIF(PartDesc= Like *BUSH*, "yes","no") Why the Like *BUSH* not working? Thanks Because = and LIKE are two operators, a little bit like: 4 * / 3 would mean what (multiply followed by divide)? Probably better to remove the =, in this case: BUSH: IIF(PartDesc Like *BUSH*, "yes","no") Vanderghast, Access MVP "Cam" <Cam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Formula Help Needed #3
I'm creating a volunteer list for a nonprofit group I belong to. I've been experminting with counta, dcountf, countif, ect...., but no luck yet. On the first worksheet I have all of the volunteer's names, phone number's, ect... Columns are the catagories and the rows are the volunteers. There is a series of four columns representing shifts. The column immediately following the shift columns indicates which work area of the event they have volunteered for. This column is validated and has a drop down list of predetermined choices. Currently I'm trying to create a table l...

Help needed to run macro
Argh!!! I think I may have created a macro to resolve an earlier problem, but when I try to run it I get... 'Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level.' How can I get my macros to run on my machine, where they are created, without compromising security? I've found and run selfcert.exe but it hasn't made any difference. Do I need to do anything else to make this effective? I'm a novice at this so step ...

Help with macro looping and color query function
I have been struggling to get a macro together to perform some tricky coloring functions. With the kind help of a number of people in the 'Excel Worksheet Forum' I have got close to achieving something which works but need help to get the macro to run. Here is where I have got to: The following is an example macro, kindly provided to me by Paul who has been helping me in the worksheet forum: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 19/05/2005 ' ' mycell = Range("A1").Value mycolor = Range("C1").Value Sheets("Sheet2...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

ask help for DLL Export Library Definition File
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I build an MFC App which call a MFC Extension DLL that has implemented some API, but I don't know where is the problem, in DLL, in dll def file or in MFC App? the API like this: ___________________________________________________ head file extern "C" AFX_EXT_API long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ); cpp file extern "C" long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ) {....} and its def file like this: __...

need short cuts in the find option
I no that there are short cuts when using the find option. example i want to find everything at the end of the text in a cell like the word CORE and the begining of every word is something difrent like #'s. I no that you can insert something so that it will look at the end of it... does that makes sence???? arrggg i hope so LOL maybe looking for *core will help you find all the cells that contain values that end with CORE. The asterisk is a wildcard. Trisher75 wrote: > > I no that there are short cuts when using the find option. example i want to > find everything at t...

Exporting to MS DOS Text file
I have an Access Report which I am using to create a text file for upload into a 3rd party application. When Access exports the text file it is creating a carriage return (i.e., empty row) in the first row of the created text file thereby making the file incompatible for upload to the 3rd party. Is there a setting I need to select to prevent this from happening? Any suggestion you may have would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help! Regards, ...

Help! Extract the subject of all mails in outlook to a text file
How can I extract the information, such as subject, sender, time of all the mails in my Inbox into a text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Switch to a table view that contains all the fields you need the information from, select all items, and press CTRL+C to copy. You should be able to paste the data in columns into a text file. Note that not all available fields will copy in this manner, but the ones you mentioned should work. -- Jocelyn Fior...

Formatting Cells Containing Date Fields That Are Text
Someone here at work imported into Excel a column of text data that looks like mm/dd/yyyy form but need to be mmddyyyy. I thought I could simply highlight the columns, click on Format/Cells/Custom and create mmddyyyy. I do this but the data doesn't change UNTIL I highlight each cell and press F2 or double-click in each cell or create a formula using Right, Mid, etc. When I press F2 or double-click, I notice that an X and a check mark both appear to the right of the Row/ Column box. There's got to be an easier way to do this besides 'onesie-twosie' but we can't figure it...

Need Help With Formula #3
I'm trying to set up a formula using values on one worksheet to sum up values on a second worksheet. The first worksheet has these 3 columns, A, B and C where A has these team/unit numbers (often repeating), B has one of 5 text values, while C has a yes or no value aka "accepted" or "rejected". Referring to sheet one, on the second sheet, one formula sums up all the times that a team/unit has a value in B other than " ". The second formula sums up all the times that a team/unit has "Accepted" in column C. I haven't been able to figure this o...

easy way to delete all rows with no text in them?
I just took on a client who sends me a multipage spreadsheet weekly with movie times for his 10 theatres. My guess is he just deletes the information from the previous weeks row and adds a new row. His sheet really only needs about 16 columns and maybe 20 rows. The sheets he sends have upwards of 1500 rows and columns. Many of the rows are in between the actual text rows as well. I convert this to a webpage and post to his site. Problem is the sheets are so large they take forever to clean up (in GoLive) and much too long to do by hand. Is there an easy way to delete all rows with no text in...

The spacing between lines of text is not uniform; how can I fix it
Occasionally, lines of text within a paragraph end up unevenly spaced (this has happened in Word and in Publisher). I've checked to make sure the defaults were set to even spacing (e.g., 1 space between lines) and they were. What else can I do to fix this problem? As it stands right now, I think the document looks somewhat sloppy because within just one paragraph I think I have 3 differently-sized spaces between lines. ...

How can I convert a number to english text in Excel
Is there a way to convert an certain number, to english text in Excel. For eg. An invoice total of $1000 shoul also appear in words (Dollars One Thousand) Hi, See the following: http://longre.free.fr/english/ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;140704& http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;213360 http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip Also check out the following add-in by astien Mensink http://www.asap-utilities.com/ Super utility one of the functions converts numbers to text lik...

Need help for multiple entries
Hi I want to be able to put say the letter A in column A-1 but want a formula that wil also put the same letter A in like 6 more times for instance B-2, C-3, D-4, E-5,F-6,G-7. All with just the one entry in A-1. Thanks Karl Karl Put this formula in all the cells you want to match your input cell. In this case A1. =A1 Now when you enter anything into A1 it will show up in all cells that have your formula Mike Rogers "Karl" wrote: > Hi I want to be able to put say the letter A in column A-1 but want a formula > that wil also put the same letter A in...

ask for help for RegQueryValueEx in Window me
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I try to use RegQueryValueEx in Windows me, and return value is ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER but same code run prefectly in Windows 2000. PHKEY hLocalKey; LPCTSTR lpSubKey= "SOFTWARE\\PassThruSupport\\Vendor1\\Devices\\Device1\\"; LONG KK=RegOpenKeyEx( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, lpSubKey, 0, KEY_ALL_ACCESS , hLocalKey ); lpValueName="COM Port"; *lpType=REG_SZ; LONG JJ=RegQueryValueEx( *hLocalKey, lpValueName, NULL, lpType, lpData, lpcbData ); ...

Formula Help #58
I can't seem to remeber how to do this simple formula... I know that 661.2 is 11% of X number. How do I figure out what the total of X is? Thanks! -- babz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ babz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27810 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473177 Hi, maybe X=661.2/11*100 J -- pinmaste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Entourage help 12-28-09
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Moved to Office 2008 and use Entourage for email. Was crashing quite often, call Microsoft and rebuilt data base and then crashes weren't so often but still crashed a couple of times a day. Microsoft called and suggested uninstalling Office 2008 and then re-installing. I questioned them about losing data, said no problem. So I did and now it won't open at all, seems there's a data base problem. Spent a couple of hours on phone trying the changing Office 2008 Identities from Ti...

incredimail needs Outlook to restart..and restart...and restart....
I am using the Outlook 2002, and Incredimail add-on. But now when I open Outlook, I get a window saying "Before Incredimail for Office-Outlook add-on can be used, Outlook must be restarted. Would You like to restart Outlook now?" And when I say Yes to this, the same thing happens, everytime. If I say No, Outlook starts, but the icons concerning Incredimail, is not there anymore, so I cannot use/choose anything from Incredimail. However, the standard "butler" comes up and announces, when emails arrive. I have tried totally to remove Incredimail from my computer, vi...

logons section within ESM help
I am running a user count from performance monitor, it says we have 200 user connected. When I go to the ESM > to the Mailbox store the logons it shows me all the user connected. Problem is (like other users) it says I'm conncted about 15 times, there are 10 on differnt days saying the client I used is HTTP (OWA) and the other 5 are Client 11.0.8000 (Outlook 2003) and these are all for today. What does htis mean, surely the HTTP ones shouldn't be there as I'm not using OWA today and I should only have one instance in there as I'm only using Outlook 2003 ? Thanks i...

Need some help with excel spreadsheet...
I'm running excel 2003 on a winxp pro machine. I have a spreadsheet with the following information. Cust Number, Cust Name, Inv Num, Inv Date, Description, Amount There are many invocices per customer number. The date appears as 1YYMMDD. There are a couple of things I would like to Change. I want to change the date to MMDDYY format. I want to add the amount on the invoices and have the following per customer numnber: Cust Number, Cust Name and a Total amount from the invoice amount. Instead of having one 5 lines for 5 invoices for 1 customer number I want to have 1 customer number an a ...

Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
Hi I am upgrading our server to Windows 2003 either Standard or Enterprise. I know that I want Exchange 2003 Enterprise because we have the Standard version at the moment and are about to hit the 16GB limit. Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise? What will Windows 2003 Enterprise give me that Standard does not? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. No you don't. You would only need Windows 2003 Enterprise if you are planning on doing clustering. I'm sure there are some other things it will get you, but clustering capability is one of the big additions. -...