Moving Row Data to Column/Row Groups

First off...great forum with super smart participants. Hopefully, I ca
tap into some of this brain power!! :)  I have received an Excel emai
spreadsheet containing hundreds of names and corresponding emai
addresses. Problem is the data runs on one line from A1 to GB1. Fo
example,

A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1, etc
(name 1)(email 1)(name 2)(email 2)(name 3)(email 3) etc.

I need to break the data to a two column format with the first colum
containing the name and the second column containing the emai
address...then dropping down to the next row and listing the next set
then the next and so on. The good news is the pattern (name, email
name, email) is continuous.

Any ideas

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
on a second sheet enter the following formula in cell A1
=OFFSET('sheet1'!$A$1,0,(ROW()-1)*2+COLUMN()-1)
and copy this formula down and to the right

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> First off...great forum with super smart participants. Hopefully, I
> can tap into some of this brain power!! :)  I have received an Excel
> email spreadsheet containing hundreds of names and corresponding
email
> addresses. Problem is the data runs on one line from A1 to GB1. For
> example,
>
> A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1, etc
> (name 1)(email 1)(name 2)(email 2)(name 3)(email 3) etc.
>
> I need to break the data to a two column format with the first column
> containing the name and the second column containing the email
> address...then dropping down to the next row and listing the next
set,
> then the next and so on. The good news is the pattern (name, email,
> name, email) is continuous.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
6/11/2004 10:16:09 PM
Thanks Frank...it worked perfectly!!!!

---

space between y axis and data points..
I have a line graph with markers, and am plotting 7 pre-post (x axis) lines on a y axis of 1 to 100. By default, the "pre" points were plotted right on the y axis and the post points were all the way at the right end of the plot area. I checked "Value (y) axis crosses between categories", and this moves the pre (and post) towards the middle of the plot area, so that the points are now plotted to the right of the y axis. My question is, can I adjust the space between the y axis and where the "pre" data points are plotted? As they are now, there is too much of a g...

Add a column to sort email by domain name
Is there a way to add a column to sort email by domain name in Outlook 2003? I know that I can use the Search folders to kinda do this, but I would have to create a folder for every domain. Ideally, I would just have a column labeled "domain name" that would let me click on it and all email would then be sorted. Any suggestions? ...

Deleting Duplicate Rows 06-07-10
Hi, I checked out the archives for close to an hour, but I couldn't figure out how to change the codes given there to suit my needs. I have a large set of data, from about A1 to X441. In column X, there are a lot of exact duplicates, and I need to delete the rows where those duplicates are (but still leaving the first instance of the duplicate). For example: John Smith Oxford St. John Johnson Oxford St. John Johnson Rubble St. John Smith Oxford St. All of those have things in common, but I only want to delete the final row (and the whole row, not just the cell), becaus...

Moving license to a new computer

Bring filtered data from another file
I have a Birthdays file I have a Calendar file After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines (assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day) 15.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... 16.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file. Thanks and regards, CousinExcel ...

How do I print grid lines in a spreadsheet if no data is entered .
I am trying to create a form and need to print the grid lines as a part of the form. Others will use this form and make pencil entries in the cells which will be entered into the spreadsheet at a later date. How do I do this? I am using Office 2003. Many thanks---Justaone Just File>Page Setup>Sheet. Check "gridlines" and make sure "draft quality" is not checked. May be easier and more readable to have borders around just those cells that will be pencil-entered. If you go that route, uncheck "gridlines" in Page Setup. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 2...

Safe to Move?

Conv Access 97->2000-Gets a method or data member not found error
For the following code which compiles and runs successfully in MS Access 97, when converting to MS Access 2000 the following compile error occurs "Method or data member not found." for the line below. tempID = rs.[UserID] UserID is a field in the tblSecurity table. It seems that the tblSecurity table is not opening in MS Access 2000 since this error will occur using any field, not just UserID. This error does not occur in MS Access 97. PLEASE HELP. The routine is displayed below. Sincerely thanks, Phil ------------------ CODE - Shown Below ------------------ Private Sub...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

data in queries
Hi! From a dataset I retrieve customer names and the products they have purchased: client name product name client 1 product a client 1 product b client 1 product c client 2 product b client 2 product d client 3 product a client 3 product e No problem. But how can I avoid the repetitions in the ClientName column: client name product name client 1 product a product b product c client 2 product b product d client 3 product a product e In Query View. I think in a Report this is done through Group By? Thanks ...

Does Excel data merge with .mrg documents?
I run a database for my company, and always have a difficult (read - lots of hand typing) time getting my .mrg data doc to merge with Excel. Most times Exel will have all the data in one cell (making it impossible to sort), or not come through at all. Is it just me, or does Excel not work well with this kind of document. ...

Moving Folder error

sorting of a column/sheet
I exported from Outlook 2000 to an excel format, my contact list of customers. With Outlook you can have your contacts in more than one category such as Business and Contractors. When exporting from Outlook, it doesn't seperate the two categories. Once in excel, is there an easy way to seperate the two categories that ended up in one column? The whole sheet has a column for name Title,address, category, email address, etc. Hi John you might like to look at the data / text to columns option for separating the data ... please post back if you need more help (with a sample of th...

Deleting rows in a macro in Excel
I have to delete a series of rows within several spreadsheets. I am trying to write code for a macro that will search for wordage within a cell (Edit -> Search), and once the search engine finds that cell, I will delete all rows directly above that cell (not including the first two rows). The issue I am having is that the wordage that is the result of the search is not always in the same row; i.e. sometimes it is in row 43, sometimes 44, etc. Is there a way within a macro to declare that I want all rows deleted above a specified row, not including the first two rows? This is the c...

Moving between worksheets