need help with an excel spreadsheet

I have an excel spreadsheet where questions are answered in one area,
and the answers show up on a form in another area of the sheet that
gets printed. Instead of printing, how can I either email the print
area or have just the print area saved as a file? And, with a macro,
can the new file be named automatically by what's in a particular
cell?

Thanks,
Russ

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You don't say whether the recipient would need to edit the data. If not,
there are numerous programs available (free, shareware and commercial) which
enable print output to be stored as a PDF file.

Another option would be to copy the data (values only) to another workbook
and save that.
--
Ian
--
"russell" <russell1256@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an excel spreadsheet where questions are answered in one area,
> and the answers show up on a form in another area of the sheet that
> gets printed. Instead of printing, how can I either email the print
> area or have just the print area saved as a file? And, with a macro,
> can the new file be named automatically by what's in a particular
> cell?
>
> Thanks,
> Russ

0
me1 (409)

Excel 1997
I know, I know...... It's time to upgrade my microsoft office software, but right now I can't afford it. So I'm stuck still using my Office '97 edition. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any way to hide the contents of a specific cell so that when I printed the page the contents would not be seen. Does anyone know how I might go about doing that? Thx. You could change the colour of the characters in that cell to white, but don't forget to change it back or you will never see it on screen. -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply b...

Importing spreadsheet to a table from a button?
We recieve information weekly and sometimes more frequent then that. I have a access database set up with a table, queries and reports. What I would like to do is instead of having to manually go in and import the table to make it more user friendly to the folks that don't know how to use access that well. I figure this will have to be done through code to call the worksheets, but I would like to create a button on a form that when selected it will automatically import the spreadsheet directly to the table. If it has to call the wizard that still would not be as bad and navigating throug...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

Excel need help

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Excel 97 / 2000 Viewer
Is there a problem with installing this product when I already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? No -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays <jbeiting@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:059c01c3c647$2c87c9a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Is there a problem with installing this product when I > already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? ...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

Excel 2003 coding issue
I have a button, when pressed it will ask the user to select the email address from sheet 2, the problem i'm having is if I hide columns A, B and C it comes up with a debug error but if the columns stay visable it works? VB highlights the following: Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & _ "Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Please help. ...

I need Help

need help badly

Excel embedded in email hangs Mac OS X email client
Hi, never seen this before but never really worked in a mixed environment before. We have a couple of users who use Mac OS X and the native email client. Whenever I send them something from Excel, it hangs their mail client. Doesn't matter if I send an XLS as an attachment or if I copy & paste a range out of a sheet. They have to do a Force Quit on the email app, then restart it and delete my mail without opening it. Both Macs have Office Mac installed, so MIME type is probably not a problem - or is it? Also, my current workaround is to do a Shift-Copy and paste into email...

My hide sheet option in excel is not working
My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out so I can not toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at Medium - would appreciate any insight into how to fix this. Is the sheet protected? You cannot hide a protected sheet. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "arleen" <arleen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B90F-6DDB-4DE6-9F5C-22C137FBE927@microsoft.com... > My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out > so I can not > toggle n...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...