multi criteria filter

Hi,

If i want to filter a single column to only show A G, J, and P ( i choose
these letters as they cant be lumped together as a range) how would i do
that in a maro or VB

Any tips appreciated

Cheers

Deus
--
DNE

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could do it using Data|Advanced filter using a criteria range.

Record a macro when you do it once and you'll have the code.

Debra Dalgleish has some tips for working with Advanced Filter here:
http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

Another option would be to use a helper column that contains formulas that
return true/false and then filter that column to show the trues.

=or(a2={"a","g","j","p"})

You could build that column of formulas manually and hide it, but still use it
in your code.  Again, just record a macro when you do the filter and you'll have
the code.

--

Dave Peterson
0

multi-column data consolidation
Hi guys, here is my problem.... Scenario: - Column A to F are months (Jan to June) - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b entered. Question: How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul update the database. Thank you for any assistance/help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Question is not clear to me. Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries Perhaps, in G2 enter =...

complex count formulas using multiple criteria in different ranges
I am trying to calculate a count, if a range of cells meets multiple criteria. This formula is in an existing worksheet that I inherited and it works as it currently exists to give me the count of items that meet the criteria of being both (1) account type # in cell range $U= "50000" and the value in Cell range $X is a value (ie is not blank or negative). See formula below plus an explanation of my problem. {=SUM(IF('Repo Data'!$X$2:$X$4938=0,IF('Repo Data'!$U$2:$U$4938="50000",1)))+SUM(IF('Repo Data'!$X$2:$X$4938>0,IF('Repo ...

Multi profile
I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular. Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting "Hide when minimized" is already OFF. thanks Hi abcd, have a look in the "Task Manager" under "Process" if Outlook.exe is stil...

Criteria in my Query
I'm sure this is a very easy question to answer but I am new to access so sorry. I have a list of report names and for my query I want the user to enter the report name but not have to enter the entire name. For example, if the reports name is "access database report" I want the user to be able to enter "access" and have that report show up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Are you attempting to do this with a combobox? Set the Auto Expand property to Yes. Nick wrote: >I'm sure this is a very easy question to answer but I am new to access so >s...

default filter for contracts
When I navigate to contracts via either accounts or contacts (Accounts or Contacts > contracts under Services in left hand pane), the default filter is for draft contracts. Now that we have contracts setup, wouldn't it be nice to set the default filter to active contracts? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsre...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, -------------------------------------------------------- Abvent Artlantis v4.5 Mac 1CD Abvent.PhotoCAD.v1.0.MacOSX ACD.Systems.Canvas.X.0.2.925.MacOSX Adobe.Acrobat.7.0.Pro.for.Mac.OS 1CD Adobe Acrobat 6.0.0 Professional Mac OSX 1CD ...

Keep lines when one column equals certain criteria
Thanks for taking a look at this one. I have a worksheet with invoice amounts, payments, voids and adjustments each on a separate line. Each line has an invoice reference in Col F. If Column K has "Adj" in it I would like for it to keep all the corresponding lines for that invoice. Col F Col K 12344 12345 12345 12345 Adj 123456 123456 Adj 123457 123457 I would want it to keep all the lines for inv. 12345 and all the lines for 123456 Thanks Think it would have been better/far easier for responders to gr...

Multi-threading with multi-port server
Hi guys, Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement server with multi- threading and multi-port? meaning, I would like my server to receive audio and video in different ports, and they run concurrently and send the data to clients. I am so lost, because I would mess up my .accept and .listen and setparent if i have videosocket and audiosocket object. I tried and it just froze. "Rehmet" <rgnurrahmat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8f9b7615-8252-4661-9949-8812b735aa00@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > > Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement serve...

Multi Store Workflow Question
We have one store and a warehouse. We need to order and receive items at the warehouse and transfer them to the store. We need the store to be able to see what is on order and all inventory at the warehouse. Is anyone doing something like this, and how easy it it? At a recent demo, this required many steps, logging into 3 different databases, doing updates, etc. Very confusing for simple tasks we need to do every day. Marvin: Microsoft RMS HeadQuarters would be the solution for you. You can view the inventory in Warehouse and items on order from the Store Mihir Shah Diviasoft, In...

allow discount date and due date criteria for selecting checks
In the select checks window, the discount dates and due dates options are an either/or option. Both of these criteria should be allowed as it can allow companies to better utilize cash flows. This will automate the activity instead of depending on the user to manage the selected invoices that would be within the dates selected. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to o...

Multi axis chart
Hi, I want to show a stacked chart, ie 4 products sales value in a given month. But then compare it to the prvious years results. I know you could use a 3D chart to show 3 axis, however I can't find how to have the 2 axis (last year and this year) stacked. Hope you understand what I'm asking A 3D chart is more likely to obscure than show anything. I'm not sure what you're looking for. Perhaps a stacked-clustered column chart, where each column in the cluster has the four stacked values for each year. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-co...

Cell values as criteria for SUMIF and other functions
Hi, I have just changed jobs and am now working on XP instead of office 2000. I used to be able to write a formula such as: =SUMIF(A2:A10,<D2,B2:B10) I can't seem to be able to reference a cell for a criterion when the operator is anything other than "=". Can somebody point me in the right direction. Thanks & Regards, Will "Will" <william.cull@core-bi.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:1153742142.472000.75490@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have just changed jobs and am now working on XP instead of office > 2000. I used to be...

filter #13
My filter will only pick up data on the first page. How do I get it to continue to all of the pages? Hi what do you mean with 'page' a part of on worksheet or a separate worksheet? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Malinda" <Malinda@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E5EB1D8C-52B3-44FE-9E84-8C0D407AFDEA@microsoft.com... > My filter will only pick up data on the first page. How do I get it to > continue to all of the pages? ...

Auto-Filter in Excel
Is there a maximum number of records allowed in Auto-Filter? The dropdown list can only display 1000 items but you can overcome that http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Charlene" <Charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C62AE167-2A76-4E49-8C4D-7F40CDD50BE0@microsoft.com... > Is there a maximum number of records allowed in Auto-Filter? Not to the best of my knowledge, however there is a maximum of items which will be displayed in the select window. I have gotten around this by setting up a dummy colum...

ODBC LINK giving error with filter
Hope someone can help. I’m not to sure where to post this. Forms, linking , ODBC I have a main form with subform. Main form has: Combo box [cboJobid]which is filled with a query. Combo is Numeric. Text field [Jobid_txt]looks at combo and takes in the number as Text. [Subform1] is ODBC link driven by query. The child is [JobNumber] which is text The Master is [Jobid_txt] When I do the child / master I get an ambiguous message: “Microsoft office Access has encountered a problem and needs to close… “ When I erase the filter of Child /Master I do not get the error but I do get all the record...

Multi language
Does anyone know whether Office 2004 has built in additional languages? Say if I buy the Japanese or Spanish version and install on English OS = X, do I=20 have everything in English (GUI)? In Office v.X this did not work. Does = it now? joe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know whether Office 2004 has built in additional languages? > Say if I buy the Japanese or Spanish version and install on English OS X, > do I have everything in English (GUI)? In Office v.X this did not work. > Does it now? Considering that the application would need a fairly...

Junk mail filter not working
I just set my junk mail filter to "safe lists only" after carefully loading a safe senders list (about 250 email addresses). I also have it check my contacts as safe (about 650 email addresses). Lots of junk mail is still coming to my box. What's wrong? Is there a limit to the number of safe senders? Is this Outlook 2003? Is the mail remaining in your in-box or is it moved to the Junk Mail folder? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my perso...

Filter on Return Path
Is there a way to filter mail based on the return path domain? ...

autosum, filter then copy and paste
Hello People, Hope you can help me out with this one. I have a spreadsheet with a 13 tabs. 1 main one and the others for each month of the year. The spreadsheet will be used to log insurance policies issued by that department. ~What I want to be able to do is to put data into the main one and depending on when the start date of the policy is, to select and copy into the correct month. I don't wether I can enter in a formula with out using VBA. Has anybody got any ideas? Thanks Will --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Will I would use Advanced Filter to extract...

Multi-select list box for multi-column query
Hi, I have a list box lstBudVols from which I want users to select 4 items. Once these are selected, I want to use the selection for each as criteria for a different column in a query eg select 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 in the list box, the output columns would be: TSL 2010 2011 2012 2013 xx xxx xxx xxx xxx I've done this earlier already using 2 different list boxes, but it would not be a smooth, well built database if the user had to select from 4 different lists. Is there a way of modifying: For Each vItm In Me.lstBudVols.ItemsSelected strWhat=etc I need...

Restoring Public Folders in multi-site environments
Hello, we have 1 exchange organization, 4 exchange servers in 4 locations and have public folders replicated to all 4 servers. Some days ago, one of admins accidentally delete one folder with subfolders using System Manager:-( We are going with restoring public store on one of servers. All goes fine, until replication was done. Folder became deleted once more, due to replication from other 3 servers. I search MS site regarding this fact.., but nothing found. As I understand, there should be some mechanism like authoritative restore for AD, but I've only found utility authrest.exe,...

Create a list using two criteria
I need a routine that will identify the rows that have a number in between two numbers in Column A and also numbers in between two numbers in column B. Column A has numbers between (and including) 1 and 10 Column B has numbers Between (and including) 100 and 200 Columns C - G have coresponding data I1 has the low variable for column A I2 has the high variable for column A J1 has the low variable for column B J2 has the high variable for column B What I need is a routine that after I input the variables of, say 3 and 5 in I1 - I2 and 100 and 125 in J1 and J2 it will return a...

Form with filter
Hi, I have a table with a form "frmdata" related to it so as to enter data. I have created another form "frmSearch" to show only certain record depending on a "BirthDate " field with format of Short Date with input Mask of 99/99/00;0 In the regular form "frmData" I entered 2 digit year and it is turned automaticly to 4 digit year. In the second form "frmSearch" I have the following code (on open event): Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.OpenForm "frmSearch1", acNormal, , [Birthdate] = "10/10/1964" End S...

How to enable Intelligent Message Filter auto update?
I enable IMF auto update according to KB 907747, but it seem dosen't work. Why? I have installed SP2, and enable IMF in the Default Virtual SMTP Server. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907747 -- ----------------------------------------- http://gaosheng.blogchina.com ----------------------------------------- Hi, Found a solution yet? I'm having the same problem. Windows2003 sp1 & Exchange2003 sp2 "gaoaheng" <someone@microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:OTy0vS$FGHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I enable IMF auto update according to KB 907747, but it ...

SmartList Builder Multi-company
When you create a multi-company SmartList, how can you get it to list the company that the record comes from? For example, I built a SmartList to give me all the GL account numbers and descriptions for 10 different companies. But when I run it, I can't tell which company it it pulling a particular account from. I tried to link the Company Master, but it only links to a couple of temp tables. If you create a view with the information, you can add a company reference and display it in your SmartList. "terrideo" wrote: > When you create a multi-company SmartList, how...