Missing column letters and barely visible row numbers

The row with all column letters have totally disappeared in some of my Excel
spreadsheets and the row numbers are just barely visible in the left margin.
Any solutions ?

0
ppprado
3/21/2009 4:13:24 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Using xl2003 menus...

Window|arrange|Tiled
and resize the windows the way you like.

If both the column and row headers were not showing up, it could be this:
Tools|Options|view tab
Make sure "Row & column headers" is checked.

--

Dave Peterson
0

I am using Office 2007 and Vista so the menus in Excel are quite different to
what I was used to. Do you know how I can get to that same point with the new
program ?

thanks,

Dave Peterson wrote:
>Using xl2003 menus...
>
>Window|arrange|Tiled
>and resize the windows the way you like.
>
>If both the column and row headers were not showing up, it could be this:
>Tools|Options|view tab
>Make sure "Row & column headers" is checked.
>
>> The row with all column letters have totally disappeared in some of my Excel
>> spreadsheets and the row numbers are just barely visible in the left margin.
>> Any solutions ?

0
ppprado
3/21/2009 7:15:15 PM
Ron de Bruin has a cross reference here:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

The last line of this site points to this:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101491511033.aspx

Click on the View tab of the ribbon.  Look for the Window group and click the
Arrange All icon.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Dave Peterson wrote:
>Ron de Bruin has a cross reference here:
>http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm
>
>The last line of this site points to this:
>http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101491511033.aspx
>
>Click on the View tab of the ribbon.  Look for the Window group and click the
>Arrange All icon.
>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

0
ppprado
3/21/2009 8:43:56 PM
You can sort this... just go to the "View" tab on the ribbon and go to the
second group "Show/hide" and check the "Headings" box.
This should bring the row numbers back.

"ppprado" <u50550@uwe> wrote in message news:936ba28642564@uwe...
> The row with all column letters have totally disappeared in some of my
> Excel
> spreadsheets and the row numbers are just barely visible in the left
> margin.
> Any solutions ?

Visible Property
Hello, I'm trying to enter the following code in a form but its not working the way I want it. This is what i'm trying to accomplish. The btnContinuePaymentValidation runs a macro that takes the user to a different form once the user is done entering the data on the form. However, I only want the button to appear when txtPayAmtTotal = txtCheckAmountTotal. Othwerwise the suer will continue without balancing for the day. Private Sub Form_Dirty(Cancel As Integer) If Me.txtPayAmtTotal = Me.txtCheckAmountTotal Then Me.btnContinuePaymentValidation.Visible = True El...

Missing files

Combine multimple columns into one, automatically
I've posted the following question in the "excel.charting" newsgroup, but haven't gotten a response, so I'm wondering whether it isn't really a "charting" question, but is instead a problem that requires me to recalculate my data before drawing a chart. I'm trying to create a chart that will automatically combine into one column what are now several columns when displayed in an ordinary column chart. The columns I want to combine all have the same value on the X-axis, but are shown (in an ordinary chart) as separate columns because they have differe...

Converting a Number
Does anyone know of a rotuine to convert a number into its equivalent in English, e.g. 400,000 = Four Hundred Thousand. Thanks. -- Anthony Anthony, Have a look at... http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Anthony Ching" <AnthonyChing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7C96913-A24B-4179-8333-9833FBBAFEA6@microsoft.com... Does anyone know of a r...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Windows Mail Drops 1st 2 letters of Reply-To Address
About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of the reply-to email address for all of my Yahoo contacts...I deleted the contacts from my list and reentered them...it still does it. I can send a new email to these people just fine...but cannot use the "reply to" feature. Any ideas? -- christinewv "christinewv" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:133071c331d4e1bf5f974795ec9ed6d5@nntp-gateway.com... > > About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of > the reply-to email address for ...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Missing Folders after Sync

Column Charts
I would like to chart three series. I would like two columns in each group. The first column in a group would be series 1. The second column in a group would be series 2 and 3 stacked on each other. Is that possible? I've come close by using secondary axis but the columns are plotted over each other. Check out Jon Peltier's site at www.peltiertech.com I know he has something there on this, but I don't have time to look it up right now. "jtd1" wrote: > I would like to chart three series. I would like two > columns in each group. The first column in a...

Align receipt column to the left
Hi All, I have the following XML code from my a4 receipt. All I am trying to do is make the row <ROW> "||Discount||" Entry.ReasonDiscount.Code "|" align left so that it appears under my lookup code or description (i'm using entry.comment) I cannot seem to get this to work and I am very confused by the alignment command. Can anyone please help? It's an full page receipt using Opos drivers. I have included the code concerned below; <TABLE> <TOP> HeaderHeight + MarginTop </TOP> <FONT> "Small"...

Sizing Columns in CListView's / CListCtrl's
Greetings: I'm writing an application that must run on a variety of machines with different screen resolution settings. I have many dialogs containing list views and I would like to be able to initialize the column widths so that they completely fill the full width of the list view without any column being clipped. However, What works for one screen resolution does not work for another. For example, I have a list control with three columns. The column sizes are specified in the LVCOLUMN structure and three consecutive calls to InsertColumn using 90, 80 and 100 units, respectively. On a s...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

counting data in a column
I have a column of part numbers that include duplicates. What I need i to count the number of different part numbers, avoiding duplicates, an display the total in a cell. What is the formula for this ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Bob Umlas posted this today on the G list =SUM(IF(COUNTIF(B1:B19,B1:B19)=0, "", 1/COUNTIF(B1:B19,B1:B19))) -- Don Guille...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Linq to sql
Hi. There must be something I missed... If I do a simple linq query like this: var sections = from s in ProjectGlobal.rd.ER_Person_Sections where s.Person_Id == "10" select s; The result is shown in a grid and a new itemrow is visible last in the grid. I can also change values in the grid. But if I change the "select s" with specific return values: select new { s.Person_Id, s.Section_Code, s.ER_Section.SectionName }; The new row is not visible and I can't change any values. The dataset seems...

Missing Message Text

Converting month number to text equivalent
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D1EC.879C4B80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In cell A1 I have the date 01/06/2004 (Jan 6th, 2004) displayed. I want = to list the Month and Year of the previous month in cell B1. In this = example I need "DEC-2003" to display. Can anyone help? TIA, Alan ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D1EC.879C4B80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

Excel 2000 SP3 printing issue: text is either rotated (each individual letter) or small or not even there
This is regarding Excel 2000 running on a Windows 2000 Professional system. One of my users is having an issue printing from Excel. The document appears to be quite basic, but when she prints it to a color printer (HP CLJ 5500 PS) the letters in the black text are individually rotated 90 degrees, although the string of characters remains horizontal. This does not affect the text that is colored red, only the black text, strangely not all of it, like there is a heading on the chart, and that is fine, but doesn't appear to be any different than the rest of the text. When she prints to a B...

number record of record
I have a form(f2PlantUnit) with a subform(f3UnitSub) linked by the field ProjectID On the subform, I have the arrows that go First, Previous, Next, Last record. I would like to show ... 1 of 2 ...if they are on record 1 of 2 records. .... next to the arrows to let the user know how many records there are and which record they ar on. Any ideas? -- deb You can show the first number in a text box with ControlSource of: =[Form].[CurrentRecord] There's a bit more involved in getting the second number (after the OF.) Essentially, you want to refer to: =[Form].[Recordset]...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Stacked Column Chart / Normal Column Chart
Hi All I have 3 numbers: Sales so far this week, projected sales for the rest of the week and weekly target. I want to have a column chart with two columns. The first column is a stack of the sales so far this week and the projected sales for the rest of the week which would show Total projected sales for the week. The second column is a normal column showing just the weekly target. I can't work out how to combine the stacked chart with the normal column chart. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Rowan Please ignore. I was having trouble searching the newgroups ea...

Last "Numeric Value" in a column of formulas
I have formulas in column A. I will sometimes enter a numeric value in one of the rows of column A. How do I find the last Row in which I have entered a numeric value? Example Column A (below) should produce a result of Row 10 because 7 is the last numeric value: =B1 =B2 2 7 =B5 =B6 =B7 2 9 3 =B11 =B12 =B13 Thanks for your help... On Mar 20, 1:14 pm, iamnu <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have formulas in column A. > I will sometimes enter a numeric value in one of the rows of column A. > > How do I find the last Row in which I have entered a numeric value? > > Exampl...