name ranges #2

Hi,
Sheet2 has the formula: =VLOOKUP($B$3,Sheet1!$B$2:$D$15,2,FALSE) in cell c8
How can I use a range name (names-1 for example) that refers to:  Sheet1
range B2:B15 in a way that  i have a small arrow beside cell B3 that show
all the names in the range (names-1)?

0
HANDALK (143)
6/4/2009 7:37:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Please give us more detail, this question is not clear.   What does VLOOKUP
have to do with the range names and what do you mean by the names in the
range names-1.  And what do you mean by a small arrow which shows the names?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Khalil Handal" wrote:

> Hi,
> Sheet2 has the formula: =VLOOKUP($B$3,Sheet1!$B$2:$D$15,2,FALSE) in cell c8
> How can I use a range name (names-1 for example) that refers to:  Sheet1
> range B2:B15 in a way that  i have a small arrow beside cell B3 that show
> all the names in the range (names-1)?

Vlookup search the vallue that I type in cell B3 sheet2.
Can I select the value that I want from the range defined in sheet1?
Hope this makes it more clear!!!!

"Shane Devenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F6BA1358-E556-4413-829C-75D11C1363EC@microsoft.com...
> Please give us more detail, this question is not clear.   What does
> VLOOKUP
> have to do with the range names and what do you mean by the names in the
> range names-1.  And what do you mean by a small arrow which shows the
> names?
>
> --
> If this helps, please click the Yes button.
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "Khalil Handal" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Sheet2 has the formula: =VLOOKUP($B$3,Sheet1!$B$2:$D$15,2,FALSE) in cell
>> c8
>> How can I use a range name (names-1 for example) that refers to:  Sheet1
>> range B2:B15 in a way that  i have a small arrow beside cell B3 that show
>> all the names in the range (names-1)?

0
HANDALK (143)

Windows Mail Drops 1st 2 letters of Reply-To Address
About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of the reply-to email address for all of my Yahoo contacts...I deleted the contacts from my list and reentered them...it still does it. I can send a new email to these people just fine...but cannot use the "reply to" feature. Any ideas? -- christinewv "christinewv" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:133071c331d4e1bf5f974795ec9ed6d5@nntp-gateway.com... > > About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of > the reply-to email address for ...

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

Tracking Tab #2
Where do I find the tracking tab when I open an e-mail from the sent folder? ...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

Envelope Journaling in Exchange 5.5 #2
Anyone know how to turn on envelope journaling in Exchange 5.5 (that is so journaling tracks the bcc info)? Journaling in Exchange 5.5 is addressed in MS KB 239427 (and in several articles for x2k and x2k3) but can't find anything for 5.5 envelope journaling Hi Ivan, It looks like this is a limitation of Journaling and how it works with messages. Basically, when a message has BCC recipients, the message is copied internally, the original instance has the TO and CC lists, the copy has the BCC lists. The original instance is being journalled, the BCC copy is not. Even with complete ...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

Strange Error (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I have a Virtual PC configuration set up for CRM demos. I have one image that has CRM 1.2 under Windows 2003 server. It is all configured and setup and running fine. I have another image with Windows XP configured. The two images see each other and communicate. From my Windows XP image I can access CRM both via browser and Outlook Client. However, occassionally I can't access the system via Outlook and when I try it via the browser I get a screen coming up with "Sonic Wall" on it asking for a login and password. If I enter in "Administrator" for the login...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

Contact View #2
I did not see this so I'm trying to send it again. I am using Outlook 2000. I am trying to create a new card view and have added the Notes field but it doesn't show up. It shows up in the Detailed Address Cards view but I can't get it work in my own view. Anyone else had this problem and figured out how to get it to work? Thanks, Debbie ...

Startup #2
Is it possible to have Outlook startup Mail in the folder last viewed rather than always in the InBox? You haven't stated which version you are running. Please do not assume that all versions are always the same or that we have amazing ESP skills You can select a folder for each time it starts as the default, but it stays on that setting until you change it. Tools | Otions | Other | Advanced Options | startup in this Folder. I hope this helps you at least a little bit! Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook read my articles here: www.j...

Multiple Domains #2
Hello everyone, I have an Exchange 2000 standard server, and I have a small number of new users that need a different extension on their email accounts. For example we are .com.au and they need to be .co.jp can I do this in a single domain or do I need to create a whole new Exchange server (or move to enterprise exchange) to do this. The funny thing is that it is only 5 or 6 users so I want to avoid having to upgrade my Exchange version if I can get away with it. Thanks Tim Wallace Hi Tim, Just ensure you have created MX records for the additional domains, and have created recipient ...

Combine data from 2 queries
I have 2 tables of data that have sku #, size and color. Table 1 is a reference with all items. Table 2 has on hand data. I am looking to create a query to pull into table 2 additional information from table 1. I have attempted to create a query for each table and add in a concatenation of sku, size and color so that I can join the tables and extract information to create a table and/or report. When I attempt to create 1 query from both of these queries I'm getting error messages...help - is there an easier way to build this (I will need to refresh my tables on a reg...

Data Validation with a list that varies in size #2
I have created a template spreadsheet for a non-technical user On one tab, I have a comparison between Golfer A and Golfer B. On the front tab, there is a list of all the golfers for a particular weekend. I left 24 slots open. However, there is no requirement that all 24 are used. How do I eliminate blank rows from my dropdown list if that dropdown is filled with a Named Range and that range is defined as a column of 24 (potential) name cells. For example, if I have a Range of 24 cells A2:A25 (A1 = "Name") defined as GolferList, but only A2:A11 are filled, I want my dropdown list ...

Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...
I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself during an install on an existing SBS server. When running Select @@servername I received a null answer. I looked in the sysservers table in the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've seen on all other installs of SQL. I took a chance and changed the value to 0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems. Long term I don't know if this will cause issues with ...

Populate combobox with folder names
I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox, is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox? --------------------------------------- Sub ListFolders() Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s Dim folderspec folderspec = "C:\Excel\" Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec) Set fc = f.SubFolders For Each f1 In fc s = s & f1.Name s = s & vbCrLf Next MsgBox s End Sub ---------------------------------------- This is for exc...

RMS 2.0 Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':
I'm getting this run-time error when selecting an item in POS or Manager only happens one 1 item. RMS Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)': Page (1:69761), slot 9 for text, ntext, or image node does not exist. What should I look for? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_015E_01CB1476.FF816E40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable James, I'm guessing a database Re-Index and a database Check is needed in SO = Admin. Backup First!! --=20 Jeff=20 Ch...

Relay question #2
Hello, I will appreciate your help in the next problem: Exchange server 2003. The domain name is abc.com and i created another domain for some user accounts: xyz.com with the recipient policies. All ok. I have users that belongs to both companys and they needs to send mails from both domains. For one user I configured account abc.com as exchange account and then the xyz.com as pop account. I used outlook 2003. I allowed the rely permission for this user and his pc. The problem start when i send mail from the xyz.com account to an external account. At destination, the mail arrives as if it...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...

Outlook/Outlook Express/Service Pack 2
I have recently downloaded Service Pack 2 and am having difficulty sending attachments from Outlook to anyone with Outlook Express. What specific problem/difficulty are you having? "pete new haven" <petenewhaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E603FEEE-BC69-44A7-8DE4-01FFBC70827A@microsoft.com... >I have recently downloaded Service Pack 2 and am having difficulty sending > attachments from Outlook to anyone with Outlook Express. Are you using RTF formatted messages? Try plain text. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook...

Problems with the User with MS CRM 1.2
Hi all. Here's my problem. We've decided to evaluate Microsoft CRM 1.2 (Spanish) so I tried to install the product in a standalone machine. This is what I did: + Installed Windows 2003 Server and configured + Installed Support Tools + Configured DNS, Active Directory. Now, the server maps: mscrm.adventure-works.com + Installed some useful tools like: Office 2003, Acrobat Reader, EditPlus, WinZip, WinRAR and Google Toolbar + Upgraded the server to be a Domain Controller and finished to configure the DNS service. + NETDIAG and DCDIAG show: "Everything Ok". + Installed IIS an...

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

Clear auto-complete #2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;287623 Check this article. Basically you delete the *.nk2 file and it will create it again, but without all the old entries. ...