Mystery Formula

The reference below is in an entire column of cells. The cell C7 is a
number (14,000) that appears to be a constant multiplier for the entire
column. I'm trying to find out what the , in front of the cell reference
signifies, and what "TABLE" is being referenced.

Thanks!

{=TABLE(,C7)}

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!
http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm **
0
mpolo164 (1)
8/26/2004 4:53:06 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Mike Polo wrote...
> The reference below is in an entire column of cells. The cell C7 is a
> number (14,000) that appears to be a constant multiplier for the entire
> column. I'm trying to find out what the , in front of the cell reference
> signifies, and what "TABLE" is being referenced.
>
> Thanks!
>
> {=TABLE(,C7)}

Hi Mike,

That is a data table.  You should read Excel's help on data tables.  They
are very effective for varying one or two variables and showing the results.

Once you read XL's help on data tables, it should be clearer.

If not, please post back.

Regards,
Kevin

0
nospam710 (114)
8/26/2004 5:09:44 PM
"Kevin H. Stecyk" <nospam@no123spam.com> wrote...
>Mike Polo wrote...
>>{=TABLE(,C7)}
>That is a data table.  You should read Excel's help on data tables.
>They are very effective for varying one or two variables and showing
>the results.
>
>Once you read XL's help on data tables, it should be clearer.

Using data tables may be clear, but the TABLE pseudofunction isn't mentioned
in online help for data tables, and I don't believe you can find it using
the keyword Table.

0
hrlngrv (1990)
8/28/2004 5:26:40 AM
Harlan wrote...
> Using data tables may be clear, but the TABLE pseudofunction isn't
> mentioned
> in online help for data tables, and I don't believe you can find it using
> the keyword Table.

Harlan,

Point well taken.  The OP must first get familiar with data tables so that
he can understand what is taking place.  And I suspect once he tries an
example or two, he will recognize that {=table(RowInput, ColumnInput)} is
the syntax being used.  The table is merely the data table that has been
created.  It's important that the OP understands the structure of the data
table as well.  Now he will understand where the answer is derived from and
what the input(s) are.

I know you know all this stuff, but I am just adding this text in case the
OP returns to see if more information has been written.

I think most users are quite amazed when they use data tables for the first
time and recognize their power.

Thank you for additional comments.

Regards,
Kevin

0
nospam710 (114)

Mystery Formula
The reference below is in an entire column of cells. The cell C7 is a number (14,000) that appears to be a constant multiplier for the entire column. I'm trying to find out what the , in front of the cell reference signifies, and what "TABLE" is being referenced. Thanks! {=TABLE(,C7)} ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Mike Polo wrote... > The reference below is in an entire column of cells. The cell C7 is a > number (14,000) that appears to be a constant...

Need help on formula!!
I'm trying to create a formula and need help or hints on how to do this. What I would like to do is: in cell A1 have the word PAYDAY appear on certain days each month for 1 year. I know that with the 'if' formula you can only have 7 nested 'if' statements. I need a way to have 24 references (2 days a month). Any help or questions on this is highly appreciated. -- Thanks, T_Sr Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Travis, What determins when it is payday? Is it every two weeks? Certain weekdays after certain dates in the month? Or what? -- Regards Sandy san...

Hide formula in list
Hi, I´ve made a list i Data Verifying that should display the options 0 or 1. 0 just being the digit 0 and 1 being the formula =SUM(D3)+1. How to I get 1 as an option in the list and avoid having to show the formula in the list? Thanks in advance. I meant Data Validation, not Verifying. Just to clarify. "Errko" skrev: > Hi, > > I´ve made a list i Data Verifying that should display the options 0 or 1. > 0 just being the digit 0 and 1 being the formula =SUM(D3)+1. > > How to I get 1 as an option in the list and avoid having to ...

HELOC analysis formula
I would like to run various scenarios on my home equity line of credit which include making extra periodic payments on the principle. Does anybody know how to do this? BTW, are there any good references (online or otherwise) which show how to use Excel in various financial applications? Thanks! Boatman ...

subtraction formula
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel how do I write a formula to subtract, for example cells, i32 from f32 scialdella - In a cell other than F32 or I32, type =F32-I32 - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <scialdella@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59bb6e29.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0... Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel how do I write a formula to subtract, for example cells, i32 from f32 > scialdella - <br> > <br> > In a cell other than F3...

Mysterious Filling of Disk Space
I am experiencing a new problem with Outlook 2007. I can think of no change that has been made to cause this problem. My PC has limited space free as it uses a Solid State Disk. In reality there is usually around 1.5Gb free. When I start Outlook the free disk space will be rapidly consumed such that it is all gone within about 15 minutes and applications start o fail. This is annoying with Outlook because it corrupts the setup and requires me to reset the navpane. If I shutdown Outlook the disk space stops being consumed but is not released. When I reboot, the disk sp...

Formula to produced a Cumulative Delivered/Ordered figure
I have a spreadsheet that I collate orders during the month from a customer, the spreadsheet contains the volume they order in one column and the volume actually delivered in another. I need to keep track during the month of how much they have ordered/received to ensure they remain within their product allocation for the month. eg: Site Ordered Delivered A 36,000 35,999 A 18,000 18,500 B 36,000 36,000 A 36,000 36,001 What I want to do is create a formula th...

Loads of Mystery appointments (mysteriously deleted)?
Here's a wierd one... there are hundreds of deleted appointments in my deleted items folder they are all scheduled for 'Tue 01/01/1980' and in every other respect resemble an appointment that I was invited to about a year ago. The appointment is titled 'Michelle at Pearsons', and each one in deleted items, has a partner called 'Updated: 'Michelle at Pearsons'. But I haven't done anything with this appointment at all - for about a year - I only discovered them recently when Google sync alerted me to the fact that I'd deleted 12 appointments today....

help with formula #6
I have a spreadsheet that I need to add conditional formatting to and have not been able to get this to work correctly. I need to flag decrease in revenues after it has dropped consecutively for 3 months and would like to have if possible this highlight with different color for each of those three months also if possible and then as revenues climb goes back to black text or no background. The pivot report is setup like follows: colum a Member Name Month year Power failure and message sent without finishing sample of table >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet tha...

IF Formulas
I am trying to create a formula that will keep a running total of containers that I use to ship with. The problem is that I want to use this off of my shipping spreadsheet and I use multiple container sizes. So far I've tried this formula and it doesn't work. I haven't worked with IF formulas at all so I am kinda wandering around in the dark. =IF(F4=R,B121-Q4,=121) -- Muchella could you please post an example of you data and what you want to get from the formula, thanks "MR4815" wrote: > I am trying to create a formula that will keep a runnin...

Question On Excel Formulas
Hello, Is there a way (addin utilities or otherwise) to cause the formula in a cell to display the values for the component references making up the formula? -i.e =A1 *(B2+C4)/D2 would display based on the cell reference values as: =5*(4+6)/8 Thanks for your help, David S> Not in that way, AFAIK But look at Tools>Formula Auditing>Evaluate Formula BTW your requirement is one reason why I always recommend to do small steps per cell, so you can easily check all intermediate result. In your case, Cell1: =B2+C4 Cell2: =Cell1/D2 Cell3: =A1*Cell2 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten...

complex formula
Could someone please!!! help me to set up a complex formula which I will use many times over. I have an amount - say $7,417. I need to take 66.7% of the first $2,500 (which comes to $1,667.50). This leaves me with $4,917 of the original amount and I need to take 50% of the next $3,500 ($1,750) - leaving me with $1,417 of the original number which I need to take 40% of ($566.80) Then, I add all the percentages up to come to $3,984.30. I have to do this a lot and could certainly use an easier way other than a calculator and a large sheet of paper. Thanks. Assuming your ...

Text Box Calculation Formula
SpreadCred InsideSpread LeftMain RightMain I have a text box (SpreadCred) that needs to be calculated/populated by a combination of factors. 1. SpreadCred should populate off of the text box - InsideSpread. 2. The value in SpreadCred can not be greater than text box - RightMain nor text box - LeftMain. If it is bigger than either number, it will max out at the larger of the two. Thanks for your time. How this is done depends a little on whether the value will respond to user input or to previously-entered data. This could be done with a nested IIf, but is really a ...

Formula #20
I am extremely new a this. I need to find a formula to calculate a net cash flow for a three month period. Where do I start? Fran, Point this URL http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA011136321033.aspx and you will know how to start... ...

function/formula
Does anyone know of a book which lists and explains all the functions/formulas? Peter Nonley has a nice "dictionary" that defines all the worksheet functions with easy-to-follow examples. You can download the file for free here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/ MVP Norman Harker also has one that you can download from MVP Debra Dalgleish's website: http://www.contextures.com/functions.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know of a book which lists and explains all >the functions/formulas? >. > ...

Macro Or Formula Help
Hello, I need help with a macro. I need it to be able to complete the following task in a workbook. I have a main sheet with data, and I need to be able to assign a word or numerical to say column "H", and it would take the information in that row and create another worksheet named the same as information in "H". And everything with the same "H" would combine to that particular worksheet. Thanks DB Hi DB Have a look at the code I wrote here: http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72736 Good luck with it. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Exc...

Formula Changed
I had this formula in a cell: =SUMPRODUCT((E23:E2500)*(F23:F2500=9)*(G23:G2500=6.5)) It did work fine. The E column represents time in the 13:30 format, so 27 minutes or 1:27, etc. I had to change the formula for calculating time in the E column so it would calculate hours that went past midnight. When I did that the above formula now returns a #Value! error. However, the formula does work where there are no blank rows in my data! This is the formula in my time calculation column: =IF(D213="","",D213-C213+(D213<C213)) I'm lost on this one. I'd try: =SU...

Mysteriously Deleted Files
Hello, this is my first attempt at a newsgroup and I'm hoping that someone might know what's happening to this system I'm working on. The computer I'm dealing with has Office XP pro installed on it, and recently the shortcut links on the left side of excell relayed an error message concerning the files being missing. I used the search function to locate all of my .xls and .doc files and only the hidden and system files returned as matches. I then looked the nortan protected recycle bin to see if any files had been deleted and possibly be restored, and a few excell f...

Filter formula 05-19-10
HI I have a database with repeated informations as listed below and is increasing daily Nat Firm Name SPAIN VIAJES EL CORTE INGLES SPAIN VIAJES EL CORTE INGLES SPAIN VIAJES EL CORTE INGLES GREECE AMEX INTERNATIONAL- HOLLAND GERMANY AIRTOURS INTERNATIONAL-GERMAN ITALY DERTOUR GMBH & CO. KG UNITED KINGDOM INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL CONNE BELGIUM RAINBOW TRAVEL LTD I would like to have a formula which will list the firm name once when choosing the country. I don't want to perform it through a pivot table as I am using the sumproduct to add the qty and amount to have a com...

Problem with Excel98/Chart/Formula
Hi! I have an application written in VB 6.0 in which I am creating an Excel Chart. The code below works fine with Excel 2003, but it fails on Excel 97. Set xlsSeries = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries xlsSeries.Formula = sFormula Any Ideas? Tobias Tobias - That piece of code hasn't changed since Excel 97. What does sFormula contain? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Tobias Schittkowski wrote: > Hi! > > I have an application written in VB 6.0 in which I am creating ...

FORMULAS #14
I need to insert more lines in my database but I don't know how to copy down the formula so it stays the same. Thank you. See "The difference between relative and absolute references" in XL Help. In article <682E0AC5-56D8-4FE7-8433-CEAD336B954B@microsoft.com>, excel worksheet <excel worksheet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to insert more lines in my database but I don't know how to copy down > the formula so it stays the same. Thank you. If you give an example of your formula and describe what goes wrong when you copy it you'll inc...

Creating a graphical formula from a set of data
If I have a set of data, is there any way I can generate a formula which roughly matches the plot of the data set? I know I can generate a trend line on a chart but is there a way of finding out the formula for this trendline, so that I could reproduce it without the origiinal data perhaps? Hope I'm making myself clear. Many thanks in advance. Hi, Here are a couple of resources for getting the information about the trendline via formula. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/trendline_coefficients.htm http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/ Cheers Andy rmellison wrote: > If ...

Explain Formula
I need to understand this formula in layman terms!!! Under to column heading Record Match this appears on a spreadsheet forwarded from my co-worker =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($AV3774,NONCOM! $A$2:$AP$5221,28,FALSE)) = FALSE,TRUE,FALSE HELP!!! The VLOOKUP bit is comparing a value in cell AV3774 against a table of data on a sheet named "NONCOM" located in cells A2 to AP5221. The data that will be returned is located in column 28 of this table. The ISERROR bit is just checking whether the data to be returned contains a value such as #N/A. So.... If the VLOOKUP is NOT going to re...

Formula troubles
Here is my problem, I am trying to make a worksheet for a teacher. On one row, I have made a drop down list for one of four fields:Classwork, Homework, Quiz and Test. In the row below that, I will put the respective scores. The student's names are in column 1. I already have a formula in place to average each students scores, but my problem is that the teacher I am making this for scores both homework and classwork as one score, quizzes are worth two, and tests are worth three. So what I need to do is get excel to count quiz and test scores multiple times when averaging. I have...

Count If formula #3
Hi Can you use the count if formula to say: count how many cells say "sold" in blue text and how many say it in green text? You need a function to coun t the colour, like the one at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html and then combine this with the text test like so, =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="sold"),--(ColorIndex(A1:A100)=3)) to test for red solds. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jo Davis" <JoDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39D590DA-6A79-4CC3-8373-3AEC51486FB8@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Can you use the count...