Multiple results of Vlookup in one cell

Dear Experts:

How can I retrieve multiple occurances of lookedup value in one cell??
I want to retrieve thru formula multiple product sales in a given date.

Jan-1        Product 1
Feb-15     Product 4
Jan-5        Product 3
Feb-15     Product 1
Feb-15     Product 2

so results should be :
Lookup value: Feb-15
Results: "Product 4, Product 2, Product 1" as a string in one cell

Is it possible using a Vlookup or any other combination of formula

Please help
Murtaza

0
Murtaza
11/27/2007 11:50:10 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Murtaza,

Look here to get multiple results:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA012260381033.aspx

Then you can concatenate the results in one cell with a formula like

=A1&"', "&A2&", "&A3  etc

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Murtaza" <NoEmail@NoEmail> wrote in message news:uNcvruOMIHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
| Dear Experts:
|
| How can I retrieve multiple occurances of lookedup value in one cell??
| I want to retrieve thru formula multiple product sales in a given date.
|
| Jan-1        Product 1
| Feb-15     Product 4
| Jan-5        Product 3
| Feb-15     Product 1
| Feb-15     Product 2
|
| so results should be :
| Lookup value: Feb-15
| Results: "Product 4, Product 2, Product 1" as a string in one cell
|
| Is it possible using a Vlookup or any other combination of formula
|
| Please help
| Murtaza

0
nicolaus (2022)
11/27/2007 12:03:59 PM
Thanks, I have posted to this forum after reading this good article...nicely
done

But Niek, but according to this article, you have to copy/paste array
formula to many cells in order to get multiple results.

Do we have any formula which do this Concatenate in a single cell?

"Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Hi Murtaza,
>
> Look here to get multiple results:
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA012260381033.aspx
>
> Then you can concatenate the results in one cell with a formula like
>
> =A1&"', "&A2&", "&A3  etc
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "Murtaza" <NoEmail@NoEmail> wrote in message
> | Dear Experts:
> |
> | How can I retrieve multiple occurances of lookedup value in one cell??
> | I want to retrieve thru formula multiple product sales in a given date.
> |
> | Jan-1        Product 1
> | Feb-15     Product 4
> | Jan-5        Product 3
> | Feb-15     Product 1
> | Feb-15     Product 2
> |
> | so results should be :
> | Lookup value: Feb-15
> | Results: "Product 4, Product 2, Product 1" as a string in one cell
> |
> | Is it possible using a Vlookup or any other combination of formula
> |
> | Please help
> | Murtaza

0
Murtaza
11/27/2007 12:38:08 PM
Yes, that is the formula I gave in my initial reply

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Murtaza" <NoEmail@NoEmail> wrote in message news:u$K8fJPMIHA.4480@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
| Thanks, I have posted to this forum after reading this good article...nicely
| done
|
| But Niek, but according to this article, you have to copy/paste array
| formula to many cells in order to get multiple results.
|
| Do we have any formula which do this Concatenate in a single cell?
|

| "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
| > Hi Murtaza,
| >
| > Look here to get multiple results:
| >
| > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA012260381033.aspx
| >
| > Then you can concatenate the results in one cell with a formula like
| >
| > =A1&"', "&A2&", "&A3  etc
| >
| > --
| > Kind regards,
| >
| > Niek Otten
| > Microsoft MVP - Excel
| >
| > "Murtaza" <NoEmail@NoEmail> wrote in message
| > | Dear Experts:
| > |
| > | How can I retrieve multiple occurances of lookedup value in one cell??
| > | I want to retrieve thru formula multiple product sales in a given date.
| > |
| > | Jan-1        Product 1
| > | Feb-15     Product 4
| > | Jan-5        Product 3
| > | Feb-15     Product 1
| > | Feb-15     Product 2
| > |
| > | so results should be :
| > | Lookup value: Feb-15
| > | Results: "Product 4, Product 2, Product 1" as a string in one cell
| > |
| > | Is it possible using a Vlookup or any other combination of formula
| > |
| > | Please help
| > | Murtaza
| > |
| > |

0
nicolaus (2022)
11/27/2007 12:54:02 PM
Can anyone pleaes tell me how to use the Function mentioned on this website:
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/vlookupall.html

"Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Hi Murtaza,
>
> Look here to get multiple results:
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA012260381033.aspx
>
> Then you can concatenate the results in one cell with a formula like
>
> =A1&"', "&A2&", "&A3  etc
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "Murtaza" <NoEmail@NoEmail> wrote in message
> | Dear Experts:
> |
> | How can I retrieve multiple occurances of lookedup value in one cell??
> | I want to retrieve thru formula multiple product sales in a given date.
> |
> | Jan-1        Product 1
> | Feb-15     Product 4
> | Jan-5        Product 3
> | Feb-15     Product 1
> | Feb-15     Product 2
> |
> | so results should be :
> | Lookup value: Feb-15
> | Results: "Product 4, Product 2, Product 1" as a string in one cell
> |
> | Is it possible using a Vlookup or any other combination of formula
> |
> | Please help
> | Murtaza

0
Murtaza
      Pasting a User Defined Function (UDF)
      Niek Otten, March 31, 2006

      If you find a VBA function on the Internet or somebody mails you one, and you don't know how to implement it, follow these
steps:

      Select all the text of the function.
      CTRL+C (that is, press and hold down the CTRL key, press C, release both). This a shortcut for Copy.
      Go to Excel. Press ALT+F11 (same method: press and hold the ALT key, press the F11 key and release both). You are now in the
Visual Basic Editor (VBE).
      From the menu bar, choose Insert>Module. There should now be a blank module sheet in front of you. Click in it and then
press CTRL+V (same method.). This a shortcut for Paste. You should now see the text of the function in the Module.
      Press ALT+F11 again to return to your Excel worksheet.
      You should now be able to use the function as if it were a built-in function of Excel, like =SUM(..)

Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Murtaza" <NoEmail@NoEmail> wrote in message news:%23enrmkPMIHA.820@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
| Can anyone pleaes tell me how to use the Function mentioned on this website:
| http://www.sulprobil.com/html/vlookupall.html
|

| "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
| > Hi Murtaza,
| >
| > Look here to get multiple results:
| >
| > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA012260381033.aspx
| >
| > Then you can concatenate the results in one cell with a formula like
| >
| > =A1&"', "&A2&", "&A3  etc
| >
| > --
| > Kind regards,
| >
| > Niek Otten
| > Microsoft MVP - Excel
| >
| > "Murtaza" <NoEmail@NoEmail> wrote in message
| > | Dear Experts:
| > |
| > | How can I retrieve multiple occurances of lookedup value in one cell??
| > | I want to retrieve thru formula multiple product sales in a given date.
| > |
| > | Jan-1        Product 1
| > | Feb-15     Product 4
| > | Jan-5        Product 3
| > | Feb-15     Product 1
| > | Feb-15     Product 2
| > |
| > | so results should be :
| > | Lookup value: Feb-15
| > | Results: "Product 4, Product 2, Product 1" as a string in one cell
| > |
| > | Is it possible using a Vlookup or any other combination of formula
| > |
| > | Please help
| > | Murtaza
| > |
| > |

0
nicolaus (2022)

compute one of two missing value?
I want to create a table like this: column A is the name of the person column B is height in feet column C is height in meters How do I set it up so that if I enter a number in the feet column, excel would calculate and fill in the meter column, and if I fill in the meter column, excel would calculate and fill in the feet column? use a worksheet_change event if target.column=2 then target.offset(,1)=target*_____ if target.column=3 then target.offset(,-1)=target/_____ -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "james" <nospa...

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Single click selects multiple cells

Hide results
I am putting together a summary spreadsheet of dates from seperate worksheets in an excel file. In the summary sheet I reference the 'end' date from the summary sheet. If there is no date in the original file, what formula can I use to leave that cell blank/hide on the summary sheet? The way I have it now the results show the default of 1/0/1900 Here is the formula used to reference the info from. =Summary!K5 =IF(Summary!K5="","",Summary!K5) -- David Biddulph "bigred72" <bigred72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

distributing data into multiple cells

Sending to multiple addresses

Convert data into one WrapText cell
User's data is as follows: G Data......................... 4 no 5 20 more Data ............... etc where G through 20 is in a single row, and therefore Data occupies 3 rows. I believe this gives me a complete record where the Data occupies more than one row: Sub TestConvertToWrapText() Dim Cell As Range, StartRw As Long Dim EndRw As Long For Each Cell In ActiveSheet.Range("B2:B33") If Not IsEmpty(Cell) Then StartRw = Cell.Row If Not IsEmpty(Cell.Offset(1, 0)) Then EndRw = Cell.End(xlDown).Row...

vlookup question #3
My wife owns a t-shirt company and I'm trying to help her write a spreadsheet that will calculate price per shirt printed using a vlookup formula. The table has 10 rows of quantities in the left column and 6 colums of colors 1-6 across the top row. As long as I only use one vlookup (for a one sided print job) it works perfectly. Where I'm getting stuck is when I try to add a second vlookup for the number of colors to be printed on the back of each shirt. As long as I have a quantity of 1 to 6 it works fine. It's when the value is 0 or blank that something is going very wrong. Th...

Windows will not "Tile" when one of them has Money Plus open
I've discovered that I cannot get my windows to "Tile" when using Money Plus. This is a big bummer because that is how I update my 401k account (not on any exchange so I must do it manually) I copy/paste info into it (money) and it is so much easier if I can tile windows. I used to do it all the time with my older MM Deluxe 2004. Funny thing is that the Money window tiles but the other one acts just like when you click "Tile Windows" when there is only one open... "bupkiss" just a 'bleep' and back to fully maxed... any ideas? On Wed, 5 Sep 2...

Referencing the name of a worksheet in a cell
hello excel gurus... I would like to have a string of text that incorporates the name of on the worksheet tab. I have a series of worksheet that are all very similar, it is just one word in the title that changes and that is what I will be naming the worksheet. Is there a way that I can have that cell reference the tab name, so that I only have to name it once and not twice. Thanks! -Bob Bob, Not sure if you want to get the cell from the tab name, or set the tab name from the cell value. So, if the former =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename&qu...

INDEX-MATCH with cell text driven names
Hi, I've read through a few posts that are close to what I'm trying to do but i can't get it to work. I'm constructing a fantasy F1 spreadsheet while i'm bored off work sick. Sheetnames in workbook DriverSummary, AUS, MAL, CHN, BHR,.....for each round/country of the season. Each sheet race sheet has a column for car number in called AUSarray, MALarray etc. AUSREF is cell A1 on the race sheets My current formula in the diver summary works well and is shown below. I have N() to return 0 when a race hasn't happened yet so that my sum() works. =N(OFFSET(AUSREF;MATCH($A4;AUS...

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

Combine multiple tables into one

Multiple domains #6

APPEND TO A CELL
How do I append to a number in A LARGE FILE column A only. EXAMPLE 1050 need 501050 In Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "RUSSELL" <RUSSELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DD30D7-7D95-4413-9050-4D164120EC0D@microsoft.com... > How do I append to a number in A LARGE FILE column A only. EXAMPLE 1050 > need > 501050 ...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

Removing Menu Option in VBA ( grey one out ) ?
Tracking Changes ? I am after the workaround for the disabling of tracking changes b anyone other than me. I presume ( and yes since I learnt this method I love it ) I can us the Environment settings... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub MeOnlyTrackChanges() If Environ("Fullname") <> "My Name Here" then Exit sub Elseif: <grey out the menu option for track changes here VBA COD needed > End Sub -----------------------...