missing cell rows (jumps from 2 directly to 9)

I wonder why a excel file I received have some rows invisible. It
jumps directly from 2 to 9 and no 3 to 8? It's not hidden as hide is
grayed.

Thanks,
0
cpliu
1/7/2010 2:54:27 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It could mean that the worksheet is filtered.  Do you see arrows on any of the
"header" cells (row 1???)

Look at the row numbers.  Are they grey or blue?

If they're blue, it's autofilter.
Try this (xl2003 menus):
Data|Filter|show all

I'm not sure what "hide is grayed" means, but if it's not autofilter, then try
this next.

F5 (same as Edit|goto)
type:
1:65536
and hit enter

Then on the toolbar:
Format|row|unhide

--

Dave Peterson
0

I cant see pictures inserted into word/publisher #2
On reopening saved files I can't see pictures inserted into Word or Publisher. ...

Missing files

Exchange 2000 Disaster Recovery #2
Situation: Exchange 2000 Server is also a DC, and the GC for the domain (early consultant). UPS failure in the rack caused box to go down hard about 4 weeks ago. After much frustration, a restore to a previous day on the Exchange stores brought us back up (although now I feel there was still corruption). Fast forward, ordered new box, installed OS & Exchange (NOT a DC this time). However, before moving over, UPS failed again. Attempts at eseutil and isinteg were useless, and now the corruption is at the OS level. Applications see the root drive as full (even with about 500MB ...

Force Cell Movement
Is there a way in Excel to force the user to move from a specific cell to another specific cell? The cells may not be right next to each other. For example, Worksheet opens with B5 being the active cell, when they hit enter/tab it goes to C7. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Jasmine To TAB to desired cells....... 1. Unlock the cells you want to TAB to then protect the worksheet. If your unlocked cells are in a left to right, top to bottom series, the TAB key will move you through them as long as Sheet Protection is enabled. 2. If not in this configuration.....you can do it wi...

Windows Mail Drops 1st 2 letters of Reply-To Address
About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of the reply-to email address for all of my Yahoo contacts...I deleted the contacts from my list and reentered them...it still does it. I can send a new email to these people just fine...but cannot use the "reply to" feature. Any ideas? -- christinewv "christinewv" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:133071c331d4e1bf5f974795ec9ed6d5@nntp-gateway.com... > > About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of > the reply-to email address for ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

macro to copy Vlookup formula to some cells with a filter on

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Missing Folders after Sync

Matching cells #4
A1 thru A10 contains sequentially-sorted data. B1 thru B6 contains sequentially-sorted data which matches SOME (but not ALL) of the data in Col A. For example. A B 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 6 5 5 8 6 6 10 7 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 I need to move the data in the cells in Col B next to the cells in Col A that have the same contents. For example: A B 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 6 6 6 7 7 8 8 8 9 9 10 10 10 In my actual spreadsheet, Col A contains 60,000 ce...

Tab function within cells
Is there a way to put in a tab within a cell? I could manually insert 5 spaces but it's cumbersome. I know I could insert another column but my columns are rather wide and the formatting is done with left justification. Thanks. Select the cells in question, then: <Format> <Cells> <Alignment> tab, Expand the "Horizontal" window, and click on "Left Indent", This activates the normally dormant "Indent" box to the right of that window. Just play with different values in that box to get what you're looking for. -- HTH, RD ----------...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

automatically updating cells in other files
An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. Is there anyway in which he can update the data by only keyboarding it into one file and have it automatically update the rest of files? Any help is appreciated. You can link cells by referencing them to a cell in another sheet or workbook. eg =[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1 -- Ian -- "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3TdK25vFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. > Is there anyway in which he can update the ...

Macro to Resize Cells for Word Wrap
Hi folks, Would like to write a macro that checks the cells in column D, and resizes those that have wrap-around text that is not showing. Many thanks... ./Randy Randy, What do you want to change to resize? Column width? Height? For height, you can set all the rows to autofit (Format - Rows - Autofit). Rows that have been manually height-adjusted go out of autofit mode. You can set all of column D to wrap by selecting it, then Format - Cells - Alignment - Word wrap. Maybe this will take care of this situation. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net --------...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Missing Message Text

online update #2
I have two credit cards from Chase with different logins. How can I get MS Money to see both of them. In microsoft.public.money, zbigguy wrote: >I have two credit cards from Chase with different logins. How can I get MS >Money to see both of them. What program are you using? In microsoft.public.money, zbigguy wrote: >I have two credit cards from Chase with different logins. How can I get MS >Money to see both of them. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814143/en-us zbigguy: I also have two CC accounts at Chase. Visa Cash Rewards and Visa Hess. I had the Cash Rewards c...

How Do I make one word in a cell vertical and the other horizonta
I am trying to create tabs for an Index label. How do you make the number of the chapter Vertical & the title Horizontal.. Interesting concept, but I don't think you can. You could use a helper cell (a column to the left of the cell you ar viewing) which was one character wide, and had 'Wrap Text' set i Format Cells, Alignment. You could also rotate this text by 90� if required. Hope this helps -- Bryan Hesse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21...

Linq to sql
Hi. There must be something I missed... If I do a simple linq query like this: var sections = from s in ProjectGlobal.rd.ER_Person_Sections where s.Person_Id == "10" select s; The result is shown in a grid and a new itemrow is visible last in the grid. I can also change values in the grid. But if I change the "select s" with specific return values: select new { s.Person_Id, s.Section_Code, s.ER_Section.SectionName }; The new row is not visible and I can't change any values. The dataset seems...

how to program a cell ?
I want to program cell A1 with a symbol + and B1 with a symbol - When I click on A1, I want A2 to increase by 5 min. When I click on B1, I want A2 to decrease by 5 min. Can someone help me ? Thanks ! If possible, can you email the EXCEL file. -- acwai Why not add a Spinner from the Forms Toolbar? Draw the Spinner over B1 and B2 or near enough. Set it to increment by 5 when clicked up or down. Gord On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:59:25 +0000, acwai <acwai.9ba7228@excelbanter.com> wrote: > >I want to program cell A1 with a symbol + and B1 with a symbol - > >When I click ...

Is there a "Go To > Links" command hidden away anywhere in Excel 9
Im frustrated by getting the automatic update prompt everytime i open a particular workbook. In "Edit > Links", I can see what external workbook the reference is to, but not what cell it is from in my workbook. Any help would be hugely appreciated! Chris Hi for an addin see: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip "Chris Vrionides" wrote: > Im frustrated by getting the automatic update prompt everytime i open a > particular workbook. > In "Edit > Links", I can see what external workbook the reference is to, but > no...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

When I insert a formula into a cell, it disappears
heres what is happening: the formula is correct, but when i paste it, the value computes to 0, which is not the correct value. However, if i paste it then press F9, the correct calculation appears but the formula disappears, leaving only the computed value. I need the formula to stay and compute the correct value. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated right now. Thanks Maybe it is an array formula, so try committing it with Ctrl-Shift-Enter rather than just Enter. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "paul" <...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...