Move selection after Enter Direction

I have a macro that enables me to toggle between moving the selection
down, or to the right, after Enter.

Sub MoveAfterReturn()
If Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlDown Then
    Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlToRight
Else
    Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlDown
End If
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

This works good, but i would like to automate the application of the
macro in a particaular workbook by having it move "right" if the
active cell is in the range E4:M34. If not in that range, it would
move "Down".
How can i accomplish this?

Thank you so much,

Tonso
0
wthomasss (97)
11/2/2010 1:17:26 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can use a worksheet_Change event that is associated with a single worksheet.

If you want to try, you right click on the worksheet tab that should have this
behavior and paste this into the code module that appears:

Option Explicit

     If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then
         Exit Sub 'single cell only!
     End If

     If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("e4:m34")) Is Nothing Then
         'not in E4:M34, so...
         'Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlDown
         Target.Cells(1).Offset(0, 1).Select
     Else
         'in E4:M34
         'Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlToRight
         Target.Cells(1).Offset(1, 0).Select
     End If

End Sub

Notice that the application setting is commented out.  This doesn't toggle the
setting, it just selects the cell to the right or below.

--
Dave Peterson
0

Moving license to a new computer

How do I print grid lines in a spreadsheet if no data is entered .
I am trying to create a form and need to print the grid lines as a part of the form. Others will use this form and make pencil entries in the cells which will be entered into the spreadsheet at a later date. How do I do this? I am using Office 2003. Many thanks---Justaone Just File>Page Setup>Sheet. Check "gridlines" and make sure "draft quality" is not checked. May be easier and more readable to have borders around just those cells that will be pencil-entered. If you go that route, uncheck "gridlines" in Page Setup. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 2...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Unable to select multiple workbook sheets
I am using Excel 2k running under WinXP and have a problem I have never encountered on any other version or machine. All my workbook tabs are white instead of the default gray and only one sheet at a time can be selected. Neither the Ctrl or shift keys or right clicking the tabs and selecting all will allow multiple sheets to be selected. What am I missing here, I see nothing in options that allows this configuration? Detect and repair does not change the situation. If this is a new situation, could you have a Mouse Driver compatability issue? I've heard of some interestin...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Moving Pages between two publications

Select with partial group
Hi I have a clients table on which I want to run a select query on to extract all fields. But I also want the result-set to be grouped by Company and Postcode to remove any duplicates. The reason I don't want to include other fields Address line 1 etc as there could be minor defences in spellings, punctuations etc. How do I go about such a query? Thanks Regards iam fine "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:upGpvwqDIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have a clients table on which I want to run a select query on to extract >...

Entering time.
Is there a way I can enter time using a decimal instead of the colon and have it still figure using the 60 minute hour? For example for 9:45 I want to enter it as 9.45 but have it treated as 9:45. This is only for speed in data entry. I can use a ten key quicker then I can hit the colon. I use military time if it helps. Thanks, Joe Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm In article <tH2tc.716$qH2.672@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>, "J. Madden" <jmadden@nospam.texoma.net> wrote: > Is there a way I can enter time using a decimal instead of the ...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

Problems with ungrouping and selecting one item to ungroup
I have created a flyer in Microsoft Publisher 2003 by using two text box and adding text. I then inserted a clipart. I have grouped the entire flyer, but would like to ungroup just the picture, but I am having problems. I checked the Publisher Help section, which told me to click on the Drawing toolbar. I could not find the Drawing toolbar, and even looked under View, Toolbars, and Customize...but found nothing. Then reading a post on this board, I found that it might be under "Arrange," so I looked there. I found the group and ungroup commands, but they are "gray...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...

Locking records in a form based on a combo box selection
I have read all I can find but still can't get this right. I have a combo box with a selection of either Yes or No in a field called P5Pd and I want to lock records if it Yes is selected. I have the following code, but it is locking ALL records and not just if P5Pd = "Yes" Sub Form_Current() If Me.P5Pd = "Yes" Then Me.AllowEdits = False End If End Sub In addition to the above information, I would like to say that I can edit other records, but once I have passed that record either forwards or backwards (e.g. if it is the 3rd record, I can edit ...

Moving .pst to new machine
Need to move my data to a new machine temporarily. I copied my .pst file and opened it on the new machine. I have my email, and my primary calendar but I am wondering where my additional calendars are located. What is the best way to copy over those calendars, are they not part of the .pst? Also, what about Rules? Do they not get copied with the .pst? Lastly, how can I copy my BCM data to the new computer? Thanks for all your help. Interesting thing happened, just added a new appt to my calendar on the new machine, and suddenly my other calendars appeared. Very strang...

Query SELECT in SELECT?
Hi I would appriciate if somebody can help me with the following query: tbDeliveryLines - dlID - dlDate - dlCurrencyID - dlQTY - dlUnitPrice tbExchangeRates - erID - erCurrencyID - erValidFrom - erFXRate I would like to build a query which would return all my delivery lines + lookup a valid FX rate from tbExchangeRates for a entered curreny (dlCurrencyID) and date (dlDate) Example: tbExchangeRates erID, erCurrencyID, erValidFrom, erFXRate 1, 1, 01-JAN-2010, 31 2, 1, 01-FEB-2010, 32 3, 1, 01-MAR-2010, 33 4, 2, 01-MAR-2010, 50 Query should return: dlDate, d...