Message Alert for Changing cell data

I run a daily report in Excel that tracks levels of products in tanks
It is important to be able highlight tanks that do not change levels o
any given day. I insert the date in the report automatically. Iwoul
like to know how to flash an alert when any selected tank level does
not change for that specific da

--
jsmith5

jsmith59's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=786
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32051

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How about conditional formatting to change the interior color
format>conditional format>select formula is>=a2<>b2>format as desired>OK

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7864
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=320518

0
Don

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

import data
Hi, everybody: I am now using Access 2007, and I have one table and its fields as followings: Product_Num (Text, no duplicate) Customer_Num (Text) I finished filling the data in the Product_Num filed, and there are about 500 records. Now, the filed Customer_Num is empty at the moment. One of my colleague has a MS Excel file which store all the Product_Num and Customer_Num data inside. Is there any way that I don't have to type the Customer_Num one by one manually, but just import the data from Excel into the table without destroying the original data I already entered? Thanks for yo...

How change receipt text?
When we use the "read reciept function" in Outlook 2003 every recipient gets the message in Swedish since our Office Suite is in Swedish. The international customers don't know what the message is all about and gets confused. How do I change the text which is automatically displayed? ...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Change how finance charge is assessed
Hi In GP 10 we are going to have one set of customers who's payment terms will be weekly. But, we don't want the finance charge to be assessed though until the invoice is overdue by 30 days. Is there a way to do that? Thanks Jennifer Jennifer, No, nothing built into GP does this. Finance charges are calculated on the balance of anything past your current bucket. So you could make your "current" bucket 1-60 days and that may help your situation but i don't think it'll be what you are looking for exactly. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided &...

Local profiles + Outlook data
Could someone please refer me to step-by-step instructions on moving Local Profiles and Outlook data into Exchange 2003? I have a small group of XP users that I need to move into a new Active Directory domain, and import their Outlook data + IMAP mail from a BSD server to Exchange 2003. I've built the AD domain; added user accounts and configured mail routing between Exchange, Postfix+Courier, and the outside world; and have DNS zones, VPN access, etc. all working. Next I need to: 1 - move each Windows Box into AD, (okay, this one is easy) 2 - move their login profile into AD, so tha...

Import Excel Data from another workbook or file
Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different workbooks? E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files into one. tamato43 wrote: || Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different || workbooks? || || E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" || 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. || || What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files || in...

Desktop alerts not working after SP2
I had the alerts not working anymore after SP2. I noticed that if I clear all new mails and exit from Outlook, at restarting alerts are again on. Is this normal ? The not-working status begins again after some while ... reason unknown. There is some special setup to be performed ? Am I doing some mistake ? I work unders XP Pro, regularly updated. Pls help Manlio Some have reported problems with the pre-sp2 CU - they needed to install a second update to make it work. That second update should be part of SP2 tho. One person told me if there is no new mail upon opening Outlook, the desktop ...

File Save although no changes were made
Hello, I use Excel 2003 and use a spreadsheet that always prompts me to 'save file' upon closing it even though I have not made any changes to it. I did not find any =today() or =now() formulae. Can any one help, please? Thanks hvgmxx There are more volatile functions then the 2 you mentioned. There's "Indirect" and "Offset" just to name a couple more. Also, XL will try to save "older" versions of WSs, when opened in a newer version. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Grou...

Importing Data Files
Hey all, I have recently had to undergo a clean install of Windows XP onto a new Computer, and am having trouble importing all my MS Outlook XP data into XP (from 98SE). Thanks, -- Daniel Becroft ; ================================= "Real computer scientists don't comment their code. The identifiers are so long they can't afford the disk space." "Blue sparks and white smoke, the two most expensive components of any electrical system, and once used up will cost a fortune to replace." What is the exact issue? You can connect to the file by File -> Open -> ...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

Data display
I have a set of data, the number of aircrafts sold each month from 1992 till 2007. I want to display them onto a column chart (easy!) but occassionally I want it to show only the data for each quarter, and not all of them. Whats the simplest and easiest way of doing that without having to put in quarter columns and selecting to plot those? thanks One simple way is to have a further column with a formula of =IF(AND($D$1="x",MOD(MONTH(A1),3)<>0),NA(),B1) and then just chart columns A & C. Normally you get each month, put x in D1, and only the quarters show. -- -...

Changing Previously Entered City Zip Codes
I have a customer who has entered incorrect cities and state abbreviations that are tied to zip codes. This false information keeps coming up by default when he enters the zip codes. Is there a way to change this? I thought entering a new city and state to correspond with the correct zip code when creating a new customer would rectify this, but it again reverts to the originally and incorrectly entered zip, city, and state. Thanks for your time. The way this funtionality works, is it reads the first available record that matches the entered ZIP code. Therefore if you have been e...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Formatting cells
Is it possible to format cells to text only, therefore when entering number into a cell the wrong format symbol will appear. This does wor when formatting a cell to text and entering only numbers but when yo enter text and numbers it does not work. Is this possible? Ti -- timmy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- timmyc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3119 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51930 What's a "wrong format symbol"?? "timmyc" <timmyc...

Data Migration
I have edb files from E 5.5 (E 5.5 server is no longer available). I have setup all users' mailboxes on a new E 2003 server. How can I import data from 5.5's edb files. Is there a step by step artilce ? TIA Sam: Your best bet is to build another Exchange 5.5 server and then ExMerge the data in that store out to PST files. There is no way to get that data out of the database files without 3rd party help. However, if the data is really important to you, there are a couple of 3rd party products that make this a breeze. Quest Software's Recovery Manager for Exchang...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Automatically resizing a cell
Hi. If I have a cell with "wrap text" and I type in enough text, the height of the cell/row automatically adjusts. Fine. But SOMETIMES, the height does NOT adjust, and the text gets scrunched and isn't legible. Why does that happen, and is there any way to resize the cell/row automatically? I seem to recall that if you hit F2 within the cell, it would resize it. That doesn't appear to work for me currently, and I'd obviously prefer a more automatic method to solve my problem. Specifically, I pasted some HTML into Excel, and now it will not adjust the row height. I...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

Data validation
Is there a way to have Data validation display a description next to the data, but only insert the data into the activecell, similar to a Combobox? For example display 1 Groceries 2 Car 3 Medical but insert 1,2 or 3 into the cell. Thanks Laurence Lombard Hi Laurence this can only be done with VBA. See http://www.contextures.com/DataValNameID.xls for an example. To give you a short overview you have to do the following: 1. In your data list for the listbox add a concatenated column of your number and the name 2. Choose this concatenated column as data source for your list 3....

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...