Map Add-On?

I am looking for an Excel Chart add on so that I can take numerical data and
display it on a geographic map of states or zip codes for example.  Even
better I could color or shade a state based on the values in my spreadsheet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark

0
nospam7515 (2086)
9/28/2005 11:11:00 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Item Integration should allow mapping to Extended Pricing Price S
When Extended Pricing is enabled and you use Integration Manager to bring in prices, you map a Constant Price Level EXTPRCLVL to get the integration to go through. The only problem is that this doesn't affect the Price Sheets, so doesn't calculate a price in Sales Order Processing. It would be nice if a collection could be added for Price Sheets. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the but...

Mapping..
ok. I have a table with about... ohh 250 fields. Lets say that one field is directly dependant on another. In this case, a region number is given to a person based on their postal code. In SQL I could just create a second table and link them using postal code as the key. How can I accompish this in CRM? I'm assuming its by using the mapping feature but in the documentation I have it tells me to go in through the SQL enterprise manager. I have been told that I am not allowed to directly access the SQL database without voidding my warranty. How can I make it so that the region number...

Shared Solution: How to add a trendline for multiple XY series
Greetings, all - Just thought I'd post a solution I devised for plotting a trendline for multiple series in an XY scatter chart. I wanted to group my data into different series based on category (Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor, and Very Poor) so I could color-code the dot markers on my XY Chart. However, the Chart > Add Trendline option would only allow me to select one data series at a time. But I found a simple solution which worked well in my case. After charting the X-Y values for each category, I then added another series to my chart, named it "All," and inserted the cell r...

how do i map an excel column to an XML element
How do i map an entire column of data in an excel spreadsheet to an XML data element in the XML source Task Pane? I want to export the data in my spreadsheet so that every row in my spreadsheet is an XML record and every cell in the row is a sub element ...

Add Decimal to Cells 2 places to left of number.
I exported a table from another program that includes fees. Onl problem, the cells are now whole numbers. I need to add a decimal places to the left of the last number. For example, I need to turn: 227500 490 170000 into: 2275.00 4.90 1700.00 Is there a simple way of going about this? Thanks in advance -- dlkingac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dlkingace's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1648 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27833 In a blank cell type in .1 Sele...

Map command
Have got Windows XP professional. Excel used to have the facility to create a map from a worksheet but this does not appear to be in the Insert Menu anymore. Can anyone tell me how to create a map in XP? Windows XP Professional is an Operating System. Do you mean Office XP Professional? If so, you are out of luck with the Insert>Map feature unless you purchase MS MapPoint software. Excel XP has done away with the Mapping component. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:41:08 -0800, "suemkay" <suemkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have got Windows X...

Can Visio convert and or open an iGrafx process map?
I have a process map done in Corel iGrafx Flowcharter 2003 and want to know if I can convert the file such that I can edit and play with it in Visio Professional 2003. Thanks I have an IGX format file that needs to be converted to Visio as well. Seems some seminar presenters are giving out their sample files in this format, and I would REALLY prefer not to add yet another flow charting tool to our environment here. Has anyone developed a solution for this? Thanks! "Dellitot" wrote: > I have a process map done in Corel iGrafx Flowcharter 2003 and want to know > ...

Add/Remove programs to show Installation date
Hi Mr Microsoft, In the add and remove programs, please can you have one of the fields set to show the date software was installed rather than "frequently used". I think having the installation date would be more benneficial. If your nor sure when a pice of software was installed, you can look in the Add/Remove programs, sort the list by Installation Date. If you have to do a system restore, it can make the selection of the date easier as you will know what day what software was installed ... I await your coments. Regards, Peter. ---------------- This post is ...

Using Custom Mapped fields when importing in Outlook 2002
I am trying to import a *.csv file from Excel into contacts of Outlook 2002. I have created a custome made contact form and made it my default, but when trying to map the fields within the import wizard, my custom made contact form is not used to map to. Any ideas on how to make the mapped to reflect my user defined fields? Thanks! ...

add days and shade help
i would like to add 90 days to a date and have it stay green, and trun red on the 80th day can this be done. -- cj thanks this works///// -- cj "kassie" wrote: > You can use conditional formatting to achieve your goal. If you have the > original date in A1, and in B1 you have a formula =A1+90, then onditionally > format B1. Iso Cell Value is, use Formula Is, and insert the following > formula: =TODAY()<A1+80 > > Click on Format, select Patterns, choose Red, and OK out. Set the Cell > Background to Green, and it will remian green till 80 days af...

Pop3 Option Disabled in Add New Email Account Diag Box
Installed Outlook 2003 on WinXP Pro SP 2 and noticed that the only email server option available for the creation of new email accounts is "Exchange Server." I am unable to add a Pop account because the option is grayed out / disabled. Why is this and what can I do to reenable this option? Thanks! HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Office11/Outloook/DisablePOP3 is set to 1. It needs to be set to 0. This was a decision that the admins who installed it probably made, but in my case I need the POP access. Thought I would share. If you don't have admin privileges on your computer to be edi...

worksheet map
I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets in them. What I would like to do is be able to generate a "map" that would show me graphically how all the worksheets in the file are linked to each other. i, How would that differ from using Trace...dependents, precedents ? Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "ixlr84fun" <ixlr84fun@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135280427.415301.26280@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets in them. What I would like to do is be able to generate a "...

"Map" button
Does the "Map" button exist in 2003 EXCELL Hi no, MS has disconitnued this support with Excel 2002 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "NLeites" <NLeites@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A47AFEDE-097D-4BDC-B1F5-CD902D880C95@microsoft.com... > Does the "Map" button exist in 2003 EXCELL You must now purchase MapPoint program which interfaces with Office apps. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:19:40 +0100, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >no, MS has disconitnued this suppo...

How to map a string to a map pointer?
Hi, I have several strings, each of which should be mapped to a specific map of string to string structure. How to implement by the CMap template? Or is there an type- specific Map classes I can use? Thanks. Gary My first guess would be something like: CMap<string, string, string, string> m_MyStringMap; but I'm not sure what results mixing MFC and STL will produce. "Gary" <gary_gzi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:085f01c38160$c04a1570$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have several strings, each of which should be mapped to > a specific map of...

Map one more column map within a single XSD element.
Map one more column map within a single XSD element. I have export the xml file from the excel file format, the data has in one more column a xml element data. How can I map one more column? In my XSD (problem is "sub-item" element) <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xsd:element name="body"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item-group" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item...

add email address to a list of names
I have a list of names, 1st column has last name, 2nd column has first name and I know what the email address would be for each person: example would be like Smith_John@nowhere.com. How do I add a column that would be a email address of each of the different people Hi biochemist Try this formula =HYPERLINK("mailto:" & A1 & B1&"@something.com") -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "biochemist" <biochemist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27D3FA43-B372-4C33-A029-796788903128@microsoft.com... >I have a list...

Add Remove Message Inbox Headings
Hi :) I have to do the ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Module 7 this week and I'm stuck on two points: 7.6.3.1 - Add/Remove Message Inbox Headings like: sender, subject, date, received - How do I add or remove those headings in Outlook 2007? Thanks for any help :) Giulio. ...

Unable to add email accounts in 2003
I am having a problem adding a email account in Outlook 2003. Whenever I attempt to add a new account the window that has Server Type all of the options are greyed out. If I create a new account on the workstation then I can add a new email account. Any ideas on the cause of this problem? I've tried removing all the outlook config file from the Documents and setting directory but this has still occured? Brian Are you trying to add an account from Control Panel->Mail Icon? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due t...

X-Y map of 2 issues with one PIN
I want to map on an x-y chart two issues about 2 to 4 products I want to map the products by 1) there price & 2) there complexity I built the data and the chart but my problem is that I am getting 2 sets of plotted pins - one set is how you would expect in various points on the chart the problem is that there is a second set of plot points that run acroos the bottm of the chart and if you remove that plot range from the chart then the other polt points are no longer dynamic. This use to be easy You need to share some more about what you are doing. What are you plotting? Price...

Install Module choices mapped to Help Menu Module Listing
Hello, when installing GPv10 you have choices of what to install. For example: EFT for Receivables, Electronic Bank Reconciliation, Professional Services Tools Library, etc. But when you go under Help>Options and display the registration report it's not a one-to-one mapping of what you chose when doing the install. For example modules listed in my registration report that are not registered are Cashbook Bank Management, Bank One Commercial Card Integration, Bank One Direct Paycheck Card Integration. I don't know if these are mapped to EFT for Receivables or Electronic Bank Recon...

add document description for Purchase Order invoices
many clients use the AP document description on the AP checks, but when the invoice initiates from POP that field does not exist. Please add a document description field to POP that flows through to the invoice and on to the AP check. This field would also need to be populated from Business Portal Req Mgmt (perhaps using the requisition description). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Add ... to long strings
Is there a standard function to add ... to long strings ? DrawText has the option. Generally, I consider this a Really Bad Idea Almost All The Time, although I've come up with a couple useful exceptions now and again. Putting ... in a path name, however, is ALWAYS a mistake. I wish there was a user option to disable this completely and forever under all imaginable circumstances. joe On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 12:35:34 -0800, "Michael Tissington" <michael@nospam.newsgroups.com> wrote: >Is there a standard function to add ... to long strings ? Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] e...

Map data to map of USA
I would like to map 50 pieces of data to the states on a map of the USA & then to fill each state with a color, increasing in intensity as the number rises. Does this sound like something that can be done in Excel? Hi, Earlier version of Excel came with a map utility Now you have to pay for it. http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/2004/default.mspx You might find this of use, although it will require some adapting. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng12.htm Cheers Andy Moo wrote: > I would like to map 50 pieces of data to the states on a map of the USA & > then to fill each sta...

Why can't I use an event sink to add a header entry
The msdn site says the property is read only. Anyone know of a way to do this? ...

map real estate prices with google maps at HomePriceMaps.com #2
http://www.HomePriceMaps.com integrates how much homes SOLD for nationwide using the google mapping technology. Simply select city and state from the city menu and click search. If you don't see data for your area simply email HomePriceMaps@gmail.com with your zipcode and or address and they'll update the site with your info and email you within a few days. ...