Model Analyzer for Excel

Today, Monday, March 10 ONLY, the free program on Giveaway of the Day is
"Model Analyzer for Excel" described as follows:
Build, analyze and manage multiple scenarios to any model quickly, easily
and without having to make changes in the logic of your models.
Perform a sensitivity analysis and determine the impact of variables using
Tornado Graphics, Spider Graphics and Sensitivity Tables. Perform a goal
seek analysis or instantly determine equilibrium points for several periods
and/or scenarios.

The web site is http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

I have used this site without problems before - I am not affiliated with
them but thought that some in this group might like to try this program.

Eric

0
ericNOSPAM (46)
3/30/2009 1:54:25 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Yes, but it is the 30th March today !!

Pete

On Mar 30, 2:54=A0pm, "ebloch" <ericNOS...@bloch.com> wrote:
> Today, Monday, March 10 ONLY, the free program on Giveaway of the Day is
> "Model Analyzer for Excel" described as follows:
> Build, analyze and manage multiple scenarios to any model quickly, easily
> and without having to make changes in the logic of your models.
> Perform a sensitivity analysis and determine the impact of variables usin=
> Tornado Graphics, Spider Graphics and Sensitivity Tables. Perform a goal
> seek analysis or instantly determine equilibrium points for several perio=
ds
> and/or scenarios.
>
> The web site ishttp://www.giveawayoftheday.com/
>
> I have used this site without problems before - I am not affiliated with
> them but thought that some in this group might like to try this program.
>
> Eric

0
pashurst (2576)
3/30/2009 2:22:24 PM
Just a typo - good today only March 30

On Mar 30, 2:54 pm, "ebloch" <ericNOS...@bloch.com> wrote:
> Today, Monday, March 10 ONLY, the free program on Giveaway of the Day is
> "Model Analyzer for Excel" described as follows:
> Build, analyze and manage multiple scenarios to any model quickly, easily
> and without having to make changes in the logic of your models.
> Perform a sensitivity analysis and determine the impact of variables using
> Tornado Graphics, Spider Graphics and Sensitivity Tables. Perform a goal
> seek analysis or instantly determine equilibrium points for several
> periods
> and/or scenarios.
>
> The web site ishttp://www.giveawayoftheday.com/
>
> I have used this site without problems before - I am not affiliated with
> them but thought that some in this group might like to try this program.
>
> Eric

0
ericNOSPAM (46)

Line chart categoray axis labels issue
Hi, I have two problems (bugs perhaps) that I need o find a way to work around in Excel 2007. They both concern the category (x) axis (text) labels in line charts. I normally shy away from line charts entirely but, in the given instance I need to use them. First question: when you first create the line chart, and when you set the labels for the category axis, Excel automatically rotates the labels to get them to fit as well as possible. However, if you go in to the Format Axis> Alignment>Custom Angle box and enter a value, I can find no way of reenabling Excels automatic selectio...

Excel Shortcuts do not work in Explorer, but open in Excel (periodically)
Hi! Double clicking on files from within Explorer or attached to e-mails should cause Excel to start and to load the file. Often this fails. Excel starts but the file is not loaded. However, with Excel open the file may load with a normal double click and / or it can be opened from within Excel by the normal File > Open method. Most likely fix for this problem is from within Excel: Tools > Options > General Uncheck "Ignore other Applications" OK Close Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel in the Registry using the following routine...

Save as Web Page in Excel 2002
Is there any way to "tone down" the code that Excel 2002 creates when saving a worksheet as a web page? We converted to Excel 2002 this past year at work and I was previously using Excel 97. I have created a VB application that creates information sheets for 67 different categories at my workplace based on dynamic pivot tables it creates when I click a button. The worksheets that are generated are then saved as web pages. Excel 97 used to create very simple html pages that I could then apply my own styles to. Excel 2002 seems to create a new style for each change in j...

Exchange 2003 and OWA broken after Base Line Security Analyzer run.
Over the weekend I ran the MS Baseline Security Analyzer 1.2 and it recomended MDAC and MSXML updates, removing Parent paths for websites in IIS, and deleting some items in IIS. After doing these things, users can no longer log into OWA. Symptoms: When going to the website, the login box pops up and we can enter our username and password. After that, there is no connection and I get a 404 - File not found error. I try to connect to OWA directly on the server and it will show the one vertical blue bar, but that is it. The IE throbber just keeps spinning until I press the stop button. Troubles...

Removing Links in Excel #2
Does anyone know how to remove a link in Excel. In the Edit, Links menu there is no "break link" option as there is in PowerPoint. Any tips/suggestions? Thanks, Ruth S. Break Links was added in Excel 2002. If you have an earlier version of Excel try Bill Manville's FinkLink utility on Stephen Bullen's site: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "rspaulding@lucent.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36ee01c47ee1$c62ee540$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Does anyone know how to remove a link in Excel. In the | ...

Visio 2002 Performance Problems with UML Model
Hi I'm experiencing quite severe problems with a Visio model that I don't suspect is really that large. The file size is approx 7Mb and there are around 200 pages within the model. When I try to add a new diagram to the model it takes almost five minutes. I'm running off a hig spec machine with XP and Task Manager suggests that the processor is 100% occupied throughout these 5 minutes. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Danny Visio is a serious memory hog. I experienced the same issue you are and, long story short, had to go up to 1 gig of ram to resolve it. Every tim...

Deleting Lines in Excel
I am working with a recently purchased version of Office 2003. I am trying to modify an Excel document. I created the document on another computer and I am not sure what version of Excel I used. Anyway, the document is essentially a crude schematic; in other words it contains boxes connected by solid and dashed lines. The boxes were created by putting a border around selected cells. The lines were drawn using the line feature in AutoShapes. I am now trying to change this document by removing some boxes and lines, and then adding new boxes and lines. I can delete the boxes, but I ...

letterhead in excel
can letterhead be inserted into excel? Custom header, Insert picture. dsh wrote: > can letterhead be inserted into excel? ...

Organizing Excel Templates
When in Excel (2000), if I hit "File", "New" I get to choose a template from two different tabs; "General" and "Spreadsheet Solutions". I know that if I save an xls or xlt file to the correct location (Default Template directory), this will become a template in the "General" Tab. However, I want to create new folders to choose from besides "General" or "Spreadsheet Solutions" then put my new templates in my new directory. I've checked online, looked through the registry and cannot find anything. It used to be as...

How do I create a sales funnel graph/chart with Excel?
CharlesJ - It might help if you describe the kind of chart you want (and the data upon which it is based). A Google search for "sales funnel chart" yields approx. 125,000 results. Some examples seem to be quantitative (with what some chart gurus might regard as unnecessary deception using length and areas), and some seem to be merely line diagrams, not based on numerical data. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com CharlesJ - It might help if you describe the kind of chart you want (and the data upon which it is based). A Google search for "sales funnel chart" yiel...

Excel Automatic cell entries
User would like to enter a label in one cell that will generate 3-5 cell entries to the right based on a table array stored somewhere else on the worksheet. Is this possible without VBA code? You could use a lookup function. Charlie O'Neill >-----Original Message----- >User would like to enter a label in one cell that will >generate 3-5 cell entries to the right based on a table >array stored somewhere else on the worksheet. > >Is this possible without VBA code? >. > Hi this is possible but you may provide some more details whether formulas or an event macr...

Macro in Excel, anybody help?
Hello, I need some help in creating a macro in Excel. I have created mactos before and this one is a little more than I might want to take on. I am looking to copy three cells from a spreadsheet that I have, and paste them into a website, and have it return me a response back into the spreadsheet. If anybody has any suggestions, or know of people that might do this kind of work, please let me know. I have a few people taking a look at this right now, but they are dragging their feet and I need it asap. Thanks, Jesse Hi, What do you want to do? Do you have setup a connection to th...

Analyse with Excel
In Access 2000 when I used the Analyse with Excel button to export a report, text fields are truncated (to 170 characters). How can i get round this problem. -- Thanks MuJAy On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 07:51:03 -0800, MuJay <MuJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Have you tried: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet -Tom. >In Access 2000 when I used the Analyse with Excel button to export a report, >text fields are truncated (to 170 characters). How can i get round this >problem. ...

Linking Formulas, Worksheet to Worksheet
I need to set up a workbook with one worksheet per month for twelve months. There will be formulas in each worksheets, two of which need to carry forward totals from the previous month's worksheet. How do I link worksheets in this way? Start at the latest sheet and click on the cell where you want the previous sheet's data to appear, enter = and then go to the sheet that has the formula you want to carry forward. Click on the cell with the formula you want carried over and click enter. This should have the data you are looking for. "windsong" wrote: > I need t...

Can Excel do this?
Excel formulas are not my strong suit as I don't work with them often. Is Excel capable of using a formula to push a value into another cell? For instance, can A1 have a formula that says if B1 = 1 then C1 = "stuff"? I cannot use macros. I'd prefer not to use a "pull" type scenario where C1 also needs a formula to check if A1 is true or not. Basically, I don't want to A1 to reference any other cells but B1 or C1 and I don't want B1 or C1 to reference anything but themselves. If Excel cannot handle this specific task, just let me know and I'll move ...

Excel 2002 in Windows 7 ?
Will Excel 2002 work correctly in Windows 7 ? Jeff See replies to your similar question in microsoft.public.word.newusers. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] <Jeff@couldbeinvalid.com> wrote in message news:%23rMcVhffKHA.4636@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Will Excel 2002 work correctly in Windows 7 ? > > Jeff > > Just looking for reassurance that it will indeed work and that I will not be forced to upgrade. Jeff "macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:uaYO7RjfKHA.5792@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... &...

Model
:confused: Does anyone know any good ways i can tackle the followin model (view attachment>) or which sheets i should be using, thanks Attachment filename: model.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=51642 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you want help, describe your problem, with data examples. Asking people to open attachments is not a good idea. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "adn4n >...

Exporting to excel: Is it possible to delete data in worksheet fir
Hi, Is it possible to delete the data contained in an excel worksheet from Access? Per TGW: >Hi, > >Is it possible to delete the data contained in an excel worksheet from Access? Yes, but you may be facing a substantial learning curve bc it would have tb done via VBA code. -- PeteCresswell ...

disabling data updates within excel pivot table
When saving a Office Web Component Excel Pivot Table, as displayed from with a Web Browser, using the excel export function, I want to be able to freeze the data displayed, so that when ever I reopen the saved excel file the data content does not change to reflect any subsequent changes in the under lying OLAP cube ...

Pivottable 'refresh in EXCEL 2000
The refresh through Macro seems to always reset the filter values of the table to "All", while i save the file with specific filters. I tried it on Excell XP, and it works without changing anything. Is their patch for Excel 2000 's macro concerning this problem? ...

Is there a way of converting a lone excel graph into a JPEG
Is there a way to convert an excel graph into into a JPEG file Hi, The chart has an export method you can use from VBA ActiveChart.Export "C:\temp\mychart.jpg", "jpg" Cheers Andy Matthew Freedman wrote: > Is there a way to convert an excel graph into into a JPEG file -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Essentially the same thing. Change to suit Sub ExportChartGIF() ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.gif", _ FilterName:="GIF" End Sub Sub ExportChartJPG() ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.jp...

Excel project, help!
Hello, I wanted to be able to obtain information from one book to the other. Books are : Diagnostic, Bill, and Pricing. EX: Diagnostic A B ITEM UNITS Pen 2 EX: BILL CUSTOMER: 00001 JOHN A B C ITEM UNITS PRICE Pen 2 $20 EX:Pricing A B ITEM PRICE Pen $10 What I wanted to do is fill out the units on the diagnostic book and then for Excel to automatically place the item, unit, and price in the Bill book. I also wanted to be able to search a customers bill by a number and for excel to generate and store new customer numbers automatically. EX: I open excel or do ...

Initial Domain Model Using Visio (Agile Data Modeling)
Hi !! We are developing an application for which we are following this article on http://www.agiledata.org/essays/agileDataModeling.html We are designing initial Domain model for system, and than go phase by phase as article suggest. We are trying to design inital domain model using Visio. However which template to pick up in visio? Thanks !! ...

errors detected in by excel
Hi Friends, I am not a very technical person and have gained a lot of acquaintance by going through the answers of this forum. I am facing some trouble with my data in excel. I have put a lot of comments and graphics in the comment boxes in the worksheet. I work on excel at my office.I saved the data in a USB memory stick apart from the desktop at my office computer. When I try to use the memory stick at my home computer(excel 2003), a notepad pops up which says there were many errors in the file and there could be a loss of data in the process of repair . All the comment boxes have d...

How do I prepare a comparitive analysis graph in Excel
Specifics please. For instance, what do you want to compare and how? Jerry ...