Name Range not displaying in Name Box

I created a worksheet a few months ago... that had a column with cells
that we gave a name.  We referenced some formulas to this name range..
and everything worked out fine.

Yesterday.. I open the worksheet and highlight those exact cells to see
the name range.. and its no longer there... I also go to insert>name..
and theres aren't any names listed...

I go to my formulas.. and I do SEE the name range in the formula...

what happened to my name range?

0
kvc1234 (11)
1/4/2007 3:55:39 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

With ActiveWorkbook
..Names.Visible:=False 'true
End With

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"kvc" <kvc1234@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I created a worksheet a few months ago... that had a column with cells
> that we gave a name.  We referenced some formulas to this name range..
> and everything worked out fine.
>
> Yesterday.. I open the worksheet and highlight those exact cells to see
> the name range.. and its no longer there... I also go to insert>name..
> and theres aren't any names listed...
>
> I go to my formulas.. and I do SEE the name range in the formula...
>
> what happened to my name range?

0
dguillett1 (2487)
1/4/2007 4:26:06 PM
Don suggested that the names were hidden.

Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

It allows you to hide/unhide existing names.

If they're not deleted, this may make your life easier.

kvc wrote:

> I created a worksheet a few months ago... that had a column with cells
> that we gave a name.  We referenced some formulas to this name range..
> and everything worked out fine.
>
> Yesterday.. I open the worksheet and highlight those exact cells to see
> the name range.. and its no longer there... I also go to insert>name..
> and theres aren't any names listed...
>
> I go to my formulas.. and I do SEE the name range in the formula...
>
> what happened to my name range?

--

Dave Peterson
0

Dave Peterson wrote:
> Don suggested that the names were hidden.
>
> Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
> Manager:
>
> You can find it at:
> NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp
>
> It allows you to hide/unhide existing names.
>
> If they're not deleted, this may make your life easier.
>
> kvc wrote:
> >
> > I created a worksheet a few months ago... that had a column with cells
> > that we gave a name.  We referenced some formulas to this name range..
> > and everything worked out fine.
> >
> > Yesterday.. I open the worksheet and highlight those exact cells to see
> > the name range.. and its no longer there... I also go to insert>name..
> > and theres aren't any names listed...
> >
> > I go to my formulas.. and I do SEE the name range in the formula...
> >
> > what happened to my name range?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
kvc1234 (11)
1/4/2007 5:35:26 PM
I've never seen names get deleted -- well, except when I delete them.

Are you saving the workbook as a normal workbook?  If yes, I don't have a guess.

If you're saving as .prn or .csv, then these files are plain old text
files--they don't contain formatting, formulas, or names (or a lot of other
stuff).

--

Dave Peterson
0

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Debugging brings up empty Macro Dialog box
Hi I am trying to Debug my code and after setting a breakpoint, I push the play button and it brings up an empty macro dialog box - with one option - cancel. Access never used to do this? How can I get it to work like Access 2003? Cheers, GLT. Be sure to place your cursor somewhere in the procedure you are attempting to run. Is it a Sub procedure or Function that you are trying to run? -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "GLT" wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to Debug my code and after setting a breakpoint, I push the play > button and it brings up...

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

Combo box or list box
I can't figure out why the linked cell only returns a # value of the selected cell in the range. I just wanted it to return the actual text of the selection. I would think this would be the default, but I know nothing. Please help this is really frustrating. -- famdamly ------------------------------------------------------------------------ famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29382 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500004 Hi! Well, that's how they work! You can use a Match or Lookup formula to...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

check mark in box...how to
when I do a shopping list for example and there is a long list of items how would I check the items I want bought, currently I put a Y (for yes) in the box. I am talking about the type of `check` below ( without the broken line) / \/ thanks Format the check mark range as Marlett fonts and use "a" instead of "Y" -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Juco" <yamxs750REMOVETHIS@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:gXBOb.262$4u2.37@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > when I do a shopping list for example and there is a long list of items how > would I...

Worksheet displays a blank, gray window
When opening an existing Excel spreadsheet, the spreadsheet does not display, but shows only a blank window. I can see the spreadsheet in Full Screen, but when I try to go back to a window view, I can't see it. Only occurs on certain spreadsheets. Others display fine. Once the problem occurs on a spreadsheet, the problem remains constant, i. e., I can't ever display that spreadsheet again. What was changed? Try Window|Arrange|Tiled and resize by hand. It sounds like it's just off the visible screen. David Houston wrote: > > When opening an existing Excel spread...

Displaying one program on computer screen and another on a TV screen
"Low end" desktop computer (perhaps a Dell Inspiron 560 or 580) is running 64-bit Windows with integrated graphics (Intel GMA X4500) with the computer monitor connected to the VGA port and a television connected to the HDMI port. The desire is to display one running program on the normal computer screen while displaying another running program on the television screen. QUESTIONS 1. Can I have two programs running and have one displayed on the computer monitor and one displayed on the television screen using the integrated graphics? 2. If so, can I change to have...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

displaying trnsparent backgroung image in list control
I am displaying image on background in my list control i am using SetbkImage(); but area where rows and columns are inserted in list image is not displayed there it gets displayed only in area which is empty can it be displayed in whole area of listcontrol wether there is any data or not means can it be transparent pls help in OnInitDialog() where i am inserting coloumns i write the following code // Insert Background Image into the ListControl LVBKIMAGE bki; if (m_ctrlListNews.GetBkImage(&bki) && (bki.ulFlags ==LVBKIF_SOURCE_NONE)) { m_ctrlListNews.SetBkImage(TEXT("C:\\c...

Populate combobox with folder names
I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox, is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox? --------------------------------------- Sub ListFolders() Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s Dim folderspec folderspec = "C:\Excel\" Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec) Set fc = f.SubFolders For Each f1 In fc s = s & f1.Name s = s & vbCrLf Next MsgBox s End Sub ---------------------------------------- This is for exc...

smtp display question
Hi all - Using Exchange 5.5 sp4 and Outlook 2003 - in a NT 4 domain. Let's say i have a user with the primary smtp address of jack@company.com and internal display name of smith, jack - and I've added an additional smtp addresses to his account - jill@company.com. He opens up outlook and all inbox mail shows his internal display name as the "TO:". Is there anyway to show which of his differing smtp address it was originally sent to without going into the mail headers - hopefully, I'm just missing the config. Thanks much. In news:e%235dAAAkGHA.1320@TK2MSF...

totals do not display unless user clicks on text box
I am relatively new to access. I am using access 2007 to create a report that contains subtotals. When the report is displayed on the screen the subtotals are blank. When the user clicks on the subtotal text box then the value appears. The user has to click on each subtotal in order to make the value appear. Has anyone experience this problem? Is there a workaround or solution? Thanks Normally a sub-total in a report is achieved by means of an unbound text box in a group footer with a ControlSource property which is an expression summing a set of values from the detail sect...

Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...
I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself during an install on an existing SBS server. When running Select @@servername I received a null answer. I looked in the sysservers table in the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've seen on all other installs of SQL. I took a chance and changed the value to 0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems. Long term I don't know if this will cause issues with ...

time display in sys tray
I�d like to enhance the display of the actual time in the sys tray as following: In the quickinfo, not only the date should be displayed , but also the time for different time zones. Has anybody an idea how to modify the time display in the sys tray ? Best regards, Micha I have an application that overrode Window's time and=20 date. I believe it is done by overwriting a dll, but I=20 may be wrong. In case this will help, the name of the=20 application is TClockEx. I believe I've found this=20 individual's web page at one time or another. TClockEx is=20 freeware. Maybe if yo...

how do i remove the blue box from linked objects in Publisher
I've tried to link objects from excel into publisher and it always puts in a blue box around them, I obviously don't want a blue box around my reports. please help. ...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

excel
I am trying to figure our how to create a drop box with multiple values - i.e. january, february, march... Something like a box that says "choose month" in the box and when you hit the arrow it allows you to scroll through the monthly options and choose one. I am currently using Excel 2000. I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL if someone could offer me a prompt response. Thank you Data / Validation / Change 'Any Value' to list and then select the list containing the values you wish to choose from, or instead of selecting a list, type Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May etc (including commas) in...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...

Re-Sizeable Field Display
Hi All, Explore have fields displayed in column such as File Name | Extension | Date |... User can re-size the field. What is that in VC++? How to make some thing like that in VC++? Do you have any ideal? Thank you, Ben Hi, The Windows Explorer window contains the ListView control. This control can provide several columns with titles in "Report" mode. The resizing functionality is also provided by this control (to be correct, by special Header control). You can use this control in your apps. -- WBR, Vitaly Brusentsev, AWinstall development team. http://www.awinstall.com ...

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

How to get all items to display at once
Regardless of how many items I have in my inbox, I would like them to all display at once, not just x per page. It makes it difficult to sort by subject or sender when they are split among multiple pages. I currently have it set to 100 per page, but still have between 2 & 6 pages depending on the day of the week and how 'tidy' I am keeping my inbox. TIA, Randy On 11 May 2006 21:22:43 -0700, peedoe@gmail.com wrote: >Regardless of how many items I have in my inbox, I would like them to >all display at once, not just x per page. It makes it difficult to >sort by subjec...

Display only PDL title
Hey, anyone out there know how to set up a personal distribution list that displays only the list title name rather than displaying all the names of those added to the list? I sometimes receive emails that show the title such as: Customer Reps, but each time I try to send one it displays all the names in my Customer Reps distribution list. Really appreciate any help, Tracy ...