Modifiable propagation time of Excel's functions?

Hello,
Does Excel, by any chances, allow for determining the propagation time
of its functions? I am doing a project in which I need the logical
operators to return their values after a certain predetermined period
of time (e.g. the AND operator to return the value it computes after
e.g. 1 second).

Thank you very much for your time.

Student
P.S. If the answer is in the negative, what is the way to achieve it
indirectly?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

absolute formula in Excel
Hello all we need to use absolute formula in most cells, the way that we know is that use the normal formula and then add $ sign before cell ref. It is a nightmare to correct all cells manually. is there any way to make it fix? Thanks The reason for absolute and relative formulas and bits of formulas is that when you copy them they adjust as you want them to. So at the moment if your cells are giving the correct answer you need to do nothing, if you wish to copy them then you only need to adjust one cell accordingly for each formula type and copy it. Or am I missing something? Regards ...

Excel Front End with Access Back End #2
Yes, I would have one central Access Database that sits on a server wit copies of the Excel front end on the users laptops. I just need to kno how to create the interface between them. Regards, Ripa -- Ripa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ripan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=471 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26704 hi, in access you can link to excell files like you can link to another database. I do it all the time. and the linked excel files work just link acc...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

Setting not only due date but due time in Tasks
I have attempted to enter both the date and time in the DUE DATE field but I get the following error: "You must specify a valid date and/or time. Check your entries in this dialog box to make sure they represent a valid date and/or time." Here is what I am attempting to input: Fri 6/29/2007 4:05 PM So, what should the format be? What you want to do is not possible. Tasks don't have that degree of = granularity. They know only about due dates, not due date/times. You = can, however, set the reminder to a particular time.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microso...

how do i set a conditional text in Excel?
Hello,, how r u all,, i have a small prob. i hope u can help me with i've created a drop down list in excel in one coloumn (the entire coloumn's cells contains the same list). .. the next coloumn should show the ID of the chosen data from the list. ID's r unique for each entery,, there are about 47 raws how can i do that? Hi mona it sounds like you need to use the VLOOKUP function in the cell to the right of your drop down. to do this you'll need a table somewhere else in the workbook which has the values in the dropdown box and the ID's listed e.g. Sheet 2 ..........

Time WITHOUT Updating
Is there a way I can add an Excel column that has just the current time stamp (no date), but without updating the other times? I'd like this to happen automatically, like a formula. I've tried Macros, Now () function, etc. but everything updates the other entries For example Entry #1 | Time Entere Entry #2 | Time Entere Thanks - Hi Melissa You have to use some VBA code. E.g. Harlan Grove posted a solution some days ago (I really liked his idea as you can use the defined name in any formula on your spreadsheet). e.g. IF(A1<>"",_NOW_,"") look at http://...

Run-time error '3061': Too few parameters. Expected 1.
Hi, I'm having a problem that's driving me nuts. Run-time error '3061': Too few parameters. Expected 1. I'm having a listing of Associates (employees) in a continuous form from which I can select an item in a combo box. When this item is selected, a form pops up. On this form (frmTransferAssociate), there's a cancel button that the user can click to cancel the operation and it removes what was entered in the first form's combo box, thus cancelling that it was ever selected. I've created the following code to access the underlying recordset (a query bas...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

excel will not print
excel will only print when i first turn on my computer. during the working day going in and out of other windows based programs excel will not print. excel goes through the motions but does not print. i can not find any reason why this is happening. ...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

Merging from Excel
I have list of names in Excel. I am trying to merge/print an MS Publisher document that is exactly one sheet. The sheet itself has room for three of the same exact prayer. So, I want to print/merge the sheet but when I do so, the sheet prints the same name in each of the three spaces where I have inserted the merge field. How do I merge this sheet so that names 1-3 go on the first sheet, 4-6 go on the second, etc. Thanks Michael -- J. Michael Morse wrote: > I have list of names in Excel. I am trying to merge/print an > MS Publisher document that is exactly one sheet. The sheet...

Excel 2003 using a letter to define whether to multiply
Ok, let me explain subject line. I have a spread sheet where I want to be able to put in T in a cell which represents if tax is paid, what I would like is that by having a t in one cell the cell with the formula for tax is used. i.e. if cell B1 has a T in it, then cell J1 will run the tax cell for B1 and add the tax. Is it possible to use letters in this way? Currently I am using a 1 for tax and 0 for no tax which does work. Any input welcome. Patrick Hi You'll have to use a function like EXACT, to differentiate between the upper and lower case: =IF(EXACT(B1,"T"),"Yes&qu...

Mouse issues with Excel
Every now and then, our Excel wigs out. If you highlight a cell, and move the mouse, it highlights everywhere the mouse points. The curser stays at the "plus" symbol, and you can't close or select anything from the excel toolbar (ie "file" "exit"). By the time you move the mouse to the desktop toolbar, so you can right-click and close, everything in the spreadsheet has been highlighted (max rows and columns). I tried hitting F8, that didn't work. I deleted and reloaded the mouse drive, that didn't work either. Temp fix is to reboot (it's a ...

Run time error when opening up Outlook for the first time after logging into computer #2
I am running outlook XP or 2002 and I have noticed that recently when opening up outlook for the first time after logging into my computer which is running XP pro, that outlook gets an runtime error and will not allow outlook to open. After that outlook opens just fine. One of the changes that I have done is disabled Windows messenger from running at all per article 302089 from microsoft. I am not sure if this is the problem or not, I did have a problem with outlook express opening up slowly and there was a fix for that. Any ideas.. ...

Calculations in Time Problem
im sure this is obvious but say ive got 2 times A1)1:32.101 A2)1:32.105 how can i do the maths A2-A1 etc , ive formatted everything t mm:ss.000 as ive read that when searching on forum but when i put thi in B1 =A2-A1 i just get #VALUE how do i get it so it gives me the answer 0:00.004 in B1 any help would be much appreciated: -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48882 Sound...

One Record at a time Report
I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate investments. Each investment is a separate row of the table. Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints each row as a separate report? Thanks! (B^>)-]=[ WSR wrote: >I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate >investments. > >Each investment is a separate row of the table. > >Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints each >row as a separate report? Well, lots ot things are ...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Calculate the total overlapping time of multiple tasks, excluding non-working times
I am developing a tracking calculator for an overall process. Within the overall process, there are 3 steps which are completed. These steps can be completed independently from one another, but can also (sometimes) overlap. I am trying to determine the total time for the overall process (from beginning to end), without counting the duplicated times where the steps are running parallel to one another, or times when some steps may be completed and are waiting for another to start. I have outlined the basic design of the worksheet below, with times in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format. S...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

Added new Account notes gives incorrect time
Whenever I add a new note to an Account I get the wrong create/edit time. For example I entered a new note at 16:54 PM (GMT) time and get 'Note created on 05/09/2006 8:54 AM'. It appears to be using a different time zone for the times. Both the client PC and CRM server have the correct time. Does anybody know how to correct this? thanks in advance Hb I've found that I can use tools->options->General in the web client to change it. Instead of changing each users individually, can I not set GMT as the default on the CRM server? thanks "hb" wrote: >...

Running Average Excel 2007
I have a worksheet tracking data over time. I input new information each week. I need to calculate the average each week for the information in several columns. After 13 weeks I will have 13 rows of data, with the average for each column. I do this by quarter to eventually have the average over 52 weeks. I need to have the average recalculated each week. What I have been doing is entering my sum as B4:B16/X, where X changes each week as I input the data. Is there a formula I can use that will update the average each week when I input new data? Could it be: =AVERAGE(B:B) ?...

It's been a long time coming...
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01CAE018.AE855110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My dearest best friend, Oh Hey, How are you doing? I am good, you know how it is. I miss = you...just wanted to say that right off the bat!! So let's see what has been going on with me, really it has been a blur = of work, work, work. I guess that is what being an adult it though. The = nave is the same, Carly said hey and that she missed you. I can't really = remember who I was ...

Math comparison and time
I am using a spreadsheet that my client wants filled out to track time spent on various projects. I want to highlight cells where elapsed time as calculated from time in/out doesn't agree with the sum of time for projects. I know how to do a conditional format to make the cell display its text in color but I'm having trouble getting the calculation comparison right. The problem is that the cells that contain the time in/out are formatted to contain time as hh:mm but the time spent on the various projects is a number that represents hours expressed as a decimal. As an example: A...