Microsoft Query question

I am trying to use Microsoft Query to get data from my SQL 2000 databases.
The problem is that I have a few columns with names that conflict with
keywords (like Identity). (Yes. I kow that keywords should be avoided but it
is done and cannot be changed.) This is causing a keyword syntax error
within the Query application.

Oddly enough, even if I do not select the column the error still appears.
And when you look at all the columns available, the keyword named column
shows up in boldface.

When I am doing queries in other programs I put square ("[ ]") brackets
around column and table names. This keeps the value from being treated as a
keyword.

The question I have is can this be done with Microsoft Query? Are there any
solutions (besides changing column names)?

0
JayCallas (1)
1/26/2004 4:28:31 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Optimizing query
I have a query where the execution plan is showing a table scan with 32% cost. I have tried to put indexes on pretty much all the fields and still get the same result. The predicate from the Query Analysers execution plan for this table is: [dbo].[REVIEWER].[EnvironmentID]=[@EnvironmentID] AND ([@NameChoice] IS NULL OR CASE WHEN isnull([dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName],'')<>'' THEN ([dbo].[REVIEWER].[LastName]+', ')+[dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName] ELSE CASE WHEN isnull([dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName],'')='' THEN [dbo].[REVIEWER].[LastName] ...

Registers Question
Yes, I did the whole tutorial, but some BASICS where never explained in it. Aside: Did you know that after mentioning Z and ZZ Report thousands of times, they finally get around to telling you what the hell that is in like lesson 7 of 10??? What a joke and waste of money. They were just reading Page-for-page the help file. ----- In SO Manager/Registers Maybe I am not understanding this right. I have been PLAYING with one computer install (besides the MSDE on the server where the database is). I set up register 1000 at my computer since it will be data entry only. I set the receipt pr...

OOF question
By default, exchange send out of office message only once to anyone who sends an email to a user who has set his OOF. Can this behaviour be changed so that exchange sends email everytime when it gets a message for someone who has sets his OOF? regards Nope. With an Outlook rule, you could do it, though that would be a bad idea as it could make you vulernable to a mail loop. On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:37:00 +0400, "Imulet" <m_imran00@hotmail.com> wrote: >By default, exchange send out of office message only once to anyone who >sends an email to a user who has set hi...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Need Query Help
Hi All, I am new to Access. I built a query which gives me purchase orders and payments on those purchase orders. However, the query dpes not give me purchase orders with no payments. I need both: (1) purchase orders with payments and (2) and purchase orders without payments. How do I go about adjusting my query to include both? -- Shirley In your query, select the line that joins your two tables and right-click. That should bring up a context menu with a choice for Join Properties. Select that, then select the option that will include ALL records from the purchase order table ...

Microsoft Promo

Report Question 03-26-07
Can anyone explain to me if it is possible to take a text field in a report to make it simulate columns without changing the page setup options. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Kbrad28 -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com kbrad28 via AccessMonster.com wrote: >Can anyone explain to me if it is possible to take a text field in a report >to make it simulate columns without changing the page setup options. Any help >is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Normally this kind of thing is done by using a subreport for the details. This entails creating a main report q...

microsoft XL

Button Parameter Query
I am a COMPLETE NOVICE struggling with designing a database... Have Mercy! I need my user to be able to select from a drop down list of queries from which the user can then further choose a a single or combination of 7 regions as the final criteria. I believe I would need a drop down list of existing queries, for example, "All Active By Region#", and then allow the user to choose which region(s) they need to generate the report from a set of buttons on a parameter query form? The reports will provide Region#, Name, Id#, address, phone numbers, e-mail, and teachable qualif...

Sum of Descriptions Query
Hi: I have a Query that has a WorkID and a Work Description: ID: Description: 1 Go to work 2 Come home 3 Eat Dinner I want to compile the Descriptions into a single description: Go to work, Come Home, Eat Dinner Can I do this & if so how? Thanks! Hi, can you tell us a bit more - what happens after you put 'Go to work, Come Home, Eat Dinner' together? Do you have a table with lots of entries like this that you need to concatenate in the same way? Jeanette Cunningham "Jazflux" <Jazflux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8A57FEC-802D-4B54-BFD7-9...

Use SQL to delete record from underlying query
I have a form that is a main and subform. The subform uses dlookup to find multiple values that are used as defaults for the current record. This process is complex and ends up using code to modify bound fields. This works great until I want to cancel the update. If the user wants to add a record, this form is loaded and all of the prior settings from the underlying tables are brought in. If I then click Cancel to close the form and not complete the new entry, the record is saved anyway. I understand why the record is saved by Access. I wanted to delete the just added record as a roundabout ...

Question on single product key and home wireless network
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I just want to clarify how a single product key/license works when installed on desktop and laptop. It seems that I can use both, but it won't work when Office detects itself on another computer on a local network. What exactly does "local network" mean? I have a wireless network I use at home; does this mean that if I am working at home, I can't have run Office on both computers? For example, if I needed to send something to print from my desktop, I would need to close Office on my laptop first? Just t...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

newbie Create new column question
Hello, I want to create a new column "D" which is column "C" + 100. I can enter in cell D1 the forumla : =C1+100 which does the trick for D1. But how do I propagate that for all column "C" cells? Thanks, bruce This video http://www.woopid.com/video/1355/Create-a-Formula explains how to easily take a formula in one cell, and have it applied to mulitple cells. "brucer" <brucer@no-spam.org> wrote in message news:49aec612$0$13281$607ed4bc@cv.net... > Hello, > > I want to create a new column "D" which is column "C&qu...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....

microsoft money loosing VAT content in split catogory withdrawl
Hi I have money 2000 and file VAT returns with the information it provides. I just discovered that if I have a split catogory withdrawl the VAT component is blank (greyed out) and is not in report. Can any one help with this problem thanks Gary ...