Moving between worksheets

I had someone do this for me.  This is an Excel file with 4 worksheets.  The
two pertinent ones are called 'Schedule' and 'Version'.  When save the file
it updates the version of the file with a date/time stamp on the 'Version'
worksheet like this.
      Version Last Saved (Date/Time)
      2004.08.282141 8/28/04 9:41 PM
      2004.08.282140 8/28/04 9:40 PM
      2004.08.282140 8/28/04 9:40 PM
      2004.08.282139 8/28/04 9:39 PM
      2004.08.282136 8/28/04 9:36 PM

I would like it to update the 'Version' worksheet and then jump back to the
'Schedule' worksheet so you can continue your work.  Can anyone help with
this?  Thanks.

The existing macro that I can find is shown below.

Sub Macro1()

    Sheets("Version").Select
    Rows("2:2").Select
    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
    Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

End Sub

0
raytlake (1)
8/29/2004 1:53:35 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You shouldn't have to make selections. You can do this from anywhere in the
workbook
Sub Macro1()

With Sheets("Version").Rows("2:2")
..Insert Shift:=xlDown
..Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
End With
 End Sub
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
<raytlake@xxcomcast.net> wrote in message
> I had someone do this for me.  This is an Excel file with 4 worksheets.
The
> two pertinent ones are called 'Schedule' and 'Version'.  When save the
file
> it updates the version of the file with a date/time stamp on the 'Version'
> worksheet like this.
>       Version Last Saved (Date/Time)
>       2004.08.282141 8/28/04 9:41 PM
>       2004.08.282140 8/28/04 9:40 PM
>       2004.08.282140 8/28/04 9:40 PM
>       2004.08.282139 8/28/04 9:39 PM
>       2004.08.282136 8/28/04 9:36 PM
>

> I would like it to update the 'Version' worksheet and then jump back to
the
> 'Schedule' worksheet so you can continue your work.  Can anyone help with
> this?  Thanks.
>

> The existing macro that I can find is shown below.
>
> Sub Macro1()
>
>     Sheets("Version").Select
>     Rows("2:2").Select
>     Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
>     Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
>
> End Sub

0
Don

Allow comments to be added to protected worksheet?
I have created a worsksheet with selected areas locked and then protected it. My users want to be able to add comments where necessary but are not able to. I cant seem to find anything in the help menu - any ideas? When protecting the sheet "allow users to:" Select unlocked cells and Edit Objects. Note: with edit objects checked, users can insert comments in locked cells if they are allowed to select those. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:00:02 -0800, sue@solotel <suesolotel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a worsksheet with sel...

copy cells from one worksheet to another
How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet? - 'worksheet 2'? thanks. Copy and paste special|values followed by Paste special|formats If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it can't change the format. Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the work for you. Garrett wrote: > > How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or > copy ...

Moving license to a new computer

Linking dats on a worksheet to control panel
I am in the process of creating a gantt chart in Excel 2007 for various projects my company performing. I have created formulas so that the current date used to calculate the number of days remaining and the number of days past. I was wondering if there was anyway to link the current date to the control panel so it automatically updates everyday? This way I do not have to manually do it. Thanks to everyone that helps ...

Safe to Move?

Hyperlink a Visio shape to a worksheet
I have a Visio diagram that represents the computers in ou computer/server room. I want to create hyperlinks from each of th shapes that represents a server (for example) to a correspondin worksheet in a workbook. I can get the hyperlink to open the workbook, but I can't figure ou how to drill down to the specific worksheet for a particular server. Thanks in advance, Jef -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com not tested but try adding the sheet name with workbookpath+name#sheet1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a Visio diagram that represents the ...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Go to section of all worksheets
I have set the following macro to unhide column Y in all sheets. Dim sh As Worksheet For Each sh In Sheets(Array("sheet1", "sheet2", "sheet3")) sh.Columns("X:Z").EntireColumn.Hidden = False Range("H7").Select Next However, how do I also get it to select sell H7 and also scroll to the top left of the workbook in all sheets? One way: Dim sh As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each sh In Sheets(Array("sheet1", "sheet2", "sheet3")) With ...

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Moving Pages between two publications

Comparing two values in different worksheets and extracting value
Hello, I have the following problem with which I need some help: I have two different worksheets with article numbers and quantity data. One of these includes the whole set of articles, while the other holds only a selection of articles. I need to compare the article numbers and extract a value from another column in the first worksheet when these article numbers match. E.g.: worksheet 1 article number quantity 12345 12 98765 worksheet 2 article number 12345 I want to extract the quantity number from worksheet 1 into worksheet 2, only for the matchin...

Protecting worksheet
Hi I have protected a worksheet but when I scroll up too far up to the top or too far left instead of stopping there it takes me of to a different part of the spreadsheet. Does anyone know how to stop this? Dawn Look at freezing the pane to keep certain rows and/or columns from scrolling off of the screen. Excel 2003 and earlier: Window --> Freeze Panes Excel 2007: [View] tab, "Window Group", Freeze Panes pulldown. "Patricia" wrote: > Hi > > I have protected a worksheet but when I scroll up too far up to the top or > too far ...

Creating Purchase order worksheets in HQ through rules
I would like put some code in a web service in order to create a purchase order work sheet. Could I access to work sheets logic using qsrules to construct a worksheet? I looking for a method like QSRULES.CreatePOWorkSheet Thank you Oscar ...

View Old Worksheets
We have a customer that would like to look at an old worksheet in HQ. But the worksheet status viewer only shows the last 140 items. is there anyway to access historical worksheets? Version is 1.3. Thanks and regards, Matt huh ??? how does it possible? only 140 items??? r u viewing it thru ??? View-->worksheet Status if yes...check with the flags maybe you only have selected blue flag (Approved for processing) ; most of the old worksheet are in Green (Completed successfully) or Red (with Warnings) or others.. but if you chose to view it thru Admin-->Worksheets and it shows only...

Moving Folder error

default save directory for a templated worksheet
Is there any easy way to automatically have a template save to a particular location for that template only? e.g the 'Quotes' template saves to the quote directory the Orders template saves to the orders directory Thanks Mike Please clarify: do you want to save the TEMPLATEs to those directories, or do you want to save the files CREATED FROM THE TEMPLATES to those directories? If the latter, you could do it with code imbedded within the template. "Mike Lang" wrote: > Is there any easy way to automatically have a template save to a particular > location for th...