Moving a column

How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information
move with it ?

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

0
desgnr
12/31/2009 4:47:54 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way:
select the column header (usually a letter at the top)
Rightclick on that selection
And select insert

desgnr wrote:

> How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information
> move with it ?
>
> --
> Dell Inspiron
> Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
> 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
> Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

--

Dave Peterson
0

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"desgnr" <desgnr@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information
> move with it ?
>
> --
> Dell Inspiron
> Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
> 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
> Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

Does that change the letter the column is in ?
"L. Howard Kittle" <lhkittle@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Click on the letter to highlight the column, move the cursor to the edge
> of the column until it turns into a four sided arrow.  Left click and
> hold, drag to the left or right then release.
>
> HTH
> Regards,
> Howard
>
> "desgnr" <desgnr@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information
>> move with it ?
>>
>> --
>> Dell Inspiron
>> Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
>> 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
>> Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

0
desgnr
12/31/2009 5:48:34 PM
Oh yes.  Otto

> Does that change the letter the column is in ?
> "L. Howard Kittle" <lhkittle@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Click on the letter to highlight the column, move the cursor to the edge
>> of the column until it turns into a four sided arrow.  Left click and
>> hold, drag to the left or right then release.
>>
>> HTH
>> Regards,
>> Howard
>>
>> "desgnr" <desgnr@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information
>>> move with it ?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dell Inspiron
>>> Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
>>> 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
>>> Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

0
Otto

Add a column to sort email by domain name
Is there a way to add a column to sort email by domain name in Outlook 2003? I know that I can use the Search folders to kinda do this, but I would have to create a folder for every domain. Ideally, I would just have a column labeled "domain name" that would let me click on it and all email would then be sorted. Any suggestions? ...

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

Hiding A Column So It Does Not Receive Pastes?
Got a spreadsheet that people are using to enter rates of return for bond funds. Column 1 is the name of the fund. Columns 2 through, say, 250 are returns for a given date (i.e. the column headers are dates). Users of the sheet are entering data partially by pasting blocks of numbers from other sources which do not include Saturdays and Sundays. The sheet in question, however, has columns for *all* dates in a range - including weekends - and I'd like to keep it that way. First thing that occurred to me was to hide the weekend columns, but when I tried a block paste, some of the numbe...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Moving Pages between two publications

How can I stack 3-D columns
I have a 3-Dimentional bar chart (x, y, and z axis). I need to stack the columns. How can I do this? Excel's charts with 3D effects are not particularly flexible. What you might try is a stacked clustered 2D column chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ jiggiddi wrote: > I have a 3-Dimentional bar chart (x, y, and z axis). I need to stack the > columns. How can I do this? ...

Column multiplied by a matrix
Hello Can anyone tell me how to multiply all the numbers in a column by all the numbers in a matrix? eg Column of numbers in A, multiplied by matrix of numbers in C1:E3 A B C D E 1 3 6 7 8 2 4 7 8 9 3 5 6 8 9 So I would like a formula which SUMS 3*6 + 3*7 + 3*8 + 4*7+4*8+4*9 + 5*6 + 5*8 + 5*9 thanks S Can this be done without creating a second matrix with column A spread out? =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A3*B1:D3) give 274 with your data - as required NOTE that =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A3,B1:D3) will give #V...

Moving Folder error

sorting of a column/sheet
I exported from Outlook 2000 to an excel format, my contact list of customers. With Outlook you can have your contacts in more than one category such as Business and Contractors. When exporting from Outlook, it doesn't seperate the two categories. Once in excel, is there an easy way to seperate the two categories that ended up in one column? The whole sheet has a column for name Title,address, category, email address, etc. Hi John you might like to look at the data / text to columns option for separating the data ... please post back if you need more help (with a sample of th...

Moving between worksheets

Printing non-adjacent columns
In Excel 2000, when I select 2 non adjacent columns and go - file|print, the columns print on two sheets of paper even though file|page setup|page - fit to 1 page wide/1 page tall is opted and the columns are not far apart from one another. Is there some way of making them print on 1 sheet of paper ? Ebeneezer One way around this is to set your print range to include the in-between columns in your print range, then hide the columns you don't want printed. i.e. you want columns B and E printed. Select B through E as print range. Hide C and D. Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 &am...

How do you match one column's numbers with the 2nd column?
How do you math one column's numbers with the 2nd column? Like if you had: 1 2 2 3 3 6 4 5 6 7 ... and you wanted it sorted like so 2 2 3 3 6 6 1 4 5 7 Any idea how to do that? Thanks, Lee:confused -- lnsykalsk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lnsykalski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3403 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53792 Assuming your data are in columns A and B insert a staging column before column B, with following formu...

Column grid
I loaded some add-ins to my excel and afterward the column grid went from letters(A,B,C, ETC.) to numbers. How do I get the column grid back to letters? Tools|Options|General Tab Uncheck the R1C1 reference style checkbox. Lenore Avin wrote: > > I loaded some add-ins to my excel and afterward the column > grid went from letters(A,B,C, ETC.) to numbers. How do I > get the column grid back to letters? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com I should have added that this setting is picked up from the first workbook you open in that excel session. And your coworkers could toggle ...

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...