Modify pivot table report

I am sent an xls that includes a worksheet that is a pivot table.
There are a couple combo boxes in the first row (e.g., Date, Year)
that if I were able to connect to the external data source would allow
requerying of the pivot table.

I don't need to do that.  I just need that data as it is but I would
like to delete the combo boxes from the worksheet.  I am prevented
from doing that (msg: you cannot change or modify a pivot table
report).

I can cut the data and paste it into another spreadsheet, however.
I'd rather be able to modify the original worksheet (delete the first
row with the combo boxes).  Is this possible?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

T2B wrote:
> I am sent an xls that includes a worksheet that is a pivot table.
> There are a couple combo boxes in the first row (e.g., Date, Year)
> that if I were able to connect to the external data source would allow
> requerying of the pivot table.
>
> I don't need to do that.  I just need that data as it is but I would
> like to delete the combo boxes from the worksheet.  I am prevented
> from doing that (msg: you cannot change or modify a pivot table
> report).
>
> I can cut the data and paste it into another spreadsheet, however.
> I'd rather be able to modify the original worksheet (delete the first
> row with the combo boxes).  Is this possible?

Select the pivot table, copy, then edit | paste special | values. This
will break the pivot table so you can now edit the cells normally.
0
smartin108 (170)

subreport between each entry on the report
I have created a report that has entries 1,2,3 and 4. I want to add a subreport which has 2 more entries. However, when i try to do so, the entries for the subreport show up in between those on the report. This is not what i want. I want the subreport entries to show up below those of the main report. How do i do this. Radhika Put the subreport in the report footer. or Put the subreport in a group footer that is printed after your details -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

Payroll 2010 HIRE Act tax reporting
Does anyone that has installed the Tax Update Round 5 for GP found a way to get the FICA SS Employer credit for an individual pay period? We have a client who wants to know what other users are doing to compute the breakdown of the FICA SS vs. FICA Med Employer so that they can fill out their Federal Deposit with accurate numbers reflecting the reduction of the FICA amounts by the W-11 Qualified Employees SS wages x .062 for the employer portion that is credited. I have one other client that is creating a Smartlist of the New Hires based on start date, then manually removing ...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

MSP 2007
I've created a very simple test MSP file. It has 4 sub-tasks and 2 summary tasks. I've added resources and duration. I've also inserted the Text1 field and filled it for each sub-task. I then started the Visual reports. I've picked the Cash Flow report and edited it by adding Text1 field. When the report was generated Text1 field was not in the Excel report at all. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. This probably doesn't answer your question, but I've never had much luck getting fields into the Visual Reports. I prefer to save as Excel and manipulate the...

Pivot source error
Is there a way to change the pivot source? When I tried to refresh a pivot, I get this: "cannot open pivot table source file" and the file name. Is there a way to point the pivot to a source file on a different path? TIA! Darin Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and choose PivotTable Wizard Click the Back button In Step 2, change the source Range Click Finish darinh2005@gmail.com wrote: > Is there a way to change the pivot source? > > When I tried to refresh a pivot, I get this: "cannot open pivot table > source file" and the file name. > >...

Connecting tables
Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can connect text frames for overfill. kpappano wrote: > Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can > connect text frames for overfill. Nope. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Is there any other way I can do it? Any suggestions? "Ed Bennett" wrote: > kpappano wrote: > > Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can > > connect text frames for overfill. > > Nope. > > -- > E...

Maximum Table Size?
Hi everyone! Happy post-Thanksgiving withdrawals as left-overs diminish! I'm using A02 on XP. I have a DB for internal contract audits and it's just one big table with 2 forms and a few reports. I seem to have hit a wall on adding fields to my table. I have approximately 162 fields and it won't let me add any more. I get the error: Property value is too large. There are no fields that can be logically moved to another table. It's just a questionaire with comment fields and a few dates. I guess I can have Table1 and Table2 and link them but I only need a few mor...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

WHY: duplicated entries in suppliers table after using QSimport
hello after using QSimport to populate the items table, i've noticed that there are a lot of duplicate entries being created in the supplier table. There are 254 only distinct supplier names, but there are 654 suppliers total. When you look at the suppliers which are present more than once, you notice (i am 99% sure) that all of the ones that get duplicated are had to be truncated to 30 characters, the max data length for that field. i checked and they are not being duplicated because they are misspelled or even because of trailing spaces in the supplier name 1) would it be harmfu...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

how to make a table to row column
Hi, I have a really big table with date as heading : People 11/07 12/07 13/07 john 1 2 5 wolf 5 4 7 how can I make to be seen as: People Date Number john 11/07 1 john 12/07 2 john 13/07 5 wolf 11/07 5 wolf 12/07 4 wolf 13/07 7 the spreadsheet is to long so it is not possible to do it by copy and paste, I also want to keep the link anybody can help? I really appreciate that thanks Nader nader wrote... >I have a really big tab...

Monthly Reports Don't Load
When I try to get a monthly report or a report of spending by category, the screen just says "loading" but never produces the report even after a very long time. I'm using MoneyPlus Deluxe, but I had the very same problem with Money 2007. In microsoft.public.money, Davered wrote: >When I try to get a monthly report or a report of spending by category, the >screen just says "loading" but never produces the report even after a very >long time. I'm using MoneyPlus Deluxe, but I had the very same problem with >Money 2007. You might consider File-&...

Pivot Table in Excel not reading Access Query
I use Access link to a SQL server database and then run queries in Access. I wanted to do a Pivot Table in Excel because of other users able in the office. I can't get Excel to import or even show one of the queries in Access where I use MonthName to get the month's name and not a number. If I use the month's number, all is well. It is not a big deal just wondering why it won't work. Is there a way to change the number to a name in Excel's Pivot Table as I can' get =Text(cell,"MMMM") to work in the calculated field. Thanks for any help. Lee ...

Creating new table columns and maintaining joins in another query
Hi, I have a table with alot of account information. However, to report on certain accounts, I have to manipulate a few of the column data and create a new column with the correct information. Once I have this new column, I do another query and get the information that I need out of that new column. The problem is when I'm querying from that new column, I'm join'ing that information to another column of information and it works the way I want it to work. But when I get more data, I have to run the original script that manipulates the data and creates a new column, agai...

Modified By and Modified On fields
I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore, cannot be modified by a user "mkatsev" wrote: > I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most > others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the > form, the fields ap...

Excel XP Pivot Table question
Hi, I've seen several posts here and there stating that it is possible to expose member properties from an AS2000 cube in Excel XP. I have not been able to get this done, can anyone shed some light? Joe This is kinda hidden feature, but here's how. 1. Make sure "Pivot Table" tool bar is visible. (If not , select View/Toolbars and Pivot Table... ) 2. Select a pivot table field (Column Level, Row Level) from the sheet 3. Click on Pivot Table button on the Pivot Table tool bar 4. Scroll down to Property Fields and pick the ones you need. I havent found any other way to do...

does sa have automatic Modified Forms access in GP 10?
Hello: I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role. But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER "role" did not have security access to it. Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup is like? Thanks! childofthe1980s While I have not tested all of the form types that can be modified, I know that when I modify a Dynamics report I have to add tha...

Drag n drop FoxPro table to create XSD file
Hi All, Getting error message: "The following unexpected error has occurred: There were errors dropping "acctrecv" onto the designer. The XML Schema could not be interpreted from this object." when I am trying to create Strongly Typed Dataset from Visual FoxPro table. Does anybody know how to fix a problem? I only found to use CursorToXML vfp command to go around a problem. Is it possible to fix a problem in Visual Studio? Thanks, Alex ...

Reports and Budget not loading data
Shortly after I switched from Money 2005 trial to Money 2006 trial (my trial had lapsed so I went back to the website to download the the full version and pay and could no longer get Money 2005, so I downloaded the 2006 trial for another few weeks) Budget and Reports both failed because the August Budget is not functioning. I can still generate past months Budgets but August just gives me the Budget figures and will not load actual data. I can still look at September's expected Budget but I have no idea if data will load. Is there any way to fix this? Presumably related to this ...

Modifying the Sales Receipt
We are using RMS, and our receipts print out on a simple Star impact printer. Two things would be nice. It would be nice to know, generally speaking, how to modify what prints on the receipt. More specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show the original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at least, and if possible, calculate the amount saved. Our prior system, FoxPro based Biztracker, did that as standard. All suggestions greatly appreciated. -- Bud Izen In the...