Need a formula for multiple sums in a cloumn when rows vary

I am making a invoice I need a total for each truck, with a grand total at
the end. The number of rows for each truck in the amount column will vary. Is
it possible to have the text truck total to the left of the total?  A small
example below, there will be more entries under each truck and more trucks
also.

tr#     date            hrs rate   amount
 3       4/12/10       10  50      500
          4/13/10        5   50      250
                       truck 3 total   750

 4      4/10/10          1    50      50
                         truck 4 total   50

 and so on
          with  a  total invoice     850

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Cheryl

The Grand Total will simply be
=SUM(E2:E50)/2

assuming row 50 is the last row before your Grand Total
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Cheryl wrote:
> I am making a invoice I need a total for each truck, with a grand total at
> the end. The number of rows for each truck in the amount column will vary. Is
> it possible to have the text truck total to the left of the total?  A small
> example below, there will be more entries under each truck and more trucks
> also.
>
> tr#     date            hrs rate   amount
>  3       4/12/10       10  50      500
>           4/13/10        5   50      250
>                        truck 3 total   750
>
>  4      4/10/10          1    50      50
>                          truck 4 total   50
>
>  and so on
>           with  a  total invoice     850

0
Roger
4/21/2010 9:13:54 PM
Cheryl
I think the SUBTOTAL function will achieve what you require. You could try
Excel help for an explanation but Linda Johnson gives a step by step guide:
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=358

"Cheryl" wrote:

> I am making a invoice I need a total for each truck, with a grand total at
> the end. The number of rows for each truck in the amount column will vary. Is
> it possible to have the text truck total to the left of the total?  A small
> example below, there will be more entries under each truck and more trucks
> also.
>
> tr#     date            hrs rate   amount
>  3       4/12/10       10  50      500
>           4/13/10        5   50      250
>                        truck 3 total   750
>
>  4      4/10/10          1    50      50
>                          truck 4 total   50
>
>  and so on
>           with  a  total invoice     850

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Match value in one column and return value in same row in next col
Hi, I have a a set of values in A1 through A100. I need to look up each value and find a match in another set of values located in C1 through C200. If a match is found then I need the formula located in column B to return the value in the same row but the next column over (D). Example: A B C D 359 375 10012 456 125 10031 125 10031 952 10052 854 444 10017 The formula located in B3 should find that the value of 125 (located in A3) matches the value in C2 and returns 10031 which is the v...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Multiple Recipient Policies #2
I have a dilema. I have created (2) storage groups in Exchange 2003 SP1. I had my default storage group for a while but I wanted to start archiving. I allready had my maximum (4) mailbox stores on my default so I created a second storage group called "Archive Storage Group" with a single mailbox store also called "Archive". Here is my question; How do I set a retention (recipient) policy on my Archive storage group/user without affecting the default storage group? Currently my recipient policy deletes anything in deleted items older than 7 days. For my Exchange Archive use...

Trouble sending MULTIPLE emails
keep getting this error message The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sween67@twcny.rr.com'. Subject 'Maura's mother-in -law', Account: 'pop-server.twcny.rr.com', Server: ...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Display Multiple User Forms
Is there a way to display two userforms simulataneously. I have an application with about 10 data entry forms. I want to creat a navigation form that would always be open that would allow the use to jump from one form to another. How can I do this? Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have Excel2000 or later, just create modeless forms (ShowModal property = False) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ripan >" <<Ripan.103gp7@exce...

2 sumif functions in one formula
Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula and return the same results. If so, how would the formula be written? Thanks. Todd If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas? It would be good to give specifics with examples. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d201c3b391$f9f5ef20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula > and return the same results. If so, how would the formula > be written? Thanks. > > T...

Need help on this....thanks

Help with formula 12-17-09

I need Help

need help badly

sumif formula required
Hello I have only basic knowledge of excel and need a formula to extrac information. A B C Client Process Sqm CEK Fibre 100 RDF Gloss 200 ERF Emul 150 CEK Fibre 100 What formula should I use to extract all CEK clients who purchase th fibre process giving total sqm. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Summary of data using array formula
I have a spreadsheet where there are several columns with data using validation picklists as well as free-entry columns. I would like to create a summary of the data in the form of counts based on the existence of specific values in these columns with the ability to change the date range. I've created the array formula and have set up a 'startdate' and 'enddate' cells where the user can enter the range they're looking for. No matter what I do the value always reports a zero. I have used these types of array formulas before, however, not using date rang...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Multiple loans serviced by single provider
I am a new user of Money and am trying to set up my student loans. Like most government-backed education loan portfolios, there are multiple loans with different terms, variable rates, etc serviced with one payment to a single service provider -- Sallie Mae. I send Sallie Mae one check each month. I have set up each loan in Money (there are four) as a separate account thinking I could 'split' the single payment from my checking account into four pieces. But Money will not give me the option to split checking transaction into multiple loan payments. I have the option in the initi...