Max number sheets in a file?

How many sheets can an excel 2002 file have if each sheet has only abou
a page of text?  I'm just looking for a general idea, if it's lots an
lots and I don't need to worry about it that's a good enough answer fo

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The number will be limited by the memory in your computer. Certainly
hundreds of sheets is well within most machine's capacity.

In article <bishopwill.154u1g@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 bishopwill <<bishopwill.154u1g@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> How many sheets can an excel 2002 file have if each sheet has only about
> a page of text?  I'm just looking for a general idea, if it's lots and
> lots and I don't need to worry about it that's a good enough answer for
> me
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
4/22/2004 9:10:20 PM
Hi
Excel's help (look under 'Specification') states that your memory is
the limit.
you may also take a look at
http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> How many sheets can an excel 2002 file have if each sheet has only
> about a page of text?  I'm just looking for a general idea, if it's
> lots and lots and I don't need to worry about it that's a good enough
> answer for me
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
4/22/2004 9:13:46 PM
The answer is "Lots and lots and lots of sheets".

Even with a relatively small computer, you can store more sheets than you
could possibly create.  The number is exact and defined...it doesn't depend
on your computer's capacity.  I'm not sure exactly how many it is...but it's
more than you could likely ever want to create.

Danno

"bishopwill >" <<bishopwill.154u1g@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> How many sheets can an excel 2002 file have if each sheet has only about
> a page of text?  I'm just looking for a general idea, if it's lots and
> lots and I don't need to worry about it that's a good enough answer for
> me
>

> ---

reardone (10)

deleting sheets and shapes
I have a routine that should go through and delete the shapes and other sheets in an Excel workbook. The problem is that the button(shape) that is clicked to perform this operation is not deleted. Also the sheet doesn't want to delete as well. Sub CreateSheet() Dim Shp As Shape, i As Integer, FName, WName FName = ActiveWorkbook.FullName WName = ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\Week" & Range("A2") ActiveWorkbook.Save With thisworkbook.ActiveSheet .Unprotect On Error Resume Next For Each Shp In .Shapes Shp.Visible = False Next Shp A...

Max Customers Accounts in CRM 1.2
One of our client who is evaluating CRM asked for number of Customer Accounts Limit of MS CRM 1.2. We know that MS is targeting CRM for small and Medium size orgainzation but can it support customers of an orgainzation to Millions. Or Can some one tell the max limit of Customer Accounts. ? Regards, JZ There is no defined maximum.. The key is sizing the SQL server appropriately. Especialyl with CRM not supporting clustered SQL servers. I know there are companies out there that have implemented (or are in the process of implementing) installs for > 1,000 users. Matt Parks MVP - Micr...

Pub 2000: insert Unicode by number
I wish to insert a couple of Unicode characters which do not appear i Publisher 2000's symbol list. Is this possible -- Andrew Bryan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Andrew Bryant's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=511 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=126125 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Andrew Bryant wrote: > I wish to insert a couple of Unicode characters which do not appear in > Publisher 2000's symbol list. Is this possible? Try (with NumLock on) Alt+(Uxxxx), where xxxx is...

auto number a word document each time it is opened
Hi there, I would like to know how to have a number update automatically each time the document is opened. I have tried all the avenues I know and still have had no luck. I am using word 2003 and have no experience with macros, however I am keen to learn. I am struggling to get the below advice to previous users " http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm. " to work for me. It keeps coming up with error messages after I have created the macro, the main one being "Compile Error: Expected Function or variable" for the "Order =" and then...

Excel formula divide list of #s by N to get a number above 40
I have a list of numbers. I need to divide each of those numbers by the same number ("N") that will give me a resulting list in which all of the numbers are at least 40 or above. Is there a formula that will find such a number? Hi =MAX(40,A1/N) Arvi Laanemets "JudyK" <JudyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FB1C4C9-745E-4CAD-A20D-0AC346CE9365@microsoft.com... > I have a list of numbers. I need to divide each of those numbers by the same > number ("N") that will give me a resulting list in which all of the numbers > are at l...

numbers in a cell change
When I type numeric numbers in a cell they change to a type of formula when I exit the cell. How do I get them to stay numeric only? -- GeorgeA I just can't picture what you're describing. Could you post some examples? -- Regards, RD ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------- "GeorgeA" <GeorgeA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Where did my file and edit category button go?
Go to Tools > Customize > Commands Tab > Categories > Built-in Menus and drag the two missing commands to your toolbar. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JStud" <JStud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CDB953A-263A-4DC6-B95C-64B25D93176F@microsoft.com... > ...

Personal.xls file
There are multiple files, each named "personal.xls" in various folder on my computer. To my knowledge, I have not created any of them. I "personal.xls" file I have gotten unknowingly from the internet o something Excel (I have Excel 97)? I would not bother with it excep that it is causing Excel to unnecessarily load another file when th program starts up -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com KZ, you have most probably been infected with a macro virus. Personal.xls is used to load macros when you start Excel, and if you have not created them, they probably are...

Export number without decimals
hI, When I export my data from a query in csv format, one of the fields which has 13 digit numbers diplays decimal places when infact the data in the database does not have any decimals. How can I force this field in my query to format with zero decimals so it exports correctly. Eg. currently doing 1310010010011.00 want to show 1310010010011 Bruce Bruce It might be a bit of a kludge, but you could convert the number to text (CStr()) in a query before exporting the query. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/...

MSM2005 and archive file
Several months ago, I archived year 2003 transactions from my mny file into a separate file. Recently, I realized that it's been a really long time since I reconciled my "checkbook". It was last reconciled 9/2003 meaning that my archive included unreconciled transactions. I loaded my archive file and started catching up. In fact I got so far as 6/2004 when I realized that I had been reconciling my archive instead of my normal file. It is interesting that my archive had current transactions in it to reconcile! Hopefully I am not screwed up to badly. Do I have to re-reconcile 1/...

4 postcards per sheet w/mail merge?
I need to print 4 postcards per one 8.5" x 11" sheet and merge different information from a data base for each client. I'm using Pub 2003 and I figured out how to create the postcard - get 4 per page - but the merged data is the same for each card on the sheet. Can anyone tell me how to get 4 different clients on each sheet? Thanks for your help! Troy When you print it, it will have different names on each card. From http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011202811033.aspx: In the print preview window, it will look like a whole page of the same label. Have fa...

Formatting Page Numbers
I am formatting a manual that supposed to have page numbers starting 0.0, 0.1, ... then 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc. with an accompanying TOC. I am perfectly willing to put the page numbers in manually to make sure that they are done accurately, but I cannot figure out how to turn off the automatic page numbers or format them the way I need to. There must be something I can do with section breaks, but the revision date is alternating vertically on the side of the pages because it's a manual. Thoughts on how I can make the page numbers work out? What dictates the change from the ...

Sort EXCEL sheets into alphabetical order
I have a workbook with 50 sheets (1 for each employee). How can I get Excel to sort these into alphabetical order ? (From kyeoward@hotmail.com) This macro should do it. Sub SortSheets() Dim sht As Worksheet Dim mySht As Worksheet Dim i As Integer Dim endRow As Long Dim shtNames As Range Dim Cell As Range Set mySht = Sheets.Add mySht.Move before:=Sheets(1) For i = 2 To Sheets.Count mySht.Cells(i - 1, 1).Value = Sheets(i).Name Next i endRow = mySht.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).row Set shtNames = mySht.Range(Cells(1, 1...

Adding a version number to a document
Is it possible to add a version number to a workbook on saving and closing Hi Tigsboy Yes it is possible. You can manually change the name of the document, e.g. from Draftv1.xls to Draftv1.1.xls. Or else, you can use a macro to increment your version number every time you save it -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "Tigsboy" wrote: > Is it possible to add a version number to a workbook on saving and closing Good afternoon Tigsboy You will need a macro to do this for you, but just to put you on th right track: Private Sub Workbo...

how 2 hide row if row in another sheet is hidden?
Hi to all! I want to hide row #3 say, in worksheet 'a', if row #4 in worksheet 'b' is also hidden. And if its not hidden, I want the row in worksheet 'a' also to remain unhidden. Not sure how to do this.... Thanks! Jason Shohet ...

Choosing File Details to Include
When syncing my device through WMP using WMA files all the file details (such as artist name, album name) were transfered with the file. However, when I tried to sync MP3 files the only info that transferred was the file (song) name - it also had included the the track# as part of the song name. Last night I THINK I came across a window where I could check off which details to include and also had the option to remove the track # from the song name. Today I cannot find that screen anywhere. Where would I have seen such a screen and how do I find it again? Thanks -- ...

Max and min
Hi! I would like a formula to anticipate the expected maximum and minimum of votes for each political group in the elections and that the variables are necessary to know Thanks in advance. an ...

maximum number of recipients
I am using Microsofts Outlook 2007. What is the maximum number of recipients that can be added to send one message to? I get an error code 452 when I want to send one message to a few recipients simultaniously. Which is an error code and limitation set by your ISP and is not coming from Outlook. You'll have to contact your ISP to find out which limit applies to your subscription. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real ...

oops... Getting product name from other sheet
Which formula can I use to get product names to transfer onto other sheets? Like: Sheet1: ITEM# NAME T0589 Rose T0575 Lilly T0575 Tulip Sheet2: ITEM# NAME T0589 T0575 I would like for it to recognize the item# in sheet to and automatically look for the product name from sheet 2 and fill it in. I tried a few "IF" formulas, but w/out luck. Thanks for any help... -- Nicki Taylor =vlookup() looks like it would work ok. =if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)) You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes: http://www...

How can I display negative numbers in a floating bar graph?
I have two categories where the minimum value is a negative number. When Excel graphs these two categories, it starts at zero, rather than the negative number. I can't figure out how to get Excel to display the numbers accurately. Keeping in mind that a floating chart is a stacked chart, follow the procedures on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StackedColumnsAboveAndBelow.html In short, the bars cannot cross the axis, so you need two series, one for the positive part of a bar, and another for the negative part. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Pelti...

Scroll Lock for selected multiple sheets
Help please, I'm trying to limit the scroll area of several sheets but I also need other sheets to scroll normally. I'm using this formula in the VBA (ThisWorkbook): Private Sub WorkBook_Open() Sheets("Jan").ScrollArea = "A1:M52" End Sub This works fine for the "Jan" sheet but I have several others that I need to limit the scroll area as well. I tried placing the above formula in each sheet that I want to limit but upon opening the workbook I get an Runtime Error. What's the solution? K -- Keyrookie This code goes...

How do I set which columns are displayed in File:Open?
In Excel or Word, when I click the "Open" icon to open a file, the columns of properties that are displayed (filename, size, date etc.) are NOT the ones I want. Both programs show columns as if the files were MUSIC files: I get filename, size and type, but then Artist, Album Title, Year, Track Number, and Duration. I know I can right-click the headings and uncheck the ones I don't want and check the ones I do, but I have to do this EVERY TIME I launch the two programs. How can I set the defaults that I want so the right columns are displayed when I launch the program? T...

find header then replace header with number of entries below heade
I have a data set that contains over 66,000 lines. I would like to search for each 'nan nan' then replace it with the number of entries that follow until the next 'nan nan'. Ex. the first 'nan nan' to be replaced with '7', second with '17'. I would also like to enter a '1' in the cell to the right of each replaced value. Thanks in advance. Kevin nan nan -89.34548 29.000135 -89.34636 28.998375 -89.346654 28.997788 -89.347534 28.997788 -89.347827 28.997495 -89.346654 28.996321 -89.341373 29.000135 nan nan -89.424686 28.9232...

Outlook 2003: How do I Access My Contacts In Second Outlook Data File After Upgrade ?
Hi everybody, I use two separate Data Files, I have some contacts in the first (main) file and some in the additional file. After upgrade to 2003 version Contacts are gone from the tree view of the additional Data File. How do I access them ?? Any ideas ? It looks like the new version has more limited functionality and it only supports contacts in one (main) Data File. I hope it is not true. Tom Jastrzebski Did you add the second PST file to your Profile and configure the Outlook Address Book to display it? "Tree view?" -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tom Jastrzebski"...

Does Smartlist have max # of records it looks at?
I created a report through SmartList builder and when I run it, the information stops at 12/7/09. It does not show the rest of the year regardless of what date criteria I use. I then created a similar SQL query and made a new SmartList from that query. Again the information stops at 12/7/09. Is there a maximum number of records that SmartList will look at? Or any ideas on why this is happening? This is my SQL query: select a.ordocnum, a. crdtamnt, a.debitamt, a.trxdate, a.actindx, a.ormstrid, a.ormstrnm, a.dscriptn, b.mnacsgmt, c.userdef1, c.userdef2 from gl20000 a lef...