Merging 3 Workbooks without using macros

Hello,

There are three of us that keep track of data for our respective departments
in Excel but would like to merge only certain data into one master worksheet
so our boss can see a general snap shot as to what we are doing.  Is it
possible to merge our workbooks automatically as we enter data?  Our
worksheets are the same size.  I know I can use a macro to do this, but it
only works when all the worksheets are in the same workbook.  We each need to
be able to add data throughout the day and not worry that someone else is
using the worksheet.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Mark
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Mark

So you don't want a macro because it can not access remote files ? That is
not quite true. This sample pulls data from the file C:\Temp\Book1.xls

Sub PullDataSample()
Dim R As Long, C As Long
For R = 1 To 100
    For C = 1 To 10
        Sheets(1).Cells(R, C).FormulaR1C1 = _
            "='C:\Temp\[Book1.xls]Sheet1'!RC"
        Sheets(1).Cells(R, C).Calculate
        Sheets(1).Cells(R, C).Value = _
            Sheets(1).Cells(R, C).Value
    Next C
Next R
End Sub

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Mark Jackson" <MarkJackson@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> Hello,
>
> There are three of us that keep track of data for our respective
departments
> in Excel but would like to merge only certain data into one master
worksheet
> so our boss can see a general snap shot as to what we are doing.  Is it
> possible to merge our workbooks automatically as we enter data?  Our
> worksheets are the same size.  I know I can use a macro to do this, but it
> only works when all the worksheets are in the same workbook.  We each need
> be able to add data throughout the day and not worry that someone else is
> using the worksheet.  Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Mark

0
innocent (844)

Excel as a database #3
is there any possibility that i used to print a invoice through excel for my product sale. is there any way excel can generate monthly sales book as a database. Please show me any path Thanks in advance. Rao Ratan Singh Rao, Consider Access for this project. To do this properly, you'll likely need a table for your products (your inventory or product line), one for your invoices, one for the items in your invoices, and if you're keeping customer information, one for your customers. Excel is terrific, but a lot of darn work to implement related tables, move records around, ...

Using CImage?
I am trying to use CImage for the first time. I give the code schematically below. CImage::Save() is not working for me. Am I missing some important step? The HRESULT indicates an unknown error. (Stepping through image.Save(), I see it succeeding until the last step Gdiplus::Bitmap bm( m_hBitmap, NULL ); status = bm.Save( pwszFileName, &clsidEncoder, NULL ); which fails.) ================ The code: Schematically I have HBITMAP hBitmap = ......; // I then call a debugging routine which displays the bitmap // in a dialogue: it looks ok. // I now want to save it as a GIF T...

#REF #3
Hi, I'm doing a projection spreadsheet. The new months in diff sheets will be added as and when the actual month passes, ie, up to now i have sheets up to Aug. But in the MAIN sheet, I'm supposed to have months for the whole year up to Dec. Since Sep to Dec don't have equivalent sheets yet, the cells show #Ref since my formula is =Oct!A1. I want to tell the cell to get the amount from "Oct" sheet if there's such a sheet and if not, get the amount from "Sep" sheet. I tried this "=if(Oct!A1="#REF", Sep!A1,Oct!A1)" but it doesn'...

Beginner
Hi ! I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought I passed the first lessons) I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100 entries for a table) I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop. Like that: Year: 2000 2001 2002 2003 etc. Plant: plant_1 plant_2 plant_3 etc. Generator: gen_1 gen_2 gen_3 etc. So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant it must exist some Generators. I already have ma...

How to use only half DIN A 4
Tengo que confeccionar nuevas listas de precios para mi negocio, las cuales van introducidas dentro de un soporte de plástico. La medida de las listas es de la mitad de din A4. Tengo hecha la plantilla en din A4 mediante Publisher y no se como reducirlo a la mitad. Puede alguien ayudarme por favor? Trabajar con texto http://office.microsoft.com/es-hn/assistance/CH062524573082.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Kat...

Copying recordset multiple times using copyfromrecordset
We recently caught this issue but found out after research, that this has been occuring all year. This code worked in the past, but I am not sure if there was an Excel update that occurred which changed the behavior of the script. What we are trying to do is to have a recordset pasted twice into two seperate worksheets. It is pasting without issue in the first copyfromrecordset, but then it skips over the second paste (even when stepping through the code). I know that it is not the worksheet we are copying into because I can reverse the 'first paste/second paste' (see lab...

picture manager uses incorrect printer as default
Picture does not use the default printer but defaults to the fax. ...

Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default
http://www.vistax64.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1136177 Andrew;1136177 Wrote: > If I right click on a file there is usually the option to"Open with..". > Selecting this option list possible programs with which to open the > application and, below this, there is a check box labelled "always use > the > selected program to open this kind of file". The check box is always > checked, so clicking on OK permanently associates the selected program > with > the file type in question. > > However, I usually use this option to op...

Cannot send mail using either port 25 or 587
I don't understand why this has only recently been happening but I cannot send mail using smtp in ol 2003. I am trying to send using my Yahoo account but the send receive says that it is sending messages that are not actually in the outbox, e.g (bottom rh corner of screen sending 2 of 3 messages when there are no messages there to send) then after a short while it says error send receive. My ISP is BT and apparently they block port 25 so I changed the port settings (as recommended by Yahoo) to port 587 but I still cannot send from within outlook. I have configured my e mail accou...

trouble connecting to Exchange 2003 using Outlook 97 Exchange Server Service
hello, this is my setup I have one Active Directory domain containing two AD Sites, configured through AD Sites and Services, Site one is the local LAN on the 192.168.x.x subnet, Site two is a remote site in a datacentre on the public-facing 87.127.x.x subnet - the two sites are connecting via VPN on Sonicwall firewalls the VPN connection is solid - and commuications from Site one to Site two is fine, and vice versa netdiag and dcdiag from both sides report no problems My Exchange Server is in Site two, along with a DC/GC and appears to be working fine (still in testing phase), OWA works...

Out of Memory #3
As a spreadsheet grows, I'm beginning to have occasional "Out of Memory" problems while doing "Paste" operations. Grumble, grumble.... Digging into the problem a bit, I find the INFO statement tells me that I have roughly 50MB available to Excel and that most of it is used up. My question is simply whether there's anything that I can do to increase that 50MB gross amount before I tinker with how Excel is actually using it in the spreadsheet? 1) Would it make any difference if I changed from Excel97 to the current version? Or does the same 50MB limit exist ...

store formula in macro then paste it when macro runs
I download a file every month and I need to format it adding columns, deleting rows, etc - also I need to add some formulas to the file so that the data is formatted according to my specifications and to be used in another model. The formula is to be pasted on cell B3 ... and the formula is =RIGHT(LEFT(A3,16),3). Thanks Is this what you need? Sub PasteFormula() Range("B3").Formula = "=RIGHT(LEFT(A3,16),3)" End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "Nina" wrote: > I download a file every month and I need to format it adding columns...

Data from multiple sheets and workbooks
Each week I receive a workbook from one of my customers. It contains mutliple sheets with salesnumbers from all the branch of my customer. Each sheet contains from 1 000 to 15 000 lines of salesdata. Every article sold gets one line in the sheets. Each workbook are named "weeknr.xls" and are stored in the same folder. Now my question/problem. I need to gather all sales info for one branch on one article from all the weeks. I know how to get the data from one workbook to another, but how do I get it to scan all the workbooks in the folder. Any ideas. Dim oFSO Sub LoopFolder...

Change Headers That Exchange Uses To Deliver Mail?
When someone sends a BCC mail to recipients in my domain, the TO: header field is blank and as a result, the message is getting dumped into my badmail and a copy is going to the postmaster in my domain. It turns out that our ISP has some kind of SPAM filter that parses the BCC content prior to delivery to me and places the intended recipients in a new header called: X-NETSCAN-TO: Is there a way to tell my exchange server to use the contents of that new header to determine the recipients in addition to the normal TO: header which works the rest of the time? So, have it check TO: and X...

pre-windows 2000 logon name __ is already in use
We are trying to roll out Exchange Server 2000 at our office but we are having a problem creating a very important account we have on our old mail server (service@) When we try to create the user "service" we get the following error msg: "windows cannot create the new user object becuase the pre-windows 2000 logon name service is already in use. select another name, and then try again" I assume that this is reserved word or something for AD user accounts. We need to be able to send and receive emails w/ "service@", how can we get this to work on exhange...

Can't download large files using IE
I am unable to download large files ( 2 to 6 GB) from a web site using Internet Explorer but I am able to download using Firefox. I have various issues with IE 6 and IE7. With IE6, a partial file was downloaded of siz 1.65 GB instead of 6 GB. No error - just an incomplete file. I've been told IE has a limit on the size of files it can download. Does anyone know what that limit is and is there a way to change or disable it? Or any other issues which might be preventing this? "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA63A026-...

A macro code to print multiple sheets in different w.books
Hi, i know i am not supposed to post the question twice, but could not get e reply on that forum. Sorry in advance. below is my question: Hi there, can anyone help me with the codes to get a macro to print local wbook sheets along with the several sheets in other workbooks? I was able to record a macro to print worksheets in the local workbook, but how do i make the same macro to print the worksheets in three more different workbooks with multiple worksheets in them? Thanks in advance? Have you tried recording a macro where you open the other books and print the appropriate sh...

Changing dates with a macro
I have a list of 7 dates, any Monday - Sunday, and I want to write a macro, that when run, will change the first date to 7 days in the future, and then have all the other dates respond to the change in the first date. I have taken an unused cell, and added 7 to the first date, but when i copy, or drag to the original cell, it either gives a #REF or the other cells wont respond. I write my macros by stepping through the processes. I don't know enough to actually write one using the visual basic language. A B C 1 8/30 Mon 2 +A1+1 =A2 ...

"Run" code causing macros to run twice and/or stopping
Hi - I have been building some macros that are to be run within other macros. Weird stuff was happening! I used the "Call" command instead of "Run." Everything finally worked perfect!! Being new to VBA I do not know the reason behind the "Run" command being different and causing my problems. BUT "call" sure is the answer to my recent irritations. After I got the darn things to finally work, I decided to do the responsible thing and use Option Explicit, which helped me clean up my code tremendously!! Hi, First, unless you have a reason to use...

Upgrading CRM 3.0 from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
Hi, We are planning to upgrade CRM 3 to CRM 4 but currently our CRM 3 runs on SQL 2000 and according to the upgrade path CRM4 requires SQL 2005! So, what is the process of upgrading SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 for CRM? I have found the method of upgrading SQL itself whcih basically entails installing 2005 SQL then moving the 2000 databases to the 2005 instatnce, but will this work OK for CRM as well? Are there any other steps/dependancies than need to be considered. Thanks in advance (of a long night upgrading!) Nik Upgradation is SQL Server 2005 installation which will upgrade from SQL 200...

Gift Cards #3
I am looking to create gift cards. Cards that customers can buy as gifts, add any amount of credit on them. I would like wither bar code or magnetic swipe. Is this possible to do without having to use the cervice of an outside company (beyond making the cards)? Yes it is called vouchers. Built in to RMS can be used with barcodes as well as mag stripe. "Willie" <Willie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF668839-DBDF-4E09-805C-3904CF7B82CE@microsoft.com... >I am looking to create gift cards. Cards that customers can buy as gifts, >add > any amoun...

Assigning Macros to Combo Box list
How do I assign separate macros to separate listings withing a combo drop down box? I am trying to create a combo drop down box that takes you to a specified sheet within the same workbook. I expect you don't. I've never done this, but it would seem to me that you read the value of the combo box and move to the correct sheet based on that value, probably using a Select Case statement in the code. On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:51:04 -0700, "eric" <eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I assign separate macros to separate listings withing a combo drop >down...

merge email outlook 2003
Help, I am trying to complete an email merge. Everything goes great until sending - I can only 25 about 25 messages then Outlook 'freezes' and send me an error message: "Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: ?S2 4.5.3 No more transactions allowed.'" My Internet Server says they are not the problem in fact I have a 'business account' and should have a fairly large message limit (certainly extremely larger than my currant project). ...

Accessing Windows Using Handles
I am a beginner at MFC programming and I am working on an application that uses buttons on a Dialog to activate other applications or processes. However, once the application or process is initialized the Dialog is terminated. The user can re-initialize the Dialog and choose to start any application or process. If the user selects an application that is running, the system should not start a new process but it should bring the application running to the top window. I have been able to use PSAPI to enumerate all the processes running and detect if the process is running. Could you plea...