Multiple monitors, Win2008 64 Bit, Excel 2007 SP2 MSO

I have multiple monitors. I want to have one excel with the ribbon and
all that on one monitor, and another excel with the ribbon and all
that on the monitor next to it.

This does not seem to be possible. Dragging the window to be larger
than one monitor is not intuitive and only works if the monitors are
set up to be "beside" each other - not cool if one monitor is actually
up on the wall and one is in front of me, since I have to hunt around
to make the window appear on the other monitor.

The "browse in same window" has been taken away from Vista/2008 server
because they took out the ability to edit which programs load which
files and the parameters. The soltion I googled at
http://brett.batie.com/dosshell/open-excel-in-two-windows-excel-2007-vista/
is not possible since I'm not allowed to modify program associations
by the computer policy settings on my network.

What is the go? How can I turn this critical feature back on?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Problem
Outlook 2007 stops working every time 10 seconds after I run it under Windows Vista. In the event viewer I have this: Faulting application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 12.0.4518.1014, time stamp 0x4542840f, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000af1c9, process id 0xc30, application start time 0x01c747849b157af9. I tried to solve the problem with no success by doing this: 1. Reinstall/repair outlook 2007 2. disabled all the adding in Outlook 2007. Any idea how to solve it ? thanks ra294 Y.A Just guessing but, the...

Create a list with multiple criteria

Excel different on new machine
I run XP Home with Office 2002 I have just installed my programs to a new machine. Excel is behaving differently on the new machine: Observed so far: i) I cannot select a cell by moving with the arrow keys. ii) I can insert a calculation, SUM for instance, into a cell and I get a 0.00 result. iii) Format > Cells provides three options, Border, pattern and protection. The old machine additionally gave me number, alignment and font. What have I miised? Thanks, Robin Chapple Hi Robin sounds strange to me ... (esp the iii ) ... can you open excel, go to help / about microsoft excel ...

Localized Header/Footer formatting codes in Excel 2000
Hello, I would like to set the Header/Footer parameters of an Excel worksheet from a VC++/MFC application using formatting codes, for example: PageSetup page = worksheet.GetPageSetup(); page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &T")); // print date and time to header The problem is that my Office 2000 is a localized version (Hungarian), and Excel doesn't seem to recognize the &T code, only the localized version, which is &I. This code works fine: page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &I")); I recorded a macro, and the generated VBA code also uses the non-localized vers...

Charting multiple multiples

Money 2007 #9
Hi, I'm back to money after a few years. I can't remember if it was quicken 2004 or Money 2004 that had a windows startup program. It showed bills due and you could add to your accounts without starting the program. I been looking for the program in Money 2007. Is it available? Thanks in advance. Jeff It was M2004 and got broke around the M2004/2005 era! Up to now MS haven't fixed it, but if enough people request, it might come back! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do...

How do I change the column headings in Excel?
I have a new computer at work and when I opened excel, i found the columns are labeled with numbers, just like the rows. This is very confusing. How do I change them back to letters like it should be? Go to Tools>Options>General and uncheck the R1C1 Reference Style checkbox. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "scmagnum" <scmagnum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AC61354-D38F-44F5-BBC9-C25AEF3C6186@microsoft.com... > I have a new computer at work and when I opened excel, i found the columns > are labeled wi...

MS 2007 DLX to Q2010
I am likely to make the switch this month to either Q2010 Premiere or Deluxe as I have only found MD as a plausible alternate. In anticipation, can anyone tell me how the conversion handles the following? I assume the conversion software is the same whether I buy Premier or Deluxe. I have a complete history (i.e. checking, savings, ira's, 401k, mortgages, loans, credit cards) back to circa 1993 at about 40mb in Money. I have no home inventory, budget, planner or frequent flyer info. Other than that, I have the following: - 2 levels of classifications - payee information...

Outlook 2007/2010 Printing Issues
A general question to pick the brains of any Office gurus out there, mainly to assess whether or not these requests are at all achievable. I have a handful of users that do not want to migrate from Outlook 2003 because of the way the calendar is printed and their refusal of change. The main issues are as follows: - Need to combine Saturday and Sunday into one column, as it does in 2003, but has not been achievable in 2007 or 2010 that I've seen. Have tried third party apps to no avail. - Each day needs to be able to hold a multitude of appointments. An example I am lookin...

Excel Instances
My coworker is having a hard time getting more than one workbook to open in a single instance of Excel. It seems that no matter how we try to open the second workbook, a new instance of Excel is opened. "Ignore other applications" is not selected in Tools - Options. For kicks I tried selecting that as an option and it made no difference. Excel continued to open a new instance with every new file. Any suggestions? you COULD open workbook2 from File/Open, rather than double-clicking in windows explorer. "StephanieH" <StephanieH@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Transferring Excel Spreadsheet into Access
I work in a Real Estate Brokerage Firm. We need to transfer our current excel based spreadsheet into Access. Our goal is to utilize Access for superior Database Management while maintaining Excel's calculator functions. Is that feasible and if so, how? Also can this be done in an HTML environment? Thanks. Nancy From my perspective, Excel provides strong "calculator" functions, as you describe it, while Access, as a relational database, offers strong database functionality. These represent two different tools. What about "Database Management" (whatever you mean by...

Make Excel's "grab and drag" behave like cut and paste "values only" ?
Excel question. Is there an easy way to make Excel's "grab and drag" behave like cut and paste "values only" ? Scenario : One sheet has input data Another sheet has formula to display output data which uses the input data as its variables There is a close positional match of data on both sheets (e.g. data entered A1 on sheet 1 affects the results in A1 on sheet 2) What I would like to be able to use Excel's "grab and drag" (this is where you put the mouse cursor right on the edge of a highlighted block of data and drag it to another location...

distributing data into multiple cells

Money 2007
Okay, it's dumb of me to be bothered by this, but I'd really like to find the answer to this. I remember that, at some point while I was setting up Money 2007 I had a choice as to which day I wanted to be the first day of the week on the application's calendar. I selected Monday, thinking it would display the week the way Outlook 2003 does. Well, it doesn't. I'd like to set Sunday to the first day of the week, but I'm danged if I can find out how to change the setting again. Does anyone know? Thanks On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:55:02 -0800, jimmuh <jimmuh@discussi...

Single click selects multiple cells

Webcast: Monitoring, Backing Up, and Restoring Exchange 2010 with
In this webcast on March 3, 2010, we look at how System Center can improve the health and availability of your servers running Exchange with the Exchange Server 2010 Management Pack for Microsoft Operations Manager 2007 and Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2007: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/archive/2010/02/24/upcoming-technet-webcast-monitoring-backing-up-and-restoring-exchange-server-2010-with-system-center.aspx J.C. Hornbeck | Microsoft ...

Can not install Office Ultimate 2007 because of a setup error mess
Hello group, I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2 (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I discontinued the setup. Any information/ass...

adding money amounts in excel
I am using a formula to calculate 10% of an amount which is rounded off to 2 decimal places. The amount is $1,952.48 and it is rounded off to $195.25 which is what I want it to do. The problem I am encountering is when I click on the cell the actual value of the number is 195.248. When I add 10 amounts of the value 195.25 it is calculated to be 1952.48, which is not correct. The correct sum should be 1952.50. when I copy and paste these values to a different spread sheet, it is copying 195.248. How do I copy and paste the 195.25 amount? I hope this makes sense to someone because ...

Excel #137
Column A B C C=A*B If A*B<$200 C=$200 Is the above logic possible. Thank you in advance for your help....MK One way: =MAX(200, A * B) Format as currency. In article <85E281FA-FEDC-4363-82B9-B503F01CC076@microsoft.com>, "MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Column A B C > > C=A*B > If A*B<$200 C=$200 > > Is the above logic possible. =IF(A*B<200,200,A*B) -- tj "MK" wrote: > Column A B C > > C=A*B > If A*B<$200 C=$200 > > Is the above logic possible. > > Thank you in advance for...

Sending to multiple addresses

XP Excel
Anyone know why Excel XP will not start up with the Task Bar showing, even though the check is clicked as on? Thanks for any help ...