Matching 2 sheets with data then display a result

I will try and explain what i am trying accomplish.

Trying to create a function where the "New" sheet with no prices on it with
different styles of utensils need to match the master "Utensils" sheet (with
the
cost$) with the same style info but many more styles. Not all styles are on
the "New" sheet but need to match the ones in the "Utensils" sheet. The "New"
sheet is always updated of course with more or less new styles. How to match
the sheets?

The final problem, I managed to use a vlookup on another sheet named "Sold"
that
when I choose from the "Sold" sheet the style, it will show the "New" and
"Utensils" data is a match or not with "S" for match or "N" for non-match. So
when an item is sold, I use the "Sold" sheet vlookup but it also shows if the
"New" and "Utensils" sheets match or not on that data.

Appreciate your help.
Layout of sheets:
eg. New sheet
col A |
style |

eg. Master Utensils sheet
col A | B...
style | Cost$

eg. Sold Sheet
col B | C | D
Style | Cost$ | Match S or N

0
Lenard (1)
10/4/2007 11:25:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How do I preserve text color when combining cell data
I'm using "&" to combine data from multiple cells. Each cell has text of a different color and I want to preserve those colors in the new combined cell. The new combined cell is formatting all the text to one color. Anyone have any suggestions on how to maintain the separate colors in the new cell? A formula can only return a value to a cell, so you cannot return formatting and such. =A1&A2 will return the value of A1 and A2 to the cell that has that formula entered in it. HTH Regards, Howard "CraigS" <CraigS@discussions.microsof...

Matching function or no match
I am using this formula to compare 2 list to see which numbers are not included in both column A and Col C. The formula I am using below pulls out the ones that i do have a match . Is there another function that I could use that would only pull out the ones that there is not a match? =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),"",A1) Thanks Uh =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),A1,"") -- HTH Bob "Donna" <donna@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BE688A2B-3D42-45A0-AA3F-B65034C685E1@microsoft.com... > > I am using this for...

Client E-Mail and Web E-Mail not matching
I've got a few complaints from about 4 users where e-mail they see in their Outlook Client is not showing up in their Outlook Web Client when they check their e-mail from a remote location. We're using Exchange 2003 with SP2 installed and all the users have Office Outlook 2003 with SP1 Installed also. This seems to only have been a problem since we upgraded to Exchange SP2 two weeks ago. (Although I can't confirm it, but I wasn't told of any problems before th upgrade.) We had to upgrade to SP2 because of the 16 Gig limit so rollback is not an option. Best as I can t...

shapes #2
in publisher 2003, when I insert a shape it moves the text over. I want the shape to go around the text. Send the object to the back. (Arrange menu). Or select the text box, on the picture toolbar, click the dog icon, click none. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "school girl" <schoolgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AB5DF10-A2E1-4BE3-AD64-0C85BD6BBCA8@microsoft.com... > in publisher 2003, when I insert a shape it moves the text over. I want the > shape to go around the text...

print preview not working #2
When I print preview a sheet in xl only 9 of 13 pages preview. When printing the same sheet to a printer, they all print. When printing to pdf only 9 of the pages print. ...

customize outlook #2
I can not open customize outlook. Itried the suggestion in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 820575. It did not help. Any suggestions. Nothing happens when you click on Customize Outlook Today,=20 even after changing the DWORD value as suggested in the=20 article. >-----Original Message----- >What errors are you getting? What is not working? Be=20 specific. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20 intact. > > >After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer >Jeb Bankert <jebesq@bankertpc....

Matching cells #3
Here's my spreadsheet: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 6 4 5 10 5 8 11 6 9 7 10 8 9 10 11 12 13 How do I get the matching numbers on the same rows, like: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 10 11 11 12 13 13 I would just re-create the columns. 1. Copy column A into D. 2. In E1 put: =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,$A1),$A1,"") 3. Copy it over to F1 and then down as far as needed. 4. Select columns D thru F, copy them, and go to Edit > Paste Special > Value. Press OK. 5. Delete column A thru C. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA &g...

CRM 1.2 -> 3.0 Upgrade failure
Hi, I am trying to get an install of CRM 1.2 upgraded to 3.0 but am running in to some issues when I try to. The installer fails with the following warnings and errors: Warning: The indexes on the Microsoft CRM database are not consistent with Microsoft CRM 1.2 indexes. Warning: Discrepancies were found in the read-only metadata. Error: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. The installer log files has the following line: 14:09:13| Error| Check ExportXmlValidator : Failure: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. We have previously been able to upgrade 1.2 to 3.0 successfully in ...

CInternetSession #2
Hello! For two days now, Iam strugling with some dificulties using CInternetSession.OpenURL() function. Iam writing simple code for separate thread function such as: while(true) { CInternetSession csiSession; CStdioFile* MyFile = csiSession.OpenURL(_T("http://www.someurl.com")); // working on retrieved data MyFile->Close(); delete MyFile; } Iam using VC2k5 and while building solution Ive received warning: First-chance exception at 0x7c90eb74 in Project1.exe: 0xC0000008: An invalid handle was specified. Warning is poiting to "OpenURL", but I don&#...

Lookup Formula: Return 1st match, then 2nd match, then 3rd match
I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following. Tab 1. Col A=Name. Col B = Task. A B Bob Reconcile Cash Tim Do Sales Report Bob Create presentation Tim Prepare financial statements Bob Hire staff person Now on tab two, I want to create another list that pulls all the tasks together by person. For example, Tab 2 would look like this: Bob Reconcile Cash Bob Create presentation Bob Hire staff person Tim Do Sales Report Tim Prepare financial statement. I realize I can just sor...

Index Match Functions
Has anyone ever combined the Index and Match functions to do lookups? ...

Referencing Sheets in a Formula
Is there a way to change sheet numbers when cells are copied down? What I mean by this is: I have five sheets labeled Sheet1 through Sheet5. I have the formula =INDIRECT("Sheet&ROW()!",$A$1) As I copy down I want the Sheet Numbers to correspond with the row numbers that contain the formula. I want the cell A1 to be referenced from each sheet every time. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Chris Hi Chris try =INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()&"!$A$1") Cheers JulieD "Christopher Anderson" <ChristopherAnderson@discussions.microso...

Many to Many Data Integrity (Alway confuse myself)
OK, thanks in advance. I always screw this up so here it goes: Three tables: Line, Part, LinetoPart I could set these tables up differently, but Part A can be ran on Line1, 2, or 3. LinetoParts has autonumber pkLinetoPart, fkLine, and fkPart. So how do I keep the many table from duplicating say an entry stating that Part A to Line 1? Am I missing the boat here? In the LinetoParts pkParts can duplicate and pkLine can duplicate, but I don't want a duplicate record with the same pkPart and pkLine. *Relationship Algebra why do you plague me so?* At the nuts and bolts level, wh...

Duplicate Attachments #2
We have come across a problem whereby I have sent an email with several attachments, one being a word doc and another being a ..publisher doc. Having sent the email the recipients have reported that he word doc has duplicated itself. Even in my sent items the emails shows the word doc having duplicated even though I attached it the once. Other colleagues have reported the same problem whereby attachments are duplicated on an email. We are working in outlook 2002 and have just upgraded to Exchange 2000. Has anyone seen this problem before. Many Thanks Lisa ...

Not matching transactions
I have it set to not automatically do anything. I've tried resetting the account quite a few times with the help of technicians, but it's too long and involved, and I'm tired of rebalancing the account every time. I have 3 accounts, 1 works without passport and does fine. One of the others I can manually download from the web site, and have no problems doing it like so and decided this is the best way, prior tries it wouldn't work with passport. But the other still insists they are new transactions, and I can't download from their site directly. They only allow...

news group #2
I know that this is not a Usenet group but I wonder if anyone can help me find a Usenet group that does not cost a fortune. I have had internet access for over 10 years and enjoyed the newsgroups via freeserve then wanadoo until just over a year ago they cut off the service. I then had an unsolicited offer from <news.ak47erg> to use the Usenet through them for a one off payment of �8 (or thereabouts). This has now expired as well. I have tried to find a reasonably priced access but the cheapest I have found so far was $10 per month, that is too much for me. If anyone can point me to a c...

Integrat excel workbook in asp.net for edit and display
Hi, I want to add Excel Worksheet and inter-act with it in an ASP.NET page. Then give the user the ability to edit it, and save it. Currently I ma using MS Office 2003 and MS VStudio 2005. Can this be done? Any help will be appreciated. Rad ...

Error message regarding updating american express data
When updating my accounts online I receive a message indicating there was an error downloading from american express. It indicates the account may be closed or the number may have changed. Neither is the case, and the update completes and downloads the data from american express correctly. Any suggestions on eliminating the message? AMEX has been having problems for the last two days and I can't even sign on to the AMEX website this morning to THAT get that message today. It appears to be an AMEX problem based on the message on their website yesterday. -- PlsHelpMScan't ...

help please #2
Hi anyone, In VBA how can I check a cell in one sheet against a range of cells in another sheet and then copy values from the 2nd sheet where the cells matched ? eg: sheetA range: A1 contains a list of codes sheetB range: B10:H100 each row contains a code in column b and then relevant data in columns c to h. I would want to look up aheetA range A1, see what code has been selected then go to sheetB and check for that code in column b, and where it matches put the contents of that row into sheetA range A10:g10 onwards. Thanks. Amy x Hi Amy do you really need a VBA solution as the VLOOKUP f...

data in row didnt match import type 12-30-05
while importing almost 800 accounts , i got the following error for majority of accounts 'Data in row did not match the import type' what is the solution? How can i match it? whats is the way of comparision? It looks like a data problem. You need to check if all dates are correct (and filled), if numbers are numbers (not letters), etc... Regards, -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Aam" <Aam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C51E8ED0-443D-4B35-B436-0A9EDB09B419@microsoft.com... > while impo...

Manually matching transactions
Hi, I'm new to Money 2007 so maybe this is an easy question but I don't find an answer after searching help and recent posts. I have setup a checking account and a bill for Tuition. My transactions are automatically downloaded to my checking account. One of these transactions was my Tuition payment, but the bill still shows as being past due. Can't I simply mark that transaction as being a Tuition payment somehow? I'm sure I could record payment from the bill with the same info as that transaction has then delete the downloaded transaction that wasn't associated ...

formula for a column #2
I'm working on a daily worksheet where all the values for a column will be the same ex. L2/C2, L3/C3, L4/C4 How do I set it up? Assuming the column you want to compute the values is in say, col M Put in M2: =IF(C2=0,"",L2/C2) and press ENTER Point the cursor to the bottom right corner of M2 (cursor will turn into a "black cross") Drag to fill as far down as required .. -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "msdobe" <msdobe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:529B3703-9D9A-4560-80D...

Message Routing #2
Knock, Knock, Hello No ideas at all? Come on dont let me fall at the first hurdle here, i am beggining to seriously regret installing Exchange. It is vastly more difficult to administer than MDaemon and at least on the MDaemon forum you get a prompt response, come on guy's please help........ snip - earlier post - sni Hi I am a newbie with a brand new SBS2003 install. I am usin the MS POP collector to retrive mails from both my domai hosting co and ISP. The mails from my ISP work OK, they ar collected into the respective individuals mailboxes. It i the mail from my domain hosting compa...

Break out numerical data range
Hello~ I need some assistance with solving this issue, please. I have been provided with an Excel worksheet containing 2 columns and 250 rows of data. Each row contains a numerical range. Column A contains the first number of a range. Column B contains the last number of the same range (please see example below). Column A Column B 11234 11267 28210 28215 36748 36750 85726 86200 My task is to somehow "extract" all of the numbers within these ranges, and place ALL numbers into a single column. This is the only way that I will be able ...

Default email account #2
using windows xp pro & outlook 2003 multiple pop/smtp accounts and ms exchange account the default account keeps setting itself back to exchange when i want a pop3 account to be default, if I set pop as default account the outlook keeps this as default until computer is rebooted and then it switches back to exchange. How do i stop it changing back to exchange? ...