multi pane location freeze?

Using Office 2000:

Is there a way to freeze  a set of pains in two different locations?

Example:

Row 1 has my title heading/descriptions

Row 300 has my totals for the items

I'd like to see my totals at all times and have my title heading shown at
all times make the in between scrollable.
---------------------------
I thought maybe I can freeze row 1 and also do a split but office only lets
you do one or the other.

any help/suggestions?

thanks

0
ADK1 (22)
11/17/2005 6:12:09 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

sorry I meant panes, not pains :-)

"ADK" <ADK@noreply2today.com> wrote in message
> Using Office 2000:
>

> Is there a way to freeze  a set of pains in two different locations?
>
> Example:
>
> Row 1 has my title heading/descriptions
>
> Row 300 has my totals for the items
>
> I'd like to see my totals at all times and have my title heading shown at
> all times make the in between scrollable.
> ---------------------------
> I thought maybe I can freeze row 1 and also do a split but office only
> lets you do one or the other.
>
> any help/suggestions?
>
> thanks

0
ADK1 (22)
11/17/2005 6:13:41 PM
Hi

I always put my Totals at the top of the page, above the Header row, then
Freeze panes below the header.

Regards

Roger Govier

ADK wrote:
> Using Office 2000:
>

> Is there a way to freeze  a set of pains in two different locations?
>
> Example:
>
> Row 1 has my title heading/descriptions
>
> Row 300 has my totals for the items
>
> I'd like to see my totals at all times and have my title heading shown at
> all times make the in between scrollable.
> ---------------------------
> I thought maybe I can freeze row 1 and also do a split but office only lets
> you do one or the other.
>
> any help/suggestions?
>
> thanks

0
roger1272 (620)
11/17/2005 6:27:37 PM
Nope.

You get one spot to freeze the pane.

But you could open an new window:
Window|new Window
and then arrange them so that you can see each:
window|arrange|horizontal

As alternative, have you thought about putting the totals in row 1.  Then you
can freeze panes so that rows 1:x are always visible.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Roger Govier" <roger@nospamtechnology4u.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I always put my Totals at the top of the page, above the Header row, then
> Freeze panes below the header.
>
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> ADK wrote:
>> Using Office 2000:
>>

>> Is there a way to freeze  a set of pains in two different locations?
>>
>> Example:
>>
>> Row 1 has my title heading/descriptions
>>
>> Row 300 has my totals for the items
>>
>> I'd like to see my totals at all times and have my title heading shown at
>> all times make the in between scrollable.
>> ---------------------------
>> I thought maybe I can freeze row 1 and also do a split but office only
>> lets you do one or the other.
>>
>> any help/suggestions?
>>
>> thanks

0
ADK1 (22)
11/17/2005 6:37:48 PM
Hi

Not if you define your Print area to start at Row 2.

Regards

Roger Govier

ADK wrote:
> Problem with that is it is a undesirable format when the sheet is printed.
>

> "Roger Govier" <roger@nospamtechnology4u.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I always put my Totals at the top of the page, above the Header row, then
>>Freeze panes below the header.
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Roger Govier
>>

>>ADK wrote:
>>
>>>Using Office 2000:
>>>

>>>Is there a way to freeze  a set of pains in two different locations?
>>>
>>>Example:
>>>
>>>Row 1 has my title heading/descriptions
>>>
>>>Row 300 has my totals for the items
>>>
>>>I'd like to see my totals at all times and have my title heading shown at
>>>all times make the in between scrollable.
>>>---------------------------
>>>I thought maybe I can freeze row 1 and also do a split but office only
>>>lets you do one or the other.
>>>
>>>any help/suggestions?
>>>
>>>thanks

0
roger1272 (620)
11/17/2005 6:37:49 PM
Is freeze the pane in one spot the same in newer versions of excel?

Has this been added to a wish list (is there a wishlist?)?

> Nope.
>
> You get one spot to freeze the pane.
>
> But you could open an new window:
> Window|new Window
> and then arrange them so that you can see each:
> window|arrange|horizontal
>
> As alternative, have you thought about putting the totals in row 1.  Then
> you
> can freeze panes so that rows 1:x are always visible.
>

> ADK wrote:
>>
>> Using Office 2000:
>>
>> Is there a way to freeze  a set of pains in two different locations?
>>
>> Example:
>>
>> Row 1 has my title heading/descriptions
>>
>> Row 300 has my totals for the items
>>
>> I'd like to see my totals at all times and have my title heading shown at
>> all times make the in between scrollable.
>> ---------------------------
>> I thought maybe I can freeze row 1 and also do a split but office only
>> lets
>> you do one or the other.
>>
>> any help/suggestions?
>>
>> thanks
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
ADK1 (22)
11/17/2005 6:40:00 PM
I noticed that in Office 12 screenshot it has SUM in the status bar.

http://www.eweek.com/slideshow_viewer/0,1205,l=&s=700&a=159993&po=4,00.asp

Is there a way to use visual basic within excel to place info (like a cell
value) in the status bar? ...or would this have to be an add-in?

"ADK" <ADK@noreply2today.com> wrote in message
> Using Office 2000:
>

> Is there a way to freeze  a set of pains in two different locations?
>
> Example:
>
> Row 1 has my title heading/descriptions
>
> Row 300 has my totals for the items
>
> I'd like to see my totals at all times and have my title heading shown at
> all times make the in between scrollable.
> ---------------------------
> I thought maybe I can freeze row 1 and also do a split but office only
> lets you do one or the other.
>
> any help/suggestions?
>
> thanks

0
ADK1 (22)
11/17/2005 6:51:15 PM
You can get Sum (or another function) in earlier versions of excel.

Rightclick on the statusbar (bottom right corner, near the embossed boxes) and
choose the function you want.

You'll have to have more than one cell selected, though.

And you can put stuff in the left side of the statusbar with code like:

application.statusbar = activecell.value  '.text  'if you want it formatted

But it might be better to make a small macro that you can run anytime you want
(assign it to a hot key combination) that shows what you want.

It wouldn't have to be in an addin, but you could use an addin.  You could also
just use any old workbook that's open when excel opens.

Lots of people use a workbook named personal.xls stored into their XLStart
folder.

--

Dave Peterson
0

I should have added, you can still have your normal total row at its
required position at the end of the report. This would show up in the print
area, but by starting the print area at Row 2, you wouldn't get the
duplicated set of values showing at the top of the report.

If you didn't want the totals to be always visible on the screen, only when
you are entering data, then a simple macro to switch Freeze panes to moving
the screen down and locking at B3 rather than B2 would do the trick.

Regards

Roger Govier

Roger Govier wrote:
> Hi
>
> Not if you define your Print area to start at Row 2.
>
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> ADK wrote:
>
>> Problem with that is it is a undesirable format when the sheet is
>> printed.
>>

>> "Roger Govier" <roger@nospamtechnology4u.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I always put my Totals at the top of the page, above the Header row,
>>> then Freeze panes below the header.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Roger Govier

0
roger1272 (620)

multi-column data consolidation
Hi guys, here is my problem.... Scenario: - Column A to F are months (Jan to June) - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b entered. Question: How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul update the database. Thank you for any assistance/help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Question is not clear to me. Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries Perhaps, in G2 enter =...

Multi profile
I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular. Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting "Hide when minimized" is already OFF. thanks Hi abcd, have a look in the "Task Manager" under "Process" if Outlook.exe is stil...

How do I switch to horizontal pane split?
I'm pretty sure this is something sooooo easy - I just want to read my emails horizontally, underneath my inbox, not to the right of it - I call this horizontal pane split, but perhaps I am searching with the wrong key words. HELP! Judy Outlook\View\Reading Pane -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Judy C" <Judy C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E18ACA6B-9050-46F3-ABE2-AC57064757EC@microsoft.com... > I'm pretty sure this is something sooooo easy -...

Stop Getting Started task pane from launching in Excel
I have deselected the Task Pane from the Toolbars drop down. Save the settings in the Book1.xlt and worksheet.xlt files but the Getting Started task pane still appears when I launch Excel. I've searched my entire local drive for any other template that may be loaded but the two above are the only ones I have. ...

File freezes
When I open my file the cursor turns to a new document icon (small white page with dog ear at top) and I cannot enter any data anywhere, close the file ... nothing. I am so frustrated with this happening so often I am considering Lotus 123 (Oh no!). Help. One way to move a worksheet is to click and drag on the worksheet tab. It has that same icon. It sounds like your mouse might be sticking. I'd try gently banging on it to see if that releases the buttons. (and if you have a wheelmouse, click a few times on that wheel, too.) Netnellie wrote: > > When I open my file the ...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, -------------------------------------------------------- Abvent Artlantis v4.5 Mac 1CD Abvent.PhotoCAD.v1.0.MacOSX ACD.Systems.Canvas.X.0.2.925.MacOSX Adobe.Acrobat.7.0.Pro.for.Mac.OS 1CD Adobe Acrobat 6.0.0 Professional Mac OSX 1CD ...

Open/close Navigation Pane programatically
I'm using the following VBA code to establish a link from a field Access database to a main office Access database: DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "Microsoft Access", "G:\ThePath\Transaction Database.accdb", acTable, "tblInputNDETrans", "tblInputNDETrans" As soon as the line starts to execute, the Navigation Pane pops open (even though I have it turned off in "Access Options") exposing the field database objects to who knows what. I really don't ever want this to happen for obvious security reasons. Is there a way to ...

Multi-threading with multi-port server
Hi guys, Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement server with multi- threading and multi-port? meaning, I would like my server to receive audio and video in different ports, and they run concurrently and send the data to clients. I am so lost, because I would mess up my .accept and .listen and setparent if i have videosocket and audiosocket object. I tried and it just froze. "Rehmet" <rgnurrahmat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8f9b7615-8252-4661-9949-8812b735aa00@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > > Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement serve...

Multi Store Workflow Question
We have one store and a warehouse. We need to order and receive items at the warehouse and transfer them to the store. We need the store to be able to see what is on order and all inventory at the warehouse. Is anyone doing something like this, and how easy it it? At a recent demo, this required many steps, logging into 3 different databases, doing updates, etc. Very confusing for simple tasks we need to do every day. Marvin: Microsoft RMS HeadQuarters would be the solution for you. You can view the inventory in Warehouse and items on order from the Store Mihir Shah Diviasoft, In...

Changing a link to the same spreadsheet in another location
Part 1: I want to change links in my Publisher document from one Excel spreadsheet to another referencing the same area. I have tried to change links, but Publisher displays the entire spreadsheet, not the same range. How do I edit and specify the the range I want? ...

Multi axis chart
Hi, I want to show a stacked chart, ie 4 products sales value in a given month. But then compare it to the prvious years results. I know you could use a 3D chart to show 3 axis, however I can't find how to have the 2 axis (last year and this year) stacked. Hope you understand what I'm asking A 3D chart is more likely to obscure than show anything. I'm not sure what you're looking for. Perhaps a stacked-clustered column chart, where each column in the cluster has the four stacked values for each year. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-co...

disable preview pane in registry.
HI, Can Anyone tell me the syntax for creating the registry key that disables the preview pane opition in Outlook. I would like to deny this option to my users. Thanks in advance, Mike Did anyone come up with an answer to this one? I Have a user that wants to disable the preview pane for all of his folders with out doing it one by one. Even when he turns them off, the preview pane will automaticly come back on. Steven >-----Original Message----- >HI, > >Can Anyone tell me the syntax for creating the registry >key that disables the preview pane opition in Outlook. I...

How to change font used in Folders pane
How can I change the font that Outlook uses in the folders pane? I know I did it before, but I can't remember how. Thanks in advance, gary ...

Freezing Panes and the bottom of screen
I know you can freeze panes for columns to the left and rows at the top. What I want is to freeze panes at the bottom of the screen. I have a series of values that need totaling in the middle of the screen and the totals at the bottom. I am now out of space and want to move the total further down the sheet (i.e the row 200). I need the totals to be visible at all times and be able to scroll up and down to see the values that are being totaled. The obvious solution is to move the totals to the top and freeze the panes as normal, but this is quite inconvenient because when I go to prin...

Multi language
Does anyone know whether Office 2004 has built in additional languages? Say if I buy the Japanese or Spanish version and install on English OS = X, do I=20 have everything in English (GUI)? In Office v.X this did not work. Does = it now? joe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know whether Office 2004 has built in additional languages? > Say if I buy the Japanese or Spanish version and install on English OS X, > do I have everything in English (GUI)? In Office v.X this did not work. > Does it now? Considering that the application would need a fairly...

Multi-select list box for multi-column query
Hi, I have a list box lstBudVols from which I want users to select 4 items. Once these are selected, I want to use the selection for each as criteria for a different column in a query eg select 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 in the list box, the output columns would be: TSL 2010 2011 2012 2013 xx xxx xxx xxx xxx I've done this earlier already using 2 different list boxes, but it would not be a smooth, well built database if the user had to select from 4 different lists. Is there a way of modifying: For Each vItm In Me.lstBudVols.ItemsSelected strWhat=etc I need...

Restoring Public Folders in multi-site environments
Hello, we have 1 exchange organization, 4 exchange servers in 4 locations and have public folders replicated to all 4 servers. Some days ago, one of admins accidentally delete one folder with subfolders using System Manager:-( We are going with restoring public store on one of servers. All goes fine, until replication was done. Folder became deleted once more, due to replication from other 3 servers. I search MS site regarding this fact.., but nothing found. As I understand, there should be some mechanism like authoritative restore for AD, but I've only found utility authrest.exe,...

Remove bars (left hand pane)
Hi, is it possible to remove the Marketing or Service bars (in the left hand pane)? One of our clients would like their users to be focused on just areas that they will use, for example, the Sales users (by Role) will not need the Service bar. Is it possible to do this? TIA Yes, simply click on Workplace bar, then just above click on "personalize Workplace" then tick on or off what you need "GP" <GP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0EC16FF-85A0-4505-AEAB-3433DF5BE459@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > is it possible to remove the Marke...

Excel 2002 can't locate xlmain8.hlp
Trying to access help for the report manager add-in, the error messsage shown above appears. I've searched through all my office locations as well as the installation cd's and can't find a file with this name. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks. Bob xlmain8.hlp is from Excel 97. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Bob Fitzgerald <bobf@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:Xns941DAC56EE730pel.@207.46.248.16... > Trying to access help for the report manager add-in, the error > messsage shown above appears. I've searched through all my > office locations as well as the install...

Freezing problems
HELP! Outlook freezing whenever we try and send anything with an attachment, even opening and closing Outlook currently gives error messages. Run detect and repair, program error says it has disabled outvba.dll, I have re- enabled it and now another file ms something is coming up as an error. Have run a compact now on pst as well. Have deinstalled and reinstalled office but settings in XP are in Documents and settings so all information was retained. PST is 61 Meg. Please help! Thank you. When is the last time you ran a scandisk (Windows 98) or chkdsk (NT/2K/XP/2K3) on your d...

Tricky Freeze Panes question
Hi all Excel Wiz's out there! This is what I want to do: I would like to have cells A1-A22 static, always visible, and still be able to scroll horizontally and vertically. I have tried to do this with freeze panes but can't get it to work. Thankful for any help! Martin Martin To freeze A1:A22 select B23 and Window>Freeze Panes. Note: you cannot freeze just a column without freezing the rows also. Rows 1 through 22 will also be frozen. Which is maybe why you state "can't get it to work". Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On 31 Jul 2003 19:40:04 ...

SmartList Builder Multi-company
When you create a multi-company SmartList, how can you get it to list the company that the record comes from? For example, I built a SmartList to give me all the GL account numbers and descriptions for 10 different companies. But when I run it, I can't tell which company it it pulling a particular account from. I tried to link the Company Master, but it only links to a couple of temp tables. If you create a view with the information, you can add a company reference and display it in your SmartList. "terrideo" wrote: > When you create a multi-company SmartList, how...

Multi-sheet bar chart data problems
Hi folks, I have a multi-sheet workbook. Each page has a sell containing a total - let's call it "D2" again... :o) I want to take data from cell "D2" on each sheet and make a "clustered column" chart. I also want each column to take the name of each sheet, thus: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ |______|______|______| sheet1 sheet2 sheet3 etc. Is this possible? I have tried using the Chart Wizard but, when I select cell D2 across all sheets... Data range: ='sheet1:sheet4'!$D$2 ....it returns an error: "Refer...

Locating Formulas within a Worksheet
I need to locate a formula that is trying to update wheneven I open particular spreadsheet. Is there a way to find all formulas within worksheet? The spreadsheet has only one worksheet with approximately 2000 rows an about 40 columns. It is not really a large spreadsheet comparativel speaking, but locating the formula manually (moving to each cell) woul take a lot of time. I cannot copy all and paste values as some cell must remain active formulas. I run into this problem once in a while. Any help would be appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try: - select you...

Why does my MSWord Document Freeze
I have a large word document, 773,200+ as of today. After each and every keystroke MSWord freezes for about 30 seconds. Why? Another keystroke another freeze for 30 seconds? It can't be the number of words in the document because I have another large word document, 806,800+ words and the entering new data to this document is normal, with no stoppage of keystrokes. Autosave is set at 10 minutes. What can I check and/or change in the 773K word file to get it to process normally? Try saving it as an .rtf file, close it, and then open it and save it as a word document a...