MsQuery returning one record + one empty record

Hi all,
In the same excel file, i have one sheet containing data and one running a
MSQuery to retrive some of the data with a parameter. The problem is that
when only one record should be returned, I have that record and a blank
record. Because I have formulas that are auto-extended, I have two lines of
formula. In MsQuery UI, there's only one record.

I hope this is clear,
Thanks

Pierre-André
0
PA (98)
5/27/2009 8:22:17 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

2 CListCtrl with one hor. scrollbar
Hello, I've two listctrl with same coloumns & same col-width. i need a function to scroll list2 with list1 scrollbar. Jimmy On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:51:24 +0200, Johann Obermayr <Johann.Obermayr@fastrun.at> wrote: >Hello, > >I've two listctrl with same coloumns & same col-width. >i need a function to scroll list2 with list1 scrollbar. > > Jimmy Handle WM_HSCROLL and WM_VSCROLL as necessary and forward the messages to the 2nd list control. To keep the controls in sync, you will also have to watch keyboard navigation; for example, paging down doe...

Counting Cells (including Empty Ones)
Is there a way i can count teh number of cells between A5:A89 including the emply cells? I would like it to stay up-to-date automatically without my having to go back and do all the math myself. So if i add a few rows in between i will automatically count the new rows. It does that if there are numbers there but not if there are NO numbers. Thanks! Maybe the ROWS function. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Jacob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95E22AD7-4254-41B7-A4E3-A6407A6267BB@microsoft.com... | Is there a way i can count teh number of cells between ...

VLOOKUP
I have this function: =VLOOKUP(S2,'MFD Cost Table'!$B$3:$C$13,2) The lookup value is either 5655, WC 255 or WCP36. The formula brings back the price of the lookup value. It does not bring back the right price for WC 255 or WCP36 even though they are entered correctly into the table. It does bring back the right price for the 5655. Am I doing something wrong? =VLOOKUP(S2,'MFD Cost Table'!$B$3:$C$13,2,FALSE) Look in HELP for the meaning of the 4th argument (FALSE) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Caroline" <Caroline@disc...

How to return current customer
I have a form with a combo box that displays a list of billing dates and when I choose a billing date, I want it to only show me the possible bill dates for that one customer and currently, it is showing me all billing dates for all customers. Is there a statement to use in the control source (or somewhere) that is on the order of "= current xxxxx" that will do this? Thanks. Yes, open the form in design view and see what the combo Row Source is. If it is a SQL statement then post along with the name of your form and combo box. If it is a query then post the q...

How do I insert just one worksheet of a workbook into an email?
I have a workbook that holds all pertinent niformation for a particular account. Some of the sheets have budgetary information that should not be shared. But one of the sheets is one that I need to email regularly to another agency. I haven't been ablet o figure out how to insert just the sheet I need into an email. I have Microsoft Windows XP Home edition version 2002. Any help would be appreciated. Sarah You can copy the worksheet into a new workbook and send that workbook as an attachment. OR.................. Download Ron de Bruin's SendMail add-in which allows sending ...

How to send one-page form out email and keep i to one page
I creaed a registraion form with a few places to be filled in--protected it for just filling in the blanks and sent out via email. When received, the page was NO longer one-page but two. When viewing on my computer, even sending it tomyself, the form is only one page. How can I get this form to stay as one page when sending out to others???? To preserve the layout, try putting the form fields inside (border-less) table cells whose dimensions are fixed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Georgia Podsobiski" <Georgia Podsobiski@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Removing Attachments from Multiple Emails at One Time #2
Hi: I searched to get all emails with attachments that are from last year or older. Now I want to select them all and remove the attachments from all of them, but keep the messages. I can do this one at a time, but how do I do this for all emails? Thanks, Kayda Hi, See if this is what you're looking for: http://www.nextword.com/AttachmentMasterProd.htm -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "tabladude@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi: > > I searched to get all...

Validation
I would like to set the cell to prompt a message when I enter a (#1), a different messgae to prompt when I enter (#2-4), and another different message to prompt when the entry is (>#5). How or can you enter multiple criteria to one cell? Thank you! ...

how to return a date
Hi all, I have these lines of code: D = Mid(Range(Cells(rijrij, kolkol), Cells(rijrij, kolkol)), N + 13, 100) If D <> "" Then If DateValue(D) < Date Then The content of Cells(rijrij, kolkol) was always like: Brink PN�M��03�04 24 februari 2010 D resulted in a date (continental European notation), in this case 24 februari 2010. The second and third lines of coded worked like intended. Now in some (not all) cases the content of Cells(rijrij, kolkol) is like: Berg PN�A��05�06 18 februari 2010 vonnis The differe...

Combining chart in one sheet
How can I put 2 or more graphs into one chart sheet? Here's a link to some info that might help: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip005.htm John Walkenbach For Excel tips, macros, & downloads... http://j-walk.com/ss "Angel Agosto" <gumster@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:273d401c38f3f$3621eb10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I put 2 or more graphs into one chart sheet? ...

Auto complete was empty today anyone know how to fix??
I have hundreds of emails in auto complete and today when I tried to use it they were all gone. this happened to me about 3 years ago and i never found out why. Can anyone help me please.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com It happens all the time. You should expect it. The autocompletion cache was never intended to be a substitute for Contacts. You should never use it as such. -- Russ Valentine "mike long" <mlong[at]sunsetmg[dot]com> wrote in message news:u2xeA$DeKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have hundreds of emails in auto complete and tod...

Returned e-mail
What does the Outlook message - 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) mean and how can it be avoided? ...

One to many vlookup
Hi All I have two sheets, here is an example of what I am looking at: Sheet 1: Scenario: Number 1 Number 2 Number 3 130 10 10 33 etc. Sheet 2: Scenario: Number: 1 2067896512 1 2098172651 1 4258712369 10 4258097209 10 5783992762 20 1891237762 33 2349785432 33 2131452332 33 9843527232 130 4354678976 130 7836284285 etc. I would like to h...

Filtering one column based on multiple arguements
I want to filter my spread sheet with a macro based on the information in one column, the catch is that I'd like to hide anything that is one of 5 different entries. From my initial testing I concluded that Excel might not support more than 2 arguements per column in a filter. This is a problem as I have thousands of entries with about 15 different codes, but 5 of the codes are different ways of saying that something didn't happen (each for a different reason which is important, otherwise I could just use find/replace to code them all the same) I want to view only the rows containing...

Superimpose one chart on another
How do I superimpose one chart onto another so that I can see all of the data in both charts? One is a scatter graph and the other is a line graph using different sets of data in each graph. Hi, Well you can superimpose two chart but most of us would suggest that you chart both sets of data on the xy scatter and then for the one you want to be a line, you select its series and choose Chart, Chart Type and change it to an xy scatter with a line. If you want to supperimpose to charts put one over the other and right click the plot area, choose Format Plot area, and on the Patterns tab ...

Return a value by referencing row and column labels?
I have a report I use that has more info than I need to deal with. I would like to be able to create a worksheet that would allow me to pull information from that report by referncing the labels that have the information. For example, I might want to know how many sales a rep has. I want Excel to go into the report and look for New Sales along the top and Sarah along the side and give me the number. The position of this data changes frequently, so I cannot reference cell locations or columns and rows. Can this be done in Excel? It sounds like =index(match()) would work nicely: Yo...

Is there a way to change the return value for and ON_CONTROL() handler to return 0
I have a message map that is using the ON_CONTROL() handler. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a ON_CONTROL_EX() or something like that that allows me to control the return value. I am handling a notification and I am doing some processing, but I need to be able to return a 0 from my handler. Without getting into using a switch statement and a ON_COMMAND() handler, is there a way to do this? Is there some function I can call within my message handler that would set the return value? -- Thanks, Bruce Who is going to see the return code? AliR. "Bruce" <...

Using one command button to open one of two reports
Hi - Currently I have a form and a subform. On the form, I have a command button that opens a report in print preview based on criteria set from information on the subform. My question is: Can I use the same command button to open a different report based on a field in the subform? For example, if the DISCIPLINE field in the selected record on the subform says "ATTENDANCE INFORMATION FORM", I would like the rptAttendanceInformationFormReprint to open when the button is clicked. However, if the DISCIPLINE field in the selected record on the subform says an...

Looping through Worksheets_(excluding one)
I am trying to loop through every worksheet and select and copy a range of dates (varrying lenghts) and paste in the first worksheet ('Usage Upload'). this is the code I have now but i cannot get the Select Case expression to work. Please help! Sub Dates_Try() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim WS_Count As Integer Dim I As Integer WS_Count = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count Select Case UCase(Worksheet.Name) Case "Usage Upload" Case Else For I = 1 To WS_Count Worksheets(I).Activate 'Range("A7").En...

HTTP Post / CHttpFile returning non recognizable characters
Hello all, I am desparete and need help! I have been trying to figure this out for over a week now and cannot spend anymore time on this. Basically I am doing something that I have done a million times, but for sone reason it is not working in this instance. But even more bizarre, its not just working from one location... Basically I am trying to do a HTTP_VERB_POST to log in to a popular web site. I have done this type of code over and over and its very straight forward. I wrote code to perform this task on my laptop while at work. After a while, I finally got it to work perfectly. It seems...

MSQuery
I have Windows XP Home Edition and MS Office 2000. I am trying to use MSQuery to get external data and return it to Excel. I have installed it but when I try to create a new query, it returns a message that it has not been installed. Can anyone help? Thanks ...

Transferring Dialog/resources/files from one project to another.
Hi, I am in the process of writing an MFC dialog app. I would like to use a couple of dialogs that i created in another VC++ 6.0 MFC Dialog project. I am having difficulty copying these from one project to another. I have tried to copy the .rc file and resource.h file into my application but i am finding this does not import the dialogs that i want. Does anyone know how to do this? Regards Macca U�ytkownik "Macca" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:F799F0BB-B9D9-4267-9F14-0B9EC8DFA860@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am in the process of...

Duplicate Returns
Hello All, I need help. I made a query using two tables: prodform(which has 526 records) and analysis(which has 480 records). The tables are joined by the fieldname Product Name. When I ran the table I noticed duplicate entries, not to mention a return of 1179 records. Is there a way to sort/filter the query as to not return duplicates. Thanks LA -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200709/1 misschanda wrote: >Hello All, >I need help. I made a query using two tables: prodform(which has 526 records) >and analysis(wh...

more than one lines in same cell #2
Thanks guys, Is there anyway for the row to expand automatically once I hi ALT + Enter. I had to manually expand it by double clicking. hope not asking too much....I'm always looking for shortcuts. Thanks again NYBo -- NYBo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NYBoy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=836 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27505 It should do it automatically unless you have specified a row height using Format / Row Height -- Regards Ken..........

One Note has stopped working after opening the program
I have had OneNote installed on my laptop for about two years and all of the sudden about 6 months ago...it started giving One Note has stopped working right after I opened the program. I have done the diagnostic and they say there are no errors. Do you think there is another program that is interferring with it. I even tried the reinstall repair program and am still having the problem. Cornfused in Iowa wrote: > I have had OneNote installed on my laptop for about two years and all > of the sudden about 6 months ago...it started giving One Note has > stopped working ...