Month Filter

I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year.
I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee, check #, etc.  What I
want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005).  Is
there a way to do this?

Thanks
Joseph

0
joe6960 (50)
9/25/2005 7:43:58 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can Try EasyFilter Joseph
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Joseph" <joe@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23lQNnTawFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee,
>check #, etc.  What I want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005).  Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks
> Joseph

0
rondebruin (3789)
9/25/2005 7:51:09 AM
Another way is to use a helper column.

Put a formula like:
=text(a2,"mmm yyyy")

or use a formula like
=a2
and give it a custom format of "mmm yyyy"

or just use a custom filter to show those dates:
greater than or equal to March 1, 2005
but less than April 1, 2005

--

Dave Peterson
0

Joseph

> Another way is to use a helper column.
>
> Put a formula like:
> =text(a2,"mmm yyyy")
>
> or use a formula like
> =a2
> and give it a custom format of "mmm yyyy"
>
> or just use a custom filter to show those dates:
> greater than or equal to March 1, 2005
> but less than April 1, 2005
>

> Joseph wrote:
>>
>> I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the
>> year.
>> I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee, check #, etc.  What I
>> want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005).  Is
>> there a way to do this?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Joseph
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
joe6960 (50)

lost two months of received emails
Help I lost about 2 months of received emails. They are not in my deleted folder. I already tried the pst restore utility. Thanks ...

Convert years:months to months
Hello- I am hoping to use Excel to convert data that inputted in a years:months format to just months. For example, I want to translate 5:3 to 63 months. I'm running into one hiccup: Excel views the inputted data as time and is translating it into 5:30 AM, making calculations challenging Does anyone have any tips? =HOUR(A1)*12+MINUTE(A1)/10 you may need to format the cell a General as Excel can be overhelpful and use a time format best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Jen" <jvarley@u.washington.edu> wrote in ...

This Month and Last Month
In the same query, I am trying to get two counts so I can compare them in a pivot table. I have ServicesID ServicesDate I want a count of ServicesID for the current date this month AND a count of ServicesID for the same date last month in the same query. Any ideas? Use a subquery to get the count of services for the same date last month. Here's an example of how to do that sort of thing with a subquery: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#YTD That example does year-to-date calcuations, but the process is the same. In your case you will be counting the ServicesID field where ...

forwarding and filtering
Hello I want to forward the e-mail than arrives to an e-mail account of my domain to an external account. I have a user group that can send e-mails to extenal accounts. For this, I have a filter in the smtp connector that rejects the e-mails from everyone except the users of this group. What we see is that only the e-mails of the persons that belong to this group are forwarded to the external account while the e-mails coming from external address are rejected by the filter. How can I get the forwards work while keeping the restriccion on the outgoing mail? Maybe filtering in some oth...

Contact filtering anomaly (Outlook 2000)
I have a category called 'Out of touch'. It is never the only category of a contact (ie: each 'Out of touch' contact belongs to at least another category) I want to have a view where I see all my contacts NOT belonging to 'Out of touch'. However, when I do : Customize current view / Filter / Advanced / [Categories] [doesn't contain] [Lost touch] I get no results at all. This actually happens with any category that I want to eliminate from the view. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? Thanks, W. ...

MONTH(a1)
I'VE ACHANGEABLE NUMBER IIN a1 AND I PUT IN b1 "=MONTH(A1) IN ORDER TO GIVE ME THE MONTH'S NAME WHEN I CHANGE THE NUMBER IN A1 BUT IT DDINT WORK WHY? PLZ HELP THANXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX FOR AL -- frs ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frsm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3123 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51453 I believe you have to have a date in A1, not just a number. HTH Regards, Howard "frsm" <frsm.23jpcy_1140468300.4445@excelforum-nospam.com...

Month By Month report
Does anybody have an RMS HQ sales report which would show sales in � by month? Ideally each month across the top of the page, and each department/catagory/supplier down the left of the page, with the value of sales each month. I would run this for the period of a year and it would show all my catagory sales per month etc. thanks Phil I am sending you the reports, once get then rate it. "Philip Gass" wrote: > Does anybody have an RMS HQ sales report which would show sales in £ by > month? > > Ideally each month across the top of the page, and each >...

Is there a way of Making monthly tabs without typing each month?
I would like to avoid typing in each month every time I create a workbook. I have to do individual yearly workbooks. Is there a faster way to make monthly tabs. Example type Jan, Feb, Mar and then somehow the spreadsheet would fill in the following monthly tabs? The easiest way is to make a blank file with appropriate tab names, and then make copies of that file. Or, create a tab called "List", start your list in cell A1, and run this code: Sub Add_Tabs_From_List() Dim Nayme As String Dim K As Byte K = 1 Range("a1").Select 'this is the first cell in List Do Unt...

Can anyone suggest an E2k3 server-based product for content-filtering only?
Hello, We have a single Exchange 2003 server on a high-security, completely isolated network supporting about 300 users. I'm looking for a product to install on the Exchange server itself which will quarantine or block messages between users on the server (no SMTP traffic) should they contain specific keywords. Can anyone suggest a product? I'll need an anti-virus scanner as well (with manual updates) so a combined product would be ok. Thanks in advance, - Alan. On 7 Aug 2006 07:53:17 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >We have a single Ex...

counting occurences specific month appears
Afternoon all, You've helped out before and I come to you again. Here's the question... 5 worksheets in my workbook, each representing a different office. Column A for each worksheet is the date in the following format: 03-May-10. Let's say the first sheet is named Montreal Office, the search range is A3:A5000, what formula am I supposed to use? I think from past posts, I'm supposed to use =sumproduct but I don't know how to incorporate my specific sheet. Thanks so much, MM On May 4, 5:41=A0am, MM <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After...

First day of Next Month
Hello, In A1 I have the date 3/10/10. In B1 I would like to insert a formula that will show the Date 4/1/10. Basically, I would like a formula that will show the first of the next month no matter what date is shown in A1. Thanks for the help. Try this: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1) -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A3346E7-C4DE-...

Earn $700/month Guaranteed Payment #2
Start earning within 15 minutes Join as Supervisor. Step by step instructions and Full Tutorial $700/month Guaranteed Income! Visit: http://www.gogonai.info/?id=rodheta ...

Cell to show the last 2nd Month
Hi, I'd like to show a cell where it shows the last 2nd month of another cell, ie, in Cell A, the date is 03 May 2004 and I'd like Cell B to show March. I know the format will be MMMM but how to I get it to show March instead of May. How do I do it? Regards, Val Try this: =DATE(1,MONTH(A1)-2,1) With formula cell formatted as you said, "mmmm". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "dolphinv4" <anonymous@discussions....

Avg. 1-month, 3-month, 6-month & 12-month Stock Returns
I don’t know for sure if Access can handle this request, but I know Queries are pretty powerful, so I’m thinking it is possible. As I alluded to in the title of the post, I’m trying to find a way to query for the average of 1-month stock returns, average of 3-month stock returns, average of 6-month stock returns & average of 12-month stock returns. This is my SQL now: SELECT SharePrices.StockSymbol, Avg(SharePrices.StockPrice) AS AveragePrice, tblStocksGroup.Company, tblStocksGroup.Group, tblStocksGroup.Class FROM SharePrices INNER JOIN tblStocksGroup ON SharePrices.StockSy...

Advanced Data Filter
How can I generate a count number series on entries recurring on my worksheet; e.g i have a data sheet with the following data appearing x x x a a g g g g g What I require is a number series to be generated against each occurrence;i.e. x 1 x 2 x 3 a 1 a 2 g 1 g 2 g 3 g 4 g 5 This is a really heavy worksheet so a simple sort and number generation would take too much time and this is a recurring daily task. I would really really appreciate if someone could help me out in this; What does this have to do with Advanced Data Filter? I...

80070490 kb967723 but kb967723 was successfully installed 2 months
So what gives? Why does auto update continue to try to install this update? It just started trying to (re)install this update again a couple of days ago. I am also getting this for kb972145, which was also successfully installed 2 months ago. -- lucky jack lucky_jack wrote: > So what gives? Why does auto update continue to try to install this update? > It just started trying to (re)install this update again a couple of days ago. > I am also getting this for kb972145, which was also successfully installed 2 > months ago. The error is occurring because there'...

month-to-month calculation
1- I am trying to have month-end balance be transfered the the next coming month. how do i do this so that when it reach full 12 month cycle, there is no over calculation of month-end balance transfer. ...

printing Little Current month and Little Next month on Banner when it should little PRIOR month and little Next month.
I use microsoft outlook 2002 to print my family's yearly calendar. On professionally printed calendars, when February is shown, there is a miniature January and March. But the output from microsoft outlook is showing Big February and little February and Little march. How do I get the previous month to display next to the next month on the banner? ...

Month and Year
Hi, I have a date mm/dd/yyyy in a excel spreadsheet , I need to extract month and Year in different column . Like in A1 = date (mm/dd/yyyy) B1 = mmm C1 = yyyy Hope its understand. Thnx Dushyant Easiest method: Just type =A1 and format the cell to show just the month or just the year. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dushyant Rajput" <dushyant001@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OR$knshkFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a date mm/dd/yyyy in a excel spreadsheet , I need to extract month > and Year in differe...

Month By month Sales Report
Hi, Does anyone have a report for HQ or SO which shows 12 months across the top and sales by department/supplier/category etc on one page? This would save me having to run several reports to get the information i require! Thanks! Mikeh had written this in response to http://www.rockryno.com/point-of-sale/Month-By-month-Sales-Report-37005-.htm : We have hundreds of customized reports stored on our DB. Call or e-mail me and I will check for you. Mike 800-513-5917 x123 ------------------------------------- Philip Gass wrote: > Hi, > Does anyone have a report for HQ or SO whic...

Months #3
Hi, Is there a way (formula or whatever) to have the 12 months instead of typing them. I used Jan in cell B2 and Feb in cell C2, selected both cells and then used the mouse to copy them to the range D2:M2. Some of the months were Ok but not all of them? Can any one help? Khalil Handal one way would be to put a date formatted as MMM in b2>put =b2+32 copy across. more properly would be =date(year(b1),month(b1)+1,1) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Khalil Handal" <khhandal@stthom.edu> wrote in message news:O1UrWrp1GHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx....

Saving Monthly Accounts and starting a new Month?
Hi Everyone, I really enjoy the Access Database System it has helped me a lot with my accounts but I must be doing something wrong because, I keep opening new databases for each month instead of it following on from the previous month and using the same "Categories!." So my question is How do I save the previous month and let it be stored, and start a new month on the same system or page but without adding up what has been put in the system... If you know what I`m on about. Thank you Angeldelight... melting in the UK weather :) Hard to advise without some info ...

The best Domain Names for only 10$ A MONTH!!!
Theres nothing I need to say, the website speaks for itself. http://website.ws/phase1782 ...

Sum based on monthly transaction
greetings...it's me again..and i need help...hehehe how can i make my report look look like this... | Pay Period | Gross | Salary | ------------------------------------------------------ | Jan 1-15 | | 3,500.00 | | Jan 16-30 | 7,000.00 | 3,500.00 | | Feb 1-15 | | 3,500.00 | | Feb 16-28 | 7,000.00 | 3,500.00 | | Mar 1-15 | | 3,500.00 | | Mar 16-30 | 7,000.00 | 3,500.00 | -------------------------------------------------------- | TOTAL | 21,000.00 | 21,000.00| TNX ...

How to make this Custom Filter?
I have a spreadsheet generated by .ASP, saved as .xls, has over 1,000 rows and 10 columns are using in-line format to keep leading zeros from SQL. Values for these colums are in this form, ="001", ="002", ="023". Try to do filtering using Custom, choosing "is greater than", none of the following produce correct result: ="001" value(="001") "="001"" Thanks. I would do a text to columns function on that column to convert it from a formula of a text value to an actual text value. I would do a text to...