Need help with PASTE_SPECIAL-VALUES

Is there a formula that allows you to copy an array of cells an
paste-values these cells into a different array automatically?  If no
please read below...

When importing large tables of numbers from the internet, I tried to d
everything I knew to do to get Excel to recognize them as number
(formatted the cells as numbers, multiplied the cells by 1, and =i
cell>0,cell,"0" but none of these change its format.

After importing data from the internet, it does not allow me to sor
the cells unless I copy/paste-values it first.  Maybe there is anothe
way to also get around this; do you know?  Since this is just one par
of my large worksheet, I am desperate to find a way to do thi
automatically after copying the data from the net.  If you have AN
ideas please let me know how I  can get the numbers sorte
automatically.

Thank you kindly, Car

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You might have extra spaces in your cells--or even those non-breaking spaces
that the HTML coders use.

David McRitchie has a macro that can clean up this stuff:
(look for "Sub Trimall()")

If you're new to macros, you may want to read David's intro at:

"kihmca1 <" wrote:

> Is there a formula that allows you to copy an array of cells and
> paste-values these cells into a different array automatically?  If not
> please read below...
>
> When importing large tables of numbers from the internet, I tried to do
> everything I knew to do to get Excel to recognize them as numbers
> (formatted the cells as numbers, multiplied the cells by 1, and =if
> cell>0,cell,"0" but none of these change its format.
>
> After importing data from the internet, it does not allow me to sort
> the cells unless I copy/paste-values it first.  Maybe there is another
> way to also get around this; do you know?  Since this is just one part
> of my large worksheet, I am desperate to find a way to do this
> automatically after copying the data from the net.  If you have ANY
> ideas please let me know how I  can get the numbers sorted
> automatically.
>
> Thank you kindly, Carl
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Graph
Hi, Here is the problem - There is a graph I have to create, based on the following information: I have projects names, and each project has the following data: 1. Estimated cost. 2. Actual cost. 3.Status, which can be one of 3: a. over with b. in progress c. per demand I need to put the data on a 3D column graph, in a way that each project will have 2 columns that compare estimated and actual cost, but the problem is I also need to put some kind of an attribute on every project which reflects its status. How do I do that? Thanks in advance, Chen. Chen - I'd suggest a 2D chart type in...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Text Values #2
I'm tryng to build a spreadsheet to track employee vacations. How do I sum 8 hours if a cell has a "V" entered and 4 hours if a cell has an "X" entered? Assuming you're using column A, and each row is either the number of hours worked, or a V or a X, then use a helper column, B, and insert this in B1 and copy down.......change the A1's to A2's if you have a header in Row 1, and put this in B2. =IF(A1="V",8,IF(A1="X",4,A1)) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Brando" <carpenterchsd@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1113...

Match value in one column and return value in same row in next col
Hi, I have a a set of values in A1 through A100. I need to look up each value and find a match in another set of values located in C1 through C200. If a match is found then I need the formula located in column B to return the value in the same row but the next column over (D). Example: A B C D 359 375 10012 456 125 10031 125 10031 952 10052 854 444 10017 The formula located in B3 should find that the value of 125 (located in A3) matches the value in C2 and returns 10031 which is the v...

Excel need help

New Address type picklist value not appearing in picklist on forms
Hi, I've customized my Customer Address form to add a new AddressType value of "Registered Office"; value is 6 and I can see it when I go into the form customization editor. However, when I try to add a new address to, say, a Contact, this new address type value isn't shown. Ditto if I attempt to edit an existing address. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. -- Michael Mayne Did you publish the forms and then issue an IISRESET? Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:21:04 -0800, ...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

need help badly

I need Help

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Need Help Despertly!

Find & replace a value in an unknown cell location
Is there a function I can use to find a text string in a particular column - say in column (H) for string 'Mytotal' to be replaced by 'Subtotal' when the cell location of 'Mytotal' is unknown only the column is known? And also is there a function that can find a certain value in a column then delete the row below the found value? e.g in column (H) find 'Subtotal' then delete the row below the occurance of 'Subtotal'. Help is much appreciated with this one? You can use MATCH to find where "Mytotal" is located, assuming you know either th...

Ranking range of cell with value only
I am ranking set of numbers (# of days worked) in a 10 cell column but the numbers of persons I rank differs from day to day. If I enter "0"(zero) on one of the cell, it ranks the whole ten cells. I have to enter Zero because that is the number of days worked. How can I enter the value of zero that does not activate the other blank cells? Here is my formula: =IF(ISNA(RANK(B5,$B$5:$B$14,1)),"",RANK(B5,$B$5:$B$14,1)) Thanks. -- cardingtr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cardingtr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

Plug in needed