Mouse wheel and a listbox

Could someone tell me what is the option to turn on in a listbox the
mouse wheel?
Thank's ahead!

0
rpqc (47)
12/1/2005 3:27:52 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Bobby,

See Robin Hammond's Enhanced Data Systems site:

 http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/ED/Pages/ExcelListScrolls.htm

If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's
'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Bobby" <rpqc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Could someone tell me what is the option to turn on in a listbox the
> mouse wheel?
> Thank's ahead!

0
normanjones (1047)

How regain ability to scroll down pages with my mouse ball?
I often lose the ability to scroll down Word pages with my mouse ball? I use a Mac Mighty Mouse while working in a Fusion-created Windows environment on my Mac. Thanks, Karl ...

Cursor-sensitive control tiptext in listbox ?
Is it possible to display different ControlTipText depending on which row in a listbox is selected? "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message news:243DE4A7-B46D-4BC8-B5D2-F8029EEDFEDF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to display different ControlTipText depending on which row > in > a listbox is selected? Create a listbox called List0. Make sure it shows some data. Set its OnClick event to: Private Sub List0_Click() With Me.List0 .ControlTipText = .value & " Tip Text" End With End Sub The click event for a listbox fires...

Wandering Mouse
I know that this is not strictly an Office query but does anyone know how to stop my mouse wandering. In all applications and even on the desktop screen my mouse moves in a diagonal direction of its own accord and I cannot control its movement. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. If this is on a Dell laptop, it is a fairly common problem for the cursor to "wander" from time to time. It generalyy stops aftr several seconds, but is annoying all the same. If this is not the case, have you tried another mouse? -- Ian -- "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com>...

tooltip without a mouse over it?
Hi, I have tooltips working in my statusbar. Currently they work when I place the mouse over them (like they're supposed to). I'm wondering if its possible to trigger them to appear briefly when the mouse isn't over them. This'll be useful to me because it can indicate that a state has changed in the program without being too intrusive. Any ideas on how i can do this? Brett. Hi, I think it can be possible. See in windows all the controls are derived from the class CWnd. So the user defined controls also derived from that class only. Now the current situation is if we mo...

Copy from ListBox to TextBox
Hi I want the copy to have a new line for each entry but I am stuck can you help. Private Sub Command2_Click() Dim i As Integer If List1.ListIndex = -1 Then Exit Sub For i = List1.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1 If List1.Selected(i) = True Then txtHold.Text = txtHold.Text & List1.List(i) End If Next i List1.Visible = False End Sub I tried VbCrLf but that did not work. Ron =?Utf-8?B?TG9uZG9uTGFk?= <LondonLad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > txtHold.Text = txtHold.Text & List1.List(i) > >I tried VbCrLf but th...

Excel 2000
I have created an attendance worksheet that details names as column headers and dates as row headers. I want to place a Combo Box in the intersecting cells that pulls from an abbreviations listing on another worksheet. I also must be able to sum the selected abbreviations or run a pivot table. I would rather do this all in Access, but my supervisor won't go for it. I used the following code and the drop-down worked for a minute, but now it just shows the chosen abbreviation. Private Sub ComboBox1_Click() Forms.ComboBox1.List = Array("A", "D", "E", &q...

mouse over effect
I used to be able to use the mouse over effect to change the displayed picture on the website. I have forgotten how to do it. HELP Select the image in the page and use Format Behaviors - select the image swap from the task bar -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Bas" <Bas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:853A1E23-E935-4D61-9D5C-104CEBD10C03@microsoft.com... ...

html fragment for mouse in and mouse out
I would like to have my text display differently when the mouse hovers over it. Can anyone tell me how I ca do this in Publisher 2003? Please refer to the webdesign group and please use only the group appropriate to your topic. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Robin" <robinmcd@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:C846C8ED-09CD-41A6-91C8-D9D5C9EE2CEE@microsoft.com... > I would like to have my text display differently when the mouse hovers over it. Can anyone tell me how I ca...

mouse won't move cursor
When I type a new message, reply or forward a message, my cursor can't be moved around the body of the message by the mouse, only by the arrow keys!! ...

mouse is user-defined, when mouse move to another dialog, mouse disappeared
We are doing a program running in a game. The game's mouse is user-defined, my program's dialog pop-up in game by Hook. my dialog can show in game normally, and can capture keyboard event. but mouse disappeared when mouse move from game to my dialog, and mouse will show normally when mouse leave my dialog. mouse event respond. although mouse disappeared I can drag my dialog using mouse. I think mouse need re-draw when move to my dialog, but I do know how to do. Please give advice, thank in advance. ...

how do I set icon size with a one button mouse?
Hi All, I had to remote into a Vista machine (WS08R2) from an Apple that only had one button mouse (AAAAHHHH!!). I had to move to a Vista machine to remote in and change the icon size as I could not get that stinkin' apple to right click with any combination of keys and mouse clicks. Now that it no longer matters, is there some other way to change you icon size when you only have one button on your mouse? Something in Control Panel maybe? Many thanks, -T On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:19:12 -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote: > Hi All, > > I had to remote into a Vis...

How do I use the scroll button on the mouse to scroll through one.
How do I program my 'form' to permit the user to scroll through the information in a memo field using the scroll button on the mouse. Today, when the user attempts to scroll through the memo field on an individual record, the user ends up scrolling through all of the records in the database. Thank you! ...

To ignore scrolling CListCtrl using mouse.
I want to ignore mouse control on a scroll bar of CListCtrl. I ignored WM_VSCROLL, WM_MOUSEMOVE, and WM_MOUSEWHEEL messages on PreTranslateMessage of CListCtrl derived class. But it still works. How to ignore scrolling? I don't want to remove the scroll bar. ...

Help! Mouse Wheel Scroll Messes up View
I have a class derived from CScrollView. I am using MemDC to get rid of the flickering behaviors when scrolling. Now the scrollbars scroll fine, but I noticed that the view got completely messed up (lines get squeezed together) when I was using the middle wheel mouse button to scroll. Any idea that what might be causing the problem? One other problem was that even though the scrollbars are scrolling fine, they are scrolling a bigger range than they should be. In otherwords, when the vertical scrollbar is scrolling all the way down, I might end up getting an almost empty page. I must have ...

To show a message box if the mouse is over a particular cell??
Is there a particular way to display a message box,(or run any other sub) if the user puts the mouse over it lets say for cell A1. Like it display comments for cells that have comments in them. Since, there is a property of in excel to response to mousehover, I expect that this can be done. I don't think you'll find a solution in excel for that mouse over a cell problem. But if you could rely on change of selection, you could tap into the worksheet_selectionchange event. That'll fire if you use the mouse, arrow keys, page up/down, ... Subodh wrote: > > Is ...

Viewing expressions in a listbox 04-24-10
Access 2003, XP pro, semi-novice I have a table "Expression" where records are similar to the one below: [Adjective] & " " & [vehicle] & " is " & [color] [Adjective] & " " & [color] & " " & [vehicle] & " has a puncture" [Adjective] & " " & [vehicle] & " has a " & [color] & " stripe" I have another table "Word" similar to that below: WordID: 1 Adjective: My Vehicle: car Color: blue WordID: 2 Adjective: His Vehicle: bicy...

Mouse-over display
Hi, Does anyone have a clue on how to display a custom text when pointing the mouse in a chart over the values of an axis. (By default it displays "Value axis" or "Category axis"). Thanks in advance ! Marco Hi, This article by Jon Peltier may help you. http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 Cheers Andy Marco wrote: > Hi, > Does anyone have a clue on how to display a custom text when pointing the > mouse in a chart over the values of an axis. (By default it displays "Value > axis" or "Category axis"). Thanks in advance...

Track mouse up and mouse down in CListCtrl
Hi all, I am using CListCtrl in my project, i need a help, did any know how to track mouse up and mouse down in CListCtrl Thanks in advance Dinil --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.554 / Virus Database: 346 - Release Date: 12/20/2003 Do you mean mouse button up/down? If so, you can handle WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_LBUTTONUP messages If you are asking about mouse movement, then handle WM_MOUSEMOVE message "Dinil" <dinil@spectrum.net.in> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:e3fxc4syDHA.262...

Listbox will not Requery AfterUpdate
I am running Access 2007. I have two listboxes sitting side by side on the same form. One has phone number categories - lstCategories The second listbox has name, phone numbers - lstPhoneNumbers Both listboxes are unbound I had this working once where you could click the category in the first box and it would filter the second listbox to the phone number in a different category. Example: click category box select family, friend etc. the second box would only show numbers of family or category you selected in the first box. Now, the boxes work perfectly fine as far ...

Reversing mouse movement with a mouse hook
I want to reverse the mouse movement using a systemwide mouse hook. For example, if you move the mouse to the left, the cursor goes to the right. I've got my mouse hook working, but I don't know of a good way to alter the movement. I was trying to use SetCursorPos(x,y), but that sends my CPU usage through the roof and bogs the whole system down to near-unresposiveness. What's the best way to alter the mouse movements? Here's what I've got for my MouseProc. Even this simple code (which does not alter the mouse movement) bogs the system down b/c of the call to SetCursorPos...

Check marks with mouse click in Excel Spreadsheet
Can somebody help me with this dilema. I want to have checks each tim I'm in a row/column in an excel spreadsheet, sort of like checking of things done on a chore list, but using the mouse left click. Anyone?????? Thanks Riki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rikia, here is one way Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) '**Put in worksheet code will put a check mark in column C, 'when you click in it, Click in the cell again and it will remove it If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Column = 3 Then If Len(Trim(Target.Val...

controling listindex in a listbox
Hello friends, i have listbox in a useform, but afterupdate events i want to control listindex value to reset item from listbox without take erro when the listindex value = -1 Have anybody idea how i can do that Thanks ...

Mouse controls
Why does the wheel on my mouse sometimes, apparently randomly, scroll left-right instead of up-down? If it is a new wheel mouse they also now have lateral movement to the wheel, don't know if that's the issue in your case -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "mitch@bobsredmill.com" <mitch@bobsredmill.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAFADAE7-6C69-4711-951D-32DA1A519FDC@microsoft.com... > Why does the wheel on my mouse sometimes, apparently randomly, scroll > left-right inst...

CmdButton, Listbox and MsgBox in a Form
Hello I'm working with Access 2003 In a form I have a button to display person names in a List Box, which is working well. What I need is, if there are no records to show in the List Box a MsgBox displays "No records in DB" This is my code: Private Sub CmdA_Click() lsbAut.RowSource = "SELECT AuID, AutName FROM TAut WHERE Left(AutName, 1) = 'A';" If DCount("AuID", "AutName", "Left(AutName, 1) = 'A'") = 0 Then MsgBox "No records in DB" End If End Sub The code works well without If DCount(&quo...

No Win 7 Mouse Wheel Scrolling
I'm having a problem scrolling table rows in Access 2007 and 2003 with the mouse wheel. If I scroll the wheel about as fast as possible it might scroll one row in table view then nothing. Otherwise nothing scrolls with normal wheel speed scrolling. Mouse wheel scrolling is normal in database windows for tables, forms, etc. and in modules. Wheel scroling is normal in other programs. I have tried two mice(sp?), both MS wireless type, but different models. Built some new datagrid views that I read are designed to allow wheel scrolling. Any registry setting, etc. I can che...